PDA

View Full Version : Contrasts

betty1253
04-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Did you ever notice the contrasts in your life between Him and Her?
At Work: Steel Toe Boots
At Home: 3" high heels
At Work: Yellow hard hat
At Home: Pink rollers
At Work: Grease under fingernails
At Home: Nail polish on the fingernails

Just a thought,
Betty

Emjay
04-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Sounds like your occupation is very similar to mine!

Steel Toe Boots.... check!
Grease.... everywhere.... check!
don't have to wear a hardhat too often though thankfully... :)

Now if only I can figure out how to keep from having to wear my regular (mens) underwear at work.... I have to change in a locker room and I'm still getting used to smooth legs while changing.... so far so good though, the first time I thought everyone would immediately notice and freak out.... No one has said a word!

AKAMichelle
04-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Since I work out of my house, I just don't see any contrasts.

Chickhe
04-28-2011, 12:12 AM
not so much occupation related, but damn...I hate breaking a nail when doing some house chore that I have to do just because...

Samantha W
04-28-2011, 01:21 AM
Cool post Betty,

I am both a Landlord and work in heavy industry. (Paper Mill) Here are a few more...

Work Safety Glasses
Home Gucci Sunglasses

Work Cotton and Denim
Home Silk and Spandex

Work Blues and Brown
Home Pinks, Fuchsia and White

Work Wrench or Hammer
Home Makeup Brush or Lipstick

Samantha

Teddie
04-28-2011, 04:06 AM
Work: Nomex uniform, and sometimes boots, bunker pants, fire coat, gloves, helmet, nomex hood
Home: Panties, bra, blouse, and skirt

Work: Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (sometimes)
Home: makeup

Work: macho guy
Home: me

noeleena
04-28-2011, 05:23 AM
Hi,

A woman who does mens work as well as womans no difference.

all womens clothes just one difference, when, hard out walking = army boots.& with our female dog ,

...noeleena...

Kate Simmons
04-28-2011, 07:25 AM
I've worked with women who have done all of that also.:)

docrobbysherry
04-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Ok, here's one.

Guy at work all day: Loose, comfortable clothes. Ah! Relaxing!

Girl at home at nite: Tite clothes, tite tuck, restrictive foundations, painful shoes. Wow! Exciting!

suchacutie
04-28-2011, 09:52 AM
It's not just work but the whole outlook. We decided from the start to keep the gendered lives separate, and are they ever separate!!!

Him: old clothes covered in dirt and grease
Her: everything perfectly in place, not a bit of stain anywhere

Him: sunblock and hat (in which he looks totally rediculous!)
Her: blonde pageboy and fabulous makeup

Him: chainsaw, tractor, spade, pitchfork
Her: feather duster (that's about as close to dirt as she gets!), mascara wand, makeup brush, nail polish brush.

Him: beer, boubon, G&T
Her: white wine, G&T with a splash of cran-raspberry (well, they almost overlap there!), Baileys

Him: frankly, messy
Her: completely fastidious!

And that's the point, really...these two sides of us coexist and allow us to be wide-ranging creative people, empathetic, and knowledgable. It's no wonder none of us can really ever put this life aside!

tina

betty1253
04-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Now if only I can figure out how to keep from having to wear my regular (mens) underwear at work.... I have to change in a locker room and I'm still getting used to smooth legs while changing.... so far so good though, the first time I thought everyone would immediately notice and freak out.... No one has said a word!

I've been shaving my legs for some time and also change in a locker room. For some amazing reason no one notices. It's great, isn't it?

Suzette Muguet de Mai
04-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Giggles.... Him: swear, Burp, Flatulent,Rub crotch
Her: minds the Ps and Qs, Controls air :), Rub the nose with face powder

Him: Heavy Rock music, Head banging distortion laid on music
Her: Classical, Melodious, maybe even a touch of Barry Manilow

Him: Baggie Boardies, slipons and torn T-Shirt
Her: Light summer dress, wedges, light cardigan

Him and Her: computers, office, design, art, Science and Engineering
One damn body, heavily drenched in Testosterone.

Emjay
04-28-2011, 03:38 PM
I've been shaving my legs for some time and also change in a locker room. For some amazing reason no one notices. It's great, isn't it?

I know right? I thought for sure I would be laughed out of the place.... I was soo nervous that first day, but so far.... nothing! Keep on not noticing guys! They probably would notice pink bikinis though... well, unless maybe I wore a long t-shirt that mostly covered them... I wear coveralls so I keep my shirt on when I change (and work)... Hmmm.... have to think about that... ;)

betty1253
04-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Him and Her: computers, office, design, art, Science and Engineering
One damn body, heavily drenched in Testosterone.

Still giggling at this one.

Fosters Lager?

betty1253
04-28-2011, 11:27 PM
I know right? I thought for sure I would be laughed out of the place.... I was soo nervous that first day, but so far.... nothing!

There seems to be some kind of locker room etiquette going on here. The other guys n the locker room would be open to debate for noticing. NOT SO in women's locker rooms, or so the SO tells me. Nothing but chatting and looking and well whatever.

Emjay
04-29-2011, 03:30 PM
There seems to be some kind of locker room etiquette going on here. The other guys n the locker room would be open to debate for noticing. NOT SO in women's locker rooms, or so the SO tells me. Nothing but chatting and looking and well whatever.

Hmm... I never thought of it that way.... That makes sense... If someone notices and says something then whoever they say it to will be wondering about them... BRILLIANT!!!

Especially with all of the homophobes I work with... I should be safe forever! :)

prettytoes
04-29-2011, 03:53 PM
I have noticed another contrast...ever since my wife discovered "her" (as of now, un-named), I have been more helpful around the house. Doing dishes, helping with laundry, cleaning up, etc. I have also been more careing, loving, and sensative to her needs. I chuckle and tell her it must be the satin panties!