PDA

View Full Version : "Your Beautiful!"

TxKimberly
05-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Well that's a first! I'm sitting in the Austin airport waiting for my flight to Detroit and I just had a very pretty young woman go out of her way to come and sit next to me. I glanced up to find her looking at me and she broke into a huge smile and told me "You look beautiful!"
Wow, she just made my day, or my entire week for that matter!
Do you think she would freak if I ran over and hugged her? :D

Kim_Bitzflick
05-05-2011, 11:14 AM
I think she just confirmed what we all know.

RachelOKC
05-05-2011, 11:15 AM
You know, if more people said words like that to random strangers then the world might just be a better place. Always nice to see when someone does their little bit to make it so.

TGMarla
05-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Hmpfff! Some girls have all the luck! :D

(What were you wearing?)

Michelle.M
05-05-2011, 11:22 AM
You know, if more people said words like that to random strangers then the world might just be a better place. Always nice to see when someone does their little bit to make it so.

You know what? That's a good idea! I will do that more often myself.

Julogden
05-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Was it on Monday? Monday was Hug a Trans-Person day, maybe she was too shy to give a hug but wanted to be supportive? Regardless, that would have been an incredibly wonderful thing to experience, and from what I can see, it was deserved. :)

I had essentially the same experience a few times back when I used to get out more frequently, and it always special beyond describing.

Carol

SherriePall
05-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Kim -- Good for you! But we have been telling you that for ages. When that affirmation comes from a pretty GG, then it's really special.

TxKimberly
05-05-2011, 11:39 AM
It was about half an hour ago. :-)

You know, I was in boy mode and standing in line in an airport one day a couple of years ago when an elderly woman tapped me on the shoulder from behind.
"You know, I just had to tell you that you have the neatest blue eyes that I have ever seen." she told me
She was probably in her mid to late seventies and I would have been in my early forties, so I dont think she was flirting. She was just saying something kind and wonderful to a complete stranger. I still feel warm and fuzzy several years later thinking about this ladies surprising compliment

I think it's a wonderful idea to tell someone that they are beautiful - it is such a neat gift to give.

Mary Morgan
05-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Kimberly, The only surprise is that this doesn't happen every time you go anywhere. Still it is a wonderful thing and you are more than deserving.

SamanthaS
05-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Who knows ;) You should have tried and see what happened. Why isn't this incident on your blog young lady?

Christina Horton
05-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Well you know the funnest or weirdest compliment I ever got way when I was in drab and canvassing door to door for a charity and it was like 110 Degrees out and I was sweating like a pig. A young women opened the door I went through my speel and then she said, " You have a very pleasant body odder". I was stunned and then said , " But I'm sweating like crazy" She said " yes but you smell great and I like the musk you naturally have". Now I thought she was just weird but since then when I'm sweating like crazy I have heard the very same complement like a dozen times. It is neat when you get a complement out of the blue. I have also fond I'm a complement ***** when I'm out as Christina and I almost beg for them. So I try to complement women when ever I can cuz I know how much it means to them .

As for you looks.....As we all have said before Your goreusoe hun. Do you belive it NOW.

Philipa Jane
05-05-2011, 02:23 PM
I think she could see your inner beauty shining through.
PJ

suzy1
05-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Kimberly, I have seen your pictures and I must say I am not surprised.
I think your smile has something to do with it as well as your looks.

SUZY

Kathi Lake
05-05-2011, 04:17 PM
What a wonderful - and fulfilling - compliment. Be sure to take that gem with you, and pull it out from time to time when you don't feel especially beautiful. By the way - she's right, of course!

:)

Kathi

kimdl93
05-05-2011, 04:44 PM
That young lady recognized and appreciated a really beautiful woamn. Just goes to show that there are a lot of really great people in this world.

bethw
05-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Kim;
I very rarely post on these boards lately, but I have to say that you are one of the most pretty girls I have ever seen. Ldet me know if you'd likde to "talk".
Hugs
Beth

TxKimberly
05-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Thank you everyone for your more than generous comments. :D

I think that is an AWESOME idea. I have got the courage up once or twice to tell a stranger that I thought she was pretty, but I sometimes hesitate worrying that it might make them uncomfortable.

