PDA

View Full Version : 2 days post op

Teri Jean
05-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone, I just wanted to drop a note to say the surgery went well and the docs and nurses were fantastic. For your information I did get the GRS and BA at the same time. Dr Bowers and Dr Beck did a fantastic job. The healing is going well and tomorrow I will be up and walking. Take care and wish you all the best. :D:love::hugs: Teri

abigailf
05-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Congrats. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Maria in heels
05-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Teri...glad to hear that you are doing well, and everything is fine! hope that you are up and out very soon !

crystalann
05-05-2011, 09:38 PM
:)Best of everything Terri, and have a speedy recovery:cheer:

Eryn
05-05-2011, 10:17 PM
So glad to hear from you and that everything went well! Hope your recovery is swift and uneventful!

Inna
05-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Awesome news Teri Jean, Marci is the Mama of GRS and phenomenal surgeon. By the way, happy mothers day to you babe. Are you now in the SF bay area?

StaceyJane
05-05-2011, 10:28 PM
That is such great news. I'm so happy for you!

Kaitlyn Michele
05-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Teri I am so happy to hear you are ok.

all the best!

Marissa
05-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Wish you all the best in recovery..and the new discovery.. in beng you.. :) not sure if you would understand but I shed a tear in your lost..and smile in your new discovery... :)

Jorja
05-06-2011, 06:15 AM
I wish you all the best in recovery. Now life begins anew. Enjoy!

Teri Ray
05-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to womanhood.

Nicki S
05-06-2011, 07:11 AM
That is great news to hear that everything went well for you. I hope recovery is quick and painless for you. Congrats!!

morgan51
05-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Congratulations wishing all the best for a speedy recovery! Happy for you.

Traci Elizabeth
05-06-2011, 07:34 AM
I am so happy for you Teri. And to get both done at the same time is wonderful. I hope your recovery is speedy and that you start your new life with a BANG!

Hugs,
Traci

PretzelGirl
05-06-2011, 07:55 AM
I am glad that all is going well Teri. I hope the recovery continues well for you. A new beginning!

Sara Jessica
05-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Congrats Teri, best wishes for your continued healing!!! :)

Holly
05-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Congratulations, Teri. Praying for a speedy and complete recovery.

Kathi Lake
05-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Although I'm not an 'official' greeter, I welcome you to a new chapter in your life, Teri. May you find the peace, joy, and whatever else you were looking for through this ordeal. Heal quickly!

:)

Kathi

SherriePall
05-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Teri -- Hope that your recovery continues to go well and that you find happiness and peace in your new life. And, please, don't be a stranger and visit here every so often.

Rianna Humble
05-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Great news Terri! I knew you would come through it with flying colours! Hope you have a speedy recovery and can soon get on with enjoying the first days of the rest of your life :bighug:

LisaM
05-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Teri, Congratulations and Good Luck on your journey!

kristinacd55
05-06-2011, 12:53 PM
That's fantastic Teri! Love to hear news like that.... :)

Jessinthesprings
05-06-2011, 03:50 PM
yay! I'm so happy for you. Wish you the best!

Stephanie Clarke
05-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Congrats.. Wishing you all the best in this new phase of your life...

Zenith
05-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Grats, Beck's operation is an improvement over the Trinidad recovery system. It's weird though that Beck took over all the BAs...I inquired about Marci doing my BA since she did my SRS, but nope...she deferred to Beck. Anyway may not do that depending on how Progesterone works.

Heal, get past the unpacking/first dilation, and you'll be out and about before you know it... :D

Sharon
05-06-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm thrilled that you're doing well, Teri, but I'm especially thrilled for you that you finally have this "pre-" stuff out of the way and you are just you now. :hugs:

Lorileah
05-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Great news ....heal fast!

Terri Andrews
05-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Thank You so much for sharing your journey with us , I so admire you ,God Bless

Michelle I
05-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Congratulations, you go girl!

Persephone
05-06-2011, 09:26 PM
:love::cheer::cheer::ch::balloons::balloons::clap2 ::bh::bh::jump:

Hi Terri! Sorry I got to the party late, but I did bring balloons!

Have a wonderful, terrific and speedy recovery!!!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Longing2be-Trisha
05-07-2011, 03:45 AM
That is so awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

Lots of Hugs!!!

erika130
05-07-2011, 03:51 AM
I'm always so happy to hear these news, so Congratulations from this side of the world ! :) I hope this new chapter in life brings you the happiness & peace you deserve , & of course a good recovery

Kelsy
05-07-2011, 04:35 AM
Happy News Teri! Glad all went well.

kellycan27
05-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Congrats Teri. Wishing you God's speed for a speedy recovery.

