PDA

View Full Version : Anyone busted by photos

pernille d
05-01-2011, 02:43 PM
A simple question. I was just wondering if any of you that have posted photos(with and without face ) have ever been busted buy someone seeing the photos.

Of cause profile avitars are visible to non members. I mean more the photos uploaded visible to members only. I guess if someone is a member they are quite likely a Cd. But I don't know how far some people will go to find out some information if they really wanted to know or had a hunch that some one was a Cd and a member here

Being Paige
05-01-2011, 02:45 PM
No, not yet anyway :)

Kate Simmons
05-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Not too concerned about it Hon. You know if someone points a finger at someone else, there are always three pointing back.:)

Cheryl T
05-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Yes...my spouse found one I had taken at home many years ago.
After the silent treatment for 3 days she finally asked "Who is she?".
I was confused and asked "who is who?". Then she said "that woman". I said, "what woman".
Finally she said, "the one in the photo in your wallet?"....
When I replied "it's me"....she said..."Really, who is she?"

I had to produce the clothing to prove it. Guess I didn't look that bad all those years ago...LOL

Sheren Kelly
05-01-2011, 03:56 PM
I have a suspicion...
There came a time when suddenly certain people at work changed the way they related towards me. At that time, I was the President of TGEA (local support group) and recently featured in TG Tapestry. I suspected I was "outted" but never was confronted by these people. Later while doing a search, I came across a picture file on the company share drive with my name on it that was protected by PGP security. I copied the file and then deleted the share file. Unfortunately I never was able to crack the access code. To this day I still wonder what that picture is.

Kathi Lake
05-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Yes.

Being a total doof, I have inadvertently outed myself via pictures a few times - the last time (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?152231) just a few weeks ago. So far, nothing has been said, and I haven't noticed any odd vibes from anyone. Of course that could simply mean that people have known about it for quite awhile and accepted it as just me being me. Who knows? Moreover, who cares?

:)

Kathi

t-girlxsophie
05-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Not online,but at work a cpl of years ago I was showing a cpl of my GG friends at work,a photo of me dressed,I accidentaly dropped it on the floor,and one of the guys picked it up and handed it back to me,It all happened so quick I thought I had got away with it,but I found out a few month later,that he did notice.I'm now sure that's how the rest of my shift found out my secret,nothing has changed between my colleagues and me so no harm was done

Sophie

Marcia Blue
05-01-2011, 06:50 PM
My ex-wife had pictures of me dressed, that I had forgotten about. Several years after I had married again, my ex published a pic in the local paper.

I simply told all that asked about the photograph, that it was from a Halloween party in colleage.

Then a couple of years later she published a second one. I was wearing a different outfit. I just told everyone it was from the same event, no one seemed to notice the difference, and I think everyone believed me.

My then and now wife, knew I had dressed the past, but thought I was no longer doing so. I was still really upset.

ninapuella
05-01-2011, 08:05 PM
No, because to be busted you have to do something wrong and i dont do anything wrong...

Vanessa Storrs
05-01-2011, 09:51 PM
I was taking a photography class at college and was printing a photo of myself dressed. There was no one else in the darkroom so I figured that I would not get caught. As the 8X10 was in the fixer another student came in looked at the photo which was dimly illuminated by the safe light and asked, "What's this?" He took another look at the photo and said, "Oh, a person." He had no idea who the person was. I regret that I didn't just tell him it was me in a dress. He was a very conservative Christian who had been home schooled and had led a very protected life. His reaction might have been interesting.

LeeAnnRose
05-02-2011, 04:01 AM
My ex-wife had pictures of me dressed, that I had forgotten about. Several years after I had married again, my ex published a pic in the local paper.

I simply told all that asked about the photograph, that it was from a Halloween party in colleage.

Then a couple of years later she published a second one. I was wearing a different outfit. I just told everyone it was from the same event, no one seemed to notice the difference, and I think everyone believed me.

Marcia,
I am glad you were able to work past this. I think I would be so mortified if something like this happened I wouldn't know what to say or do. Put something like this on my greatest fear list!

thechic
05-02-2011, 05:20 AM
I was busted 4 months ago on photos i had on Flickr even though in the last year or so Ive slowly come out of the closet and gone 24/7
and found 90% of every body i deal with or know are OK with this.inlaw spotted the photos on this sight and reconised it as me,then the vicious roomers started,now even people i dont deal with know about me,i took all the photos off.

vikki2020
05-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Not to my knowledge, but I'm not concerned about it. I'm not shy about posting pics,either. If someone that I know was to come across one, I'd hope they would tell me, and talk about it.

Tina B.
05-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Never been worried about it, I only post here, and I figure if you spend enough time here to figure out it's me, you must be one of us. I don't use my legal name, so a search by name won't get it, and people that know me, I doubt that they would be looking for me here.
Tina B.

