PDA

View Full Version : pierced bellybutton

Jessey
05-07-2011, 12:45 AM
A couple of days ago I was bored and I deciced to pierce my bellybutton. Is that wrong or taboo for when I'm in oh god male mode

Danni Renee
05-07-2011, 03:11 AM
Well, I have never seen a a guy with a belly ring so I think it is probably considered wrong. But then again, that is why I pierced mine! Yes, I am a little concerned about what I will do when I take my shirt off at the pool this summer (I will likely take the ring out but if you look close you can see the hole) but I have the same concern since I shave everywhere now too.

Just a quick safety note: be careful it does not get infected. I swabbed alcohol on the whole area including the ring shaft twice a day after showering and I put on an anti-biotic creme (bacitracin) both times too. I did this for about a month and it helped keep it uninfected. It takes about 6 months to heal and maintain the hole, or so I have been told so you need to keep a ring in all the time. I have taken mine out for about 4 hours at a time twice. The first time it was about 1.5 months after I first had it pierced and it was difficult to get back in. The second time was last week and it was much easier then. I pierced mine about mid January.

Annie D
05-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Once your piercing has sufficiently healed, make sure you clean the post to make sure that it is clean in addition to cleaning the hole. You will need to move the post up and down to move the scabbing inside your body. To answer your question about swimming this summer; you can remove the ring for short periods of time after you have had it a couple of months and longer periods of time after 6 months, additionally go to a local shop that handles belly jewelry and purchase a couple of clear plastic posts. If you are concerned about your piercing closing, use the plastic post, it is almost invisible and no one will really notice, if they do, they should not be looking there...

AnnaCalliope
05-07-2011, 07:46 PM
I plan on getting mine done in the next week or two. Of course, as I plan on going full-time when I move to Portland, OR this summer, it won't be an issue for very long. I rarely have my shirt off in front of family and friends who aren't in the know anyway, as I always under-dress with a bra and high-waist padded shaper.

You could always get a manly style ring, like black steel with two skulls where the balls should be.