PDA

View Full Version : More GG friends vs guy friends???

Briana90802
05-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Has anyone else noticed that they have more GG friends, or get along better with women? It was recently pointed out to me that my Facebook has more GGs than guys. I've always felt I've had more in common with GGs and always had more girl friends than guy.

Lissa Stevens
05-06-2011, 10:42 AM
I have always had more girlfriends than guy friends. It's been this way since kindergarten. I have always seemed to get along better with girls.

Breannah
05-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Just about the opposite when out... Allways talking to predominantly girls txting and msn/fb when home though :) Thats just normal male me though (which is very LAD male)

bobbie sue
05-06-2011, 11:01 AM
YES YES YES have alot more gg frinds than guys i have always known i was a gril nothing incommon with guys they make me sick with there jokes football cars and over all everything they want us to stand aruond and cook clean and just take care of them they could not make it with out us ladies HUGHS AND KISSES

Julie Denier
05-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Most of my closest friends all through high school were girls. I've always gotten along great with women -- I guess they love a fella who makes them laugh ;)

prene
05-06-2011, 11:30 AM
always had more gg friends.

As a guy they are fun.

as a dresser they are fun also.

Why hang out with guys?

Anne2345
05-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Hi Brianna! I, too, have noticed this. I have plenty of great guy friends, but I have noticed throughout the years that many of my closest friends tend to be GG friends. I have wondered about this here and there, and have concluded that it is the result of the part of me that contributes to being a crossdresser. My friendship with such GGs has absolutely nothing to do with sexual attraction or interest, I just really enjoy the company of and conversation with GGs. I also prefer GG doctors and dentists. I have no idea whether "normal" (lol) males have a preference of gender for such services, but I suspect that I am more comfortable with GG professionals also because of who and what I am.

Taylor186
05-06-2011, 12:23 PM
My Facebook girl friends out number my guy friends by 3 to 1. And, in terms of communication it's probably 10 to 1.

pantyhoselover
05-06-2011, 12:35 PM
I have noticed that over time I am more comfortable talking to GG friends than guy friends. I have inadvertently complemented them on clothes, etc. Since I'm still in the closet with them, I wonder if they are picking up on this?

Briana90802
05-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi Brianna! I, too, have noticed this. I have plenty of great guy friends, but I have noticed throughout the years that many of my closest friends tend to be GG friends. I have wondered about this here and there, and have concluded that it is the result of the part of me that contributes to being a crossdresser. My friendship with such GGs has absolutely nothing to do with sexual attraction or interest, I just really enjoy the company of and conversation with GGs. I also prefer GG doctors and dentists. I have no idea whether "normal" (lol) males have a preference of gender for such services, but I suspect that I am more comfortable with GG professionals also because of who and what I am.

Same here, I'm not attracted to most of the girls I meet or want to be friends with, but I just want to talk about girlie things and be just one of the girls, but I think it creeps them out because I AM a guy. I love how women have this instance bonding friendship. Something I've observer of women and yet have never experienced as a guy. *sigh

Emily Ann Brown
05-06-2011, 12:55 PM
GUILTY!!!! I have No guy friends period.

Em

t-girlxsophie
05-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Most of my closest friends are women,to be honest I only have one guy that I consider a good friend (doesn't know my femme side)and a couple more who I go to watch Football with.
I find it easier to talk with GGs.I do converse with the guys at work,but I find some of the conversations tend to alienate me a lot of the time,I feel at ease with woman friends and enjoy their company so much more,I sit with them at breaks and can be girlie with them (even tho i'm in drab)

Sophie

Raynefall
05-06-2011, 01:30 PM
I have been that same way my entire life. I get along better with girls than I do guys. I will only have one or two close guy friends at any point in time. But for the past few years I haven't even had one. An interesting little topic we have here. Lol.

makin' it real
05-06-2011, 02:17 PM
For some reason I have more guy friends than girl. A couple years ago all six men in my degree program banded together, perhaps as a response to the otherwise heavily estrogen laden atmosphere. Psychology has become a predominantly female field, both in its practitioners and its theories. Anyway, we had a weekly "guy's night out" that has become a tradition. We get to drink beer, shoot pool, and shoot the sh;t, and generally just have fun hanging out with each other. These are not your usual knuckle-dragging guys. They know all about my CDing and gender blending, and still love me.*

But when it's time to go shopping and "get my girl on", I turn to one of a couple close gg friends. The guys are fine with me dressing femme, but the girls really get it for how fun shopping can be!

~Rachel

Kate Simmons
05-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Nope, pretty much an equal amount but then again I've always been pretty much of a "Tomboy".:battingeyelashes::)

Jilmac
05-06-2011, 07:39 PM
If four sisters count then yeah, I do have more GG friends.

Leslie Langford
05-06-2011, 08:51 PM
What guy friends?

I have male acquaintances and work colleagues, and that's about it. I also prefer it that way - better to keep them at arm's length, IMO.

Maybe if I hadn't been obliged to butt heads with jocks and alpha males for most of my life, I'd see things differently, but we are all products of our individual life experiences. I could probably count on one hand the number of men in my life who I would even remotely consider to be role models.

When you scratch beneath the surface, most men are farting, belching jocks whose brains reside in their penises (Charlie Sheen, anyone?) and whose lives revolve around sports, booze, trash-talking, and competitive one-upmanship. And history has shown that most of the allegedly admirable, virtuous, and self-less men that we were taught to idolize weren't so perfect after all (John F. Kennedy, Prince Charles, former FBI Director J.Edgar Hoover, Jim Bakker, Bernie Madoff, Mel Gibson, Silvio Berlusconi, Elliot Spitzer, countless Catholic pedophile priests etc...)

