PDA

View Full Version : Inspired by Mom

Mary Morgan
05-08-2011, 10:17 AM
My mother certainly never consciously or deliberately encouraged my femininity, in fact she led me to believe it was not appropriate, but she inspired me just the same. I cannot remember a time when I was not fascinated with her clothing, her makeup, even the curlers in her hair. she was a strong woman who was liberated before there was such a thing. She had more friends than anyone I ever knew and she was my champion, my defender and my care giver. She was all that anyone could aspire to be and I did, and I do. She is gone now, but her mark and passions are still alive. Happy Mother's day Mom. I love you.

aprilgirl
05-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Mary,

What a wonderful tribute to your Mom.

My mother overcame many trying obstacles that were no fault of her own. She made so many sacrifices both personally and professionally and always put her children first. Over the years, she became a strong, independent woman and to this day remains my role model. I’m so proud of her and honored to be her son. This afternoon my wife and I will be planting flowers at her home, which has become our tradition on Mother’s Day.

Quite honestly, every day is Mother's Day in regards to my Mom.

Barbra P
05-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Mary

I understand completely. My Mother would be horrified at my dressing, but I still remember when I was young watching her get dressed, applying makeup, doing her nails (and mine sometimes), putting on hose (this was before pantyhose), and I have one vivid image of her taking a bath with me beside the tub helping her bath. I couldn’t wait until I was old enough to do all the same things. What a disappointment to learn that as a boy I wasn’t going to be able to do those things.

My Father on the other hand took a lot of business trips out of town and he did come home he wanted to find all my toys put away, me fed, and in bed. He was frequently well lubricated when he came home. We were never very close; my older half-brother got most of my Dad’s attention.

I guess it no wonder that when I came home to an empty house when I was in High School, the first thing I wanted to do was put on a bra and anything else I could find in the dirty clothes hamper that belonged to my mother. I was beginning to learn that yes I could experience the joys of womanhood that I had marveled at as a young boy watching my Mother.

Anne2345
05-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi Mary! What a wonderfullly sweet and heart warming post! I am sure your mother was a fantastic woman, and you have done well to follow in her heels! :)

CCFiorella
06-18-2011, 10:31 AM
My mom was and is the best. She is my hero. She raised us alone, worked hard at the phone company and was one knock out for the guys to look at! She was popular, out going, smart and generous.
When I first started dressing in my young age, it was just to look like mom. The hair, the brows, make up, and dress were always, for me to look as professional as she was. I inherit my personality from her.
Oh, and the curlers in her hair lol, well, taht is one fault I cannot lose :)

larry
06-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks for a wonderful post. You have certainly followed in her footsteps ..
My mother certainly never consciously or deliberately encouraged my femininity, in fact she led me to believe it was not appropriate, but she inspired me just the same. I cannot remember a time when I was not fascinated with her clothing, her makeup, even the curlers in her hair. she was a strong woman who was liberated before there was such a thing. She had more friends than anyone I ever knew and she was my champion, my defender and my care giver. She was all that anyone could aspire to be and I did, and I do. She is gone now, but her mark and passions are still alive. Happy Mother's day Mom. I love you.