PDA

View Full Version : Any Of You Find CDing More Active During the Cold or WInter Months?

Piora
05-07-2011, 08:59 AM
I think I have less of a tendency to dress during the hot months of June, July, August, and September - simply because of the heat and the fact that I'm more often outdoors doing activities, or because it's too hot to dress, and better just to wear a t-shirt (or no shirt) and shorts? I realize that many of us on here will simply wear girl shorts, and tops, and items that are cooler, but my reasons for dressing are a bit different, and I don't wear outerwear like skirts and tops. So for me, dressing is much less frequent during these typically hot months. What does everyone else think?

Saoirse
05-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Back in the day, when I was actively pursuing this "hobby", I'd more or less take the summer months off. The Midwest heat and the padding were not a good combination. :)

VS Fan
05-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Since my activities are mostly relegated to the basement, even the midwest summers can't reach me down here where it's 70-72 degrees year round!

PantyhoseNPumps
05-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Strangly.. I find it the opposite for me, and one would think it were the other way around. I would think that as we spend more time inside during Winter, that we would "dress" more often. Well, this NYC girl is from Florida, so during these dreadfully cold winters she's definately not looking to wear anything skimpy! lol. I think that maybe the warmer months also offer me more opportunities to get out and shop, which of course leads to the modeling of said purchased merchandise! Heck, I'm headed out to shop right now!

Nikki A.
05-07-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm more active during the winter in that my kids are away in college. With them at home it is harder to get away. If it wasn't for the wig though I think I would continue as much during the summer.
Even with them home, most of my shorts are fem/ androgenous as are some of my footwear

BillieJoEllen
05-07-2011, 09:17 AM
I like both the winter and summer months. In the winter on the rare ocassions I do go out more layering means less detection. I like some of the summer outfits. I do find wearing a bra in the summer a bit uncomfortable and usually don't have one on when I underdress.

Piora
05-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Since my activities are mostly relegated to the basement, even the midwest summers can't reach me down here where it's 70-72 degrees year round!
Yes, and how I envy you! I live in an apartment, and while it does have A/C it isn't throughout, and my bedroom does get quite warm. And, as my daughter lives with me, I can't benefit from the cooler living room area!

Wendy_Marie
05-07-2011, 10:04 AM
There are a lot of factors that come into play regarding personal choice for where and when to dress.... Those who do so as someone here stated a hobby...might tend to relegate the winter months for dressing since the clothing tends to be a little more bulky and easier to cover the male form. For me and many others dressing is a need and not a choice and the spring and summer months offer up a different set of challenge.

TGMarla
05-07-2011, 10:27 AM
I dress year round, no matter the weather. I have winter clothes and I have summer clothes. In the summer, it gets hot, and hosiery can be uncomfortable, but that's what air conditioning is for. In the winter, I get a lot more static electricity, but that's why they make Static Guard.

Jocelyn Quivers
05-07-2011, 11:06 AM
I tend to be less motivated during the summer months. The main reason is I get too hot easily and sweat ruins my make up. Sweat stains also do not look very good or pretty when taking pics. The other reason once I tan that causes major problems with my make up and I have not had any luck in switching to a darker shade which matches appropriately. Also I think I am allergic to heat, and when I retire I plan to move to Alaska or anywhere where it stays cold year round.

PretzelGirl
05-07-2011, 11:11 AM
To me, I am not bound by certain styles. So if it gets too hot in the summer, capris or shorts or short skirts are fine. So it doesn't matter to me. Now I might limit my time because of make-up, but it doesn't slow down the dressing itself.

RachelOKC
05-07-2011, 11:27 AM
The old joke was that summer wasn't a problem because of heat and all the things people were out doing, but rather because it was light out until late! Apparently being vampires, many CD's didn't want to venture out until after dark! :D

msginaadoll
05-07-2011, 11:54 AM
In recent years I have started dressing mor ein the summer. Still not quite as much as the fall/winter. Some of it is I am more active, hitting the beach, rollerblading, etc. Some of it is the heat of course and melting makeup. The nice thing is the summer weather helps keep me active and get me back in shape!

