PDA

View Full Version : Depressed by the weather

Leslie Langford
05-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Is it just me, or are others here also getting thoroughly fed up with the lousy weather that we've been having in most of the northern US and southern Canada for the last month or so? Where is spring? Seems more like "sprinter" (spring/winter), actually. I can probably count the number of sunny days since the beginning of April on the thumbs of one hand.

I'm dying to go out "en femme" wearing some of the new spring items I bought last month, but it's just been too @#$% cold and rainy, and I'm back to wearing my fall stuff. Pedicures and sandal weather? Hah!

Jeez, if I'd wanted to endure this type of unending sogginess, I would have moved to the Pacific Northwest ;). But at least, we aren't getting all those devastating tornadoes the poor folks in the southern US have had to contend with as part of these unstable weather systems.

Sorry for the rant, ladies, but sometimes a gurl'z just gotta unload and b%tch a little...:doh::sad::heehee:

kimdl93
05-03-2011, 01:41 PM
just the opposite down here. Houston, until last night, has been unseasonably hot and dry. The whole state is under a burn ban. So, yesterday, I was sitting poolside in a tank top and short linen skirt. Overnight, a cold front (alas - no rain) came through and I'm wearing a light sweater and slacks!

Send some of that rain our way, Leslie - we sorely need it!

willie
05-03-2011, 01:45 PM
I am depressed with the weater also. We just came back to the northwest from the south. 90 degree weather is great. Hugs sister

suzy1
05-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Over here in the U.K. it’s been hot and sunny for weeks now. Some sort of a record for this time of the year.
Hope that makes you feel better Leslie. I am a bit of a b***h.

Sorry, SUZY

Emily_3
05-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Over here in the U.K. it’s been hot and sunny for weeks now. Some sort of a record for this time of the year.
Hope that makes you feel better Leslie. I am a bit of a b***h.

Sorry, SUZY

I agree, it's been lovely for this time of year. however on the coast, the wind is quite chilly :)

Jilmac
05-03-2011, 02:10 PM
I feel your pain Leslie, I live in the Milwaukee area and I know Toronto is northeast but we share the Great Lakes and I think that's what is causing this up and down weather. I have been waiting for warm weather since last November but I should know better from living in Wisconsin my whole life. We only have two seasons, winter and August. We'll get one teaser day in the 70s and then it's back down into the 40s for a couple weeks. The only advantage to all the rain is green grass and buds on the trees.

Like you I also have a closet full of spring and summer clothes that are screaming to be worn but the cute summery skirts just don't go well with earmuffs. I just hope we don't get a May snowstorm.

Sara Jessica
05-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Yeah, this nearly 90 degree weather is really getting me down!!! ;)

Leslie Langford
05-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Yeah, this nearly 90 degree weather is really getting me down!!! ;)

Well, Jess, at least you can camp outdoors after the earthquakes and tsunamis hit and flatten everything, considering that you're living on borrowed time what with the San Andreas fault line and all...if the brush fires and coastal landslides don't get you first, that is...:tongueout back atcha!

Sara Jessica
05-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Well, Jess, at least you can camp outdoors after the earthquakes and tsunamis hit and flatten everything, considering that you're living on borrowed time what with the San Andreas fault line and all...if the brush fires and coastal landslides don't get you first, that is...:tongueout back atcha!

Such is the price of living in paradise!

Kathi Lake
05-03-2011, 02:41 PM
I miss SoCal! But then I remember that I just built a big, beautiful house on three-quarters of an acre of land - for less than a 'starter home' would cost in California. You know what? I'll take a little snow! :)

Kathi