PDA

View Full Version : Does this fit FTMs?

Puer
09-29-2005, 06:13 AM
Sorry, folks, but I'm not talking about your clothes, just your character!

Darla originally posted a version of this on the MTF board (and I confess to plagiarising her post). Having had a look at the article and been surprised how closely the traits fitted me as an FTM we thought it might be interesting to post a version on this board as well and see what the rest of you guys thought.

Please don't vote in this poll if you aren't FTM.

This short article - http://jenellerose.com/htmlpostings/darkside/Temperament.htm - argues that cross-dressers typically share the following traits:

• Intelligence
• Creating and making things
• Intellectual Curiosity and Eclecticism
• Collectors/Hobbyists/Tinkerers
• Perfectionism
• Enjoy flights of fancy
• Loners

The article's author, an MTF CD herself, argues these traits have typically made CDs feel "different" from others and a bit of an outsider even before they put on the dress (or in our case, trousers).

The bullet list doesn't do justice to the author's points about these traits, so please read the article first before answering the poll.

So what do you think? :undecided

CaptLex
09-29-2005, 10:11 AM
This short article - http://jenellerose.com/htmlpostings/darkside/Temperament.htm - argues that cross-dressers typically share the following traits:

• Intelligence
• Creating and making things
• Intellectual Curiosity and Eclecticism
• Collectors/Hobbyists/Tinkerers
• Perfectionism
• Enjoy flights of fancy
• Loners

The article's author, an MTF CD herself, argues these traits have typically made CDs feel "different" from others and a bit of an outsider even before they put on the dress (or in our case, trousers).

The bullet list doesn't do justice to the author's points about these traits, so please read the article first before answering the poll.

So what do you think? :undecided

OMG, Puer! All I can think is, who has been following me around an taking notes on me all my life?! :eek:

That's amazing! That article really opened my eyes. That's me - to a tee! Wow, I've never felt so understood and it's great to know that even though I've always felt I was alone in all this, I'm actually a part of a large group that would totally understand me. :)

I think I need to sit down now.

Thanks so much for posting that. I've learned so much in the short time I have been here already, and that one was the icing in the cake. :thumbsup:

Puer
09-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Glad to be of service, CaptLex!

Abraxas
09-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I was a bit surprised how accurate it was.

I've been wondering for a long time if there was some correlation of personalities or something among CD/TG people, and I guess this has answered that.

KrazyKat
09-30-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm not sure if I'd like to present as male in public all the time, but only wear frilly things when I'm hunting bear, and you know what I mean!
From BBc's brain test, and I know nothing is totally accurate, I score right down the middle. I've always felt like a loner, 'cause I can easily see both genders side of any debate. Usually not too popular at parties, cause I scare the men with my assertiveness to debate my issues, and I'm suppose to backddown when the women tell me I'm being pigheaded. Funny thing is, I'm never the one who raises my voice and they never listen to my words or meanings!

Wow, I don't feel so alone all of a sudden.

Kat
PS I live in a red neck industrial 4 county area.