PDA

View Full Version : Transitioning into panties fulltime...

tiffanyjo89
04-27-2011, 04:07 PM
I am strongly considering adopting the "24/7 panty wearer" status...and would like to know how others did it.

Did any of y'all who are fulltime panty wearers do it cold turkey, where one day you just tossed out all your guy underwear and went to panties without looking back? Or did you do it slowly?

I am, for the moment, going to be wearing panties during the day and guy underwear to bed at night...until I get some panties that are comfortable to sleep in. I am wearing Hanes size 5 cotton string bikinis with no tucking and they fit better than any tighty whities or boxer briefs I ever wore...I don't have as much of a problem with wedgies and leg ride-up, and the lower rise feel actually feels more comfortable under my pants (even guys underwear shows above my jeans).

StaceyJane
04-27-2011, 04:09 PM
I just bought a package of panties and started wearing them. I haven't looked back since.

joandher
04-27-2011, 04:40 PM
I Wear full undies 24/7, bra,cami,panties, hold ups when its chilly,and panties and a silk nighty in bed, i only own one tee shirt and one pair of male underpants, ( wife says so ) just in case i have to go to hospital,I fail to see your problem, go and wear them when you want.

Hugs J-JAY

sissystephanie
04-27-2011, 04:45 PM
I do own somemale underwear, but rarely wear it! I wear panties almost 24/7, unless I am attending a full family affair! Even though my dear wife has passed on, I still adher to her rule that I do not dress enfemme around the whole family! But I do much prefer to wear my silk or satin panties!!

Danni Renee
04-27-2011, 04:53 PM
I went from pretty much cold turkey to every day - it was my first step in going further. I have not thrown out any of my male underwear yet (primarily for work realted reasons) but they are collecting dust!

RADER
04-27-2011, 04:59 PM
I put on a pair, and that was that. 24/7. Went rite away and ordered 10 pair, in
4 different colors. White, pink, lilac, beige. Love them all. O'Yes I still keep a couple
pair of my old Hains for those Doctor Visits. I have not come that far out of the closet yet. LOL
Rader

Wendy_Marie
04-27-2011, 05:17 PM
I started a thread titled "Reverse Purging " on this exact thing a few weeks ago. I did literally throw out all my male under wear and began wearing my panties full time. Now prior to that I had frequently under dressed but always kept male under wear around for those just in case moments...No longer as I have commited to my girly under things full time and with no regrets.

StacyCD
04-27-2011, 05:52 PM
I did the "cold turkey" approach and just started wearing panties 24/7. I haven't worn male undies for several years now and I don't know why I didn't do it sooner! Just like piercing my ears!

Kaz
04-27-2011, 05:57 PM
I don't see the problem... I wear what I want to wear when I want to wear it... horses for courses and all that... I don't do rules...

Kelly DeWinter
04-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Well the 'official' TG manual states that for this type of transition you need the following:
. A working study funded by the government.
. An environental impact study along with the appropriate federal, state and local govments signed off.
. A cost benefit analisys.
. A extended trial study with subsequent followup reports.
. Optional pair of panties

Cheryl T
04-27-2011, 06:22 PM
I just put on my panties and tossed the male underwear away (they were ratty anyway...lol).
I saved one pair of male undies for those Dr visits and such, just in case.

Kaz
04-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Kelly has a point... we could also do an academic full on study... we would need funding... so get your creative hats on! I am a little at a loss though... guy underwear at night? Maybe it is just me... je ne comprehend pas!

IngeInCO
04-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Wear what feels good! I have a drawer full of male undies as well, hmmm haven't gone there for a while lol!

