PDA

View Full Version : Some questions.....

QueenNatalie
04-24-2011, 02:09 PM
To start off I'm male to female in the working. The question is that I am probably not even close to the normal people in the forum in hours of crossdressing in public so I have some questions about handling um what is the word reactions. I went to DC a few days ago with my mother and my Female to male friend. For two whole days I went out as a woman. The thing is I am kinda oblivious to people's reactions , so only later my mother told me I was given all sorts of looks. So the question is how you crossdressers , transvestites and transwomen handle um public reaction. Because I want to be prepared for when I go to college and can handle being myself and handle people's reaction. I am asking this forum because i don't have any other transwomen , crossdressers or transvestites to help me. So any ideas to handle public reaction?

docrobbysherry
04-24-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm not experienced at this either, Queen. However, I've heard from some that r.

Some just ignore all negative reactions and those that make them. Some make snappy remarks and comebacks. A few get hostile! I'm sure you'll hear other good posts here!

The one I really like is; just smile and/or wave at the person who noticed u, regardless of their reaction! I think that may be the BEST way to get them on your side! If possible!

sissystephanie
04-24-2011, 02:25 PM
The easiest way to handle public reaction is to ignore it! So you get looks!! Do they hurt you! Of course they don't, nor should they. As long as you are obeying the laws, and not hurting others, you control your own life!! I have been a crossdresser for over 60 years, and long ago decided to ignore public reaction. Since my wife, who always fixed my wig and did my makeup, passed away several years ago I started going out dressed but looking like the male that I am! I go everywhere dressed enfemme, and in the past 6 years have not had one negative comment made to me!! Unless your femme clothing is really outlandish, most people don't care!! And the majority of them won't even look!!

Just be yourself, and be happy. Crossdressing is fun!!

Kate Simmons
04-24-2011, 02:41 PM
The only advice I have is to hold your head high and be proud of who you are. Sometimes though we have to be trailblazers for our own particular situation. That will usually separate the women from the girls in any case.:)

Sandra
04-24-2011, 03:12 PM
I hoep you don't mind me posting, I am not a cder but an SO of a TS. When we are out both of us just ignore the stares or comments and get on with our day to day business. You know what is one of the biggest assets a transperson has.... is their smile, so when out hold your head high and if you get any stares and the such just smile, let them see that it doesn't bother you.

Michelle James
04-24-2011, 09:41 PM
The way I handle it is this: My wife no longer tells me about it if she notices someones reaction, and I just plain refuse to see it. I keep my head up, a smile on my face and I exude confidence. Works well for me.

t-girlxsophie
04-24-2011, 10:17 PM
I've learned throughout the years,that confidence is the key,hold your heads high and go about your business,that shows ppl you dont care what they think,last time I was out with my wife we went to mainstream places and saw no negative reactions,was only later my Wife told me that there was young lads on top of a bus giving abuse,as my US sisters would say she ran Interference It didn't ruin our day.We were just two Ladies having a nice day out in town.

Sophie

Vanessa Storrs
04-24-2011, 10:18 PM
I spent the whole day dressed yesterday and had a great time. I am not in the least passable but received positive reactions from almost all I encountered. I had a few casual conversations and was accepted as a human by all I talked with. When I go out I hold my head high (helps to hide the double chin) have my shoulders back (helps to show off the boobs) and try to project an air of confidence.

pernille d
04-25-2011, 03:08 PM
I remember I was so relaxed the first time I went out in public .I walked passed a few people before I got my first double take, and that did not bother me. Then sat on a door step was 3 teenager girls with beers , they started giggling before I even got close . I dont know why I did what I did but I looked over and smiled and they giggled more. rather than panicking I walked over to them said hello and sat down and talked, I think that made them feel akward then as the more we talked , the more they could see I was ok , we chatted for 10 minutes or so and they all smiled and wished me a nice evening as I walked away .

So if your feeling brave the element of surprise can really help as a lot of people just don't know how to react as they just mock to hide there own insecurity (it worked for me )