JoanAz
05-02-2011, 08:40 AM
My computer crashed and a GOOD friend down loaded ALL my photos to the New one HE put all my photos in Albums/Folders. Definatly knows what he was moving, has never said a word, we still do "guy" things together....Thand again my hair is long and Blonde legs shaved,

linda allen
05-02-2011, 08:42 AM

That's the risk of letting anyone know if you want to stay "in the closet". No matter how much you love and trust them at the moment. I was once blackmailed by a lover and ended up losing a wife and family over it. Not CD ing, just the affair.

Janet Bern
05-02-2011, 08:54 AM
My wife found my pictures from Glamour Shots. She got in a bit pissed.
I told her that I wanted to see what I would look like so I had them taken.
she isnt suppotive but is now ok with it as long as I dont do it around her.
She doesnt know that I sometimes go out shopping and dining enfemme.
Janet

noeleena
05-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi ,

Bustered . well after haveing you pic & name on 60 forums & media i think not or its to late more like 4 years to late,
So no im not bothered, & when people & friends call you by your name , its cool ,

...noeleena...

Vivian Best
05-02-2011, 10:32 AM
I don't think my avatar reveals much of what I look like, do you?

the_me
05-02-2011, 10:54 AM
I'd almost like to be outed a bit more by pics online. If anyone asked questions about finding a pic here, I'd at least get to mess with them and ask what they were doing looking around a crossdresser's website! Haha. But I don't worry about it whatsoever. Very few people I know even know of my login id that I use for just about every forum (the_me and variants of it.) plus it's pretty secure. (Googling Celes the_me does return the theme song for the character I mostly chose my name based on, I like!)

Does getting drunk and showing off pictures of yourself dressed count as being busted with pictures though? That did happen, but ended well (thankfully).

SuzanneBender
05-02-2011, 11:42 AM
I have pulled down a lot of the pictures that I had out in the virtual world. I do have a facebook site and this profile, but I have only had a couple of close calls. I don't think anyone who knows my males presentation would ever recognize me.

Wendy_Marie
05-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Not from this forum..but several years ago i had an ad placed with a Fetish site and a friend of a friend saw it and spread the word around....Funny thing is that it was a pic I had taken at Halloween in a French maid Costume. I explained the photo away as a cruel practical joke and the guy who outed me and tried to bust me to my friends ended up being chastised by a few of my GG friends who told him to mind his own buisness.

kimberly ann487
05-02-2011, 12:38 PM
I am so past this aspect of my crossdressing. All the important people in my life know about me, know about me not accept me. I even wanted to show my wife photos of me as Kimberly but she refused. I felt that if she saw me as a tastefully dressed woman (my opinion LOL) she would think differently about me. I have given up on her accepting my crossdressing.

Chimera12
05-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Mine left, taking all my money also

you are very pretty, at least I think so

In Dec of 2012 all the ancient calendars end, because of allegedly the world ending as we know it, so why not do whatn your heart desires and not care what everyone else thinks

Stephanie47
05-02-2011, 01:20 PM
In Dec of 2012 all the ancient calendars end, because of allegedly the world ending as we know it, so why not do whatn your heart desires and not care what everyone else thinks

I guess I should run out and buy a really sexy 'going away' dress!!

Misti
05-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Not yet, but I think it is getting closer, and closer, and .... :brolleyes:
For example, last night my SO was looking over my shoulder watching a funny video with me up on the monitor and when I looked down at the tray, oops, there was, "Misti..." starring right back at both of us clear as a bell. Double Oops! Even though she is supporting me 100% now in my "en femme" endeavors, she hasn't seen me like in my makeover pics, yet? Only time will tell? :battingeyelashes:
OBL got it, finally after nearly 10 years being on the lam, thank the dear Lord! I only wonder if it will take my SO as long to catch me as it did our intrepid G-ument catching OBL? I can only hope in my case because she is really on the alert now???
Stay tuned to this station for any late breakng news! :D

Kathi Lake
05-02-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't think anyone who knows my male presentation would ever recognize me.You know, I wonder the same myself. It seems that when I show a picture of Kathi to someone, I almost have to twist their arm to get them to agree that it is me, or if they see me dressed, their first response is "I would never in a million years recognize you!" However, when I look at pictures of me dressed, I see me, just a bit prettier. It makes me wonder as I have had close calls while dressed. Once, I was in a store and a young woman from church - a good friend and member of the Gorgeous Gossip Patrol - came out of the dressing room I was waiting for. We smiled at each other, and I went into the room - heart a' hammering! When I came out (after waiting for my pulse to get down to at least the triple-digits) She was gone. To my knowledge, nothing further was said if she even recognized me. Sure, the ladies of the GGP know me. Even though they haven't been formally introduced to Kathi, they know that I am a little girly - just a smidgen! :)

So I wonder, just how busted would we be if someone had seen a photo. I seriously wonder as I am on this site, Facebook, Hot or Not, and who knows where else?

