PDA

View Full Version : You're a WHAT?! Really? But you're ...

Julie Denier
05-03-2011, 08:43 PM
I got to thinking about those of us currently closeted gals who feel we need to remain so for our own various reasons, and what physical and personality traits we may all possess that cause us to more easily avoid suspicion about our dressing activities. And as such, if we did come out to those close to us, how might they react?

In my case, it might go as follows:

"You're a crossdresser? But ... but you're ..."

- Fat
- Really tall
- You eat like a horse
- You smoke cigars
- You're kind of a slob
- You're boisterous
- You have road rage
- You yell at the TV during football and hockey
- You're a right-wing loudmouth
- You like trains
- You're often not discreet when passing gas

Yes, all this is true. But sometimes a fella needs a little break from these things.

Or to put it more simply, "Mongo like crossdressing!" :D

sweetjan
05-03-2011, 08:47 PM
i got a big:) over what you wrote. The Mongo line had me rolling!!!!!

Danielle.N
05-03-2011, 08:51 PM
That's the reaction I would get if I told someone, who has seen pictures of Danielle, that I used to be an all-state offensive lineman!

rocketscientist
05-03-2011, 08:55 PM
It really just goes to show that there are NO hard or fast rules for what we do. We are all different. We all dress for the same and different reasons. The reasons you listed could apply to ANYONE,male or female at birth. Peace and love, Tonya:battingeyelashes:

5150 Girl
05-03-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm a hot-rodder, and / or grease-monkey...
A guitar shredding rocker
Hmmm,, well that's about all my guy bassed hangups.

Fab Karen
05-03-2011, 09:06 PM
A guitar shredding rocker
Hmmm,, well that's about all my guy based hangups.
Introduces you to Joan Jett & Chrissie Hynde to name a couple.

Eryn
05-03-2011, 09:09 PM
"Mongo like crossdressing!"

OK, now I have to clean my screen! :)

Cheers, Eryn

t-girlxsophie
05-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Apart from being right wing.liking trains and having road rage (i cant drive) I can pretty much tick all your boxes Julie,just goes to show you can't always judge a book by it's cover

Sophie

Debb
05-03-2011, 09:27 PM
ROTFL! You've got me pegged, too ... and yeah, it is nice to take a break from all that "manliness" once in a while :-)

Julogden
05-04-2011, 12:24 AM
All those "qualities" can be applied to various GG's that I know too (except maybe liking trains), but no one questions their gender, so don't sweat it. ;)

Carol

Steph.TS
05-04-2011, 12:32 AM
a geek/too into computers...

Pythos
05-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Computer geek, gamer, Submarine nut (older diesel boats), Warbird lover, A&P mechanic, Classic car nut, Pilot.

But then again, none of those is really that gender specific.

EvelynGrace
05-04-2011, 01:36 AM
Computer geek, gamer, Submarine nut (older diesel boats), Warbird lover, A&P mechanic, Classic car nut, Pilot.

But then again, none of those is really that gender specific.

well, gamers tend to be classified as an overly masculine pasttime. at least in my circles.

erickka
05-04-2011, 05:40 AM
I am the exact same way as you, Julie. NO ONE would EVER believe me either! LOL.

JulietLewis
05-04-2011, 05:54 AM
LOL. Thanks for that!

AKAMichelle
05-04-2011, 08:50 AM
I had one person think that I was a biker dude. I guess we don't fit the stereotypes often which is why we should come out of the closet. Life is so much better on the other side.

joank
05-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Mongo like GUNS too.

Kaitlyn Michele
05-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Mongo look cute in picture. :)

Mongo make a great point. Kaitlyn's friends say that stuff too!

Frédérique
05-04-2011, 10:37 AM
"You're a crossdresser? But ... but you're ..."

I just want to say that, except for liking trains, NONE of your list rings true (in my case). It is fun to definitely step away from the male, but, to tell the truth, I don’t have far to go – I stepped away years ago, and I keep him at arm’s length. I now watch hockey games with the utmost decorum, usually with my legs crossed at the knee, sitting upright, idly fingering the hem of my skirt, while sipping a cup of tea, not making a sound. Often I wonder why I’m still watching hockey, but some old habits die hard -- I just imagine it as ballet…
:heehee:

Stacy Lyn
05-04-2011, 10:54 AM
WOW, It's true we do have a twin out there somewhere! LOL
Just add hot rods and warbirds to the list for me.

the_me
05-04-2011, 11:02 AM
This is too good! I love it!

But you love beer! :cheers:

RADER
05-04-2011, 11:13 AM
AH!!! How did you know that I liked Trains???
Rader

Julie Denier
05-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Mongo look cute in picture. :)

Awww, thanks ... Mongo impressed! ;)

Debra Russell
05-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Mongo really need to try on new dress !!

Alice Torn
05-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Funny thread!!! Sadly, the passing gas thing is a sad reality, especially for the male side, but, it was a sad realization to me, to find out that every living thing passes gas, and poops.

