PDA

View Full Version : My scheme to "difference between a cross dresser and a transvestite and ..."

Fiona Prigent
04-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Hello, I try to creat a good scheme to explain the difference ... yes i have try to find and inspirated with the Thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?146524-What-is-the-difference-between-a-cross-dresser-and-a-transvestite).

Thank you to explain clearly what I got wrong ^^

http://www.univers-web.com/alice/exemple.jpg

Avana
04-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Hello, I try to creat a good scheme to explain the difference ... yes i have try to find and inspirated with the Thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?146524-What-is-the-difference-between-a-cross-dresser-and-a-transvestite).

Thank you to explain clearly what I got wrong ^^

i take it the 'heart' bubble means 'sexuality', in that case any one of these people can be any sexuality, that could be 'likes men only', 'likes women only', 'likes both men and women to some degree', 'likes men and X type of transsexual', 'likes crossdressers and f2m transsexuals', 'likes intersex people', etc, etc. across the board.

so i'd just remove the heart bubble. sexuality is irrelevant to gender ID.

ReineD
04-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Hmmm. I always took it that the terms "transvestite" and "crossdresser" were interchangeable. The former is used more overseas, and the latter is more popular in the US?

For the drag queen, I would have had a blue "inner" without the dress, with the pink dress "outer". But then maybe there are drag queens who are TS?

I like your graphics. But, I think you need more boxes. :D

Vickie_CDTV
04-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Since CD and TV are interchangable, the first applies to both. There is a gender scale used in the UK "Watson Gender Scale"? that actually says something similar, from a continuum from completely cisgendered to "high intensity TS" (minus the DQ category.) They also throw in OTV, RTV, FTV (occasional TV, regularly dressing TV, and fulltime TV like Virginia Prince's "transgenderist" category to specify different levels of TV activity.)

Most DQs are gay men who only dress to perform. Some may be TS but in general they are gay male performers, not TV/TS.

t-girlxsophie
04-27-2011, 03:04 PM
May I be the first to say WHAT!! ill have a drink of whatever your drinking:D but seriously if ppl call me a transvestite or they call me a crossdresser i honestly dont care either way.as far as im concerned they are both valid to me,nothing to see here

Valerie1973
04-27-2011, 03:11 PM
We are who we are. These labels are only what the world labels us. I'm Valerie. Gender bending. Trans/something gender queer is the last one I herd. It's like being in a secret society. We don't wear cloaks and meet in underground dungeons. But I like the neet symbols. Peace:D

Kelly DeWinter
04-27-2011, 03:15 PM
I think the art is cute. Well done !

Areyan
04-27-2011, 03:27 PM
i think it's great too, but a little confusing. i also would have put the DQ into a blue body under the pink dress, they're not really TG folks after all. i also found the love-heart bubbles - sexuality? to be a misnomer... gender identity is not really about sexual orientation and none of those sexualities could be a fixed image if wanting to reflect diversity in orientation. very cool though, interesting concept.

Jeanna
04-27-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm confused. The ones with a penis have blue boxes and the one with no penis doesn't have a box. Or is that one pink and I can't see it?

sissystephanie
04-27-2011, 04:39 PM
I have said it before, but apparently it needs saying again! A Crossdresser dresses because they like to wear the clothing of the opposite sex! A Transvestite, who are mostly male, dresses because they want to be sexually active as females rather than their normale male self! This is true whether in the U.S.A. or anywhere overseas. There is a vast difference between a normal Crossdresser and a Transvestite!! As a Crossdresser for well over 60 years, I have studied almost all the available information!

Other than that, the art work is pretty good!!

t-girlxsophie
04-27-2011, 05:28 PM
I have said it before, but apparently it needs saying again! A Crossdresser dresses because they like to wear the clothing of the opposite sex! A Transvestite, who are mostly male, dresses because they want to be sexually active as females rather than their normale male self! This is true whether in the U.S.A. or anywhere overseas. There is a vast difference between a normal Crossdresser and a Transvestite!! As a Crossdresser for well over 60 years, I have studied almost all the available information!

Sorry Stephanie I respect you a great deal but i cant agree with you on this one.Definitions are open to misinterpretation since I was young I always considered myself a transvestite and through to the first time I ventured out to a local group-Crosslynx TV/TS Support group (official title).and I never saw anyone indulge in anything sexual-It wasnt till I came on this site I found out considering myself a transvestite brought horror to ppl.so I stand by my original opinion lets not get bogged down by definitions,sorry Stephanie

ReineD
04-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Stephanie, what about the crossdressers who also want to be sexually active as females? :)

Or the transvestites who don't want to be sexually active at all? :D

You just need to know these are your own personal definitions, but they aren't universally accepted.

Click on sections 2.2 & 2.3 here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender

And even then, there will be people who will refuse to accept these definitions, just like so many people in this forum disagree on the meaning of transgender vs. transsexual.

Kaz
04-27-2011, 05:48 PM
I took it that the heart was "I wish for.. in my heart I am.." as compared to logic.. "this is how I think"? Kind of left brain/right brain?

So I liked the imagery!

the problem I have is with the terminology as literally translated transvestite means the same as CD... but the more important point is that you have raised some potentially significant "shades" on the continuum. These need to be explored further....

Kelly DeWinter
04-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Sorry Stephine, I doubt is you will get many who agree with you, and as far as your studies, over 60 years is a long time. And in this community, the only constand is change . :)

Fiona Prigent
04-27-2011, 06:34 PM
For Avana : I have kill the heart bubule for u ^^)v

For ReineD and Vickie_CDTV :
http://www.univers-web.com/alice/exemple2.jpg

For sissystephanie
http://www.univers-web.com/alice/exemple3.jpg

IngeInCO
04-27-2011, 06:35 PM
I agree cd=tv but why worry anyway

Fiona Prigent
04-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Simple :
http://www.univers-web.com/alice/exemple4.jpg

kendra_gurl
04-27-2011, 07:24 PM
I think the term transvestite is just a derogatory term for crossdressing and I personally do not like it

Kelly DeWinter
04-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Simple :
http://www.univers-web.com/alice/exemple4.jpg

I'm sorry it's a fashion faux pax to wear pink before May 15th if you are a Smurf.

sissystephanie
04-27-2011, 09:53 PM
The definitions that I used came from Psychiatrists and Pyschologists whose works I have studied over those 60 years. And please don't ask me to list them all! I am too old for that! Yes, times have changed but not the definitions. TgirlSophie, you most likely considered yourself a transvestite when you were young simply because you did not about crossdressers!

All that said, the main point is that we are all people!! We don't really need labels of any kind, other than being a person. I know what I am, so I guess you can call me whatever you want. I just won't pay any attention to you!!

docrobbysherry
04-27-2011, 10:41 PM
"Pink" and "blue" for male and female? How TRITE!

I would have preferred the gender characters in the color they ACTUALLY R! Shades of GREY!