PDA

View Full Version : Went Grocery Shopping Alone

Sarasometimes
05-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Today I met my image consultant/friend Kerry for a bite at a Panera's and then went grocery shopping at noon. The place was super busy but I just did my shopping thing. I knew that I was well put together so that gave me a bit of extra confidence and I know I was read by several other shoppers but i also notice most were in thier own world. To those who are really comfortable this may seem dull but for me it was a great accomplishment. I must thank my friend because when I mentioned it she said go for it girl!! So I did. Although I'm closeted the family meal together was extra special knowing how good I looked shopping for it.

Brenda456
05-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Sounds like soooooooo much fun. Congratulations!

Persephone
05-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Sounds like a fun day, Sara! Congratulations!

Hugs,
Persephone.

vikki2020
05-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Congratulations! Taking that big step is kind of fun, isn't it! For some reason, grocery shopping is one of my fave things to do, when I'm out, usually to end my day. Pushing the cart around, in a skirt and heels, feels very "womanly", lol!

Dana921
05-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Congratulations! Remember whether you are read or not is not the point! You got out and enjoyed your time expressing how you wish! YOU WON! Whoo Hoo!

Dana

Sarasometimes
05-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Congratulations! Remember whether you are read or not is not the point! You got out and enjoyed your time expressing how you wish! YOU WON! Whoo Hoo!

Dana

Well put. And yes it does seem so womanly. I now understand how some really brave members can even do Home Depot, but my bonnet still goes off to them, still a bit over my comfort level.

Jilmac
05-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Grocery shopping is just one of the first baby steps one takes in coming out to the world. I can say from experience that most shoppers won't even give you a second glance, and if they do, just flash them a smile and go about your business. Self expression is enjoyable in any situation, ENJOY YOURS!

diannecourtney
05-08-2011, 08:57 AM
That's how I do mine in slacks and 2" heels or 3" boots, its my only strech so far. But it feels soooo good.

Saoirse
05-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Most folk couldn't care less. Those that do are fortunately few in number.

Carla4Guage
05-08-2011, 03:01 PM
One of my first outings was to a grocery store. Not terribly exciting, but one heck of a confidence builder. I know I was read by some and confused others, but I think the majority either didn't know or didn't care. Either way I felt fantastic. Always, push the envelope, you only grow when your doing something you never would try before.

sissystephanie
05-08-2011, 05:13 PM
In past years I shopped as Stephanie many times! Some times alone and sometimes with my wife. I never got read because my dear late wife was a makeup expert, who also fixed my wig. Now that she has has passed on, I still go out dressed as Stephanie! But with no wig and no makeup, because I am not good with either one! Been doing that for the past 6 years, and have no idea how many times I have been read! Obviously I am a man, but definitely wearing female clothing, usually from the skin out!! Most people don't care what you are wearing, as long as you are decently covered!! Of course teenage girls will laugh at me, but who cares! I dress to please myself, not the rest of the world!!

Kate Simmons
05-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Interesting Hon. I usually see at least two or three fellow sisters in the grocery store I work at every weekend. Most seem to get by okay and I never see any eyebrows raised by the other shoppers. I'm glad you had a good time.:)

Cindygirl65
05-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Congratulations Sara. Isn't it fun going out in drag? I usually go out alone and it is adventurous. Cindy.

propertyofashley
05-10-2011, 08:41 AM
I've been to Walmart a couple times dressed enfemme. It's so much fun isn't it.

celeste26
05-10-2011, 09:00 AM
If we think of these trips as special then we make them out to be something that is a challenge, but in fact these trips are really very ordinary (except the clothes are different).

I go the grocery store several times a week but maybe once en femme and it is special? NO, just another ordinary trip to the grocers.

anonymousinmaryland
05-10-2011, 07:18 PM
And it gets easier EVERY time you go out. Congrats!

Wendy_Marie
05-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Sara,
This is on my list of short term goals as well....Hope my adventure goes as well as did yours. Congrats.

Sarasometimes
05-10-2011, 09:53 PM
I go out to many clothing stores and salons but the grocery store is so mainstream. The truth is that most of the other shoppers never even noticed that there were other shoppers there too.

NathalieX66
05-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Congratulations, Sara!
The initial first time is always a bit of a fright. I remember the first time I went grocery shopping, actually not far from you. All I remember was buying bananas, a quart of Haagen Dasz ice cream, and microwave popcorn, and being ultra conscious of the big burly construction workers and their gilrfriends/wives in the checkout line, which they hardly paid attention to me, and the cashier referred to me as ma'am. Maybe I fly under the radar because I'm 5'6" , but nowadays I hardly get noticed, and if I do, I really don't care.
Keep doing it, and have fun!

diannecourtney
05-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Love to shop in the grocery store, especially in my boots and pin stripped feminine slacks and 36c bustline.