PDA

View Full Version : as dressing time increases?

Vanessac48
04-26-2011, 05:30 PM
I wanted to pose this to some here that may feel this way, or may not. I used to dress maybe once a week for an hour or two at best, sometimes once every 2 weeks, or even less. Not because I didn't want to, but because I couldn't. Now, I am dressed all almost all the time. My question is this? How many have been in this situation, where your dressing time increases significantly?

The question is this? Now that you dress more, doesn't it seem impossible to dress less at some point in the future?

I get so comfortable, I dread having to take my makeup off and put on the other clothes. I now feel the change so to speak. I could never dress for an hour or two ever again, in fact thinking back, I don't know how I did it? I almost feel I need to dress now, because for over a year I have. I thought after a year it would start to wear off. The exact opposite happened to me. If I have had my breast forms off for part of a day, I can't wait to feel them on me again, almost feel like they are part of my body, like a security blanket. My wig feels more like my own hair, than my own hair, and as much as at first I hated my hair getting in my face, now I miss it when it isn't. I also feel like I have such man hands when my nails aren't long and painted, I've gotten so used to my nails being colored or french manicured, when I take them off, I hate the feeling.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If I wasn't a woman before, I certainly am one now.

t-girlxsophie
04-26-2011, 05:49 PM
I dress most days now and love it so much and it makes me happy,and there is a horrible feeling getting back into Drab,but I get over it because I am going out providing for my Family and I also promised my Wife I would devote enough time to my male side also.Her love and 100% acceptance of my dressing is something I have vowed never to take for granted she loves seeing me dressed so much too.Dressing is always just a day,or two away usually and that is hardly going to have me suffering from withdrawal symptoms

As much as I adore being femme there is no chance of me Transitioning,my life as a Crossdresser is perfect and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Sophie

Danni Renee
04-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Vanessa - I feel the exact same as you. I get to dress every day now, after work and every weekend. For me, it is not even a second thought. I underdress for work every day (bra and panties). I come in, shower and put on my female clothes just like I used to put on my male clothes. Most of the time at this point it is casual clothes, not even makeup during the week. But for me it just feels natural and right to dress as a girl. On weekends, I am in a position where I cannot go out dressed or I would. So I do all of my grocery shopping and excursions on Fridays so that I can stay dressed all day Saturday and Sunday.

Like you, I started out with no more than two hours at a time to be dressed enfemme and even that was only once every two weeks because I was afraid of getting caught. Then after I told my SO I was able to drastically increase my time dressed and I have taken full advantage of it. ANd I am so lucky - my SO is so accepting she is actually disappointed if I am not dressed. It just feels good.

TGMarla
04-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Yes, I do think about this from time to time. What's going to happen one day when my wife and I retire, and she's at home most of the time. It's gonna drive me nuts!

StacyCD
04-26-2011, 09:03 PM
I certainly can't dress all the time at home but I sleep dressed every night so considering where I started, this is AMAZING! I would like to be able to spend several days in a row dressed but that may still be far in the future. But I know what you mean when you feel sad about putting away the 'girls.'

docrobbysherry
04-26-2011, 09:20 PM
To each their own, Vanessa!

I went BERZERK! Dressing at every opportunity after I came out of the closet and discovered this site 4 years ago!
Then, I went in the tank and didn't want to dress for 3+ months!

Since then, I've come to a pleasant, "dress a couple of times a month", compromise! Unless I'm at DLV or SCC! After one of those, "dress every day", events, I can skip dressing for about a month!

Dress up all the time? NOT A CHANCE! WAY too much work!

Maria 60
04-26-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't have much time to dress during the week, before i joined this forum i was able to half dress. Now i cant dress without my wig or lip stick on. I now need more time to dress and now i can't half dress anymore, Maria is not Maria if she is not complete with all the bells and whistles. Before i joined this site i never even owned a wig, now i have my own make up and jewelery and takes much more time to dress. So if i have a few hours alone, its not enough anymore.

AKAMichelle
04-26-2011, 09:45 PM
I don't know that the words you are a woman now is correct, but I do understand how you feel. I dress almost all the time. I have worn the breast forms for so long that I almost feel naked when I don't have them on. It makes almost hate the male times.

