PDA

View Full Version : Is the style in which you dress when enfemme vastly different to your male style?

Cait
05-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Or is there a degree of convergence between the two?

Are you a dowdy suit wearer as a man who goes for hooker heels and mini skirts as a woman?
Or are you a flamboyant dresser as a male who opts for the more refined look as a female?
Or do you occupy a middle-ground between the two?
Do your male clothes demonstrate who you are as a female or is the difference between the two so vast that the styles are a total contrast?

Interpret the question however you like.
Does your feminine style display some of your masculine side or do you prefer none of it to be shown?
If presenting as a man, do you display aspects of your femininity?
Or do you prefer an adrogynous look in both genders?

From a personal standpoint I think there is quite a noticeable similarity between my male and female selves in the clothing styles I prefer. When presenting as a male I think I tend to display some degree of femininity, probably quite androgynous. When presenting as a female, whilst still slightly evident, the more masculine aspects of my style tend to be supressed.

Apologies for the somewhat rambling nature of this post and the any generalisations within it.

x

Lexine
05-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Both my female and male styles actually overlap in some places, but for the most part I dress appropriately based on situation. For example, I hung out with my goth/industrial friends recently as both male and female so I had to adjust my wardrobe appropriately to match the people I'd be hanging out with. Also, though I'm in my 30s, I dress like I'm in my mid-20s because that's generally how old people think I am when I'm a female. When I'm a male I generally stick to a lot of very androgynous clothing for everyday wear, even slapping on some eyeliner and mascara just for the hell of it.

Morford
05-01-2011, 12:18 PM
My guy-mode style is very much "jeans and a T-shirt," except on occasions where I need to dress more formally. Girl mode is a lot of the same, though of course the girl jeans and tops fit much more closely than the boy clothes. This is partly because I'm more comfortable in jeans, and partly because I still haven't quite gotten into the habit of shaving regularly, so it doesn't feel right wearing a skirt when there's hair on my legs.

There are exceptions, naturally. I'll get out a dress or pencil skirt and blouse if I'm feeling a little "business-y" one day, or maybe a miniskirt and tank top if I want to be a bit ****ty. I never go out dressed and I live by myself in an apartment, so who cares?

Stephanie47
05-01-2011, 12:46 PM
If I want to feel relaxed and comfortable in guy mode, I wear beat up jeans and a tee shirt. If I want to relax en femme I slip into a knee length dress, hosiery, heels, proper undergarments and a wig- makeup optional.

Sheren Kelly
05-01-2011, 12:53 PM
I try to dress in the style that complements who I am. What I wear enfemme is probably what I would wear had I been borne with the right chromosomes; everyday attire that suits a lady of my years and maturity..

Crissy Kay
05-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Very interesting question. For me, my dressing is pretty much opposite in modes. My girly mode is very fem, you could say sissy. In guy mode, its jeans, Ts, or sweats. I only wear a suit, maybe once or twice a year.

Sophie86
05-01-2011, 01:02 PM
My guy wardrobe is very utilitarian, and trends towards earth-tones. As a girl, I prefer clothes that are pretty and have more color. The biggest difference is that I don't know how to choose male clothes that emphasize my masculinity or flatter my male figure. I can do that, though, with my female clothes.

Deanna B
05-01-2011, 01:27 PM
hi as a male i go for dark colours and as a girl i go for light and colourful colours. and also i do not fill sexy as a male but as a female for the first time i fully dress i did and have the time after when fully dress and what i mean sexy just very very happy . love deanna b

rachael ann
05-01-2011, 01:59 PM
In boy mode its all t- shirts, + jeans for me, but in girl mode i like dresses + skirts. lots of bright, pretty colors. the more fem the better.

clairebostock
05-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi
It's hard for me to say how i dress from male to enfemme, as in male mode i don't wear a dress.

lol Claire x

Kate Simmons
05-01-2011, 02:08 PM
En homme I dress like a man, en femme I dress like a woman. Simple really.:)

Raynefall
05-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Well I am gothic in male mode and I usually try to keep a similar feel to that style. But my female style is vastly greater than my male style because while dressed up I will wear all kinds of colors and patterns. In my normal style they just don't look good on me.

Personality wise I would say I get completely in touch with my feminine side while dressed up. I pretty much lose all masculine traits. But being raised around women my entire life it makes it quite easy. Lol. But even when I am dressed normally I will maintain quite a few small feminine qualities.

Barbara Dugan
05-01-2011, 02:30 PM
I was thinking the same the other day... my male wardrobe when not wearing my job uniform is very basic just t-shirt,jeans and leather sandals...while my feme style can go from the fetish to the girl next door style..but I came to the conclusion that wearing basic things while en feme still have the same good feeling

Darlene-VA
05-01-2011, 02:35 PM
My male dress is very easy, jeans and t-shirts and once in a while a polo shirt and dress slacks. As what I consider the real me it is 100% female from the pantyliner to the my set and styled hair always wearing a dress or nice blouse and skirt with heels.

