PDA

View Full Version : what gets us started-- what started you???

lovemybras
09-30-2005, 07:28 PM
New here, never been able to discuss this and would like to.I hit 50 this year and have been dressing for about 45 or so. At one time my ex would indulge with me, then that stopped. I wouldn't, it just feels soooooooo good. Mostly into most all lingerie, but considering,,,,,

robyn1114
09-30-2005, 08:27 PM
halloween when I was 10 my sister dressed me up as a girl and I loved it so much I still do it 24 yrs later

GypsyKaren
09-30-2005, 08:29 PM
What really got me started was nylon stockings. When pantyhose came out I went nuts, and am quite addicted to them. I wear them everyday under my jeans, and have almost 100 pair now. Oh well.

GypsyKaren

Talon DeRojo
09-30-2005, 09:37 PM
What got me started was high heels - they're just so sexy! Later on it was long fingernails - I am so attracted to their shiny look and the smooth feel of the polish. I feel so elegant and sexy wearing them. I become more feminine while strutting in a pair of 4" pumps and gazing at my long, red fingernails. Satin and Lycra do it for me, too. I love the feel of either on my skin. Well, I have to stop here...and answer the urge to get dressed.
Talon

darcyann
10-01-2005, 02:12 AM
I was 13 and found a pair of nylons in sisters room so I tried them on and have been wearing womens clothes off and on for some years now. Wife never understood and we are now going through a divorce but I like it now better that way.

Love

Darcy Ann

Paula Rae
10-01-2005, 02:36 AM
Hey Ladies

When I was about 12 years old I was sexually abused some older guys (age 15-19). One of the things they forced me to do was dress in girls clothing. I actually started dressing on my own about 20 years later, when the youthful memories came back to me after all that time.

Should I thank those guys? or curse them? Any way it's a long story, to be told at another time.

Ricki B

Deborah
10-01-2005, 03:50 AM
I dabbled a little when i was really young but didn't do it on a consistent basis until i was 11.

Age 11 i went into my sister's room while everyone was out and she had a dress and everything laid out for school the next day. For some reason i just put it all on and since then i've wished i was a girl.

kathyw
10-01-2005, 10:53 AM
i was watching tv and ed sullivn show was on and he had a bunch of trannys on so the nexit day i tryed it . iv been hooked since.

MsEva
10-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Good question...
No good answer...
I guess it had something to do with abuse by an older boy who coerced me into me servicing him. I was about five. Lots of other things stand out. My choice of friends as a young boy was girls..two in particular. Here is a weird thing..later on I had some friends over and said..lets pretend or play we are girls..the two boys said that sounds like fun..how do you play..I had no clue other than the inner person of a girl would come out. Tried that with some other friends of mine and was totally ridiculed. Needles to say I never offered that game anymore. My older brother served in Vietnam and sent back a Viet doll in traditional asian dress. She became the spy for my GI Joes and I sort of identified with her. Later on I found some clothes (merry widows) in the attic and wore them. The rest is history!

Emily Ann Brown
10-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Good question for a girl that started at 50. My favorite uncle was gay. No, he never was like that with me. He was the one that taught me to paint. I think all the comparisons to him ("qualified" comparisons...."we didn't mean like..umm..well...you know...") and the millions of comments about him "having lace on his drawers" probably gave me the mindset. So why start at 50 ? I was the oldest of my cousins, and was always told I had to be the example and next leader of our family. I started one week after Mom died....Dad had already passed away. Nobody left to disappoint. Cousins all hate my guts because I've been thrown up in their faces all their lives. Does that make any sense?

Emily Ann

gennee
10-01-2005, 02:05 PM
I started crossdressing a few months ago. I put on my spouse's clothes and I have been doing it ever since.

Gennee :)

britney1
10-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Lipstick got me started. I love sexy colored lips. My gf's in my life and my wife now, would never wear bold colors or bright lipstick, so..... I did it myself. I started wearing my lips all sexy and and it got me thinking about being a woman. It has really ballooned from there. Now I love to dress completely en femme. (in case you couldn't tell) It's kind of become an obsession to see how womanly I can actually look and feel. When I dress as a woman en femme, I get so excited just looking at myself as if I was admiring a beautiful woman. But that woman is me.

