PDA

View Full Version : The meaning of "well-dressed"?

adrienner99
04-28-2011, 09:05 AM
I read tons of women's fashion magazines and constantly run across the term "well-dressed."

I am curious as to everyone's definitions (esp. GGs) of what exactly it means to be well-dressed (in girl's clothes, of course).

Such thoughts might help a lot of us in terms of matching and coordinating outfits--something I do not ever even think about in male garb...

Julie Denier
04-28-2011, 09:35 AM
I like to think I put as much thought into my guy dressing as my crossdressing, since I still enjoy being a guy, and appreciate a smart suit, sharp tie and snappy fedora. But there are so many more components that go into a women's outfit. For my dressing, no outfit is complete without hosiery and heels -- and always a dress or skirt for me.

KrystalA
04-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Well, my GG tells me I am well dressed no matter what girl's clothes I'm wearing, and I have a lot of them. So, I guess it depends on perspective. If you're not going out en femme, wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. To me, being comfortable IS being well dressed.

Jodi
04-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Well dressed to me means--Clothes that fit properly, Clothes that are in current style. Clothes that are clean and pressed. Proper accessories utilized, and most important is dressed properly for the occasion.

Jodi

abigailf
04-28-2011, 09:17 PM
I suppose it depends on the occasion and whose is giving the opinion. Well dressed for a ball is different then a night out or a dinner.

If I wear short sleeve or sleeveless tops with skirts that land just above the knee and 4 inch heels, my wife calls me a slùt. My friends call it smart. Personally, I dress because the way it makes me feel, not others.

-- Oh I forgot. slùt is on the most wanted list.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
04-28-2011, 10:50 PM
I agree with Jodi. Clothes that fit properly, hang off the body as the design is intended to. Clothes that are ironed and pressed well with pleats correctly ironed. Accessorized with the right amount and in lieu with the overall look. Colors that actually go together and the right shade of nylons or lovely presented shaved legs. Heels or flats to match the look and jewelry that supplement your makeup and hair.

I once heard that even many famous and stylish celebrities may just wear a simple T shirt and jeans, but present well if the jeans are pressed well, T shirt is ironed and the correct accessories have been chosen. Example good bag, nice longline cardigan or cowl neck jumper, lovely knitted beret, nice necklace and earings, simple make-up and nice shoes/boots.

Well dressed, stylish, glamorous, well presented I think all mean the same thing. It reflects pride in oneself and a radiance of self assurance that are YOU, and the clothes, jewelry etc are YOUR accessories.

Kate Simmons
04-29-2011, 03:22 AM
Something that makes you both look good and feel good, I'd expect.:)

noeleena
04-29-2011, 04:20 AM
Hi,

Clothes that have not been draged from the rag bag , dirty , smelly & unkempt & look like it,....not.....

Well dressed,

To be tidy looks nice thought out as to matching , smart. & is in keeping with the occason that you are attending, other wise comforable & tidy.

in my pic is how i was dressed to day for our high tea or afternoon outing . we had 19 of us & all dressed nicely. most were in Edwardian wear, tea & cakes .

...noeleena...

Michaela42
04-29-2011, 05:26 AM
Regardless of gender or anything like that, to me a well dressed person is someone who is wearing clothes that are : 1. correctly fitted, 2. in good to great repair, 3. appropriate to the situation, 4. are appropriate for body 'type', and most of all, 5. clothes that make you feel as good as you look ;)

I am sure that there will be differing opinions, there always is, but I think most everyone can agree on these simple rules.

TGMarla
04-29-2011, 07:42 AM
Why, this is simple! I am well-dressed! LOL

Jilmac
04-29-2011, 07:41 PM
I had to learn what a well dresed GG looked like from observation and copy what I saw. Dressing in guy mode was always pretty easy for me because I worked in the buillding trades and always wore jeans, work shirt, steel toe boots, and hardhat. At home it was the same except for the boots and hardhat. Being well dressed is important when I'm en femme, I love to co ordinate my outfits.