PDA

View Full Version : Princess Catherine

pink femme
04-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Just wanted to share a thought

I would swap with Kate Middleton for 24 hours - she will have such a fairytale day......the beauticians, the hair, the dress, the tiara and veil, the shoes, the lingerie, the flowers, the ceremony - and then becoming a princess..........Oh Lord, please, just for 24 hours.

Shananigans
04-28-2011, 07:59 PM
I'll just take Prince William for 24 hours.

Well...I guess I could go for 24 hours with Kate too.

Tricia Lee
04-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Last night on the Fox News Channel, Bill O'Reilly said the thing he likes best about her is that "she wears nice shoes". I agree!

I never would have guessed Bill is a sucker for heels :)

Brenda456
04-28-2011, 08:55 PM
This is what dreams are made of. . .

Sandra
04-29-2011, 04:29 AM
and then becoming a princess..........

She's not going to be a Princess, it has been announced that she will be Duchess of Cambridge, :)

Shelly67
04-29-2011, 05:56 AM
Congratulations to the happy couple . May love , peace and serenity trancend on us all .

AKAMichelle
04-29-2011, 08:56 AM

You are a mess. You just know how to cheat. :D

Indie Femme
04-29-2011, 12:32 PM
I think Kate's sister Pippa is much cuter, and that dress is fantastic!

http://cdn04.okcdn.okmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/pippa_middleton_april29.jpg

Kathryn Philips
04-29-2011, 01:18 PM

Kate looked beautiful, but wow! wasn't Pippa's dress to die for?

Jess Marie
04-29-2011, 01:19 PM
I don't mean to spoil the dream, but she is Dutchess of Cambridge, not a princess. The feeling is the same, but the title is not. Either way, congratulations and I wish the two the best of luck

NathalieX66
04-29-2011, 02:09 PM
I wanted to be Diana in 1981, I want to be Kate now.
sigh....not much has changed.

Rianna Humble
04-29-2011, 02:14 PM
I guess I could go for 24 hours with Kate too.

Is that a bit boastful? :heehee:

I must agree, I would much rather have the sister's dress than the bride's. And yes, I would like ot corrupt the sister too, but I think she's into men :cry:

Lorileah
04-29-2011, 03:03 PM
After the day she may very well wish she were sitting at home like you sipping tea and not being overwhelmed.

Other than marrying a Prince you could have the whole experience....for the right price. Be glad you are you. Unless you like being a fishbowl (which 90% here don't)

t-girlxsophie
04-29-2011, 03:29 PM
theres always hope for all you wishing to be wills bit on the side.the royal family have previous for that sort of thing

gailprice
04-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Princess Catherine The Duchess of Cambridge (hope thats cleared the title bit up) and Pippa were just both devine.

dutch-anita
04-29-2011, 04:17 PM
for me it's Pippa's dress as well, so much nicer then her sisters one.... (sorry Kate)

Kaz
04-29-2011, 05:17 PM
The reason she is not technically a princess is that Wills is not actually a prince. He is the son of one. He now has a Royal title, which he didn't have before. If Charles becomes King, William will become Prince of Wales, and then Kate will become Princess of Wales. The fact that he was given a Royal title meant that Kate could be accepted into royalty. Otherwise she couldn't have been. So the process has started!

After all my neg statements previously, which I stand by, I still thought the day was awesome and I love our pageantry. And Kate's dress was just drop dead gorgeous on her. I would love to wear it, but I suspect it wouldn't quite work the same!:sad:

Anna B
04-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Nope, I still think Kate is the lovelier of the two...sorry to say but I think she is lovelier than Diana was. (May God have mercy on my soul...)

Anna x

Kaz
04-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Nope, I still think Kate is the lovelier of the two...sorry to say but I think she is lovelier than Diana was. (May God have mercy on my soul...)

Anna x

Personal taste I guess... Diana was a lot younger when she married Charles and probably a lot more protected and naive. Kate also reflects a different generation. I thought she was a star today!

Anna B
04-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Hi Kaz, yes of course you're right on all counts. Personal taste certainly comes into it, and the era. Well spotted you...