Veronica 1
04-27-2011, 06:45 PM
After wearing my panties 24/7 I just tossed all my male uckies away. I have a pair of blue bikinis that I wear to the doctor as I don't think that he would appreciate my thongs and G-strings.

bobbie anne
04-27-2011, 06:59 PM
used to wear panties once in a while. one day just started wearing them to work and now wear them every day, no looking back

prettytoes
04-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Believe it or not...Got to K Mart and get a 4 pack of Joe Boxer satin string bikini panties...you will thank me later, and you will never want to wear those damn "man drawers" again! You will also be going back to buy more. They are inexpensive, super comfortable, silky, shiny and ultra girly! They don't bunch, ride up, or wedge where they shouldn't. And they feel awesome under a pair of jeans in male mode! And when your SO runs her hands across them...Look out!

LIKETODRESS2
04-27-2011, 07:47 PM
I thik the last time i wore male panties was last summer when i was working on my roof and my neighbors were helpng me before that i bet its been 2 years

Eryn
04-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Hmmm, I bought a few bikini panties and put them in the underwear drawer. The next morning I opened the drawer and was confronted with the decision of whether I wanted to wear the nice smooth bikinis or the coarse mens' briefs. It was a no-brainer. Same choice the next day, and the next...

Since then I (and my lovely wife) have bought me more panties of the hip-hugger and bikini variety. I think that the men's briefs are in the drawer somewhere but I haven't seen them in quite a while! :)

Emma Jean
04-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Just started wearing panties 24/7. I don't own any mens undies any longer, only thongs and bikinis.

pantynhoseman
04-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Like Nike says"just do it". I underdress every day and even wear my pantyhose under my shorts and no one says a thing.

kathie225
04-27-2011, 09:29 PM
I too decided it was time approximately 27years ago to be a full time panty wearer. I have one pair of men's underwear (bought at Fredericks of Hollywood; it's sans a cotton liner) for annual doctor's visits, but I haven't worn them in over 5 years.

sandra-leigh
04-27-2011, 09:50 PM
For me, it was something close to starting out by wearing the panties as often as I thought I could get away with it. But there was a while when I had men's underwear that looked very much the same, and I would wear those more obviously so my wife would get accustomed to seeing the shape and cut on me; I mixed real panties in more and more often until my wife couldn't tell the difference, and then I switched to panties full time.

Yes, in those days I was hiding things from my wife.

Now, of course when I first started wearing panties it was very daring and correspondingly "exciting", and yes I would worry about "getting caught" by people at work or having my panties noticed by the person in the next washroom stall over (where the partitions allowed one to see near floor level of the next stall); or I would worry that my panties might be visible to someone outside the stall when I was sitting in the stall. So it was not the case that I didn't wear panties in public and then one day I suddenly changed over and wore them as often as possible: unless you are exceptionally blase' then it will take time to build up your nerve. Like how are you going to handle the first time you have to change in a common area, or the first time you go to an appointment where your panties might end up being seen (e.g., medical or massage) ? You probably won't have the confidence to go full time "I don't care what the guys on the team think" right off the bat. Going to places where there is a chance of being observed by someone looking the right way at the right time is different than going to places where being observed is more probable than not.

VS Fan
04-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Ditto here... I have a few pairs of boxers in the drawer, but otherwise it's all panties for me... some of them are less "girly" than others so they can go in the usual laundry without comment from the wife but honestly I don't think she cares anyway.

Jess Marie
04-27-2011, 10:14 PM
I put on a pair of panties, the next morning I didn't even habitually reach for my guy underwear, my mind went right to panties, and its been that way ever since.

tiffanyjo89
04-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Well, I'm completing day one. I checked prices and found a 6 pack of Hanes panties is a couple bucks less than a 4 pack of Hanes/FTL boxer briefs. I think the math speaks for itself and the comfort does too...its the first day in a while I haven't felt the urge to pick wedgies.

I am almost at 85% sure I will continue this "experiment."

