PDA

View Full Version : Fun on the road

Wendy_Marie
05-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Over the last few weeks I haven't had much of a chance to dress, except for my Therapy appointments. So when the chance to dress and take an eight plus hour long drive came up I jumped all over it.

I decided that I was going to spend this time being just a normal girl on a short road trip...not take any special precautions other than those any other woman would take if she were out alone. I did have to get dressed outside of my house as a couple of my family members who do not know about Wendy Marie arrived unexpectedly. But otherwise my day went well.

I left Springfield with enough fuel to make about 1/3 of my journey so I knew a fuel stop was in my future as was the need to eat at least lunch and possibly dinner on the road. Up until today I had always used the pay at the pump features if I was out dressed and needed to stop for gasoline, and food was always obtained via drive thru window…I intended to correct this over sight on this trip when I left….So not making any real plans on when or where to stop I decided I would let the fuel gauge determine this detail for me and my stomach would let me know when it was time to eat.

I made it about 50 miles up I-44 to the town of Lebanon when I started feeling hungry, not wanting to eat anything too heavy for lunch… (I have lost 36 pounds since the 1st of the year) I decided ahead of time that I would just stop at Wendy’s (Coincidentally the same name as mine.) and have a salad and iced tea.
I pulled into the parking lot and there weren’t too many cars there, so I plucked up the nerve got out of the car and walked in (as my wife would say) like I owned cotton in Augusta.
When I walked in there were four people standing in line at the counter. I quietly just took my place amongst them and waited my turn…funny no one came running out of the back with a pitchfork yelling “Crossdresser” and I largely went unnoticed until it was my turn at the counter. The young woman who waited on me took it all in stride albeit with a somewhat amused look on her face. An older man who was waiting for his Frosty did turn and look at me when I ordered…he looked me up and down and that was the extent of it. I paid for my order and went and sat down in the dining room and ate before leaving…again all without incident.

As I approached the town of Lake Ozarks, I noticed that the gas gauge was getting dangerously low so since I drove this route frequently I decided I was going to get fuel at the Casey’s General Store I usually stop at when in the area. Wow, it was very busy with lots of foot traffic going in and out…too be honest; I almost chickened out and just payed for my fuel with my debit card at the pump as I usually would have.
As I stepped out of the car this strange calm came over me, and almost with realizing what I was doing, I hit the Pay Inside option on the pump and began filling the tank…too late to turn back now.
A young woman was getting fuel at the island next to me and when I looked up she made eye contact with me…I smiled at her and went to turn away and I heard her say…”Sure is windy out here today.” I responded that I was thinking the same thing all the while fighting to keep the hair out of my face. The pump clicked off as the tank was full and as I went to make my way inside I realized that I had left my purse along with my I.D. and Debit card in the car.

After retrieving it I turned to go inside and the woman who had spoke to me walked up next to me and followed me inside…as we approached the door a college age man walked out holding a case of beer and stopped long enough to hold the door for us. The woman smiled and said thank You, I just smiled and walked on inside.
When I looked up I was petrified as there were two registers open with several people in each…At the back of one of the lines stood a Missouri State Highway Patrolman.
The woman who had spoken to me began chatting with me and I tried in my softest voice to respond and was relieved that I didn’t seem to draw any undue attention….that is until I got to the register and my debit card didn’t want to read. After several tries it finally went through though and after saying good bye to my new found friend…I went on about my way.
About 60 miles on up the road and I was arriving in Jefferson City and nearing my destination…Now I have dressed and driven from this area before and there is a clean and private bathroom I use to change in which I planned to use before making my delivery.
Now this is where my story gets interesting….do you remember how I told you of the relatives who showed up at the last minute before I left…? When I left the house I did so in a hurry…grabbing my girly bag at the last second I had my clothes, my make up and my wig…..But as I discovered when I hit the bathroom to change…..what I hadn’t grabbed was the bag which had my make up remover, wash cloth and baby wipes in it.
Now I suppose I could have done a half way job of removing my make up with warm soapy water but as I was just making a drop off and didn’t expect that I would even encounter another person I decided to chance it and stayed enfemme all the way to the office. So that is exactly what I did. I got in the building logged in my delivery and got out in a hurry and hit the road back home.
As I started back home it occurred to me…I hope the building didn’t have any surveillance cameras…Oh well, too late to be worried about something so inconsequential now.
The trip back wasn’t nearly so exciting other than a stop for a cheese burger at McDonalds again in Lake Ozarks…received such great treatment and service from a young woman who worked the counter, that I even called the manager after the fact and told him how respectful of my privacy Amy had been and that I greatly appreciated the service she had provided. If you’re ever in the area…Lake Ozarks seems to be a CD friendly town.