Britney

Roberta_S
10-01-2005, 02:47 PM
I was fascinated by the ads for women's underwear in the magazines, on television, etc. When I was 12, it occured to me that my sister was wearing bras. I found the drawer she kept them in and put on one of her padded, 34B Playtex Cross Your Hearts. It was a truly memorable experience, and I still have a fixation about bras. Of course, panties, garter belts, girdles, etc., etc., came later. Spent a lot of time in her lingerie drawer until I started buying my own.

lynne42
10-01-2005, 02:57 PM
I started to cross dress when i was about 9 or 10, first of all trying on my mums stockings and slips etc

then my brother caught me one day and joined in...not sure if he still does it as this was 30 years ago - i still do and have had a great time with a past partner as she encouraged me and helped in my style sence, it was fantastic lovemaking dressed as a woman though...happy memories...

lol
Lynne

emmicd
10-01-2005, 07:09 PM
I started at 5 trying on my sisters shorts. As I got older 9-11 I started trying on my sisters and mothers underwear and bras.

Now I have more dresses then I know what to do with!

Emmi

Ella
10-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Well, I can't actually pin-point an exact point in my life when I started. I've always had friends who were girls, and to be honest my Dad got a bit worried I might be gay (yes he's homophobic, damn him!).

Well anyway, as all my friends were girls and well all used to hang around together, whenever anyone talked to us as a group they said "Hi girls!". At first I retaliated saying "What about me?" but after a while I got used to it.

As I got older, I also realised that girls were much nicer to look at that guys, and because I got bullied about hanging out with girls by some boys, I always thought that guys were the bad guys...if you get me!

So I've just grown up thinking it to be a normal part of me that I occaisionally wear girls clothes, not exactly knowing how it began...

FluffyKitten
10-01-2005, 08:21 PM
I first started because I liked the feeling of girls swimsuits and lycra. I started wanting to go out, and in order to do that i.e. exercise clothes and things of that nature I guess I felt it would be easier if I looked like a girl. This is when i bought my first wig. I dont really like dressing in regular girls clothes, just really revealing lycra things like ice skating dresses and leotards with skirts. I've actually gone out a couple times wearing only that stuff, but it was in like a secluded area (a park) A couple people saw me, but i think they just thought I was a regular runner. The second time i wore an ice skating dress on public transit early in the morning. I dont think I drew to much attention to my self but it was like 4 in the morning. I'm going to try to go out again next weekend. I bought a couple new things i hope they come by friday. I bought a white long sleeved leotard and a white semi seethrough skirt with white ultra shimmery tights. I bought my first set of breast forms too. I hope this makes me pass more. I'm going to go in the morning again I hope people dont stare to much

Shaz
10-01-2005, 09:00 PM
i love these sorta questions hehe, i was 12, and by the sounds of it alot of other people started around the same time, i started wearing my mums cloths and then i got my first girlfriend and i used to stay at her house alot. i got there about 45 minutes before she did from school ( went to diff schools ) and i'd wear her cloths till about 10 min before she'd get home.
but the whole idea of me cd was seeing women walking around in heels, that did it for me and it still does, i can't go a day without looking at almost everyone of them and what heels they are wearing and wishing how badly i want it to be socially aceptable for men to wear them out and about without weird looks hehe...the first item of clothing i bought was a skirt and g-string aged 14.

Mona
10-01-2005, 09:24 PM
I was 12 and dressed as a girl for Halloween, and was kissed by a girl! Then repressed it until in my 40s when my then GF went to Mexico with another guy and I snuck into her apartment and stole a pair of her leopard skin bikini panties. It took another few years to get thigh highs and a couple more to my 1st dress. I just loved looking and feeling sexy. It's a crime that secret is kept from us!!!

