PDA

View Full Version : Carelessness or Subconsiously Trying to Break Free?

PantyhoseNPumps
05-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Mental Note: 'Stop forgetting to remove cute little pearl necklace before strolling into work'. I was speaking to a collegue, and glanced to a window, where I saw my reflection.. and to my horror saw one of my pearl necklaces plainly around my neck! Fortunately I was wearing a (short collar) mock-turtleneck, which the necklace was at least partially obscured by, so I think that by the Grace of God my collegue did not notice, or if he did, he did'nt say anything. Jeeezzz.. this is the SECOND time this month that I've almost accidentally outed myself to my Caveman-Guido collegues. Also a few years ago, due to an unexpected business situation, I had to quickly change back to boymode to go meet my secretary in town. As she met me in the parking lot, she asked "What's with the necklace?". I was speachless and my legs turned to jelly.. I just played it off as 'nothing', and never heard of it again. Am I subconsciously trying to allow the world to meet the RealMe?.. or simple carelessness. Me thinks maybe a little of both. Have any of you ever "forgot" to remove something?

Danni Renee
05-07-2011, 10:52 AM
OH YES! I have come out to my SO but I have not come out to my kids. I am geographically seperated from them but I see them every day for a video chat. Last weekend, I was playing around with temporary tatoos. I placed a rather large rose on my inner wrist, a location I have only seen women have tatoos. I knew I had it on but forgot about it while I was chatting. At then end of the chat I started waving goodbye to the kids like I always do. Both of their eyes got so big and they called me out on it! I was able to dodge the bullet on why I had it when I showed them it washed off. My ex-wife did ask me later why I had a rose tatoo but she accepted that I was just playing around. Of course if she ever puts it together with the times I did not get all my mascara off or the mystery "wig" I ordered on the credit card one year I could be busted. Then again, she is the "ex".

Marcia Blue
05-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Once driving into town with my wife.
She says,"Here is some vaseline and a tissue".
I glanced at her and said, "Huh, what for?"
"To remove the rest of your lipstick," she replied.
I was so glad she was along that morning.

Kathi Lake
05-07-2011, 02:25 PM
I often wonder if my klutziness and 'accidental' reveals might indeed be a subconscious attempt to let the world just know already, and allow me out of this stifling straightjacket of sameness.

Kathi

SherriePall
05-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Not yet, but I am afraid of leaving earrings on. I have a couple pair that are so light and comfortable. Before reentering the real world, I stand in front of a mirror and take a long hard look, doing a mental checklist. It would be all too easy.

Sophie86
05-07-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm past accidentals. I'm starting to push the envelope on what I deliberately let people see: pink toenails, painted fingernails, etc. I'm on the border between "don't care," and "hey, lookit me! I'm a crossdresser!!" I think the pink fog is eating away at my brain.

Jason+
05-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Nail polish is the one that could get me in trouble. I haven't forgotten to take it off but what I have to do is make sure on a night before work that I take care of it all the night before. No so much because I worry I will forget it but because I already know I don't want to take it off just for work and in the morning when I'm tired and sleepy I will want to even less.

5150 Girl
05-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Speaking from my personal experiences, I'd say a little of both, but mostly, a subconsis effort to come out of hiding. Some little thing to "test the waters" if you will....

betty1253
05-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Forgot, no. But....
Several years ago the S.O. and I drove down to visit the daughter at her collage. We had "played" the evening before. I had used some product that was similar to thick vaseline with glitter in it. (Really have gotten a lot better with makeup thanks to you ladies.) Well, we drove the 250 miles the next day, arriving in the evening. Went out for drinks downtown and were sitting on the rooftop area of the bar. Then I heard the question from a friend of my daughter "What is on your face?" Oh No! The glitter! It stood out in lighting around us like a sore thumb. Blamed the S.O.(Poor girl), Made light of it and moved on. And yes, 10 years later, subconsciously I want to let the cat out of the bag.
Hugs
Betty

P.S.
Your avatar rocks!

Nikki A.
05-07-2011, 10:24 PM
I guess I'm in the latter category. While I try to be careful, I do take the dogs out in a skirt for their late night walks and when I head out to church on Sunday AMs I will head out to the car dressed and hope no one is out that early.

sometimes_miss
05-08-2011, 04:09 AM
Nail polish is the one that could get me in trouble. I haven't forgotten to take it off but what I have to do is make sure on a night before work that I take care of it all the night before. No so much because I worry I will forget it but because I already know I don't want to take it off just for work and in the morning when I'm tired and sleepy I will want to even less.

It's the traces of nail polish up around the cuticles that I have to watch out for; easy enough if it's not a normal body color (right now I'm into a pale turquoise which is easy to notice and remove before anyone would see), but the pink shades blend in with skin color too easily, then if I took off the nail polish 8-10 hours before, by the time I'm in the middle of my shift at work you can see the faint line of pink (and god, nothing with glitter in it, that's a bitch to get it all off!). I didn't think much of it when I was a teen until I overheard one of the girls at work mention to another that she could spot the gay guy's nail polish giveaway by those little tiny traces of leftover polish at the very edges of the nails. Women don't miss much when it comes to appearances.

Noortje
05-08-2011, 11:04 AM
I am definitely tempting fate with the long, glossy, slightly pink nails. I really shouldn't.

docrobbysherry
05-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Absent minded professers make BAD closet CDs!

I've screwed up MANY TIMES! Fortunately, my teen daughter always seems preoccupied with her own issues! (Wonder where she gets THAT!?)

Jilmac
05-08-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm nearsighted and have to wear glasses or not see. I have male and female framed glasses and change them as needed. But as luck would have it, I forgot several times and went out in guy mode with me femme frames. I was never questioned but wonder how many people noticed.

Anna B
05-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Not yet, but I am afraid of leaving earrings on. I have a couple pair that are so light and comfortable. Before reentering the real world, I stand in front of a mirror and take a long hard look, doing a mental checklist. It would be all too easy.

Ditto. Mine are so light that its quite easy to forget them! I often do, but no probs yet!

Anna x

roberta c
05-08-2011, 07:30 PM
I did kind of the same thing this morning when going down for breakfast i was sat eating my breakfast when i realised i was wearing the wrong jeans lol know one said anything but from the front i don’t think you can tell

Marcie R.
05-08-2011, 07:54 PM
A few weeks ago after several hours of being completely dressed enfemme, I changed back to my male mode. I went down to a local coffee shop to meet one of my golfing buddies. We were sitting discussing our next game when he asked me why I was wearing a females watch. My face turned red and quickly replied that is my wifes watch, which I was taking to the jewellers to have it cleaned. I don't know if he bought the story, but I hope he never brings it up in front of my wife.

PantyhoseNPumps
05-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Oh God... I can't count the number of times that I've been heading to work, pull down the vanity mirror for a "quick check" only to see earrings still in place! I'd dearly like to come out in the open, but my line of work is a very masculine one that is dominated by caveman types. I firmly believe that if I were 'outed' to my collegues, that not only would my career be over, but there might even be violence directed at me. It's sad, but just the way it is. It is indeed painful to have to keep TheRealMe under wraps...but, I am slowly taking steps to allow bits of my inner femininity into my daily (male) wardrobe. One thing that I absolutely LUV is a bracelet that my mother had ordered and sent to me. It's a copper bracelet and it's inscribed TOLERANCE, STRENGTH, WISDOM, COURAGE, HONESTY, LOYALTY, and INTEGRITY. It's very special to me, but moreover.. I wear it on the same wrist as a gold chain bracelet (from my son) and everywhere I go, you can hear me coming from that familiar little feminine 'jingle' of my bracelets! I love it!