Kel

Marcia Blue
05-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Congrats Terri,
Heal quickly and continue enjoying life.
Hugs,

Laurie Ann
05-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Teri I am happy for your successful surgery. I am looking forward to hearing about new life.

Maddie22
05-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Congrats Teri!!! I hope your new life brings you all the joys you deserve!!

AKAMichelle
05-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Glad things are going well

Veronica_Jean
05-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Teri,
Congratulations on how well it is going and getting everything in place. I know you will recover soon and enjoy everything your future has to hold.

Veronica

Aprilrain
05-07-2011, 10:40 PM
get well soon! oh wait you DID that, well I hope the pain goes away swiftly and your back on your feet in no time.

Alicia Ryanne
05-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Welcome to Taco Town :)

Wish you all the best and speedy recovery!

MAJESTYK
05-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Congrats, a great big hug and get well and about quickly!

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
05-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Its great that everything is going well. Listen to the doctors and especially the nurses. Don't push anything. Time is on your side. Heal!!

Zenith
05-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Welcome to Taco Town :)

Wish you all the best and speedy recovery!

Sorry...I just had to... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8sZ1DWsAHE

CharleneT
05-08-2011, 11:36 AM
OH what a feeling it is (sorry Toyota, had to steal it), congrats, and here's to a speedy recovery !

:bighug2:

Teri Jean
05-08-2011, 04:23 PM
To all my friends, I have been healing and just turned on the laptop to see this response and it has brought more tears than you can know. The whole process has been beautiful, as my sister-in-law would put it. The outcome has been extra ordinary and Marci and Joel did a wonderful job. The support of my friends at home, family and my extended family (you-all)has made this part of my journey so special. I wish there was a better way to show my love for each of you but this will have to be it for now.

I'm at the recovery house as we speak and on Tuesday I will be going back to my hotel for the next four days. For the girls in the bay area I am going to be at the Holiday Inn Express, San Francisco South. If you want to call just ring me at 507-381-2624. Saturday morning I will be returning to the airport and flight home at 6am. The flight leaves at 7:55 on Delta non-stop to Minneapolis and from there to my home. I have to say one more thing, that is how much I love aech of you and will cherish your friendships forever. Hugs, Kisses, Love, and of course a nice drink (brandy and water). Teri

Eryn
05-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Teri, I'm so glad that everything is going perfectly for you! Take it easy and get home healthy!

Hugs, Eryn

Kelsy
05-08-2011, 04:37 PM
I wish I was there to share a drink with you Teri! You deserve it!

Hugs Kelsey

Rianna Humble
05-09-2011, 12:43 AM
Hi Teri, I'm glad everything went so well for you and that you are recovering OK.

I'm a bit too far to join you at your hotel for those drinks (brandy and water is 2 drinks isn't it?) so I'll have to raise a virtual glass to your continued recuperation. :cheers: :drink:

Laurie Ann
05-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Teri I would like to toast your successful surgery. I however like to toast you with a dirty Grey Goose martini up.

renee k
05-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Congrats, Terri on taking another step towards being your true self. I wish you a speedy and healthy recovery.

Renee

SusanMarie
05-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Your surgery went well, your're home, you are 'yourself'...I can feel it...Minnesota is now a better place.

Teri Jean
05-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Hi everyone, this past couple days has been wonderfully great. Taco is correct, LOL ROTF, that is so bad, giggles. I did get up this morning and had breakfast, dialated, showered and dressed for a return to the hospital. This time it was as a visitor of a gal I met from Minnesota that had her surgery yesterday. Jessica did well and she had her family and SO there to be with her also. Then it was back to the hotel and rest.

I did get a note from my supervisor today asking how I was doing, he's been so supportive. I told him much the same but added the following. "I have found I am much smarter now after the surgery. Do you know why? Ready?............................................ .............................................. Because women are smarter then men." LOL He will split a gutt tomorrow when he reads his mail.

Thank you all, and BTW I am still here!!!!!!!! Hugs Teri

"Mary"
05-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Very happy for you Teri. Sounds like you are doing great. Best wishes for your return home. You seem to have transitioned so well already, I'm betting that no one will even notice, since this is invisible to most everyone.