Hmpfff! Some girls have all the luck! :D

(What were you wearing?)

Come on out with me Marla, I'll bet you get at least as many comments as I might. :)

Who knows ;) You should have tried and see what happened. Why isn't this incident on your blog young lady?
It will be Samantha, it will be! I usually post my blog a few days after I complete a trip, and this trip just started.

What a wonderful - and fulfilling - compliment. Be sure to take that gem with you, and pull it out from time to time when you don't feel especially beautiful. By the way - she's right, of course!

:)

Kathi

No kidding there Kathi! I know everyone here is probably sick to death of hearing my whining, but I really have been going through a bit of a phase where I honestly do not feel at all attractive. I look in the mirror and see an old and wrinkled person where Kimberly used to be. This was a VERY welcome confidence booster. :)

Lori B
05-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Well that's a first! I'm sitting in the Austin airport waiting for my flight to Detroit and I just had a very pretty young woman go out of her way to come and sit next to me. I glanced up to find her looking at me and she broke into a huge smile and told me "You look beautiful!"
Wow, she just made my day, or my entire week for that matter!
Do you think she would freak if I ran over and hugged her? :D

awwwwwww :) .......and you do

Tora
05-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Oh you never trust the opinions here, yet some dufuss stranger turns you on!
Our buddy, yup.

TxKimberly
05-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Oh you never trust the opinions here, yet some dufuss stranger turns you on!
Our buddy, yup.

LOL

This IS a support forum and people often say things to be kind. A complete stranger commenting out of the blue though IS kind of a different matter though.

Robin Lee
05-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Kimberly,
Real beauty keeps changing as we age. The problem with us is that we all live in our past and never recognize our inter-beauty in our looking glass mirror. Its hard to step back and look at our selves. Your gorgeous girl stop looking in that mirror!

Best Wishes
Robin Lee

Ash Leland
05-05-2011, 06:53 PM
UM.....not so sure if she would freak if you ran and hugged her, but I get the feeling! I was in this drag show a few weeks before going home for the summer and a few days later this high school girl told me she really liked my skirt and my act was "dramatic and convincing" (all I did was lipsync a Poe song and a Shivaree song...). I totally wanted to hug her, also! Got buzzed from that for like a week.

And judging from your avatar pic and I can see why the girl in the airport would think that!

tamarav
05-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I think you might be the last person to accept it, you are beautiful! And no, she would probably just hug you back. Women are like that.. I would give you a hug if I was there.

Miranda09
05-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Seems like that is such a rare thing to experience Kimberly. Couldn't happen to a nicer person. It' is funny tho that it seems women are more apt to provide a nice compliment than men!!! :)

TGMarla
05-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Come on out with me Marla, I'll bet you get at least as many comments as I might. :)

You know I'd love to do that! Seriously! And you're only one state away. Unfortunately, that state is TEXAS!!!!

DeeDeeB
05-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Aside from the obvious fact that she was right, one thing natural women do is compliment each other when appropriate. It is something I've been trying to learn and emulate. I've experienced it too like "love your shoes, where did you get them?" If we all practiced random acts of kindness the world would be a much better place. Women are much better at that than men, so we CDs need to catch up.

Dee :fairy1:

Fab Karen
05-05-2011, 08:25 PM
( Bite your tongue about posessive, Karen... )
I suspect she may have read you & wanted to compliment your good looks.
Now, running over and tackling her I suspect would be bad form. Saying thank you followed with,"can I give you a hug?" would probably be acceptable.

TxKimberly
05-05-2011, 08:39 PM
You know I'd love to do that! Seriously! And you're only one state away. Unfortunately, that state is TEXAS!!!!

