PDA

View Full Version : Should I go shopping tomorrow

Jess6887
05-04-2011, 05:34 AM
I want to by so much stuff have a wardrobe make over, but have a small budget due to not working past 3 weeks

Danni Renee
05-04-2011, 06:05 AM
Well, going shopping is NEVER bad but if you have not worked in three weeks then being thrifty might be called for. Then again, maybe a new dress or outfit is just what you need to get that next job!

Wendy_Marie
05-04-2011, 08:00 AM
I agree with danni,
Only you can determine if your budget is going to allow this shopping spree...Its always nice to buy something new if it makes you feel good...I always have to be careful because my champagne tastes can quickly override my beer budget.

Kathi Lake
05-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Jess, I have been known to shop a little bit (Hey! I can hear you laughing out there! Don't make me . . .). :)

Seriously, do what I do, put aside a little bit every now and then into an envelope. I call it my "Girl Budget." When you see something pretty, look inside the envelope. Do you have enough? No? Darn. Oh well, trust me - there will always be something cute later. However, if you have no home, you have no closet. If you have no closet, you have no place for your pretty things. Understand?

Learn to budget, girl! That way you'll be able to have fun in the lean times and the times of plenty.

Kathi

Kim_Bitzflick
05-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Remember, Shopping and Buying are two different things.

Women shop just to enjoy the fun of trying on clothes, etc. But they don't buy it all the time.

In your case, you need to decide, BEFORE you buy, will you have enough money to eat, pay the rent, etc.