Persephone
05-02-2011, 10:31 PM
What a beautiful day, Wendy! Aren't those casual conversations with other women terrific! And it is so cool that you told the manager about how nice the young woman had been.

You sound like you are definitely over the plateau of fear and are ready to take on the world! Terrific!

Hugs,
Persephone.

kimdl93
05-03-2011, 09:00 AM
That's a great excursion. Are you planning any more day trips in the near future?

Wendy_Marie
05-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Are you planning any more day trips in the near future?

I have made many drives enfemme since the first of this year...and I do make this exact run once a month for my job. So yes I do have plans to continue these days trips in the future...they are so very much fun.

Holly
05-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Wendy, I love this type of thread. Your experience mirrors my own (and 95% of the other T-girls I know). Just because we step out into the sunlight, the world does not come crashing down. In fact, we often meet kind and wonderful people as you did with the counter person at McDonalds and the woman at the gas pump. Our worst fears rarely, if ever, become reality, as you proved with your encounter with the highway patrolman when you went inside to pay. Well done, girl!

Kathi Lake
05-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Yay, Wendy!!

What a wonderful, detailed post. I love those! :)

Your experiences sound familiar; you go out, you have fun, wonderfulness ensues, the world doesn't end.

Now you have me jonesing for a road trip!

:)

Kathi

Valerie
05-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Wendy, I loved the description of your trip. It had suspense, excitement, and a great ending. I was very moved. Thanks for sharing!
Val

Nikki A.
05-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Its amazing that no one chased you with the pitchfork either at Wendy's or at the gas station. Like I've been finding out too, most people don't notice or care. And it seems those that do are polite and nice (at least in front of us LOL).
Good trip and the wish for many more

Wendy_Marie
05-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Ladies, Thanks for all the wonderful comments and encouragement....all the kindness and genuine caring of the members is what I love about this site.

Tora
05-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Lovely story Wendy. Thanks for the details and sharing!

linda allen
05-04-2011, 07:13 AM
Great story and great trip, but I'll bet the building has cameras. The gas station as well. Cameras are everywhere anymore.

BTW: Where and how did you get dressed outside your house? I was thinking of doing that, but it would be pretty difficult in a car, especially putting on makeup.

Wendy_Marie
05-04-2011, 07:51 AM
"Great story and great trip, (Thank You) but I'll bet the building has cameras. The gas station as well. Cameras are everywhere anymore.
(No doubt about that, Big Brother watches everything, but I have reached a level where I am comfortable with myself, who I am and the choice that I make...plus I just don't give a hoot about what most people think anymore...)
BTW: Where and how did you get dressed outside your house? (I live near a park which has rather nice bathrooms at the parking lot...I change in the ladies room and put my make up on in the car. Not very lady like, but I do what I have to to get my girl on.) I was thinking of doing that, but it would be pretty difficult in a car, especially putting on makeup." (Maybe not as difficult as you think...Most newer cars have very nice lighted vanity mirrors. Just find a secluded area of a big parking lot and go for it.Linda Allen

linda allen
05-04-2011, 09:03 AM
"Great story and great trip, (Thank You) but I'll bet the building has cameras. The gas station as well. Cameras are everywhere anymore.
(No doubt about that, Big Brother watches everything, but I have reached a level where I am comfortable with myself, who I am and the choice that I make...plus I just don't give a hoot about what most people think anymore...)
BTW: Where and how did you get dressed outside your house? (I live near a park which has rather nice bathrooms at the parking lot...I change in the ladies room and put my make up on in the car. Not very lady like, but I do what I have to to get my girl on.) I was thinking of doing that, but it would be pretty difficult in a car, especially putting on makeup." (Maybe not as difficult as you think...Most newer cars have very nice lighted vanity mirrors. Just find a secluded area of a big parking lot and go for it.Linda Allen

I had plans for my first time out but things didn't work out so it didn't happen. :sad:

I was going to have most of my clothes on but no wig or forms and go to a parking lot to finish up. There's a park I know of with an outhouse that I planned to use to freshen up or adjust whatever needed to be adjusted. Also, usually, outhouses are unisex or first come, first served.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting out when I had the chance.

Chickhe
05-04-2011, 09:24 AM
I believe the forgotten makeup wipes, I was waiting for the 'I forgot my male clothing' excuse... That's a fun adventure you had!

Amy Lynn3
05-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Great story Wendy, but I need to lose 31 pounds too...how did you do it?