So what are you trying to say? Huh? What? You don't like Texas or something? Why I ought to . . . laugh, because your right about most of the state. The Austin area however, is pretty much as cool, open minded, and accepting as any place in the country. I might also be willing to live in the Dallas area, but I think I'd have trouble talking myself in to living in most other parts of Texas.

t-girlxsophie
05-05-2011, 10:02 PM
See the guy in everyone is coming out in this thread :heehee: seriously though it must be nice to get such comments,especially coming from a GG.I hope the rest of your trip goes as well as the start of it has

Sophie

Parker0429
05-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Beautiful is an understatement. I would go with gorgeous. Breathtaking.

Chickhe
05-05-2011, 10:39 PM
I would be suspicious... I'm a skeptic. I would probably be too shocked, but I would want to ask why she said it... was she saying it because she read me, just because, because it was say something nice to a random person day etc...? It is nice to get a complement no matter the reason though. I once got 'don't let anyone ever tell you that you are ugly'... a complement, but wondering why that thought entered their mind. ..oh, in your case she was probably right.

TxKimberly
05-06-2011, 05:15 AM
... was she saying it because she read me,. . ..

I've told everyone here over and over that my pics are deceiving. The photo's would lead you to beleive that I am 100% passable, but the reality isn't quite so good. I still dont know why as I dont edit the photo's, but the camera does seem to be kind to me.
I have zero doubt that she read me and knew frull well that she was talking to a male. Still, I don't think that detracts from the compliment and may even enhance it. It's one thing to tell a woman she is beautiful as she is socially "expected" to strive for this. It is another thing entirely to be willing to tell a male that he is pretty. As far as I am concerned, whether she read me or not, it's a win-win for me and I get to grin like an idiot for the next few months every time I think on it. Like Kathy advised, I'm gonna stow that one away for a rainy day and pull it out every time I feel fat, old, and ugly. LOL

Paula_56
05-06-2011, 05:19 AM
We're no different than cis-gendered women, this makes all the beauty prep worth while!!! Go for you go girl!!!!

Andrea's Lynne
05-06-2011, 05:22 AM
There's no doubt ....She's right!!!

erickka
05-06-2011, 05:28 AM
She just called the kettle black! Usually we can't see what others can, and after all, you ARE a beautiful lady!

Kaz
05-06-2011, 05:33 AM
Hey Kimberly, the answer from this lady is a clear statement.... whether we pass or not I don't know... that for me is big blocker... do we get to live the life we would like to?

There are loads of women out there who embrace cross-dressing... A guy at work has recently come out... his biggest support base is from the girls. The boys just look embarrassed.

Kimberley you continue to be a beacon... I am always in awe!

I suspect our greatest friends are girls...

DanyaKay
05-06-2011, 06:42 AM
Well if you got it flaunt it! You go girl. I envy those whose take the time and care to become passable. TGMarla seems to be a piece of eye candy as well. WooHoo! Keep up the most excellent work and post your comments. It gives hope to everyone else that is working just as hard.

Megan70
05-06-2011, 07:02 AM
I know what you feel like, a year ago I was checking out at the counter at Fashion Bug with a new SA that I hadn't met yet that did not know me and accept me both ways; when i introduced myself I asked her name and told her my true gender and her mouth dropped and she too said ' you're beautiful'. Shook my hand, had a big smile and I new then I was accepted to the all secret society of GG's.( even as a faux one)
good going Girl, feels great doesn't it?

Jenny Doolittle
05-06-2011, 07:15 AM
So often, Beauty is simply confidence in who you are, and that is certainly you Kimberly

TGMarla
05-06-2011, 09:00 AM
So what are you trying to say? Huh? What? You don't like Texas or something? Why I ought to . . .

Um....I was merely suggesting that although we're only one state apart, that it's a mighty big state. So it's still a hike. And yeah, Austin is a very cool place. Have you put up a statue to ol' Stevie Ray Vaughn yet? You should!