Yes, women can be b*tches at times, but for the most part they are far more supportive, nurturing, kind, and empathetic than men any day. They are also far more inclined to help you rather than stick a knife in your back or gloat over your misfortune as most men are apt to.

Alice Torn
05-06-2011, 09:06 PM
For my first 27 years, I had almost all only guy friends. Later in life, i have had more gg aquaintances and friends, but, all much older than me, old enough to be my mothers!!! I have had almost no gg friends close to my age, sadly. Makes it kind of hard to ever have a wife, or SO. I do not care much for guys, but, when prettied up, could like some to notice my good looks.

Kim_Bitzflick
05-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Yep, no question about it. In high school my mom talked with me about having too many friends that were girls.

Barbra P
05-06-2011, 10:21 PM
I feel more comfortable talking with women and I now much prefer spending time with women (GGs) than I do men. Right now I don’t know any other CDs and I have never spent any time with CDs – I’m hoping to remedy that situation soon.

MillaMarie
05-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Feel so lucky to work in a job where I'm totally surrounded by women - Although I'm the team leader (ER Doc), we function in tough situations like an intuitive basketball team, each person as important as the others and totally together. Been with this group of pretty, smart & skilled women many years and ever so grateful to be "One of the Girls" in many ways. Have come out to them & feel so accepted and loved. I do love them all, we've been through a lot of difficult times together, most recently we all worked on the flood of tornado victims here in Alabama. Blessed to have such a group of girlfriends to spend time with and know we all have each others backs covered. Seems most of us here really love & admire women too.

Xandra
05-06-2011, 10:42 PM
I actually prefer female company, and although I have male and female friends, the females by far outnumber the males.

Stefia S
05-07-2011, 01:49 AM
I've certainly had closer GG friends than guys- come to think of it, some relationships I had with GGs were based more on them taking care and helping me like a big sister. Hmmm, maybe more platonic than romantic now that I reflect on it!

Danielle.N
05-07-2011, 02:00 AM
Has anyone else noticed that they have more GG friends, or get along better with women? It was recently pointed out to me that my Facebook has more GGs than guys. I've always felt I've had more in common with GGs and always had more girl friends than guy.

I've always had more guy friends, but they seem to come and go every few years. Most of my true long-term friends are female.

gungho
05-07-2011, 02:17 AM
I've generally always gotten along better with my guy friends and don't really have that many friends that are girls.

Claire Cook
05-07-2011, 05:51 AM

Wow, this is exactly how I feel! Looking back, I have always been more comfortable with women. When I am out and about , I'm always looking to make eye contact with women, and the chance for some girl talk. (My GG physician is great.) I've never felt comfortable doing that with guys, even when in drab. I have come out to a number of GG friends. They all have been tremendously supportive and I treasure our girls' nights out. In contrast, the few guys who know that I cd are lukewarmly tolerant, at best.

Chun-Li
05-07-2011, 07:13 AM
I usually have lots of guy friends, but close friendships have mostly been with females. I find girls are much less judgmental than guys and easier to open up to. Long term female friends are mostly lesbians though, because i am straight and if there is a chance for sex I will take it lol. So I guess im a fag hag.

Kaz
05-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Yeah I feel more comfortable with women and have more female friends than male. It's always been like that. Looking back I've been very comfortable having lots of platonic relationships with women. I suspect some of these will have upset my wife though for no reason other than that they were good friends!

I have a few good male friendships, but that is always harder and I am not a typical male pack animal.

kimdl93
05-07-2011, 01:55 PM
most of my male friends are siblings. And it seems that my closest friends are and have always been female. As I've mentioned before, I've been told more than a few times that I'm one of the girls, and it always makes me feel great!

wanagione
05-07-2011, 02:17 PM
yes! I even hung out with my aunts and mom at family functions all my life. I have very few male friends.

Debutante
05-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Yes, just want to be treated as one of the girls..........

AKAMichelle
05-07-2011, 10:01 PM
I connect more with women and that is that. Therefore I have few guy friends who know about Michelle, but tons of GG's who know

Phoebe P.
05-07-2011, 10:23 PM
I've never been in to stupid fart jokes and scratching myself. I've always found women much more real. I think it's b/c when they sense you aren't a typical guy they feel comfortable around you and not threatened like when they are around their girl friends. It's a two way street b/c I feel the same a/b them. I can open up to them and they can open up to me. I was also never a player and it served me well in the dating arena. I've always been more into relationships than one night stands. Evidently women like that b/c I never had to buy drinks or ask girls out. They asked me out (I was always quite shy as well which may have also been endearing not real sure). I've never been one to take advantage of them and see them as equals.

I also derive more pleasure from pleasing others than pleasing myself.

Alice Torn
05-07-2011, 10:35 PM
I have very few knuckle dragger friends now, in older age. No gg lover, but lots of gg platonic friends. I really am a bit of a loner now.

jenniferoonus
05-08-2011, 09:55 PM
I have many more GG friends than male friends. I only go out as 'Janet' with friends and all of them think that I am a GG. Therefore, I am one of the GGs and we always have girl talks. Even when we go out with other men, we girls are always stick together. I have more common topics to talk about with GGs than with men. We often talked about real girly stuff like period, child birth, boy friends, husbands, makeup, emotion, clothes, dating...