PDA

View Full Version : Eye Appt for Michelle

AKAMichelle
05-09-2011, 10:19 AM
I spend an awful lot of time out as Michelle and I have been thinking seriously about going to the doctor as Michelle. I don't think that it would cause any issue since I have to pay out of my pocket for the visit. I need contacts and think would be a really neat adventure.

I have a tendency to do ordinary things as Michelle and push the limits. Does anyone see any issues with this that I don't see at the moment?

Lorileah
05-09-2011, 11:14 AM
After 100 years of wearing glasses (Ok 45) i got contacts last year. My optometrist was very supportive when I explained why and his staff loves my looks (so far though I haven't been in dressed because I go on days I have to go back to work). Go for it Michelle, I got tired of squinting all night long and having to use whomever I was with as a guide. Still need reading glasses though

AKAMichelle
05-09-2011, 11:40 AM
After 100 years of wearing glasses (Ok 45) i got contacts last year. My optometrist was very supportive when I explained why and his staff loves my looks (so far though I haven't been in dressed because I go on days I have to go back to work). Go for it Michelle, I got tired of squinting all night long and having to use whomever I was with as a guide. Still need reading glasses though

I have to carry reading glasses with me in my purse all the time, but I wear contacts all the time. I just got to thinking why should it matter. I am planning on going to the doctor while dressed because if I go on this friday it will be before karaoke and some shopping that I need to do. Plus I could go get a mani / pedi while I am out. I also need to get me a haircut and I go dressed because of my wiglet so I have loads of things to do as Michelle. This just fits into my schedule better at the moment.

kimdl93
05-09-2011, 01:02 PM
I can't see any reason not to go en femme.

AllieSF
05-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Michelle you have given us all the reasons to go as Michelle. You have answered your question and knowing you had already made up your mind anyway. Enjoy and let us know how it went.

boardpuppy
05-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Allie is right, just go as Michelle, you have already desided, just enjoy.....

Jorja
05-09-2011, 02:31 PM
You know that you will have to buy contacts or glasses for the male side, don't you? Women have eagle eyes and see everything a man does right or wrong. Therefore, the eyesight will be diffrent enfemme or drab. :heehee:

AKAMichelle
05-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Michelle you have given us all the reasons to go as Michelle. You have answered your question and knowing you had already made up your mind anyway. Enjoy and let us know how it went.

You are right. I have already decided to do it, but because this is a unique step it requires a lot of additional thoughts. I will be using Michelle Tayloe name completely and doing everything in this appt as Michelle.

This is kind of like my drivers license. I was ready to go get my photo as Michelle until I realized a few things that I hadn't thought about. Like the DL I just wanted to make sure I covered everything prior to the trip.

AllieSF
05-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the info. When you plan on presenting as Michelle including ID, that is another matter. I had thought that you were just thinking/planning about going dressed en femme or maybe not. Regarding names and ID's, that becomes legal things as they relate to billing, insurance, et al. You can still go dressed as Michelle, ask them to refer to you as Michelle and use the correct pronouns, which out of common professional courtesy, should not be a problem for you. Again, good luck and enjoy.

AKAMichelle
05-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Use Michelle name but it has nothing to do with insurance. I have no eye insurance so the bill is completely mine. Just pay with cash. The Rx will be in Michelle's name.

This has nothing to do with changing my name legally.

Robin Lee
05-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Hi Michelle,
I had to change doctors this year as my work changed over to Kaiser. So I thought what a better time to come 100 % clean with my new doctor than now. I am so glad I did as I went down my list of what I was being treated for and medications, I was on the last item and told her that I was transgendered. She just asked me why I thought that I was Transgendered, so I showed her a few 8X10 pictures of Robin out and about. Thing went so well that I asked her about HRT and with out bating a eye she referred me to the endocrinologist. Like you Robin is just me I go where ever I need to go do. So as it is written, YOU GO GIRL!

Best Wishes
Robin Lee

PretzelGirl
05-09-2011, 08:04 PM
If you are going out after, bring your eye make-up for touch-up. They will probably put those dang dialating drops in your eyes and mess with your mascara and shadow.

Jorja
05-09-2011, 09:58 PM
If you are going out after, bring your eye make-up for touch-up. They will probably put those dang dialating drops in your eyes and mess with your mascara and shadow.

No no, dialating of for the other place :D

RenneB
05-09-2011, 10:08 PM
I too went to the eye dr ..... en MM though. I got contacts for the express reason of going out with sun glasses as Renne. However, since I have these things called "progressives", the contacts are good for far only. Okay to drive and even see the speedometer, but that's about it. Trying to read a paper or a tag, and I have to bring out the cheaters. The SO had a pair that she doesn't use anymore and gave them to me. Not knowing that they were for Renee. No Renee and the SO have never met. Maybe in another world....

Renne......

Diane Smith
05-10-2011, 02:12 AM
I have visited the optometrist en femme about three times so far, in two different locations. No problems at all, except at the second place, they had some trouble figuring out the name for the records and insurance, and caused a little bit of embarassment by discussing it audibly with me in the waiting room. Other than that, everything was smooth. My latest exam was in a more formal medical setting after I had cataract surgery last fall, and being known to multiple doctors there, I went in boyclothes, although I'm not really sure that prevents anybody from reading me anymore. However, it was Diane that subsequently visited Lenscrafters to get the prescription filled -- one pair for him and two for her.

- Diane

eluuzion
05-10-2011, 02:24 AM
Another issue worth considering is that in most trips to a physician, the female clothing has no effect on the medical issue.

In the case with your eyes, it may be relevant. Knowing you wear eye make-up is giving the medical professional all the information to make an accurate assessment. Maybe some component of your eye makeup or application process has an effect on your eyes. Maybe not. But I would want to be informed of all pertinent info if I was the examiner.

:love:

AKAMichelle
05-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Since nobody has found any reason that I shouldn't go to the appt as Michelle. I am going. I will tell everyone how it turned out later this weekend.

diannecourtney
05-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Your sounding just like a woman, maybe you will see eye to eye with el doctor. Good "looking".