Rianna Humble
05-12-2011, 02:42 AM
Nice to see you're well enough to use your great sense of humour

Persephone
05-12-2011, 02:56 AM
It is great to hear from you, Teri, and to hear that things are going well! Get plenty of rest and follow doctor's orders! Please keep us informed.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Jennifer Marie P.
05-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Terri have a speedy recovery and welcome to womanhood.

joank
05-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Teri,
Congrads and as all have said, 'a speedy recovery'.

Teri Jean
05-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Last night after a minor set back and another cath installed a friend stopped by and we hung out in the hotel for 4-1/2 hrs and visited. Allie and I had planned to get out last night for awhile but beings I was not going anywhere she was gratious and we talked for ever. Thank you Allie you are a dear.

The set back had to do with extra swelling and not being able to pee. Nothing to be concerned with now but it was very uncomfortable for a while. Tomorrow I will be flying home and Then I can get back to a more normal routine. Thank you all for your support and kind thoughts. Hugs Teri

Rianna Humble
05-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Sorry to hear you hafd a setback, glad it was not too serious. Will your own doctor be continuing the care when you go home?

Teri Jean
05-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Yes he will as I have to see him when I get there anyway. Just excess swelling. time will give me reduced swelling. It happwns rarely but then I'm special. LOL

pamela_a
05-13-2011, 04:06 PM
You always have to be difficult don't you girl? :hugs: Have a safe trip home sis

AllieSF
05-13-2011, 04:11 PM
It was quite an experience meeting you yesterday afternoon. My, how time flies when you are into a deep and meaningful conversation. You are definitely a wonderful person and having that chance to meet and talk with you was a rare and treasured opportunity for me. Have a safe trip home and keep in touch. We still need to go out to dinner here in San Francisco to celebrate your accomplishments. Hugs ..... Allie

jennifer easton
05-13-2011, 04:49 PM
thats awesome news Teri, so glad your doing well, speedy recovery and good health! Jenni

Laurie Ann
05-14-2011, 12:40 PM
I hope your setback is minor and does not hinder your recovery.

Teri Jean
05-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Well ladies this post has been so supportive and the feeling is so wonderful. I have made the journey home with little discomfort and was met by a GF who was watching my car for me. She and her SO are so sweet, they had pulled together a surprise party and yet through this all they were there. While at San Mateo I had family and friends who came in for my surgery and they know how much it has ment to me as the the mountains of kleenex built in my room. Dr. Bowers and Dr. Beck were so wonderful, their staff were over the top and the hospital and recovery staff excellent. I had the opportunity to meet a sister that had her date the day before me, she lives in Key West, congrats Laura. Then there was a gal from my state there who followed me by 5 days and Jessica was doing well when I dropped in on her the day after her surgery.

This morning When I woke the day started at 4am and now it is close to midnight. I rested when I got home but this had to be sent and to say take you all. Allie the time together was so wonderful, thank you dear. So with this being said I would like to say just one more time. HUGS with Kisses and wish you all the best. Teri

Rianna Humble
05-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the update. Now please remember just because you're at home doesn't mean you can overdo it, take some Teri Jean time to recuperate.

Eryn
05-15-2011, 12:35 AM
^^^ What Rianna said! ^^^

Glad you made it home safe, but take it easy for a while! Leave the heavy stuff for later! :)

Longing2be-Trisha
05-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Welcome home Teri!

So glad you made it home ok and that your friends had a nice surprise for you! Get plenty of rest.

Hugs and Kisses!

Teri Jean
05-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Well ladies I am listening and a GF of mine has just found herself unemployed so I asked if she wanted some side work. So things like lawn work, painting, carpet replacement and a raised herb and vegetable garden. Now she has the know how and I have the ability to design and execute via her abilities so over dinner tonight we have come to a friendly agreement. Of course there has to be a mutual agreement so no one gets hurt but I am thinking by working together it will work out well.

I will be taking my Teri Jean timeouts and it is good to relax everytime one gets wore down. Thanks for your thoughts. Hugs Teri

Starling
05-19-2011, 04:56 AM
I'm late getting on this bandwagon, Teri Jean, but it's great to hear that everything went smoothly and you're already back home, resting up in your pretty new body. I must confess to the slightest bit of envy mixed with my admiration for your courage and determination, but it would never interfere with my wishing you a speedy recovery and a fulfilling new life!

:) Lallie

Teri Jean
05-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Lallie and others, it has been going great since I got home and the fact I'm in my own bed at the end of the day makes it so much more wonderful. Sounds petty but it does have a special feeling. Yes there is discomfort as the healing process moves forward but it is managed with Advil. I have a post-op physical with my GP tomorrow afternoon and then a dinner date with my nail technician (she is such a sweety). It is great to have the time to recover without a set schedule of work.