For reference here is what I'm wearing: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hanes-Women-s-Assorted-Cotton-String-Bikini-Panties-6-Pack/8399811

ColleenCD
04-27-2011, 10:24 PM
About ten years ago I told my wife I wanted to wear panties full time. She consented and I keep a couple of pairs of male underwear for emergencies. I had to go to the ER back in February, and sure enough, I was in a pair of lace top Hi-cuts. So much for emergencies :)

Colleen

juliew
04-27-2011, 10:47 PM
I yam what I yam and I wear what I want to wear. My wife buys all of our underwear. Some of it is lacy,silky, etc. , some is plain jane cotton and a few pair I suspect may have come from the men's department. Not all men's underwear is Tighty Whitey today. Maybe my situation is because I am very confortable and secure with myself...or it could be that have I lived this way so long that I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks. :-)

Juliew

Jeannie
04-27-2011, 10:57 PM
There are days I wear panties all day, like today then days where I weaer guy stuff. I do like to sleep in panties because they don't bunch in the crotch and they just feel good. I usually wear hi cotton briefs they breath more and are more comfortable for me.

Jennie

Emjay
04-27-2011, 11:30 PM
I pretty much just went for it too...

I do have to wear mens underwear to work as I change in a locker room into work clothes. It was nervewracking enough with shaved legs, thankfully no one has noticed or if they did they haven't said anything!

I suppose I could just wear work clothes home, but they get pretty nasty at work and if I leave them there they wash them for me.... Less laundry = good! :)

Otherwise, as soon as I get home, it's get in the shower, clean up, and back into the bikinis!

tiffanyjo89
04-28-2011, 04:14 AM
Well, wound up sleeping in the same pair of panties I had worn all day. I'm such a guy sometimes, even if I am wearing women's underwear...

deebra
04-28-2011, 06:37 AM
Cotton is for comfort, wear something silky, sexy, nylon, colorful, with some lace, skimpy cut; just like the girls do, thats why you see them so happy and smiling and laughing so much.

kristinacd55
04-28-2011, 06:42 AM
I found panties that were comfy on me all the time (had to be lace trimmed!) and started a couple years back full time. I wear these bali's and love them. Only time I don't wear them is when I'm going to be around my male buddies a couple times a year.

DAVIDA
04-28-2011, 06:47 AM
I don't remember if it was cold or hot.:heehee:
It has been so long since I had a pair of men's undies.
There isn't room in my undie drawer for anything male.

I have been to the ER, checked into the hospital, and to several Dr's for visits all while wearing panties.:o
Believe me, nobody cares.:D

linda allen
04-28-2011, 08:33 AM
I missed my chance to start. We were away and I ran out of briefs. My wife said "you could wear a pair of mine." Well, that was my chance to start but I blew it. Wore the ones from the day before.

If I had taken her up on the offer, I could have commented her on how nice they felt and asked her to buy me some.

kimdl93
04-28-2011, 08:40 AM
I made that decison about 10 years ago. My wife was cool with it, so I banished guy underwear from my wardrobe and started buying a variety of panties, thongs and g-strings. I even wear them to the gym (both cotton thongs and cotton string bikinis) without raising too many eyebrows.

suchacutie
04-28-2011, 09:40 AM
It was simple, really. We were online buying panties for my wife. I was already wearing men's thongs and bikinis because I'm prone to skin rash and dryness "in that area" is essential. I started to playfully complain that her panties looked like mine but mine cose twice as much. Talk about no-brainers! I throw out underwear as they wear out, and slowly the "male" ones are taking up less and less space.

Meanwhile, there are some incredibly soft and wonderful male bikinis and thongs available. The biggest problem is the incredible cost.

tina

tiffanyjo89
04-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Well, as I mentioned earlier...I did go to Kmart and bought six pack of Hanes cotton string bikinis. I am on my first pair still (first full day). I am looking at a transitional approach (replace mens cotton undies for womens and eventually add satin and other more exotic stuff).

To be fair, my sister doesn't wear satin or silk, and she's typical of the girls around my age (18 - 25 age group).

