PDA

View Full Version : Wigs

polo_shirt_fetish
09-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Hi. I was wondering is it possible to make my own wig ? One that would look real - i live in a small community so i can't go out and buy one and the nearest city is too expensive. So is there anyway to make my own wig ?

britney1
09-29-2005, 10:50 AM
INTERNET! It's great. I got mine from www.bestwigoutlet.com. It was on sale too!

Billijo49504
09-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Many choices on Ebay. Or do a google for wigs.

JoAnnDallas
09-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Best way is the Internet. Most wig places will ship in non-discript boxes, so no one will know what inside.

JoAnn

Julie York
09-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Well as everyone says, the internet is your best bet. But that isn't always possible if you live with other people etc.

As it is coming up to halloween, maybe you could get a 'party wig' pretty cheaply from the Big City. No-one would suspect and you could see for yourself which would be best for you. They are relatively cheap and if you buy a long straight one (like Mortica from Adams Family) you could cut it shorter to make it look more real...cut a fringe on it (bangs?) . It wouldn't stand up to daylight inspection but it would be fun for wearing at home.

Alternativelty....... :D

If you get a pack of spaghetti....and a swimming cap you can....(fades off into distance)........and then you take a knitting needle and..........

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Most wig places will ship in non-discript boxes, so no one will know what inside.

FYI, a big chunk of wig shops customers are GGs who've lost their hair -- and would be horrified if anyone found out -- so they're usually extremely discrete. Plus, many wig shops have TG customers, so they're generally cool with it.

The Halloween idea is a good one, even if you don't end up purchasing one, you'll get an idea of what style/color might look good.

Marla GG
09-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Alternativelty....... :D

If you get a pack of spaghetti....and a swimming cap you can....(fades off into distance)........and then you take a knitting needle and..........

Bad idea. Julie. Very bad. This could attract birds. Before you know it, you could have a full-blown Hitchcockian nightmare on your hands!

If you wait until Christmas time, you could use tinsel for a glam look. If you wait a little longer, say until Easter, you could get some of that fake grass they use to line the baskets. Hey, that would be really punky!

Seriously Polo.....buy it online, hon. You'll be glad you did.

Shy
09-29-2005, 08:03 PM
It is entirely possible to construct your own wig... then again it all depends on the look that you're going for. I've managed to create a gothic design - straight black, bangs flanked by two chin length strips of hair, then poofed out and teased like crazy in the back. It only took a 'China Girl' wig ($5-$10 at a costume store), and a bag of loose kanekalon hair ($2 at Wal-Mart), along with many other misc devices for attaching, gluing, etc.

Keep in mind, this wig is more DRAG than it is CD. Still, the results are awesome.