Tammy V
05-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Summer is the hardest time to dress. Some of us have issues with shaving in summer, getting dark late or the heat. The thing I don't like about summer is the heat/humidity here in the south. I can say I do not limit my dressing time in summer and I do go out in the day now and shave year round, but I do appeciate being in the air conditioning when its hot and humid. One thing I don't yet is bare legs, even in jeans, so hose wearing considered, I limit outdoor activities in summer.

wanagione
05-07-2011, 02:08 PM
I used to just dress in the winter but i'm dressing more in the summer months too. I also have bought womans bermuda shorts and some tees that i can wear with out getting all made up.

toriwilliams
05-07-2011, 04:40 PM
I used to dress less in the summer because I was less confident with my ability to pass or blend in the crowd while wearing summer styles, bare arms and legs. When I started dressing I would never wear a cute women’s tee in public. But now, I am more confident and I am also learning how to make the summer styles work for me thus dressing more year round.

connie23
05-07-2011, 04:49 PM
For me it is a matter of what I like to wear. I like boots and leather jackets so summer is not the time. Lately, however, I am getting into open toe shoes, leggings and tees. I will see what happens when it gets warmer. I think we should be allowed to simply be who we are so I am going for it.
Connie

Kaz
05-07-2011, 05:15 PM
The "weather" we have here in the UK means that even in the summer you don't know what you might get temperature-wise or rain, etc... I find now that I get depressed if I don't dress and the thought of taking a few months out I find difficult. But summer does present its challenges - heat and make-up, being hairless in public as a male, wigs also get hot(!), no dark until late (the vampire position!). But the advantages are good too... a chance to wear different outfits!

We don't get the heat of Florida and other parts so it is different for us in some ways... but in others, it is the same old problems!

Leyna
05-07-2011, 05:26 PM
I live in Florida, where we rarely go outside anyway. It's too hot no matter the season! lol But a nice sundress in August is A LOT cooler than boy clothes.

Loni
05-07-2011, 05:44 PM
i hate the heat. but most all of my things are not bought in the mens dept, just having a wig on and it is 120 in the shade. NOT me. so i tend to be just dressed in hiding during the heat months all six of them...but so far it has been cold this year.
so i am out and about a bit.

Loni

Debb
05-07-2011, 05:50 PM
My desire to dress remains the same. I've been working all year on growing my hair, so no wigs for me this summer ... makes things a lot easier, I can get away with a t-shirt and jeans. Alas, no tank-tops for me, my man-arms are just too noticeable.

Frédérique
05-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Any Of You Find CDing More Active During the Cold or Winter Months?

Yes, I’m more active during the colder weather, mainly because I lived for many years in New England, and I like the cooler air. I would rather have unprotected legs and many layers on the upper parts of my body – the paradox is downright thrilling!
:battingeyelashes:

It’s getting warmer and warmer here in Kansas, so I’ll be making do with shorts, as usual – the hot weather comes early around here, and autumn seems to only last two weeks in November, so I get very few “ideal” days for external crossdressing. However, it’s windy almost all the time, so I can enjoy my skirt blowing in the wind, something I absolutely love…
:)

brittdoll
05-07-2011, 08:45 PM
I take off from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

Nancie64
05-07-2011, 10:02 PM
I must be strange, I agree with most of you girls on here. Even up here in WI, summers may get pretty warm I love to dress and once and awhile we head to a nice motel for an evening of entertainment. Still in 50's and low 60's is just about perfect for walks and evening strolls. I do like the winter walks when it is not to cold, the breeze on the skirt with my nice heavy coat on, it's great.

jodylynn113
05-09-2011, 03:08 AM
Living in Phoenix it gets real hot wearing all those layers in the summer so for the summer even though I dont try to dress less it often happens

danielletorresani
05-09-2011, 03:36 AM
I LOVE dressing up in the winter months. It gets pretty damn hot in the summer months where I live.... a bit too hot to comfortably dress up, to tell the truth. Now that I think about it, it's not really just winter that I like the most....it's really any time of the year except for summer.

erickka
05-09-2011, 05:30 AM
I too slack off when the mercury rises. Padding, breast forms, and stuff of the like gets really uncomfortable and stinky with sweat!

Ginger88
05-10-2011, 10:45 PM
I Enjoy it much more in the summer time. nothing is better than tan legs and short shorts!

Lorileah
05-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Welcome to real life....and people wonder why women don't like to dress up in the summer. So TG's are really not much different than GG's? We just like to be comfortable too.

Babeba
05-10-2011, 10:55 PM
I really appreciate getting time with my sporty, hairy man during the summer; so I'm glad my boyfriend only shaves in the winter when he's wearing long pants and long sleeves anyway. I kind of miss girly time already, though!