Indie Femme
04-28-2011, 10:37 AM
I'd wear panties full time if I could! I did the Hanes g-string style for a while but they seemed to wear out quickly. Guess you do get what you pay for though. Now i just wear boxers. They feel like I am not wearing anything at all, which is better than feeling like I am wearing boy-undies!

Vivian Best
04-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I've worn panties 24/7 for close to 10 years. I have one or two pair of briefs for annual doctors appointment. After reading some of the threads about going to the doctor wearing panties I may get rid of those!

Deanna B
04-28-2011, 11:58 AM
hi i did it a bit at a time . i brought comfortable panties and then try a different types trying to finded some really comfortable panties . i've got lots and lots of them and love them all . oyes 1 pair of boxers if i got to see the DR .love deanna b xx

Casey
04-28-2011, 12:10 PM
I was wearinbg panties only when I thought I could get away with it until my wife caught me. All I had to do was explain how much more comfortable the panties were than my old boxer breifs, and she agreed to let me go 24/7. My only regret is that I didn't get caught sooner. :)

april_lynn
04-28-2011, 12:16 PM
I switched over a couple of months ago, first wesring panties under guys boxers b/c my work clothes are thin. However after about a week or two I jumped in with only panties and love how they felt without the boxers covering them up. I still don't wear thongs or string bikinis to work but I do when I am not at work. I prefer a wide variety of styles and fabrics and pick out whatever suits my mood that day. Soon though I will have to start changing at work so I'm not sure what I will do, but there is no way I am giving up my panties. They just help me feel grounded and feminine all day!

April

valerie_vanesse
04-28-2011, 12:30 PM
I started many years ago buying single pairs of panties. Only wore them when I fully dressed. All of a sudden I realised I had about 15 pair, some a little worn out, but I was going to buy some BVD tightie whities and I just said no, I like my panties, did not like my icky men's briefs so I bought a couple of 3 pack panties(Thong and bikini) and haven't worn mens under crap in 15 years.

Raynefall
04-28-2011, 12:33 PM
I wish I could! But until my gf knows it just won't be possible. I am envious.

PinkLover
04-28-2011, 04:47 PM
havent gone 24/7 yet but i will ... after i get myself lots of new panties ... and why bother using male brief anyway ? panties is way comfortable !

ziggie
04-28-2011, 05:56 PM
I've worn panties for years, but have typically stuck to cotton bikini style that, except on close inspection, could pass for men's . A couple of months ago I mentioned to my wife that I'd like to switch to something more feminine. She said sure. I switched. I haven't really chosen a "style" yet, but like things that are colorful and have at least a touch of lace.

rachael ann
04-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Started wearing panties about six months ago. Don't think i'll ever go back to boxers.

jackielou
04-28-2011, 07:56 PM
panties and bra 24/7 for me panties are to comfortable to go back to mens underware

EricaCD
04-28-2011, 08:38 PM
... Why 24/7?

How do you shower or bathe? Do you not swim?

23.5/7 most days I could see, with the occasional 20/7 or whatever.

24/7 sounds more like an endurance test than a lifestyle choice :P

It's perfectly ok to say "I've decided to always wear women's undies." No need to couch it in language that sounds more suited to software up-time.

As far as "transitioning" to it? If you'd rather, wear them! Lord knows there are plenty of positive experiences here to suggest that the world won't disintegrate if you happen to be wearing a thong at an inopportune time. OTOH, if there are times when you'd be more comfortable (physically, aesthetically or socially) wearing men's underwear then keep a pair or two for those days.

It just doesn't have to be a complex discussion.

OK, back into lurking (and no, I'm not gonna tell you in what undies).