(And Johnny Winter, too!)

insearchofme
05-06-2011, 09:50 AM
I've told everyone here over and over that my pics are deceiving. The photo's would lead you to beleive that I am 100% passable, but the reality isn't quite so good.

As one who has seen Kim and that "guy", both. Let me tell you that if she isn't 100% passable she's around 99% passable. Her inner beauty shines in girl mode or guy mode. She just a lot prettier in girl mode.

Great begining to hopefully a fun trip!

dana

steftoday
05-06-2011, 03:48 PM
well, everyone here knows it to be true!!

well, what were you wearing at the time too? killer smile and great clothes??

JaytoJillian
05-06-2011, 03:55 PM
And why on earth are you surprised at that comment????!!!

Kristitx555
05-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Kim,
The Dallas area would be blessed to have you up here! You are an inspiration to me and to many others I'm sure. Isn't the world a much more beautiful and comfortable place to be in when we go out of our way to be kind and say kind things to one another? Lets all hold hands...(I'm being serious here)... I feel a song coming on... *smile*

Leanne2
05-06-2011, 05:52 PM
I try to compliment a stranger every day if I can. It makes me feel good as well. Leanne

Tora
05-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Kim, Sorry about my snide remark. Of course your pals here are impressed with your fem-beauty, and big heart, not to mention your exploits. Many of us open a session here with the hope that "Kim is posting a story, with photos". So if the camera is kind, keep it.

skirtsuit
05-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Its great, isn't it?

You are special, she knew it, and found a great way to say so!

I only gets compliments on my looks when en femme. When a complete stranger said 'I love your dress' to me on a street corner, I only wanted to dress even more!

Your story is another reason why CDing is sooooo much fun - lots of women love it.

Best, SS

Jilmac
05-06-2011, 07:36 PM
If it had been me, she would have taken one look at my ugly puss and gone AAARRRGGGHHH!

Barbra P
05-06-2011, 10:17 PM
All I can say is I wish I had the confidence to fly en femme. I’m new on the forum and I’m amazed at how good some of the women, yourself included, look. I can see I have more work to do.

Edwina
05-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Kim
The young Lady was not looking at your photograph, she was looking at you!!!!!!!!!!
So stop being so hard on yourself.
I have similar compliments a couple of times myself, reported elsewhere, and it was the most wonderful feeling. You deserve it.:)

aprilgirl
05-07-2011, 09:20 AM
I've told everyone here over and over that my pics are deceiving. The photo's would lead you to beleive that I am 100% passable, but the reality isn't quite so good. I still dont know why as I dont edit the photo's, but the camera does seem to be kind to me.

Both M and I have seen you in person Kimberly and it ain't no magic camera. You are beautiful, but I'm sure it sounded much better coming from the woman at the airport..lol.

CaitlynRenee
05-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Kimberly, You look stunning to say the least. Why does Austin get all the pretty girls?? Not to say San Antonio doesn't have it's share, but.........Geeeeee Whizzzzz

And Marla.........

Texas really IS a big state. No excuse not to come here girl, you'd be welcome!

5150 Girl
05-07-2011, 04:24 PM
The world would be a better place if people were more free with compliments. However, in this day and age I think people are afraid to say what's on their minds due to sexual harrasment issues and the like. (but then again, there are times when that could be a good thing to)

jodylynn113
05-09-2011, 03:58 AM
So what are you trying to say? Huh? What? You don't like Texas or something? Why I ought to . . . laugh, because your right about most of the state. The Austin area however, is pretty much as cool, open minded, and accepting as any place in the country. I might also be willing to live in the Dallas area, but I think I'd have trouble talking myself in to living in most other parts of Texas.

Being a product of TEXAS I agree and disagree outside of Dallas and Austin. It is pretty dangerous to be TG nto necessarily from the lynching (TEXAS hasnt devolved that far) but from a general feeling of unwelcomeness because you are unique and not a sheep