PDA

View Full Version : Body Language

betty1253
05-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Hi everyone!
We went to friends house Friday for a little garage band fun. (I play bass and guitar.)
On the way home my SO said she noticed the sitting positions of the 3 of us at the end of the evening. My 2 band mates were sprawled out in chairs, legs spread apart and slouching. Then there was me, knees together with feet angled back and sitting up straight and proud like a good girl. This would be good if I wasn't in drab. But, as usual no one really notices.
This must be a sign of how comfortable I am becoming with my softer side as I was not aware of this, it becoming natural for me to sit a little different from the other guys.

:)

Betty

BillieJoEllen
05-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Gee Betty. Years ago I had to break myself of that way of sitting so that I would appear more masculine. Now I can't sit like that anymore. Today I wouldn't care what people think of the way I sat.

betty1253
05-02-2011, 02:31 PM
BillieJo, Sorry you can't sit that way anymore. Just brought this up to say you could be doing "things" without noticing. I really don't care what people think for they will think as they will.
Regards,
Betty

Sophie86
05-02-2011, 03:11 PM
There are some things I do to push the envelope in my male presentation. The way I sit is one of them. I often cross my legs at the knees instead of resting ankle on knee in male fashion. When sitting on the floor, I like to sit knees together with my arms around my legs.

Apparently, my phone voice is also very femme. My daughter and I had to do a welcome call with my her online Spanish teacher this morning. At the end of the conversation the teacher said, "You ladies have a great day." :)

kimdl93
05-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I've always had some mannerisms that people said were effeminate...the way I crossed my legs being one of them.

Kathryn Philips
05-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I also cross my legs the girly way. Its much more comfortable, specially after having lost so much weigh and having thinner thighs.

Ingrid1999
05-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I've always had feminine mannerisms that I used to get in trouble for and I worked hard to stop. I grew up very self conscious in part because of that.

However, I never have been comfortable crossing my legs like a guy. :)

lingerieLiz
05-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I was always teased that I walked like a girl and wiggled my ass. I guess it went along with my boobs that always got pinched. I wasn't fat I just had boobs, a small waist. hips, but no ass. I wasn't fem with hand movements that I remembered, but who knows. I don't worry about it today.

Eryn
05-02-2011, 09:33 PM
I've always felt self-conscious that I preferred to cross my legs at the ankles or knee rather than knee-to-ankle like a Real Guy (tm).

Now I realize that I had it right all along and it's just the way I am.

Unlike the fellow who went and enlisted in the Scots Guards regiment whose dress uniform features a kilt.

He came home on his first leave and was sitting in the parlor. His mother came in, took one look at him and said....

"If you're going to be in 'This Man's Army,' you're going to have to learn to sit like a lady!"

Diane Smith
05-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Most of my body language, posture and habits like leg-crossing are distinctly feminine. To an extent it's natural with me, and I've also studied how women move and have consciously tried to incorporate what I have seen into my daily presentation. I make no effort at all to emulate male poses and behaviors, which I find vaguely rude and repulsive. The only time anyone has ever commented to me about it was years ago when I was shooting videos of a troupe of dancers preparing for a recital, and several times, I was asked if I was a dancer because of the "graceful" and "athletic" way I would cross my knees, kneel down and twist my body while trying to get interesting camera shots. Nobody said it was "feminine," and no one has ever commented about it in daily life since then. I like moving like a girl and try very hard to do it well.

- Diane

eluuzion
05-03-2011, 05:27 AM
hehehe,

Female posturing is all about minimizing the amount of personal physical space their bodies occupy and Males are pretty much the opposite, spreading out with all of their "puffing up" and "territorial" displays, :heehee:

Pretty entertaining, isn't it.:heehee:

:love:

Renee_E
05-03-2011, 06:42 PM
I got called out on the way I sit while I was in the Marine Corps. Until then I didn't know I sat like a girl. Haven't changed either.

t-girlxsophie
05-03-2011, 09:49 PM
I must be the odd one out,I still sit slouched,and legs all over the place when in drab,not to mention where my hands go LOL

Sophie

Wendy_Marie
05-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Female mannersims, or the lack thereof are what makes many CD's stand out in public... from the way we stand to how we walk, sit etc... It doesn't matter how perfect your hair is, or how nice your hand bag matches the shoes your wearing..if you still walk like a duck, talk like a duck...people are going to immediatley see that you are a duck. I spend a lot of my down time practicing my mannersims, from the way I sit to how I drive a car, so that when I am dressed maybe my body language and mannersims will not be what gives me away when I am out in public.

sissyjoe
05-04-2011, 08:21 AM
You go girl! We all aspire to be totally in touch with our feminine side!