Tara Jordan Campbell
10-01-2005, 09:26 PM
I owe it all to Honor Blackman.....by the time Diana Rigg came around I was hooked.
The Avengers !!

cosmolovesph
10-01-2005, 09:43 PM
The 70's and pantyhose, then once i "had" to wear a pair of tights for a school play, that was it, i can remember in elementary school wearing a pair of mom's pantyhose and i even told another boy schoolmate, don't remember his reaction, but wish it was that easy now..... Wife is cool with it and i am getting more brave.

black leotards
10-02-2005, 09:47 AM
I remember looking through the pages of the mail order catalogues like JC Penney, Sears and others, wishing I could dress up like the girls. They looked so cute in their dresses, jumpers, skirts and tights. After a while I managed to get up the courage to buy some tights first. Later I bought panties, a training bra, a jumper and a top! I don't remember what the store clerks thought, but I guess I didn't care too much. :)

Sara Kat
10-02-2005, 01:44 PM
When I was young (like 8 or so) I started to wonder what girl's clothes felt like. I would see the girls at school and wonder what it would be like to wear them. So eventually I got into my mom's closet and started from there.

MsEva
10-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Good question for a girl that started at 50. My favorite uncle was gay. No, he never was like that with me. He was the one that taught me to paint. I think all the comparisons to him ("qualified" comparisons...."we didn't mean like..umm..well...you know...") and the millions of comments about him "having lace on his drawers" probably gave me the mindset. So why start at 50 ? I was the oldest of my cousins, and was always told I had to be the example and next leader of our family. I started one week after Mom died....Dad had already passed away. Nobody left to disappoint. Cousins all hate my guts because I've been thrown up in their faces all their lives. Does that make any sense?

Emily Ann

:eek: How could anyone hate you...? You are pretty cool in my book. :)

MsEva
10-02-2005, 03:22 PM
I owe it all to Honor Blackman.....by the time Diana Rigg came around I was hooked.
The Avengers !!
Gosh she was sooooo cooool! I remember feeling wonderfully tingly when the avengers theme came on and Emma Peel was practacing her martial arts.

MsEva
10-02-2005, 03:27 PM
I was fascinated by the ads for women's underwear in the magazines, on television, etc. When I was 12, it occured to me that my sister was wearing bras. I found the drawer she kept them in and put on one of her padded, 34B Playtex Cross Your Hearts. It was a truly memorable experience, and I still have a fixation about bras. Of course, panties, garter belts, girdles, etc., etc., came later. Spent a lot of time in her lingerie drawer until I started buying my own.

Roberta...so true..I remember the only way I found it tolerable to go to the barbers to get a "Buzz cut' was to sit and wait in one of the chairs and look at the ads in the back of a detective magazine..they were drawn Vargas style...Lily St. Cyr brand..you could order them by mail...oh they were something..very point bras and corsets with women in severly drawn back hair..wow. that was really something.

coletteCA
11-17-2005, 02:08 AM
I started when I was around 12, and I snuck into my moms closet when she was away. I was just messing around, looking and snooing, then I decided to put on her panties . . .

I then couldn't ontrol myself, and snuck in there everyday putting on all of her lingerie until she finally caught me. I was so embarrassed. She lifted up the skirt was wearing, and spanked my pantied bottom.

I have dressed ever sine ;)

Dana
11-17-2005, 04:32 AM
For me, each and everyone of your stories, has something to say ~ in so far as crossdressing goes. I've always, have been naturally drawn toward the trappings of femininity.

At around the age of five, my sister and one of her friends, dressed me up as a girl, becuase they were playing and they told me that only girls could play. And, so in order to play, I was dressed up from panties up as a girl.

Around the same thing, I was sexually moltested by my 16 year old first cousin ~ a girl first cousin. Can't say as it traumitized me or anything.

After that I forgot about it all until I hit puberty, and my sister came back to life with my Dad and I. I started sneaking into her room, and wearing her underwear, and experimenting with her makeup. I suspect she knew ~ but nothing was ever said. Later when I would go and visit with her and my mother ~ and even later on I would go to live with my mother for a short time ~ I started getting into my mother's clothes and makeup ~ which again I suspect she knew or suspected something, but never said anything.

Later after I moved back into my Dad's and had gotten a car and my DL's I drove to another city, and boster up the courage at the age of 16, to go into a dollar store and purchase my first bra and panty set.

Throughout HS, any time I was given the opportunity I would swipe panties from anywhere I could. Especially, nylon tricot. The more femininie, lacey, and pastel colored the better.

