PDA

View Full Version : Invited to a fashion show and I blew it!

Carroll
05-03-2011, 05:41 AM
I was asked to be part of a fashion show and and I blew it..I didn't go. I work at Sears and about once a month we have what is called "Friends and Family" night. The store is open extra hours on a Sunday and and everything is 10-20% off. One thing that we try to do is to make the event fun such as cooking hot dogs on the grill, talent shows, and the like. This last one it was decided that we would have a fashion show featuring some of our new spring clothing. One of the store managers was asking for people to be part of it. When she asked me, I told her one part says go for it, but the other part is saying not a snowball's chance in Hell. Later in the shift she tells me that there has been multiple request for me to participate. Like an idiot, I declined. After I got home and took a shower, I once again thought about going, but didn't. The next day I told her that if they do one again, give me a few days notice and I will "more than likely" do it. ( I have to mentally prepare for it..LOL) Mind you, this is all in fun and a way to get more customers in the store, and yes, most people at work know I am a cross-dresser.

Jill Devine
05-03-2011, 06:41 AM
Maybe it was best to decline. I suppose it depends on your career ambitions. Although people will request you to dress, they are just curious; but many of them could view you different after seeing you dressed. "If" you want long term promotions and want to be taken seriously at work, you might want to reconsider.

JenniferR771
05-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Owww! I hate when that happens--my courage fails me at the most crucial moment. Two years ago the girl(who knows about me) at the Goodwill store said they were taking application for volunteers to model in a fashion show at the store. Would have been a blast, but how to explain 6 hours absence to my unapproving wife?

t-girlxsophie
05-03-2011, 11:57 AM
as the great philosopher Homer Simpson once said DOH!

Carroll
05-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Maybe it was best to decline. I suppose it depends on your career ambitions. Although people will request you to dress, they are just curious; but many of them could view you different after seeing you dressed. "If" you want long term promotions and want to be taken seriously at work, you might want to reconsider.

I am not the least bit worried about that. Sears has an "industry-leading" anti-discrimination policy when it comes to LBGT and My dressing is accepted by almost all the people I work with and most have seen either a picture of me or have seen me dressed.

RADER
05-03-2011, 02:46 PM
You know what they say about Hind Site.........
Hope you have a second chance soon.
Rader

Elsa Larson
05-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Sears is the PERFECT place to work and shop.
They have quality hardware PLUS hosiery that fits my 6'1", 275# frame.

AKAMichelle
05-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Get that walk down right and work it down the catwalk.

rhonda
05-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi Carroll be careful and roll with the flow

Taylor186
05-03-2011, 08:58 PM
heh, I don't like surprise, instant decision requests either.