AnnaCalliope
05-01-2011, 02:59 PM
My male style and female style are mostly jeans, t-shirts and strappy sandals. However, my entire wardrobe is almost entirely femme clothing, so male mode for me is just no breast forms and less make-up.

Samantha W
05-01-2011, 03:09 PM
I’ve noticed a big difference too. My male self is jeans and a t-shirt unless a female friend has picked something out and said “Wear this, it looks nice on you.”. Then I tend to wear the heck out of it. Even when other men are dressed nice, I just don’t see anything attractive about mens clothes.

When I dress as a women, my outfits range from ****ty Hooker to Business Casual to Girl Next Door. My closet is not large, but everything is coordinated, clean and pressed. I even make sure my jewelry matches.

I prefer the business casual when I go out in public.

Cheryl T
05-01-2011, 03:33 PM
I wear uniforms at work and jeans and t-shirts otherwise in male mode.
But for me my style runs from jeans and a cute top, to office casual. I prefer nice outfits, be they skirt and blouse or slacks and top. Sometimes with heels and sometimes with flats. It all depends on my mood, but for certain my male side is plain compared to me.

Jeannie
05-01-2011, 03:41 PM
I like to wear Blue Jeans and Shorts and t shirts when in drab, but as Jeannie I love to wear Skirts and tank top style blouses and of course all of the other female necessities. I want my girlie things to flow and be silky to the touch. As a guy I wear normal male type fabrics. I guess the only thing that ties the two together are my denim skirts, but other than that I feel there is no connection whatsoever.

Sarah_Jane
05-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Mine actually run pretty close together, blue jeans transfer to my denim skirts, my cargo shorts change into my favorite skirt, a khaki cargo skirt!!

In drab I wear a lot of sweatshirts, I just change them to a bit nicer sweaters :)

sissystephanie
05-01-2011, 03:57 PM
En homme I dress like a man, en femme I dress like a woman. Simple really.:)

I dress pretty much like Abigail does, except that I wear no makeup and no wig. So when dressed enfemme, I am actually a man in a skirt!!

Sarah V
05-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Absolutly....100% different.

anda_mouse
05-01-2011, 06:41 PM
i dress how i think i probably would have dressed had i been a gg. although on occasion a semi short dress is nice :)

Julie-Ann Fletcher
05-02-2011, 02:57 AM
When i'm in male mode i try to add a little female style (colour,tightness of clothes) to myself but not to much,when i get the chance my female clothes are prettier and a lot tighter and a lot brigher

Danni Renee
05-02-2011, 04:00 AM
I think my femme style closely resembles my male style. I am a casual person, and I prefer shorts and nice shirt as a guy and skirts, skorts, and shorts with a nice shirt as a girl. One big difference - I do like to get dressy as a girl every once in a while. Nice shoes, nice dress, jewelry, the works. I HATE wearing a tie or suit in guy mode.

Carroll
05-02-2011, 04:33 AM
Guy mode I am a slob. Jeans, a shirt and a gray sweatshirt. In girl mode, dresses, skirts and blouses.

erickka
05-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Waaay different for me. Guy mode... a baggy jeans and t shirt kind of guy, when in girl mode, skirts, heels, nicely form fitting jeans or slacks, and of course it all must be very coordinated, and nicely accessorized.

Tina B.
05-02-2011, 09:03 AM
My male wardrobe has very little color in it, my female wardrobe is filled with color, and prints. My male clothes are very practical, jeans, sweatshirts, and flannel. My female wardrobe is filled with lace, silks and satins, Soft skirts, scoop neck tops. Shoes go from tennis shoes for him, heels for her. About the only thing my Male and female wardrobe have in common is they all fit this old fat body.
Tina B.

ninapuella
05-02-2011, 09:32 AM
My male-style is totally grey, I dont think about it at all. I just take the first best garment i see in the closet because my male-style doesnt interest me at all and i almost never buy male-clothes either. I buy much more female-clothes than male-clothes... Male-clothes is just for the most practical reasons in my opinion...

Susan_Xdress
05-02-2011, 10:08 AM
David’s clothing runs from jeans n tees to casual slacks and golf shirts, with an occasional suit.
Susan never wears pants, and starts with casual skirts and tops up to evening dresses. Both of them are fairly stylish, but Susan takes more time to select styles and lengths in keeping with blending in.

Vivian Best
05-02-2011, 10:22 AM
I hadn't really given that any thought until I read your questions, which I feel are great questions. I think I tend to be kinda upscale in both male and female mode except when I working in my yard then the mode is described as decidedly grubby.

SuzanneBender
05-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Mine overlap a lot. I wear lots of pastels as a guy (pink has always looked great with my skin tone). I like jeans in both modes and have a couple of sweaters that I wear in both roles. I don't dress wlld and consider myself drawn to style and class in whatever gender I am presenting.

