PDA

View Full Version : First time buying make-up on my own.

Gemma Rhodes
09-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Well girls, you may know that the back end of last month I visited a friend in Cheltenham and we went make-up shopping with her dressed and an RG friend. Well I bought loads of make up but the other day I realised that I had used all my foundation.

Well I thought, I need to start buying in person so I wrote down the type I needed (Max Factor Colour Adapt) and off I went, in drab, to Boots. There I was looking at the foundations and couldn't find the one I wanted so I asked a girl there if they had the type I required. "Oh is it for you" she asked. I went bright red and asked her how she knew and she said that she could tell a tranny because their skin was always so much better cared for than a normal guy. Well we chatted for a while and I came away with new foundation and also an eyeliner and a new lippy.

She asked me if I ever went out dressed and ended up telling her about my debut in a couple of weeks. I couldn't believe how cool she was about it and said to come back and see her if I ever needed anything else.

Guess where I will be going next time I need to restock.

Gemma xx

Natalie x
09-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Cooool! It's so nice that there are people who are so relaxed and accepting - I bet she's really good at her job and enjoys it a lot. Well done for having the courage to do it, and for handling it so well.

Wendy me
09-29-2005, 05:28 PM
way cool see that was easy..................shop on.........

Maddie Knight
09-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Its realy nice when you get a helpfull shop assistant.
I hope you use this new found freedom to spend lots of his money.

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Be sure to bring some photos, when you go in to re-stock. I'm sure she'll get a kick out of them, and you might get some fashion tips. :)

Oh, BTW, you might send a nice note to the store manager (via email or no return address if need be) commending the sales association her good service. You can decide whether you want to mention CDing or not, but it's always good to see that those who are good to us get rewarded.

Lindahexi
09-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Wow Gemma, that's so cool, I often browse in Boots Cosmetic department, but have never found the nerve to chat to an assistant about which is best for my skin colour, I do buy lipsticks though, and have never been asked who it's for.

Kimberly
09-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Best over-the-counter story I've heard in a long time!!! :D Sounds amazing :)

Tiffy
09-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Way to go Gemma. That is one challenge I have not had the nerve to try yet on my own. I always have my wife and we say it is for her. Maybe I will ask her to take me and let the person at the counter know as well. Maybe I will get something a little more fitting for my skin tone...................................Sorry, I stopped to write a note to my wife that I want to go shopping. Thank you for sharing your story and I hope to add to this very soon with my own trip to the store.

Kisses, April

perfume
09-29-2005, 07:50 PM
font
Way to go Gemma. That is one challenge I have not had the nerve to try yet on my own. I always have my wife and we say it is for her. Maybe I will ask her to take me and let the person at the counter know as well. Maybe I will get something a little more fitting for my skin tone...................................Sorry, I stopped to write a note to my wife that I want to go shopping. Thank you for sharing your story and I hope to add to this very soon with my own trip to the store.

Kisses, April
lovrd what i heard. the thing about makeup, is that its so hard to find the right textures to fit my mood. i buy the right clothes. but the make up is hard to do. i have some women friends that help a litle, but they get it wrong sometimmesto. i just figured it out if i want it right ill get it myself. so i went and boughtlipstick,nail polish and blush. by my self. thank you for listening.love perfume

perfume
09-29-2005, 08:00 PM
font
lovrd what i heard. the thing about makeup, is that its so hard to find the right textures to fit my mood. i buy the right clothes. but the make up is hard to do. i have some women friends that help a litle, but they get it wrong sometimmesto. i just figured it out if i want it right ill get it myself. so i went and boughtlipstick,nail polish and blush. by my self. thank you for listening.love perfume
look makeup is not the only thing hardtodo. buying clothes is most difficult. i buy al my clithes off the internet. my shoes, stockings and skirts. my women friends love my clothes, but they get a little jealous, over them what do you think i can do to calm them down? love perfume

windycissy
09-29-2005, 08:02 PM
For those of us who lack your moxie, buying that first makeup can seem an unsurmountable challenge. I finally got over it by making up a ridiculous story: first I wrote down in a girlish hand everything that I needed (lipstick, foundation, eyeliner, etc) and then I went into a big city drugstore and filled my basket with one of everything. When I got to the cashier, I told her the airline had lost my wife's suitcase and I showed her my list. The shopper next in line commended me for being such a good husband! Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

perfume
09-29-2005, 08:11 PM
i am trying to find out the best way to buy my clothes. april tell me how you buy yours. i get mine off the internet. my stockings, skirts. and shoes. ive had good luck with my shoes they al fit perfect. my women friends get jealous over my clothes. they think i pay o much for them . but i think the only way to look like a women is dress like one. love you perfume.

perfume
09-29-2005, 08:18 PM
way cool see that was easy..................shop on.........
wendy like your style. i beleave what ever fits you wear it. i like the simple way out high heels and a skirt. like your style. love perfume

Tiffy
09-29-2005, 08:56 PM
i am trying to find out the best way to buy my clothes. april tell me how you buy yours. i get mine off the internet. my stockings, skirts. and shoes. ive had good luck with my shoes they al fit perfect. my women friends get jealous over my clothes. they think i pay o much for them . but i think the only way to look like a women is dress like one. love you perfume.

Perfume...PM me dear. I do not want to high jack Gemmas thread.

Sorry Gemma.

April

Rachel Morley
09-29-2005, 09:04 PM
Totally awesome Gemma! As a Brit who now lives in the US, of course I know Boots. I have never bought any make up there but I can totally see how they would be towards cders. Although I wonder if this particular shop assistant happened to be more accepting than others. Anyway, great post and very rewarding to read. :)