Susan G
04-28-2011, 10:07 PM
I went Full Time Panties. It was a thrill to take a pair of scissors, and cut the Male Underwear up the side, and completely destroy them. This was a strong statement to myself that I am Truely committed to be a Crossdressor, something I fully enjoy. My MD is fully aware of my status, and after coming out to her, that stress is gone about visits. It is a way for yourself to accept yourself as to who you are. Enjoy the trip!!!!!!

andrea69j
04-28-2011, 10:48 PM
I am transitioning slowly. As the old ones wear out, I replace with panties. I'm probably about 2 months away. I just couldn't swing buying a boat load of panties, and then going though the 'these don't feel right' I tried hipsters, but they slide down my backside when I walk. Interesting feeling.

CaitlynRenee
04-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Interesting........ Not 24/7 or any combination of specific hours of wear but I DO prefer the Hanes microfiber briefs. Unfortunately, Hanes no longer makes them so I'll have to look for an alternative as these wear out. Right now I have about 12pairs. Yeah, I've wondered too. Why are panties plural and a bra singular?? Go figure.

When I started to wear panties more frequently, it was for what I percieve as a legitimate reason (besides the fact that they're just so darn soft). I'd had a serious leg injury years ago that almost resulted in my loosing my right leg. The torn muscles in the upper thigh caused an incredibly weak leg and loss of some of the muscles that help support the groin area. My groin is in severe pain unless supported firmly if I spend any appreciable amount of time on my feet. Surprisingly, my doctor said that there were no prosthetic briefs on the market that would give me the kind of support I needed. He then chuckled and coughed and said that if I could bring myself to do it, womens panties (yep, he said 'panties' and not underwear) in one size smaller, might help. Looking nervously at my SO, he said, "That is if your wife doesn't mind". Well, she didn't and I certainly didn't so a shopping trip was assured. I ended up with my first very openly purchased three pair pack of soft comfortable panties. I like the microfiber style because of the fact that the fabric doesn't chafe my skin.

Now I also have some jockey 'pouch' that are in an incredibly soft nylon tricot. Fits well, feels good............... except for the waistband. Damn how I hate those wide hard elastic bands. Most of my nightgowns are Shadowline or Miss Elaine but there are two Vanity Fair. I prefer the material to be the same in whatever I'm wearing at the time.

tiffanyjo89
04-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I've wondered too. Why are panties plural and a bra singular?? Go figure..

Why are pants plural and a shirt singular? It's crazy I know...

That's bad about what happened to your leg though...good thing you have a supportive wife (and supportive panties...lol).

Bob Roe
04-29-2011, 07:40 PM
I wear panties all the time and sleep in a red nightgown. Quite comfortable.

Terricd48
04-29-2011, 08:23 PM
I have two drawers full of panties so I have to wear mine all the time.Can't remember the last time i wore male undies but I do keep some for my Dr's appointment or just go commando.

If it feels good I say wear it. Terri:heehee:

cassandra.932
04-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Tiffany,

Go for it! What are you waiting for? If not for my wife, there would not be any guy underwear in my warddrobe. As you mentioned, there are so many variety that I am sure you can find more one for every time of the day. Guy's underwear are so boring.

Sarah V
05-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Just go for it...cold turkey!

Charise52
05-02-2011, 06:26 AM
I wear camis and panties 24/7, and my GG Girl friends have not minded at all... I have noticed that they hate to wear bras, and i tend to agree with them... yet there is a new bra on the late night TV infomercials that may be awesome... we shall see...

Steph.TS
05-02-2011, 07:31 AM
I only wear women's underwear now, except if I have to see a doctor or something then I'll put on a pair of male briefs. it wasn't that difficult, over a few months I bought a nice collection of panties, and I now am set to wear panties just like a woman. I now mainly wear shapewear panties to help with tucking, but that's just personal preference.

joannL
05-02-2011, 08:46 AM
I wear silk high cut panties 24/7. Much more comfortable than mens underware. My stepdaughter was folding my cloths the other day and asked my wife why her panties were in with my cloths and they appear to be to big for her. The wife told her that they were mine and she said to each his own. I'am very comfortable knowing she's awear that I wear panties. Maybe she will ask me to dress up for her someday, I would love to.