Allie, your visit and the time we had together was so wonderful. The imprint went deep, I am still trying to get use to the outpouring of support. The fact that you not only took the time to come over with an hour drive each way but the friendship that flowed still makes me smile deeply knowing we had a great time just talking.
Hugs sis.

One never realizes just how many people we touch in our pursuit of our everyday lives and if we have the resources of time use them wisely. Reach out to support and help those we meet along our paths each day. I had a great support group while there and it was not un-noticed. You all held my hand and brushed the tears from my cheeks as I made this final physical change, I will forever hold this tight to my breasts as the true sign of friendship. Nervousness is understandable and tears of joy can be an outward declaration of feelings but the imprint on the heart cannot be seen but felt. You all could not be physically there but the fact you were through your support and kind words made that imprint so pronounced.

Thank you all, and forever have my love. Hugs Teri

Melody Moore
05-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Hi Teri, I am glad to hear that things are progressing well for you & that others have been there for you.

Good Luck & I will always look forward to reading your updates. :hugs:

Rianna Humble
05-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi Teri, thank you for the update, I'm glad it is still going well for you, you deserve it!

Will you let us know how the physical goes, please?

If a few of us have been able to support you with our thoughts and prayers over this time, it is still not enough to repay the kindness and encouragement you have shown to others on this forum.

Eryn
05-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Teri, I'm glad to hear that your road has been smooth. Good luck with that physical and keep us posted on your progress!

Teri Jean
05-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Eryn, the road is smoother if you drive a 100 mph. LOL Seriously I have had my share of bumps and difficulties but all in all the support I have gotten here as well as the friends I have here at home has carried me through a lot of stuff.

The physical is just a general after care type physical but the swollen foot does concern me. Thanks.

Persephone
05-20-2011, 02:57 AM
The physical is just a general after care type physical but the swollen foot does concern me. Thanks.

Hi Teri,

Glad to hear that things are mostly going quite well for you. Will continue to hold you in thoughts and prayers.

When you find out, please let us know what is going on with your foot.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Teri Jean
05-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Just a quick update, the swollen foot is not attributed to a clot and the resulting recommendation from the Dr. is compression socks for a couple weeks. WoooHoooo. It required a evening out for dinner with a gf who I have as a nail tech. Home and rest is in order. Have a great weekend. Teri

Melody Moore
05-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Just a quick update, the swollen foot is not attributed to a clot and the resulting recommendation from the Dr. is compression socks for a couple weeks.
I had compression stockings & SCDs (Sequential compression devices) commonly called SCUDS on my lower legs
when I was in hospital recently for my gall bladder operation because of the increased risk of clotting after surgery.

Do they use these at all in the post-op stages after your GRS Teri?

Persephone
05-21-2011, 02:41 AM
Just a quick update, the swollen foot is not attributed to a clot and the resulting recommendation from the Dr. is compression socks for a couple weeks. WoooHoooo.

That's great! Thanks for the update!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Teri Jean
05-21-2011, 11:06 AM
I think the doc wanted to prevent any problems and after wearing them yesterday I took them off, washed them and hung them to dry last night. This morning the swelling is down and they fell better. I will follow the regimate for the next couple weeks as I will be going to the Be-All conference then and I don't want huge feet there. LOL.

Kaitlyn Michele
05-22-2011, 12:22 PM
still thinking of you teri jean.. best wishes for a continued recovery!

Rianna Humble
05-22-2011, 12:27 PM
What she said!

:bighug:

Starling
05-22-2011, 02:39 PM
We want you to feel swell, TJ, not swollen!

Teri Jean
05-22-2011, 07:51 PM
The swelling has decreased by 75% and it has just been two days. I also found my weight has dropped 5lbs as I have been loosing water weight. I still drink two to three liters of water each day as well as my coffee and or tea. So the thought it was more water retention than something more has me thinking the doctor realized this when the stockings were prescribed. I have been feeling great and the healing has been remarkable. Thanks for the thoughts and concerns. You all are so great. Hugs sisters. Teri

Starling
05-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Happy Memorial Day, Teri Jean!

Teri Jean
05-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Lallie, that is so sweet that you remembered. Thank you and the same to you and all our sisters who have served. HUGE HUG Teri

Jorja
05-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Glad to hear everything is going well for you Teri Jean.