Kathi

clairebostock
05-02-2011, 02:11 PM
If anyone was to see a photo off me dressed then they must be on the same site as me.
so would need to ask themselfs a question before turning on me.

Karen 812
05-02-2011, 04:38 PM
I have several pictures of me dressed in my home, if asked about them I say they are of my cousin. Except for where does she live, or how old is she, no further questions asked.

Cassie Cas
05-02-2011, 05:07 PM
I don't anyone would... you look absolutely lovely!

Jeanna
05-02-2011, 05:42 PM
The boy vs girl pictures here could be pretty well incriminating! Haven't been busted yet......

Billie Jean
05-02-2011, 10:15 PM
A lady I used to live with put pictures of me from the recycle bin back into my pictures file on my computer. Before I knew what she had done she told me if she ever caught me in a dress we were through. I left shortly after that and never went back. Billie Jean

Tammynnj
05-02-2011, 10:39 PM
i've gotten braver over time. i only have face shots on two 'serious' tg/crossdresser sites. i figure if someone sees me there he has to explain what he's doing there.

dominique
05-03-2011, 04:32 AM
Yes. Wife seen them she was looking for pics to send to her friend. Not nice after the event.

linda allen
05-03-2011, 07:16 AM
I'd almost like to be outed a bit more by pics online. If anyone asked questions about finding a pic here, I'd at least get to mess with them and ask what they were doing looking around a crossdresser's website! Haha. .

Remember, someone can find a picture here and post it somewhere else.

JenniferR771
05-03-2011, 08:07 AM
My wife knows, but does not approve. So she was really angry when she first discovered pics of me on the computer. She is a little more mellow now. She knows I take pics when she is gone every Saturday. But she still insists that they should not be on computer. But...last week I forgot and left my thumbdrive with about a hundred girly pictures in the USB port. Whoops. She just put it back in my desk drawer and said, "I could have deleted all you stupid pictures, you know!"

RenneB
05-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Knock on wood. Not yet. As soon as I cut the pics from the cameras hard disk, I go back to make sure that they're gone. Then I do a quick check that they are only on my slave drive that I disconnect and but away when not using. SO thinks it's my back up drive.... Opps need to check the trash can to clean out the deleted photos... Okay, done. Now as long as no one uses facial recognition software through the net, I'm good..... for now... Time to close the closet door a little tighter.... LOL...

Renne.....

Chimera12
05-03-2011, 10:46 AM
a person should dress as he or she feel the most comfortable

Valerie
05-03-2011, 11:23 AM
No, that I know, but it is a constant concern of mine. On the one hand I want my privacy, on the other hand I want my friends here to see me so we can have a more real communication. Because of this worry I stopped posting here for many months, but I missed you all and am now back.

jodylynn113
05-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Yes, some people at my job found pics of me however it wasnt a surprise the biggest surprise for the people I worked with was when I got married

Yolanda_Voils
05-09-2011, 10:36 PM
As soon as I cut the pics from the cameras hard disk, I go back to make sure that they're gone

Err, sorry but they are NOT gone.
There are several free softwares to retrieve pics from your flash card or hard drive.

For Flash Card Recovery, here's my fav,
"Flash Card Picture Recovery" PC INSPECTOR File Recovery for FAT 12/16/32 and NTFS, Free (http://www.pcinspector.de/default.htm?language=1)
This is made in Germany and a smooth functioning recovery program, you only need to select where your flash card is located, "F" "G" "H" etc, then choose the format it was saved to the flash card, usually .jpg, some use an uncompressed format, just stick your card in then go to My Computer, find it, right click on it and check it's format.

I use BC Wipe to permanently remove unwanted items from my HD and Flash Cards.
BcWipe 2.28 (last freeware version) (http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/page14.html)
Make sure to click Download (510 KB) or Mirror
I find that BC Wipe works on WinXP, though not supported, works fine on both NTFS and FAT32 formatted drives.

BC Wipe supports U.S. Department of Defense recommendations (DoD 5200.28-STD)
It "overwrites" the data with Zero's and One's, you choose the times, to hide from a government 3-letter probe, overwrite 32 times.

If BC Wipe doesn't fill the bill, then check File Shredder, Free! (http://download.cnet.com/File-Shredder/3000-2144_4-10662831.html)

To recover Pictures, Movies, or other files from your Hard Drive, click the "Handy Recovery 1.0" which is right under BC Wipe.
It works great, all these softwares are Freeware, NOT Shareware !

