PDA

View Full Version : Know any people who never realised ?

Imogen_Mann
09-29-2005, 02:34 AM
I've met a few people around over the last few years and I've found myself thinking... "you are, but you don't know it". I have a work collegue on whom I would bet a hundred pounds straight down, is gay, but has not realised it yet.

My question is, do you know or know of anyone who you think is transgendered, but has just never realised it. I have, and it's actually my mother... who has more male traits than most men, she almost never wears a skirt or dress, and is just very very well... manly. I think with a different upbringing, she would have been a F to M with no doubt.

Anyone else feel this way about others ? or do I owe mum an apology ?

XX

Jayme.

urban gypsy
09-29-2005, 02:44 AM
I have meet a lot of people that I feel could be transgendered but dont relise it.but I would always keep the idea to my self as I would not like to offend.

Lisa Maren
09-29-2005, 03:42 AM
I've definitely seen at least two or three gentlemen with facial hair... and long hair down almost down to their belts -- and they wear it down, too.

Hmmmmmmm? Makes one wonder! :D

Hugs,
Lisa

MarinaTwelve200
09-29-2005, 06:58 AM
I've met a few people around over the last few years and I've found myself thinking... "you are, but you don't know it". I have a work collegue on whom I would bet a hundred pounds straight down, is gay, but has not realised it yet.

My question is, do you know or know of anyone who you think is transgendered, but has just never realised it. I have, and it's actually my mother... who has more male traits than most men, she almost never wears a skirt or dress, and is just very very well... manly. I think with a different upbringing, she would have been a F to M with no doubt.

Anyone else feel this way about others ? or do I owe mum an apology ?

XX

Jayme.

I think Anyone who is TG , especially to the point of being homosexual KNOWS it. At worse they may deny it to themselves, but it always bothers them. If theguy realli IS gay, I suspect He both knows it, but prefers to keep quiet about it, except to those friends that he trusts with that information and interacts with on that basis.

Just having "traits" of the opposite sex is no certian indicator of TG or homosexuality---and that gets very close to the "ignorant definition" of "gay" (hey the kid cant play sports well, so he must be gay)

A woman who is strong and 'practical" is just that---my German mother was the same way. Some qualities are admirable in either sex.

People know when thet are transgendered, and the careful TG is very selective to whom he/she reveals themself to. Now I would not say that some are not in Denyal, but all know or at least strongly suspect and dont want to deal with it.

I think the bigger problem is with "normal" people who have a poor or distorted idea of what TS means, and FEAR they are TS (but really aren't) when they discover they possess qualities that are usually COMMON to both sexes. An indicator of this is the "I dont know" thing that hovers in their minds.

Sarah Ellis
09-29-2005, 07:17 AM
long hair down almost down to their belts -- and they wear it down, too.

Hmmmmmmm? Makes one wonder!

Mine was like that at one time. Washed and conditioned every day. Thick black and shiny as hell. Sometimes worn in a pony tail, not just an elastic band in either but a brightly colored hair bobble. Not too large a one but enough for it to be seen. Was I bothered? Nope... Nobody knew either. I have short hair now, due to the nature of work I do

Satin x

Tiffy
09-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Oh for sure, My garndmother. She is more man than most people I know. And she gets called sir on a daily basis. She wears all mens clothes and does all men things. I would almost bet a years pay I am right.

Kisses, April

Abraxas
09-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Well, I didn't realise I was TG until it was pointed out (Eddie Izzard talking about it in Dress to Kill). It took me like half a dozen viewings to realise I was, indeed, TG. I was a bit dense. But if I'd never watched Dress to Kill, I wouldn't be aware now that I am TG. I probably would have figured it out eventually, but it would have taken a lot longer. So it's always possible that people don't know. I think it's a bit more difficult to not know you're gay, though.