PDA

View Full Version : This could be habit forming

AKAMichelle
04-24-2011, 01:27 PM
When I first started going out, I would go out throughout the week mostly grocery shopping and seeing a movie. Nowadays things are so much more than that. My life is becoming so much more fulfilling as I continue this journey. TXKimberly use to tell me how much fun karaoke was and I never understood. Now I understand!

I started the weekend by going to the nail salon to get my nails done. It is so nice to be accepted into that circle. After getting my nails done, I headed to Kohl's. I had 2 $10 gift cards which I just had to use. So I headed to the jewelry counter and found 2 necklaces and matching earrings which I had to have. To complete the purchase I got to relish in my bargain shopping of finding $70 worth of jewelry for $11. The jewelry is so pretty. One of them has clear crystals and pearls mixed together while the other one had clear and pink crystals. So after shopping it was time to meet some friends for dinner. We met at our favorite Red Lobster including our favorite server (Barb). After dinner we headed to karaoke, which is where all the fun began.

Wounded up having a total of 10 people at karaoke and it was the highlight of the entire weekend. I ended up singing 5 songs that night and it was so cool. I started with Spandau Ballet’s ”True” to get the juices flowing. I met a GG there who ended up hanging out with me most of the evening. We did 2 duets during the night and that was beyond awesome. I had never done a duet. In fact a couple of months ago, I hadn’t performed on stage since my late teens. The best came when I sang Michael Buble’s “Save the Last Dance for Me”. I had people up dancing during the song andI had to give myself a B+ on singing that song. I had never done the song before but apparently I rocked it because I got several compliments. The final song was Chris Young’s “Getting you Home” which I sang to the GG. Well she didn’t go home with me, but I still had a great time.

The next day was tickets to see a basketball game as Michelle. I went with another cd’er named Julie and we started with dinner at Brooklyn’s there at the Pepsi Center. It was a lot of "T" in that place before the game and it was only going to get worse. The manager came up to us and told us that he had several others dressed going to the Pepsi Center before, but we looked better than any he had ever seen and proceeded to buy us drinks. Too bad he didn’t buy us dinner, but drinks were great. So after dinner we headed into the Pepsi Center and 8000+ crazy nuts. We had some really good seats for the game. It was interesting to hear how people react to a game in person. The guys knew every stat and the women would get every bit as vocal about bad calls as the males. It was really interesting to see how everything happened. There were no issues and I loved it.

Sadly the evening ended but it may take days to come down off of the clouds. I can’t wait for next weekend and karaoke night again. I hope the GG is there again because she helped to take the evening to another level. So if any of you girls are going to be in Denver this Friday then you need to be at Santa Fe Tavern. It is a mainstream club which allows us to really liven up the place. I hope to see you there. I will be the person on thec louds.

Persephone
04-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Wow, Michelle! What a superb weekend!!! Super fun!

Hugs,
Persephone.

AKAMichelle
04-24-2011, 11:31 PM
I just thought I would mention that this is National Karaoke Week. I almost wish every week was karaoke week now.

Comet
04-24-2011, 11:42 PM
I just thought I would mention that this is National Karaoke Week. I almost wish every week was karaoke week now.
It could be! Lots of places that do karaoke do it weekly. I've been a semi-regular at a couple of places before, it's great.

Danni Renee
04-25-2011, 12:04 AM
WOW! What a great weekend! I caught most of the game on TV and when I first saw who was playing and that it was game 3, I told my SO that "MICHELLE IS THERE!" I hope you continue to have such great weekends!

2SpeedTranny
04-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Well she didn’t go home with me, but I still had a great time.

That might have upset her boyfriend a bit. ;)

Sadly the evening ended but it may take days to come down off of the clouds. I can’t wait for next weekend and karaoke night again. I hope the GG is there again because she helped to take the evening to another level.

Heheheh.... I warned you. :D

It is a mainstream club which allows us to really liven up the place.

Any bar loves you in direct proportion to the tab you run up, and inverse proportion to the drunken brawls you instigate... as I explained it to our erstwhile KJ. There's no "allow" about it... money's green. And who knows, maybe there's some heretofore undefined phenomenon whereby bar patrons drink more when trannies sing karaoke. :devil: