PDA

View Full Version : The Red and Blue Lights

AmberDay
08-25-2004, 11:35 PM
Here is what not to do when driving while dressed up. My cousin, Jim is a police officer in a major city in south west ohio and he told me an incident that happenend last year (He does not know about my crossdressing). He was doing regular street patrol at 3am in the morning when the car in front of him gunned the gas through the yellow light. Jim caught up with the car down the street and turned on the overhead lights. He was just going to give a friendly 'reminder' that yellow means slow not accelerate. (Jim claims he hardly ever writes traffic citiations except for wreckless driving and speeding in school/construction zones.) Anyway the car didn't pull over right away so he beeped the siren a couple of times. After 4 city blocks of lights and siren beeps, he was about to call in a pursuit when the car pulled into an alley and stopped abruptly. Jim called for back up. Him and another officer approached the car and saw a person with a paper bag over their face. Jim politely asked them to remove it and they heard a husky no; surprised him since the person was wearing a mini skirt. They asked for license, registration, proof in insurance, and heard a no again. The 'subject' gunned the gas down the alley, but a dumpster stopped their 'getaway.' After pulling the subject out of the car and cuffing them did he realize it was a man dressed like a woman. He was brought off to the city jail.

It got me thinking about what the cd should have done. I was a volunteer police officer for two years and tried to see the incident from both sides. Here is what I came up with:
1. Stop ASAP in a safe place i.e. shoulder, gas station
2. Don't try to hide who you are. Provide all documents requested. Obviously the officer would probably be taken back, but they are profesionals. They have seen worse stuff, TRUST ME. They will ask you questions why you are dressed and be honest (Unless you were prostituting then lie) **sorry if that offends anyone** Many male criminals dress like women to throw off the police.
3. Remain calm and consistant. Don't act like you are wired on drugs.
4. Don't give them a reason to take you to jail. TRUST ME again, you do not want to spend the night in a jail with 50+ male criminals while dressed like a woman.

I was just wondering if anybody has been pulled over while dressed. I would like to hear about their experience.

Amber

Sara Kat
08-25-2004, 11:43 PM
I haven't been pulled over while dressed, but then again, I haven't been out dressed yet. :(

I hope when it does happen I'm so cute that I'll be able to flirt my way out of a ticket! :p

Girl.Faye
08-25-2004, 11:45 PM
Another quick lesson when dealing with the police. Don't wear a paper bag over your head and refuse anything the ask.

Funny story, sounds like something that you would've seen on Cops :p

AmberDay
08-26-2004, 12:00 AM
Girl.Faye Another quick lesson when dealing with the police. Don't wear a paper bag over your head and refuse anything the ask.
Funny story, sounds like something that you would've seen on Cops

There was a similar incident I saw in California that was on REAL TV or maybe even COPS several years back. He was wearing a black skirt/suit. I could not imagine either one of those people being me. I would die.

eleventhdr
08-26-2004, 01:09 AM
I have never been pulled over while dressed!. Heck it is hard enough dressed as male with the Bulls. I have been stopped late at night in big cities and small and it is difficult enough even dressed in male cloths most of the time I have had to fight for my rights as a male even so i can just imagine how ti would be if you were dressed female and got stopped. Trust me it is really very unpleasant to be pulled over at anytime with the Bulls Suzy Ann!.

Amelie
08-26-2004, 09:49 AM
I didn't drive too much dressed, I either walked or took a cab. But I had one similar incident while walking home one night. I was walking home from a night out, about 4 in the morning, when I turned a corner and saw 2 Policemen watching something, so I avoided them and went another block , to turn at. Halfway down this block 2 men came out of hiding running towards me, then another man in front of me jumped off a fire-escape, apparently he was a burgular and the 2 men where police trying to nab him.Then more police from around the corner arrived and pointed their guns at me. So like you say be polite, I politely put my hands in the air. But the first 2 police men said she's not invloved let her go. I was nervous as hell as I walked away, but was happy that they called me a female. The point is even if your innocent, do what the police say, and remain calm, and don't argue, you can't win, they have guns.

Love Amelie