Kathy4ever
04-27-2011, 04:29 AM
I can only wish to dress more. I do wear a night gown or night shirt to bed every night. I can only dream it would be a silk cami. Wife is still not open to that idea.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
04-27-2011, 05:31 AM
Yo girl, understand you. Its like a smile on the dial when I come home and its Yay, girl time. Then when its going to work in the morning, Yuk male mode. The bottom lip pops out and droops, the hair goes into hidey mode and the yobbo reveals itself to the world. Gosh I hate it, but at least I can see the sun set in the evening and rise in the morning dressed as a female. What I find irritating now is there are some absolutely gorgeous ladies who know how to wear some incredible clothes and also know how to display them, trouble is I drool over their dress sense, damn I love their taste in clothes, wishing I could walk down the street in similar attire and command the street as mine.

deebra
04-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Wheather you "now" know it or not, you have beome a crossdresser for life, IT AIN'T GOING AWAY and THERE AIN'T NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. It brings a lot of pleasure and hurts no one. It's just progression as you grow and want to dress and stay in fem more and more as you enjoy this new world. You are blessed for this to have happened to you, think of all the others including women that don't enjoy the wonderful feeling we get when we dress. You use to be just a male, now you can be two people and experience the joys of both sexes whwnever you want to. Now go shopping and buy yourself a new pair of sexy, pretty panties as a reward for this discovery.

il.dso
04-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Yes, I have definitely experienced this phenomenon, especially into my late 40s and 50s.
Wow, I just want to crossdress everyday!
Such a pleasure, indeed.

RenneB
04-27-2011, 10:25 AM
I am right there with you girl. My time has grown from once a month for about an hour, when I had a job, to now I'm dressed in the comfy clothes from 9-2 M-F without a job. I dread looking at the clock as the carriage will turn into a pumpkin at 2:30 when the biological replacements get home from school. I try to enjoy every minute en fem and practice on the makeup whenever I can. Take few pics when I feel I have the outfit just right and then, bang, it's time to go back to the non-comfy clothes.

Nails are a real treat. I usually glue them on once or twice a week. The recovery time, that it to take them off and remove all signs of glue takes the most time. The routine to get dressed in heels, makeup, clothes is now down to about 35 mintues. The dress down stage is 10 minutes, clothes off, packed away and hidden from view. A quick shower to remove all traces of Renne and I'm ready to face the other world in about 25 minutes from start to finish.

Yes, it's sad to go drab, but I look forward to the next day and start to plan my outfit, makeup, shoes, etc. in my head and it feels a little better.

Renne.....

wearingtanpantyhose
04-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Since I started working from home, my dressing time has increased dramatically. Though I love getting fully dressed with wig, makeup, nails and jewelry, I often just slip on a t-shirt and denim skirt, usually with pantyhose. If I have to go out in male mode, I just swap the skirt for some jeans and off I go. Sometimes, all I have on that feminine is a pretty pair of panties. Others like today, I prefer a nice dress and heels.

Stephanie47
04-27-2011, 03:26 PM
When I retired three years ago my en femme time increased dramatically. I went from whenever I could grab an hour or two to being en femme from 8:30AM-3:00PM. My computer time perusing and buying feminine attire on eBay and elsewhere has also increased dramatically. Thankfully I am the person at home when mail delivery occurs. The only problem I am encountering currently is to "Where the heck am I going to put all my dresses and proper undergarments?"

When I was able to dress only for an hour whenever I could grab some time, I was edgy and irritable. Now, since I can get my fill of being en femme, I sometimes look forward to my boy mode. The summer is tough sometimes because my wife is home. However, I know when school resumes it's back to being Stephanie. I'm in the same situation as Marla. What the heck is going to happen when my wife retires in ten years?

katesometimes
04-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Call me an exception here, but I'm quite happy getting fully dressed only occasionally. More frequently, I like to lounge about in a skirt or maybe a pair of shoes only. I love my guy life too much to give up much of it for my girl life, but my girl life is a part of me and wants to come out every so often. I've come to terms with that and am quite happy with the life I have.

Raychel
05-01-2011, 07:43 AM
I am the same, I used to be totally content with just an hour a week. Now it seems like when ever I am not at work, I wish to be dressed. This is very difficult on me. We have kids and it is not always an option. So I have to settle for just a couple of hours on the weekend.

Vanessac48
05-01-2011, 12:55 PM
my SO is so accepting she is actually disappointed if I am not dressed. It just feels good.

It makesit so much better when the SO or wife loes you dressed. My wife loves me dressed now, which is a quantum leap from just over a year ago. She says I am so much more understanding, kinder, and communicate so much better to her. She is right I feel it. I never really knew how stressed out I was until I started dressing full time. Then on the few occasions I can't be dressed, I really feel it! So now I know. My wife tells me how lucky I am I found a FREE outlet to rid the stress, my clothes,heels and makeup are my medication:)

jenniferoonus
05-01-2011, 03:55 PM
I have reached the point where I must dress in order to meet my friends during the weekdays. I retired very early, call me lucky (:, and during the last 5 years I have been going out as Janet for various activities. All my friends only know me as Janet, a GG. So if I want to continue meeting them which I like it very much, I must go out as Janet.