Hugs

Anna x

Indie Femme
04-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Is that a bit boastful? :heehee:

I must agree, I would much rather have the sister's dress than the bride's. And yes, I would like ot corrupt the sister too, but I think she's into men :cry:

Wonder if she would be into a guy that wants to wear her bridesmaid dress :D!

Stockingstopgirl
04-30-2011, 04:18 AM
Just wanted to share a thought

I would swap with Kate Middleton for 24 hours - she will have such a fairytale day......the beauticians, the hair, the dress, the tiara and veil, the shoes, the lingerie, the flowers, the ceremony - and then becoming a princess..........Oh Lord, please, just for 24 hours.

Married to a 29yr old with a bald patch

suzy1
04-30-2011, 04:25 AM
Married to a 29yr old with a bald patch

Married to a 29yr old with a bald patch and stacks of money!

Rianna Humble
04-30-2011, 05:01 AM
and then becoming a princess.

She's not going to be a Princess, it has been announced that she will be Duchess of Cambridge, :)

Nearly, her official title is now

Her Royal Highness Princess William Arthur Philip Louis, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus.

Feather Gloves
04-30-2011, 06:10 AM

Her Royal Highness Princess William Arthur Philip Louis, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus.

Exactly right :)

Upon Prince William's ascension to the throne after the passing of Queen Elizabeth and the then to be King Charles, she will be given the option of becoming Queen Catherine or remain as Consort to King William.

But regardless of all that, she looked beautiful yesterday :)
Was anyone else down in London to watch or was it just me? :P

Paula Siemen
04-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Would buy a loy of wigs!!!!!!

Teresa Ann
04-30-2011, 09:22 AM
I was one of the few that did not watch the wedding but want to know what Ayla Holdom dressed like, this would be big news for us girls

Jorja
04-30-2011, 10:06 AM

And I have problems remembering Jorja :D

MargaretJ
04-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Was anyone else down in London to watch or was it just me? :P

I think there was about a million people down in London for the wedding, didn't you see them?

Feather Gloves
04-30-2011, 02:40 PM
I think there was about a million people down in London for the wedding, didn't you see them?

Of course, But I mean people from this forum.

Jessica212
04-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Just to clear up some confusion, only the children of a monarch, and the children of a male child of a monarch are princes or princesses. There have been a handful of occassions where the monarch has issued a Letters Patent making the spouse of a prince a princess in her own right (or the child of a daughter of the monarch a prince or princess, as happened with Prince Charles when he was born, before his mother became Queen).

Prince William is indeed a prince, as the son of a male child of the monarch, and as his wife, Catherine is styled as a princess, though she is not Princess Catherine (she would have to be royal by blood to be Princess Catherine). However, just like Diana, I'm sure most people will refer to her as "Princess Catherine."

There's only one person in the British Royal Family who is titled "Prince of" something, and that is the Prince of Wales. Obviously, once Charles becomes King, William and Kate will become the Prince and Princess of Wales. All other married princes and princesses have dukedoms (except for Prince Edward, who chose to take the title "Earl of Wessex" instead, even though he's entitled to a dukedom - he will become Duke of Edinburgh when his father dies). For instance, Prince Andrew is the Duke of York.

But more on topic, I would have loved to have been in her shoes yesterday. I think most women would love to have such an experience. (If only for one day - I wouldn't want to actually live as a princess or queen!)

Chickhe
05-01-2011, 02:17 AM
She looked great! I now have this idea for next halloween. Using Kate as a model, her facial structure is a bit masculine (got that, check) , she is 5'10" (check) and I have a wedding dress with sleeves (check)... all I need is a dark wig and maid of honor with dress...and a groom (must be able to find a marching band uniform somewhere, ;-) ). Should be fun.

joannemarie barker
05-01-2011, 02:22 AM

ha ha I am thinking the same thing :D

PrettyFlowingGown
05-01-2011, 06:44 PM
its a dream of mine too. To wear a gorgous wedding gown in the worlds eyes, and be taken away by the handsome prince. Heaven!!!

erickka
05-02-2011, 05:58 AM
I think they both are beautiful for British women. So many are so old timey and matronly looking, they are a breath of fresh air!