PDA

View Full Version : Is this "accepting" ?

paulinescotlandcd
05-08-2011, 02:38 PM
First of all a bit of background. I have been married for over 32 years and did tell my wife before we got married about my Cd'ing.
Like most women she thought such a thing would go away but alas it is still here after all this time. Many other CD'ers have said to me over the years "oh, your wife is so accepting, she goes shopping with you". Well, that is true we often enjoy going to the shops and my wife always says "are you not getting something", I really only buy something if I really like it.
My wife will even come home sometimes with the odd thing specifically for me, e.g. a makeup kit or similar. So everything is my CD garden should be positively rosy - but it's not.
So it is fair to say I have a great wardrobe but the problem is that my wife does everything possible, of course she would deny it, to thwart any chance of me actually trying to have any time to dress properly. Short of taking a day off work I am left high and dry. Let's just say I have not properly dressed since November last year ( when I was "retired" for a time)
Does anyone else have the same problem?

TGMarla
05-08-2011, 03:15 PM
I get plenty of time to dress right now. But I have to admit, when we retire some day (God willing!), I sometimes wonder when I'll ever get to. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Rianna Humble
05-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Pauline, This seems quite a strange dillema, your wife encourages you to buy stuff for your cross-dressing and even brings you presents of make-up and the like yet you are sure she is trying to prevent you from dressing.

That's a hard one to understand, could you explain a bit more about how she tries to prevent you from doing this?

Eryn
05-08-2011, 03:27 PM
I sometimes feel in the same boat, but it certainly isn't my wife's fault. Real Life is the culprit. Too much stuff to do, not enough time to do it.

In your case, examine the situation very carefully before you lay the blame at the feet of someone who obviously cares so much about you.

Joanie
05-08-2011, 03:40 PM
If your wife is buying you things, that is a huge YES signal in my book. Just like last weekend, mine gave me a thong and two pairs of nice, comfy femmy slippers as a special occasion present. She knows I like the slippers because I asked her to buy me a pair like hers last year and I have worn them out. Now, she doesn't want to discuss it much but the YES signal she sent last weekend has led to me going way beyond wearing a mannish woman's PJ top and panties in front of her to getting up the courage to ask her if she would mind if I wore a long, red satin chemise to bed! I purchased that and the matching satin robe online last year, she has seen it around but never seen me in it. She said "No, I wouldn't mind" but didn't elaborate beyond that. I have worn it three times since then and she offered to fold it up this weekend as we were packing up in the hotel to come home. I don't think it is a grudging acceptance on her part as I know her well enough to know that she will tell me if she doesn't like something despite her generally sweet and easy personality.

We have been married over 30 years, I have dressed for 28 of those thirty years, with her knowledge and acceptance of limited attire (hose, panties) in her presence on "bedroom occasions". I promised no breasts or wigs around her and will never do that, now I don't even do that when dressed fully by myself. Key is that I have never pushed her and must hold myself back from going this way 24/7 as we are both retired. I love her very much.

paulinescotlandcd
05-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Given that my son of 21 still lives with us and the fact we both work full time the chance to get the house to myself is almost nil. My son does work but he tends to be something of a hermit. Even when he goes out he goes clubbing and jumps in a taxi around 10.30pm by which time is hardly worth my while.
No, there are a few periods that do pop up when he is working a late shift (2pm till 10pm) but my wife always has something she needs me to do or she will invite my brother and his wife round. It has gone on too long now for it to be a co incidence.
It all seems very odd behaviour. It is a bit like buying your husband 6 or 7 fantastic sports cars and then saying it is terribly dangerous driving those cars so I hope you don't mind I have hidden the keys, I trust you will be happy to just open the garage door and look over them once and a while

Sophie86
05-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Have you talked to her about wanting time to dress? What does she say about it?

sissystephanie
05-08-2011, 04:40 PM
First of all I must say that I have some very dear friends who live in Aberdeen, Scotland. I have been over to visit them several times and love the area! And yes, she does know that I am a CD! He does not know!

I would have to agree with Sophie on your point. You and your wife need to have a conversation about your dressing. She may not be as accepting as you thought, and only very open and honest conversation will bring that out. Having your son at home is obviously a problem, but is something that can be worked out if both you and her are willing! I will tell you the same thing that I have told other CD's who are having a problem with their wives. Make very sure that she knows you are her MAN, regardless of the clothing you may have on!! Remember, she married a man, not a woman!!

docrobbysherry
05-08-2011, 04:52 PM
I've BEEN married, Pauline. And, have plenty of friends who were and r married. There's no way u or they could judge MY marriage, without walking a mile in my shoes. And I feel the same way of opinions about yours!

ANY WAY that 2 people can stay together for 32 years is the RITE WAY, as far as I'm concerned! I think if those that post advice for u haven't matched u in experience, u should be giving THEM/US advice!

Kate Simmons
05-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Offhand Hon, I would have to say that maybe your wife doesn't fully understand your need to dress. She may think It's just an odd hobby and nothing else of it. I'm guessing she doesn't know how deeply your feelings go. I agree with the other folks who say you need to have a good talk together so you can express your feelings to her.:)