Alaceann
05-04-2011, 11:43 AM
I had one person think that I was a biker dude. I guess we don't fit the stereotypes often which is why we should come out of the closet. Life is so much better on the other side.

Well I am a biker with a full ZZ Top beard and 3 harlys. Not to forget the clasic car I own.

Sporco
05-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Well said. ...you go Mongo!

Detroit Molly
05-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Heh, Mongo just pawn in game of life...

See, this is one of my favorite things about being a Crossdresser. I'm pretty masculine in guy mode. I wear jeans and work shirts and motorcycle boots all the time, my style is pretty mid-century greaser. I collect and restore old motorcycles, wrench on cars all the time, collect antique military firearms (for which I even carry a Federal Firearms License), have a pretty mechanical/technical mind, play in a band, drink my coffee black and my bourbon straight...but goddamn do I love getting all dolled up and flouncing around town on a sunny day or going down to Janet's. It's the secret I like. No one would guess looking at me that I'm a crossdresser, and that is just delicious.

darla_g
05-04-2011, 12:07 PM
All those "qualities" can be applied to various GG's that I know too (except maybe liking trains), but no one questions their gender, so don't sweat it. ;)

Carol
i agree with Carol's comment here. So true. There is no model for the ultimate feminity

prettytoes
05-04-2011, 03:59 PM
A hunter, a gun totin' redneck, a scuba diver, like to ride ATV's, bowhunter, etc., etc., etc.!

Michaela42
05-04-2011, 04:11 PM
I am sure that there are many males out there that one would not expect to enjoy wearing frilly lace and taking a bath with scented oils . . . just like there are a great many females that do everything considered 'manly'.

While I do still enjoy watching football (and cringing every time one of my steelers does or says something stupid) I am gravitating more towards feminine past times now. Well, not so much gravitating towards but allowing myself to try them out ;)

kendra_gurl
05-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Julie sounds to me instead of the lipstick lesbian your lovely photos portray you might me a closet Butch Dyke. LMAO I have seen so many in lesbian clubs doing all those things and loving it

kendra_gurl
05-04-2011, 04:30 PM
A hunter, a gun totin' redneck, a scuba diver, like to ride ATV's, bowhunter, etc., etc., etc.!

Haha I actually once sat in a tree stand deer hunting while en femme and I so hated spraying everything with skunk coverup

Julie Denier
05-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Julie sounds to me instead of the lipstick lesbian your lovely photos portray you might me a closet Butch Dyke.

HA! No, I love my silks and satins. That's what makes this dichotomy so interesting!

Julie Denier
05-04-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm pretty masculine in guy mode ... but goddamn do I love getting all dolled up ... No one would guess looking at me that I'm a crossdresser, and that is just delicious.

Exactly, Molly! And remember ... Mongo straight! ;)

Detroit Molly
05-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Exactly, Molly! And remember ... Mongo straight! ;)

Hahahahahaha. Mongo have strong feelings for Sheriff Bart. Mongo may be straight, but truth be told, I'm not 100%. My sexuality is, shall we say, fluid. Which adds to the hilarity/deliciousness of my secrets.

Brenda456
05-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Badges? I don't need no stinking badges! I have a bra instead!

DanyaKay
05-04-2011, 08:02 PM
What a great thread. I like my torpedo Rocky Patels, jeeps, skydiving,hunting, any kind of gun. Before I started my own business I was a tournament quality trout fisherman on the Texas coast. Every once in a while I do take a client for a trip. It would be kinda fun to show up en femme and kick some good 'ol boy ass at a shoot or fishin' tourney. LOL.

BTW, why don't you sing us a good ol'....work song.

Detroit Molly
05-04-2011, 08:07 PM
BTW, why don't you sing us a good ol'....work song.

*Puts hat over heart
*Sings
I get no kick, from cocaine. Mere alcohol doesn't thrill me at all, 'cause I get a belt outta you...

Danielle.N
05-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Haha I actually once sat in a tree stand deer hunting while en femme and I so hated spraying everything with skunk coverup

Wow, hunting en femme! Sounds fun, but I best not try it in the areas we go. Redneck central!

Great thread, Julie! So in appreciation...Candygram for Mongo!

tamarav
05-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Ohh no. You just described 3 of the girls I work with...

busker
05-04-2011, 10:43 PM
hmmmm. I used to be a Colonel in the Confederate Air Force--does that make me MANLY??????? I had wings but was definitely NO angel.

Julie Denier
05-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Great thread, Julie! So in appreciation...Candygram for Mongo!

Mongo ... Santa Maria!

Thanks ;)

Detroit Molly
05-04-2011, 10:51 PM
hmmmm. I used to be a Colonel in the Confederate Air Force--does that make me MANLY??????? I had wings but was definitely NO angel.

Confederate Air Force? Consider this thread derailed! Tell me all about it :)

tabithavalentine
05-04-2011, 11:04 PM
One of the first things my wife said to me when I told her was "but you have no sense of style." I just smiled and said, "no, I'm just lazy. Big difference."

Julie Denier
05-04-2011, 11:15 PM
I like my torpedo Rocky Patels ...

Ahhh ... excellent choice!