PDA

View Full Version : Seeking qualified person for basic HRT information

Vallari
09-29-2005, 04:06 AM
I have been really curious about hormone therapy lately and want to speak to somebody about it, though face to face. I'm assuming you have to start out with a therapist and if all goes well there then you are directed to a doctor.
I have considered starting with my family, but I'd rather start with a doctor/therapist and be completely sure of this myself, before I pull my family into this too.

I want to be more feminine in my appearance. I like my body more when I am Vallari and feel more confident and content with myself. I am unsure about SRS in the future because I know that feelings change as one goes through life, but I am not looking or planning for SRS at this point in my life. I do however want natural curves and breasts (not huge breasts of course) because I want a more attractive body, and I don't really care for wearing padded panties and all that to get the effect. It doesn't feel right to me and is often uncomfortable. I realize that if I were to do this I would be a she-male and I feel content with that and being referred to as that. As far as hormones go I want to do them under the supervision of a qualified doctor. I don't screw around with this kind of stuff on my own and I have heard the horror stories of those who did.

Basically what I want to do is get the straight facts about what I'm considering here. I am fully aware that once you start changing your body you have started doing MUCH more than just crossdressing. I want to know and discuss the implications of this. I want someone to ask me about the things I possibly haven't fully considered at this point. This is all preliminary research here, and I just want to talk to a doctor or therapist about all this. I have looked around this forum and the net regaurding hormone info.

I am not sure where this will go, a.k.a. I might hear some things the doctor/therapist tells me like side effects etc and just decide not to do hormones right there on the spot. But I am being open here.

I guess what I'm asking here is...
> does anyone know any good directory sites to find local people that specialize in this area?
>do you have to start with a therapist before you can even get access to a doctor who specializes in this (I'm assuming you do)

Any feedback here would be greatly appreciated.

Julie
10-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Vallari,

I was abut to respond to your post but saw Beauty had laready done so and knew immediately you were in good hands.

One thing that I'd like to add is what you can really expect from hormones. Once you've past the age of 25 your bone structure changes very little outside of the effects of aging. Hormones won't have any effect on changing your bone structure. You mentioned wanting curves. Well, you will never have the curvature of a GG unless you already do. You will see changes in fat and muscle. Fat will be deposited in places natural to women and your musclature will diminish. Both will help in giving you a more feminine appearance but without a female bone structure you won't have those curves we identify with the female form.

Also, you can expect breast growth about one cup size less that the female(s) you most closely resemble in your family. That's probably why many TSs opt for breast augmentation.

Feminine facial surgery seems to be a common surgery for TSs. The pioneer in FFS says, take care of the neck up and you will be able to pass. I've seen varying results form that surgery so I'm not totally sold on it. I have heard of TSs having their bottom rib removed to give them a smaller waist but that seems pretty drastic to me. Some TSs become surgery junkies, never satisfied with their appearance. You just have to learn to be happy with what you've been given.

I hope this didn't get you down. I just wanted you to understand what you can and cannot expect from HRT. I hope all goes well for you.

MarieTS
10-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Julie and Beauty... I wish you were around and that we'd had such good information systems a few years ago when I was growing up. Life would have been much more understandable. Thank you for all your sound advice. You truly make this site a worthwhile stop on our journey to discover who we truly are.

Vallari
10-05-2005, 03:36 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies. I am still very hesitant about all this and have not done anything yet. Julie, I understand what you mean about the bone structure. I guess what it comes down to is I want better skin, a more overall feminine appearance, and longer natural hair. I also want to be able to wear things like low-cut tops and dresses and look good/desirable in them. Will horomones round out the hips/etc with fat at least? I know my hips tend to go straight down (like a cylinder shape) in male mode.
I know things like height, feet size and hand size remain the same and currently can't be changed.
I'm also hoping horomones will make the whole shaving situation at least a little better (I know not to expect this with the face or pubic areas though).

Nyx
10-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Hormones do reduce overall body hair (not in the face, underarms, and pubic areas, however, as you mentioned), but it will make shaving of all other areas easier. Since you are 19 (if your profile is accurate), hormones might actually give you slightly wider hips. For your face, you can simply get it laser epilated.

katie6819
10-11-2005, 03:41 PM
If you start on HRT how soon do you start redistributing body fat into the femine areas and start growing breasts? and then what kind of time table are we talking about to complete the transformation?

Kisses
-Katie