My crossdressing has evolved from there.

suzy
11-17-2005, 05:11 AM
I remember longing to feel nylon stockings on my skin and high heels on my feet....to feel what it would be like to have my skin caressed by nylon panties and slips. Then when my wife was out I would dash in and try on her bikini panties. I would wear them for as long as it was "safe" and then off them came... This went on for a long time and then I tried on her bras and cami's.... HEAVENLY!!

One day, I used the excuse that it was very cold outside to talk her into allowing me to wear her pantyhose under my pants... I was a bit surprised...pleasantly, that she had no problem with it... Things graduated and today she buys as much feminine clothes for me as I do for myself. She surprises me with a pretty pair of pink panties on occasion and we are really enjoying my new wardrobe. From wigs, to toenail polish...I am fortunate to own it and wear it and store it in MY closet!

We will be going to Hawaii early next year, and I intend on taking very few mens clothes.....I plan on being enfemm for the majority of the trip... I can't wait.

cathy b
11-17-2005, 06:48 AM
panties.
hugs

jessbcuzz
11-17-2005, 07:24 AM
My mother had a baton corp. Growing up, I always noticed how beautiful girls looked dressed up in majorette uniforms and such. After I had a chance to sneak trying on an outfit, I loved the way the material felt on my skin. After that, I began to wonder what it would be like to wear other things, and even be able to "transform" myself. I don't know how old I was, but I am 30 now, but I've enjoyed it since!

Andi-Girl
11-17-2005, 08:21 AM
I started trying on my mom's clothes, she had some in a closet that she stopped wearing after we moved, so those became my private wardrobe. I even took shoes and made sure that I was all set.
Andi

Marla
11-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Britney You have succeeded.

Sarahgurl371
11-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Started around 7 or 8, AND have NO idea why. No recollection other than getting caught in my Mom's underwear. That was 26 years ago. Still have no Idea why I started, I would like to know. But it is not necessary now. Just starting to appreciate that I am me.

erica12b
11-17-2005, 01:20 PM
about 10yr of age i noticed the kids i hung out with (girls) where starting to dress diffrent and i wanted to too but i was a boy ,i got one of them to paint my nals once and thet was it i was hooked, i love the feel of all the fem stuff on its a mike of tight,soft,silky,cool(cold) warm.(under bra) exposed, any exposed all at the same time:thumbsup:

susancheerleader
11-17-2005, 03:45 PM
My sister was on a gymnastics team. I was 13 and often went with her. All the girls running about in thier leotards! :):):)
I desided I had to try my sisters on. I never wanted to take it off!
I got caught, and told not to do that again. I kept sneaking it back on, but stopped doing ANY crossdressing out of embarisment.
I am 41 now, and I rememberd the feeling so I bought a leotard and it still felt as good as it did when I was 13.
I've since moved to skirts, but I think that is just the beginning.

Kimberly
11-17-2005, 04:20 PM
I was like this from birth... Apparently I used to play dress up as the girl, at playgroup (age 3).

I should come out to my friend who told me that, me thinks. ;)

Stephanie
11-17-2005, 05:53 PM
I guess what got me "started" was nightgowns. When we were younger (under 10 years old I believe) My brother and I would sometimes go over to the home of a couple girls our age who lived in our neighborhood to be babysat while our parents and their parents went out together and I became enamored with their nightgowns and I remember wanting to start wearing them myself. I never actually asked my parents for nightgowns. I think that I was instinctively certain that my parents would never have bought one for me but I found a way to improvise by wearing long T-shirts and underwear to bed. Surprisingly, my parents never really said anything about it but I stopped doing it after awhile although I can't exactly remember why. I experimented a little bit with some of my mother's clothing (i.e. panties, skirts) when I was about 17-18 but I didn't take up full dressing until I was about 21.

LouiseW
11-17-2005, 06:37 PM
I've been told stories that the parents hoped for a girl and sometimes dressed me as such until I was about two. I don't remember. I do remember that, for some reason, I wanted to be a girl when I was in the first grade. I would have been five at the time. Not much out of the norm until I was married and in my early 20s. I was alone at home and decided to try on one of my wifes bras. That was it for me.

