PDA

View Full Version : i went to

lori m crawford
05-07-2011, 11:37 PM
i went to wall mart to get some things you know it ps me off i was not dressed but the cashers an pople i stood in line for 20-45 mints so a girl an boy frind cood by ther things but it not them it was the casher she had to read lables on as what they wood make out of the food i was in line with to gay guys an we talk for a wile but if wallmart pople are the way i dont need them to wate that long for 10$ in things dont git me rong but i go to get what i wont an live not live ther if i had a lot of womens things that is not nice

Sarah_Jane
05-08-2011, 12:46 AM
I used to feel pretty self conscious when in line at stores with fem items in my basket, then I got over it. I think with many things we tend to make more out of it than it really is, there are 100s of reasons they could be there other than us being a CD, most people probably don't even think of that as an option.

Phoebe P.
05-08-2011, 12:57 AM
I was just going to say Try Decaf! :D

Don't worry. The checkers don't know you and don't care. Live your life and don't worry about what others think. At most they will tell their friends "Some guy bought a bra, some panties, and a six-pack!". No one cares as much as you do. Relax! :)

betty1253
05-08-2011, 01:51 AM
How presumtuious would it be for the employees to assume the purchases are for you?

Rianna Humble
05-08-2011, 04:03 AM
It may have felt like between twenty and forty five minutes to you because you felt impatient. Does your local WalMart not have self service check-outs? Was this the only cashier in the whole store?

The employee was being friendly - that is what she is supposed to do. I read enough complaints here about checkout employees being less than friendly, but I think this is the first I have read complaining that she was friendly.

Why would the contents of your basket make any difference to how you feel about waiting in line?

Barbra P
05-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Like the others have already stated, I doubt that the cashier made the connection, and even if she did, what do you care? You’ll probably never see that person again and even if you do there is little chance that she’ll remember you; do you have any idea how many people that cashier rings up every day? I’ve worked retail sales and the only time I ever paid much attention to who a customer actually was when they made a point to say I had waited on them before and they had returned to shop with me. Even then I could rarely recollect ever having waited on them in the past and I certainly couldn’t remember what they had bought. Your chances of ever meeting someone standing in line behind you is even more remote.

Leyna
05-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Like the others have already stated, I doubt that the cashier made the connection, and even if she did, what do you care? You’ll probably never see that person again and even if you do there is little chance that she’ll remember you; do you have any idea how many people that cashier rings up every day? I’ve worked retail sales and the only time I ever paid much attention to who a customer actually was when they made a point to say I had waited on them before and they had returned to shop with me. Even then I could rarely recollect ever having waited on them in the past and I certainly couldn’t remember what they had bought. Your chances of ever meeting someone standing in line behind you is even more remote.

Barbra is right. I cashiered for a number of years, and there is exactly ONE purchase that I remembered for any length of time, and that was the lady who bought tampons and condoms. :O

t-girlxsophie
05-09-2011, 07:16 PM
No offence Jodi but I assume you havent read the sticky at the top of the page?We cant all be literary greats cut lori a bit of slack there is many reasons why her writing is the way it is.

Lori I work nightshift in a supermarket (ASDA,part of walmart) and even when its quiet the last thing my checkout colleagues worry about is wats in anyones shopping believe me,and during the daytime I can assure you there is even less chance they will notice what you are buying,just go with the flow and dont worry

Sophie