PDA

View Full Version : new shoes

Loni
04-29-2011, 03:58 AM
well i did what i should not really do, and that is take a walk late at night, :doh: just had to check out my new shoes as i am doing the walk a mile this saturday. needed to make sure they would not turn a blister too fast.
but on the walk in the dark (country here), just caught a quick shadow coming up behind me. a coyote, :eek: was checking me out. put a light on him and he took off quick. :D

i guess worse thing can happen.

Loni

Billie Jean
04-30-2011, 01:01 AM
Loni, where I live in TN we have a big problem with the coyotes. I live way out in the country and there is a pack of them with about 20 in it. Usually the start yelping at another animal but I carry my 9mm from the house to my car and back just in case. The ground around my house is too soft to walk well in heels, so its my sandals or flats when I walk outside at home. I do wear my heels when I go out in town. Billie Jean

eluuzion
04-30-2011, 04:39 AM
Hey, at least it was not Chester the Molester on the prowl, right? :heehee:

I have a marshy runoff ditch that separates my back fence from the rear neighbors' fence (about 20 yards wide). One end starts at a large corrugated steel drain pipe at bottom of hill behind my next door neighbors’ house (end of street) which is the “entrance” to the ditch running miles through the neighborhood. It is where all of the wildlife enters/exits and many animals cross my property at night on their way to ravage the neighborhood.

I have security cameras mounted under the eves around the roof. They all feed to a quad split monitor screen that is always on in my home office. I’m up all night working when the net is not crowded, so I get to watch the wildlife show every night. (Watching two fat raccoons tear up my neighbors trash right now, lol).

We have a big population of coyotes here. They adapt well to urban life. I have watched a pair turn into a 4-pack over the last 5 years. They often lounge around a big spruce in yard across the street, before they go marching down the middle of the street to attack anything that moves. Cats:thumbsup: and rabbits are their favorite prey. The two adults are huge. They chased off the foxes that I used to watch every night. The hours just before sunrise are the most active. Never assume them “friendly”. The rarely attack humans but everyone should chase them away with noise to keep their approach confidence to a minimum.

I also have raccoons, rabbits, foxes, pesty squirrels, obnoxious magpies/pigeons, a huge hooting owl that perches on my back roof, a big red tail hawk sitting on back fence (owl/hawk attracted by my fake owls), and a few marmot sized mystery animals. Very entertaining every night. The only pests that bother me are the humans and their yapping kick-me pets (small dogs), lol.

A man went to a zoo. The only animal was a small dog. It was a shitzu.

:love:

Jennabug
04-30-2011, 07:04 AM
We moved around a lot when I was little, but I think the biggest problem animal we ever had was raccoons. They would get into the trash and scatter it all over the yard. The funniest one we ever had was this little tiny chipmunk looking thing. That silly thing used to drive the poor dog nuts because it would run back and forth around the dogs chain parameter just out of reach. Every once in a while the little joker would get real brave and zip in and grab some food out of the dog's feed dish well with in the parameter and that would really start a war. It used to be so funny to watch those two go at it.

cassandra.932
04-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Safety first. I used to walk in the park at night. After reading some post about safety and confidence here, shopping centres would be my choice now.