Helen MC
11-17-2005, 07:25 PM
My big sister's knickers (panties). From about the age of 10 or so I started to find girls and womens' briefs of interest and arousing whenever I saw them either when I got a look up a skirt or when they were on a washing line or displayed in a clothing shop window or the Lingerie section of a store. Eventally I tried on a pair of my big sister's white cotton knickers when I was about 12 and that was it, I was hooked by the lovely feeling, the comfort and support. From then on I secretly wore a pair of her knickers every day either white ones of navy blue, and then went on to wear her one of her skirts when she and my parents were out of the house.

robinLynn
11-17-2005, 10:40 PM
been goin my moms closet then my 2nd wifes for as long as i can remember.

Eadie
01-09-2006, 09:25 AM
My sister's pink panties, which I had noticed her wearing, and I found in her draw, got me started. When I tried them on it was heaven, and my 11 year
old body responded.
Later I found her petticoats and stockings and the best of all, a suspender
belt. And I tried trimming my young pubes, thinking that made me more of a
girl, and the ultimate addition of her bra, a white size 34 A, all this when no
one was at home of course.
My sisters undies were really great, and I don't think she knew,although
when I was 12 she experimented on me with her make up one day when we
were alone at home, and told me I was beautifull and should try "dressing up"....but we never did. Well I did of course, and still do with my own undies
and outfits.

Jillian310
01-09-2006, 09:55 AM
The very first time I put fem clothing on happened when I was in Jr. High. I was living with an Aunt and Uncle who had 4 kids, 2 of them girls. On the weekends we were allowed to stay up late to watch TV. On one such night I was the last one left in the livingroom, all the others had gone to bed. There was a basket of dirty laundry in the kitchen. For some reason I went through the laundry and came upon my cousin Shirley's soiled panties. I can still almost remember the rush it gave me! After that, I tried to be the last one to bed so that I could wear Shirley's panties and repeat the experience. After that it was more than 50 years before I wore any fem clothing. Now I dress completely whenever I can.

Bettylicious
01-09-2006, 10:06 AM
i've always liked dressing up, but it was such a slow process.I had a few dress ups when iwas a kid but nothing i can say was a 'LIGHTNING BOLT" that has irrevocably changed me. i originally am fasciniated by womens clothes and the power of desire women wield by the way they dress themselves. Accessories, stockings, lingerie, earrings shoes. The works

I'm 33 but only two years ago did I discover the magic of shoes!! I was dressing up (on my own as a lot of us do) and my girlfriend had left a pair of her shoes behind when she moved out and i tried them on and it was like BANG!!!

The puzzle was complete. Sexy, feminine, girly and perfect, all in a pair of close toed heels, (with the little leather strap)

Out of all the "erotic charge" i get by wearing girls clothes, shoes are the marshmallows and choc topping of the ice cream sundae that is crossdressing!!
And it took me 31 years to find them

They rock

Bettylicious

Randi Girl
01-09-2006, 10:17 AM
I was dressed as a girl by my mother for her protection & mine [from a very abusive husband / father who wanted a little girl] This stopped when I was about 8 due to school & relatives pressures. I have just kept on dressing . randi

KarenNY
01-10-2006, 10:46 AM
I distinctly remember in kindergarten wishing I could wear the pretty dresses that all the girls were wearing (in the mid-70s, and lots of girls were wearing those pretty full-skirted little girls dresses with the puffed shoulders)...

My mother stored her old clothes in the closet in the guest room, and when I was 7 or 8, I started sneaking in there and try clothes on when she was downstairs doing laundry or in the dining room or on the patio visiting with my grandmother.

I'm an only child and I was a latchkey kid starting in fourth grade, so I started sneaking into my mom's clothes since I had an hour (or two beginning in 7th grade) to try on her things. I started with her outer clothes, dresses, skirts, blouses, but by the time I was 11 I was trying on her lingerie and hosiery too. I would dress up from the skin out and pretend I was my mother going off to work, walking downstairs in her high heels and everything...