Handy Recovery is data recovery software designed to restore accidentally deleted files on hard and floppy drives with FAT12/16/32, NTFS and NTFS 5 file systems. The program runs under Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003 and can recover files deleted by virus attacks, power failures and software faults
Direct link to Handy Recovery, .zip file (http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/files/handyrecovery.zip)

If you need a prog to "unzip" files & programs, there's an alternative to WinZip, and it too is free !
FreeZip (http://download.cnet.com/FreeZip/3000-2250_4-9507.html)

FreeZip creates a folder under, My Computer, Drive C:, a folder named "O"

Yolanda_Voils
05-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Oops, forgot something. To make sure your Recycle Bin is cleaned, right click it and choose, "Wipe Recycle Bin"

The same for any file you wish to scrub in Windows, R. Click & Wipe.

For the Flash Card, when you're sure, go into windows, find it, R. Click & Wipe.

hope this helps.

sometimes_miss
05-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Errrrrrr, it could have happened. When I was getting divorced, my ex had taken pictures of me dressed as a girl, in several young teen female outfits, doing my best to act like a girl. One of her threats was to have copies made and send them to my friends and family, and to post them on the net if I didn't give her our assets. To some degree I sort of regret giving in, but I don't know if I would have survived if she went through with it, I had absolutely no support system at the time. Just assume that if there is evidence to be found, it WILL be found. Don't keep anything on your computer. If you have videos and pics, keep them in a safe of some sort, small digital safes are cheap on ebay. Follow Yolanda's advice to keep your digital domain 'clean'.

Alice Torn
05-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Accidentally uploaded one of Louise onto my male Facebook, for a few days. I have not heard from some friends, for a while. Also, i have over a hundred videos on Youtube, that anyone could spread around. Hopefully, not too many have figured it out! I showed one widow in the church i have gone with, and i should have known better! She is a big gossip, and sure enough, she has told others. I just don't know how many.

Kaz
05-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Mine left, taking all my money also

you are very pretty, at least I think so

Ancient calendars end because they figure it isn't going further as they won't be here and maybe future generations can pick it up... do we not do this?

Whoops sorry! wound up posting to page 1!

On topic... if anyone could clock me from my avatar I would buy them a very big drink!

daviolin
05-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Only my wife has seen my pictures. And it really pisses her off. She can't understand what I get out of poseing in womans clothing. I have over 1400 pictures on flickr. I hope someday somebody will see me and confront me on it. Then I can just look them in the eye and say "and whats your point"? My whole family knows of my hobbie. Only my wife hates it. But she is slowly comming around. Daviolin

Chimera12
05-13-2011, 11:32 AM
I live in a condo, and coming and going from car to house, I was busted by a neighbors girl friend. She asked why I was dressed like that, and I told where I was going to and returning from does not allow anybody there except cross dressers. She asked if it was fun! My reply was YES!
I go there in my Belly Dance Outfits and sell sweet Breads that I bake.

Amy Lynn3
05-13-2011, 12:22 PM
If someone saw my picture on here they would say that is the most ugly person I have ever saw.

Duana
05-13-2011, 12:30 PM

My then and now wife, knew I had dressed the past, but thought I was no longer doing so. I was still really upset.

Two questions:

Why on earth would she do this, especially years later? Bitter much?

What kind of rag would publish pictures like this, aiding in a vedetta?

helencarpenter
05-13-2011, 02:10 PM
My sister found one on my phone as I slept once. I don't think I can ever live that down. I convinced my family it was a prank, but I doubt they believed it.

Taylor Skyrim
05-13-2011, 04:46 PM
My ex girlfriend found out 2 weeks after we started dating which was less then 2 weeks after i got back into CDing, when i left my bra out in the middle of the floor. She told me just yesterday before she had to fly down to Texas for the summer. She was not bothered by it and she left some of her clothes every time she came over to find out if I would wear them. Before she left she gave me 3 thongs, a nice push up bra, a pair of L.E.I. denim shorts and a cool t shirt. We did not break up because of my CDing. there were other issues that came up

Alice B
05-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Not directly, but once a member tried to friend me on Face Book and I received several inquires from friends wanting to know who she was and my relation to her.

Marcia Blue
05-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Two questions:

Why on earth would she do this, especially years later? Bitter much?

What kind of rag would publish pictures like this, aiding in a vedetta?

My Ex is a b***h and that is being as polite as possible. She has a few mental problems and temper to match. She was even convicted of attempted murder of her second Ex.

The local paper publishes candid photos in the personals with headings like:
Lordy, Lordy, Look Who is Forty, Happy Birthday, and such. She just put it in the personals and added a Birthday greeting. My hair was beyond shoulder length and I looked pretty fem. Only people who new me well, recognized me. The second time, she did it. I was not very polite, when I saw hear shortly afterword.

Maria 60
05-13-2011, 07:28 PM
I was setting up my aviator and put 2 pics on my computer, having problems doing it because i am not a computer person, i left the pics in the photo file. I went on the computer about a week later and there they were. I don't know if anyone seen them, no one said anything.