PDA

View Full Version : Felt like I was "cheating"

sandra-leigh
04-26-2011, 12:26 PM
This was four day weekend for me, and the other people who live with me were all away. It would have been a perfect opportunity to Dress Up and Go Out, or Dress Up and go out in public, or practice my makeup, or wear things I don't normally wear.

What I actually did, though, was:

* Friday: slept a lot (though it was in a pink female nightie that is too short for me to wear around the house normally). Didn't go outside at all.

* Saturday: got up late, wore one of my standard ambiguous tops and a plain-ish brown skirt because I couldn't be bothered finding anything nicer; went to my massage appointment that way; afterwards went to a cafe near work for lunch that way, then got a manicure with metallic pink polish; went to a store and tried on a skirt and jacket; went to a mall and bought some books and a little food; went home tired. I was thinking of going to bed after that, but an acquaintance nudged me in to going out to a drag show to help protect another acquaintance, so I changed in to a long red dress and went to that. The drag show didn't seem very interesting to me, and I got a headache from the thud of the music.

* Sunday: sat or layed around in my nightie, eventually put on the same top and brown skirt as the day before. Didn't go outside at all.

* Monday: got up late, sat around in my nightie more. Put on the brown skirt and a new top because I was expecting a delivery. Answered the door that way for the delivery. Didn't go outside at all.

Rest of the time through the long weekend: sleeping or reading or munching food or volunteering my time answering computer questions.

By Monday afternoon, I had a feeling of having been "cheating", "playing hookey" from my cross-dressing and transgendered progress. Yes, I know I was in female clothes the entire time, but instead of "working on" my dressing skills or taking the opportunity to go out in public, I was spending looong hours reformatting people's computer questions to be readable, correcting their spelling, working on some simultaneous equations, and so on. What I was wearing was more like being a slob around the house.

Guess it's time to get ready for the work week now (though I worked so long on the computer that I need a holiday from my holiday!). Only question now is whether I dare to wear this obvious polish at work...

TGMarla
04-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Shame on you. What would June Cleaver think? Ladies are expected to be completely dressed with high heels and pearls at all times.

Well, I never.....!

:tongueout

Jorja
04-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Pssssst Sandra-Leigh, it is ok to take a brake once in a while. Just be you. There is always another time to work on your dressing skills or taking the opportunity to go out in public. This isn't about how many hours you spend doing girly things. Its about what makes YOU feel like you.

t-girlxsophie
04-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Though I love getting dolled up even just sitting at home.there can be days you just cant be bothered with all the time and effort involved and slobbing around the house in girly joggies and femme tshirt can feel more appealing

Vickie_CDTV
04-26-2011, 02:38 PM
The nice thing about being a dresser is that we can express either side of ourselves as we wish. If you fell like dressing, that is ok. If you don't feel like dressing, that is ok too. No need to limit yourself to one or the other exclusively.

VioletJourney
04-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Hey, that's how GG's live their lives for the most part: wearing something comfy and doing mundane things.

the_me
04-26-2011, 03:47 PM
I wouldn't say you were "cheating" at all... some of us would even kill to have a relaxed weekend while even somewhat dressed up! I know I wish I could, but am always so busy on weekends and not fully out yet (although the end of your saturday sounded like my friday, although instead of ending with a headache I got a good-night kiss from a pretty cute guy! Hehe.). So no need to feel cheated or like a cheater for that matter! :<3:

StacyCD
04-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Definitely not cheating! Some times all I can wear is a bra and panties but it certainly is better than not wearing them!

docrobbysherry
04-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Sandra, after reading THIS post, u DEFINITELY need to get out!

And, go SHOPPING! One skirt for the entire weekend? NOT ALLOWED!