She almost caught me red-handed when I was in seventh grade -- she came home early and discovered her clothes on the floor of her closet where I had had to leave them. Long story short, she was okay with my dressing up but she wanted me to not do it behind her back... so I ended up with my own girls clothes and a supportive, caring mother to help me dress and look and act like a proper young lady... :)

petticoatlisa
01-10-2006, 11:52 AM
I started at 12, was home all alone and tried on my older sister's school uniform skirt and saddle shoes and a wig i found in my mom's closet. well it's been all downhill since then! Now 20 years later, I've got about 20 skirts, 30 pairs of shoes and 7 wigs amongst tons of other stuff :rolleyes:

InHerShoes
01-10-2006, 04:19 PM
I started at around age seven. I remember looking at the models in catalogs and thinking how fantastic they looked in thier underwear - especialy pantyhose. The attraction however was more to the clothes than to the women wearing them. So I started wearing my mom and sister's things and sure enough I thought panties and nylons looked just as good on me as they did in the catalogs. I still do ;)

Diane CHILDS
01-10-2006, 05:39 PM
I was always drawn to stockings and tights like most of us, and used to secretly sneek them out of my mothers cupboard to try on.

I really got started on my lifelong passion in the mid 70's. I was a glam rock fan and had long straight rather girly hair much like "The Sweet" . I didn't have a sister but in the summer we used to have female French students staying with the family to learn English.

One summer when I was about 12 we had a very attractive 15 or 16 yr old Parisian girl staying with us. I don't know if she realised that I had been looking through her clothes, but one day when we were talking about David Bowie (Ziggy Stardust) she said that with my hair and very slim build she could make me look like a convincing girl. I didn't reply out of embarassment, but she asked outright would you like to dress like a girl?. By this time I was bright red and scared by the thought but more so of what my parents would think if they found out. I said "no thanks"

For the next few days I couldn't stop thinking about it. I waited for a time when I knew we were going to be alone for several hours and told her that as long as she promised not to tell anyone, it might be fun (understatement).

She really went to town on me with makeup, mini skirt, tights and heels.
I looked really good but felt even better, apart from the sexual excitement my body felt like jelly and I was so happy. The experience was repeated a couple of times before she returned to France.

When she went home (taking her clothes with her !) I was left feeling low and very confused with no way of repeating the experience.

Then when I was 18..... I got my own flat!

InHerShoes
01-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Great story Diane!! That's the kind of experience I could only dream of at that age.

Michellemartyn
01-10-2006, 06:39 PM
after 40 or so year you would think Id had my fill BUT NO CHANCE .
from 8 to 18 I played at it then meet two girl at a party and toke a shine to a dress one had on so just for fun I jumped in to it.
Littel did they no how good I was at this game. For a number of years after all three of us would go clubing all girls together.
I am friends with them to this day but the young and free days were just brill
I still like the clubs even at 51
Michellexxxxxxx

Olivia
01-10-2006, 09:11 PM
I was 13, we were living in Geelong, Victoria, Australia for my dad's job. My room was sort of remote from the rest of the house so I had a lot of privacy. Too much I guess. One afternoon, there was mom's bra in the laundry. Hmmm...for some reason, I just had to try it. Schwiiiiing!!! Lol! I felt as though I had been hit by lightening. It was just incredible, I could not believe how good it felt. I was hooked my dears. Soon, the dressing became inextricably linked with pleasure. Well, it still is in some many ways. On a side note, related to my very strong "submissive" curiousity, I can distinctly remember playing with a girl cousin, a month older than myself and she was leading me around on a leash while I crawled on all fours. Whatdya know? A 6 year old with a "woody"! It excited me even then.
Olivia

wo-MAN
01-10-2006, 11:13 PM
I was in the 4th grade over at a friend's house with my sister when they decided to play house with a four girl family. There were only 3 girls at the time so I had to be the fourth. Ever since I have alwasy wanted to wear dresses.

Shiny
01-11-2006, 01:50 AM
It was definitely the nylon stockings, the old fashioned kind that the women used to wash and then hang over the shower rod to dry. It was back in the day when women wore the real deal before pantyhose. I always loved how the ladies legs shined and how they swished when they crossed their legs so when I got the chance I tried it myself with almost mind-numbing results! I passed the incident off as "experimentation" but quietly kept at it until I started getting hair on my legs. I remember the nylon pulling the hairs and matting them down in clumps on my legs then one night over the school holiday with no gym class in site I decided to shave my legs, just to "see" what it would be like. Yeah, another mind blowing experience once I did! I don't remember seeing a hair on my legs for the past 20+ years now!