PDA

View Full Version : Second Gender Clinic appointment

Carole Cross
05-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Hi all, I have just got back from my second appointment at Charing Cross Gender Clinic. I was lucky I got there just in time after the coach (bus) was held up on the M3 motorway, or freeway, for over an hour. I had to ring them after I got off the coach to say I was on my way then I had to walk as fast as I could down Fulham Palace Road in my heels to make it on time, it took me about 5 minutes, instead of the normal 10, so I got there with time to spare :)

my next appointment is 10/10/11 at 11:15 am, sometime between now and then I should get my prescription for hormones :D

AKAMichelle
05-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Glad you made it in time. Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Rianna Humble
05-04-2011, 02:23 AM
Hi Carole, that must have been a worry for you wondering if you would ever get there on time. Glad you did make it and that it seems to have gone well :hugs:

The image of you doing a a sprint in heels boggles the mind :eek:, but not to worry - move over Roger Bannister :heehee:

Melody Moore
05-04-2011, 07:03 AM
I had to walk as fast as I could down Fulham Palace Road in my heels to make it on time,
it took me about 5 minutes, instead of the normal 10, so I got there with time to spare :)
You might have got there in 5 minutes, but I still think that when you have some serious heels on
& some distance to cover in them while you are rushing to get there then it would have felt longer
a lot longer than that & you must of been surprised to find that you got there with time to spare. ;)

Carole Cross
05-04-2011, 01:28 PM
I only had 2.5 inch heels on but they were stilletos and I didn't run, just walked very fast. I was quite suprised I had so much time to spare and hopefuly I won't have to do it again, my feet were a bit sore afterwards.

If my blood tests from last time are Ok, then I should be able to get a prescription for hormones when they send a letter to my GP :)

Robin Lee
05-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Carole,
Glade you made it to your appointment. The heels I hope tells them that you are for real. I just got approval from my therapist to my endocrinologist to start my HRT at my May 12th appointment with my endocrinologist.

Melody Moore
05-04-2011, 09:20 PM
2 & half inch heels ain't too bad then, just don't ever try doing it in 5" heels because then you will be in trouble &
running late. I have a pair of boots with 5" stiletto heels that look absolutely gorgeous that I only where out now
on very special occasions because walking any sort of distance of around 200 yards or more is absolute torture.
Not that you would wear shoes with that type of heel to an appointment at your gender clinic anyway. I don't think
they will take you very seriously if you did. But then again I have known some stranger things to happen at times. LOL
I wear low flat heeled sandal type shoes most of the time, so I can feel more comfortable if I have to walk any where.