Breannah
05-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Im completely opposite, male its all masculine looser polo's shirts jeans shorts, even suits are slightly big and loose fitting. yet when female its very feminine tight, shorter skirts, figure hugging tops and dresses. :)

suchacutie
05-02-2011, 10:28 AM
In the sense that I want to look attractive in both genders there really isn't a difference.

The difference is that in male mode I have "old" clothes that are donned for the garden and other "dirty" activities. Tina just doesn't engage in these activities so she doesn't have any equivalent "old" clothes!

tina

Frédérique
05-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Is the style in which you dress when enfemme vastly different to your male style?

Come to think of it, it’s pretty much the same – rather conservative, even though that does not reflect my mindset in any way. Tastefully dressed may describe it best, and I tend to avoid the things that most males wear – I have a “modular” wardrobe that can go either way, but it’s not flamboyant at all. I try to incorporate as many female things as I can into my male presentation, according to whatever circumstances come along, be it under-dressing or something most manly males wouldn’t be caught dead wearing…
:eek:

joannL
05-02-2011, 01:31 PM
My wife tells me I'am so totally different when dressing in fem. My wife says that when I'am in male mode I could care less about my apperance. When dressing in fem I'am so particular in how I prepare myself from makeup to what I wear. I do take pride when I dress in fem. I may not pass as a women but I want to be respected on how well I dress. There is nothing in this world that makes me feel any better than when I'am fully dressed in fem.

Mikaela
05-02-2011, 01:52 PM
My male mode is overly casual - all jeans, sneakers, and t-shirts or other casual shirts. I have some short sleeve button ups, too. Not a lot of colors, I prefer darks and black specifically.

I'm still looking for my female self's sense of style. I know I get told I'm younger looking, so I'll be aiming for the look of about a 28-32 yr old. I'm not too big on bold prints. I prefer cooler colors, especially purple. I am definitely not about dressing ****ty or as a fetishist. I need some jewelry, but what i like is simple stones (amethyst, tanzanite) and primarily white or dark metals, not yellow gold.
Hating to shop makes it hard to go someplace and experiment.

Casey
05-02-2011, 02:22 PM
I would say it is very differnt for me since the great majority of the clothes I get to wear when I dress enfemme and those of my wifes that I can fit into; she is a size 14 and I am a 14/16, so I am pretty limited. Fortunately, I think my wife has great taste, I just hope she doesn't get too skinny and decide to throw out all her "fat" clothes. :)

Proteus
05-02-2011, 08:13 PM
The common thread is that I dress quite conservatively.

One thing I've noticed about articles with stripes is that all my homme stripes are vertical and my femme stripes are horizontal.

Edit: that's only mostly true, I just remembered that I wore a horizontal striped sweater en homme today.

TGMarla
05-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes. I don't wear dresses and pantyhose in guy mode.

Seriously, I like being well dressed, but our society has become so casual, I rarely get the chance to wear nice clothes. I'll spiff it up when the opportunity arises, though. When I'm in girl mode, I'm always dressed to the nines.

JohnH
05-02-2011, 08:29 PM
I don't have a distinctly male or female mode. I have long enough hair so I don't need a wig en femme, and I have natural breasts and hips so I don't use breast forms or hip pads.

I can wear blush and lipstick with male business casual, and instead of shorts I wear denim skirts.

Johanna

tabithavalentine
05-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Like a lot of others, my male style is very casual. I just want to be comfortable. Fortunately my job allows me to rock the jeans/t-shirt look unless I have an important meeting or a formal event.

Although I'm just a bra/panties girl right now, my female style in my head is overtly feminine. I'm a big fan of Betsey Johnson. My wife and sister-in-law probably have a lot to do with this as its very much their style. Then again, this could all have to do with being essentially closeted (only my wife and a few very select friends know). Sorry if I'm getting to heady. I've spent so much time thinking about this alone that I'm just bursting at the seams.

Nancie64
05-02-2011, 10:08 PM
This does make us think a little. When this guy is around, it's pretty casual. Usual jeans with a t shirt or sport shirt. When Nancie comes around, she loves bright skirts a little above the knees and always with heels or boots. I do wish the body was a little better, but at this late age, who's complaining. Almost 2 dozen bright colored skirts and 6 or so black skirts. The only wish for Nancie is that she could wear some of this out and about.

Stefia S
05-02-2011, 11:33 PM
I tend to dress so I blend with a little flair, not necessarily more risque, so that others, women incuded take causal notice. When in guy mode, I dress pretty plain, but try to wear somethings that show I took some care in coordinating colors, pattersm or textures.

christiecd
05-03-2011, 09:45 PM
I may be in the minority but I enjoy dressing in guy mode, since I'm in it most of the time I do buy nice clothes. As I'm only en femme so many times I try to be a little more frugal, though I still do my best to rock cute outfits!

-Christie