PDA

View Full Version : Does dressing stress u out?

docrobbysherry
05-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Well, not the actual dressing itself, but when PREPARING TO DRESS?
Once I START dressing, I'm FINE!:D

I usually dress to the 9's when I DO dress. And, often begin preparing for a session weeks in advance. Just before I begin, I'm ALWAYS stressed that I've left something at my storeroom at work. Or, forgotten to buy something I'll need! Or, I worry about forgetting to put on a "final touch" item. :brolleyes:

With good reason! I've often left a hair ribbon, necklace, etc. on my bathroom counter! Or, like finding out I left all my wigs at home when I arrived at DLV in Vegas recently!:doh:

Anyone ELSE get stressed about your impending CD sessions?:straightface:

TGMarla
05-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Naw....dressing, preparing to dress, being dressed....it doesn't stress me out at all, really. In fact, it's a real stress reliever. I do get a little stressed putting everything away, though. I really don't want to leave clues behind for my wife to find. She knows I do this, but I prefer not to rub her face in it.

Debra Russell
05-09-2011, 11:23 AM
The stress comes from not being able to, Marla is right it is a real stress reliever! -- A little stressfull in jockying for time --....

Stephanie47
05-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm in the stress reliever camp on this one. If I knew I would not be able to dress for a long period of time, then I'd be stressed. During the summer I cannot be en femme, so I do get anxious and look forward to the beginning of the school year. I find it very calming to be fully en femme. I love doing traditional womanly chores dressed in a pretty dress and heels. The only stressful part of cross dressing is seeing a pretty ensemble in a store window or department stores display, and, not having the 'balls' to try it on.

suchacutie
05-09-2011, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't call it stress, but there certainly has to be planning. My life (lives?) is (are) rather full, as they say. Everything takes planning, and that includes quality Tina time! Some might call that stress, but I don't. It's just life! I enjoy a very full life and all the benefits. That kind of life comes with the need to juggle and balance and prioritize...it's just part of the territory.

So, when it comes to Tina, I'm looking for a block of time where Tina and her girlfriend (my wife) can enjoy their time together. If my wife is not available, then we plan time for just Tina.

The only stress is complaining about making sure Tina's makeup is just so! She's such a fastidious girl!!!!

NicoleScott
05-09-2011, 12:06 PM
It sounds like you're a perfectionist, Doc, and that when you dress you want everything to be perfect. I can relate to freting over every detail. I can't dress as often as when I was younger (without children), so I want the absolute best experience when I get the chance. I plan well in advance, and even make lists of things I need to do or get. Yes, it's a bit obsessive, but that's just the way it is. Works for me.

Sarah_Jane
05-09-2011, 12:08 PM
I can relate to the stressing aspects of it, for me the thought of going through the effort of getting dressed just to have to undress when the roomie gets home, or the dogs need to go out, or if I have to run to the store, etc. can make it almost not worth it. Notice I said almost, as a lifelong CD I have always been able to make time for dressing, in the end it is a stress reliever.

Jilmac
05-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Usually I don't stress out when I dress because I live alone, can dress any time I want, and don't have to worry about a stash or leaving evidence. About the only time I get stressed is when I'm dressing or packing for a special event. The upcoming BeAll conference in Chicago is one particular event that stresses me out becuse I want to look my best among all the other beautiful girls who will also be there.

Rachel05
05-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Dressing for me has the opposite effect, relives stress and I enjoy the relaxed time I have before and during and just after, then I kind of have a little withdrawal and want to be dressed again

Julie Denier
05-09-2011, 01:58 PM
NOT dressing stresses me out, especially if I haven't dressed in a while. Going through a spot of that right now; won't get another chance until next week ...

ArleneRaquel
05-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Dressing enfemme is in my case a great stress reliever. Not being Arlene is stressfull.

Ash Leland
05-09-2011, 02:00 PM
It kind of does. My life is kind of hectic so I normally don't have time to do everything with my hair, or practice with make up as often as I would like, although I usually do both as much as I can on Saturday mornings or Friday nights...if I can be sure if privacy D<

I guess what stresses me out is not knowing if or when I'll be able to go all out, although I'm fine with going part of the way every other day or so. I agree with Sarah Jane that having to tip toe around others is not fun...but it's better than not doing it at all. At least for me.

It's kind of a stress reliever...it makes me feel good about myself and I like being seen en femme, which is something I might not be able to do for the whole summer. Grr.

So those are the aspects I find stressful :P

roberta c
05-09-2011, 02:15 PM
i think if any think not dressing stresses me out

Jennifer in CO
05-09-2011, 02:24 PM
stress relief?...no...stress RELEASE!!

Kelli Lovelace
05-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Before I came out to my wife it was stressful...trying not leave evidence out. But now that she knows and is somewhat accepting (she has gotten a lot more accepting over time) I find that dressing (and everything that goes with it) is a major stress reliever. In fact, there's been a couple of times recently when my wife has noticed that I was getting stressed out over work stuff and she suggests that I have some "dress up" time to relax!

hollydee
05-09-2011, 02:32 PM
I find it relaxes me when dressed

Jennyfir
05-09-2011, 02:50 PM
I don't really ever get stressed out when I dress because I only have a few outfits, but going out dressed makes me paranoid. Unfortunately, I am 20 years old and live with my parents, which in turn means that I have to always be on the look out when I'm out and about. If my parents ever found out that I CD, they would flip out hardcore.

Leslie Langford
05-09-2011, 03:07 PM
The only stress I feel when crossdressing is the impatience of wanting to get out the door A.S.A.P. when I am preparing to go out en femme, and all the stars have aligned to make this possible.

But then I have to choose an outfit (or as the GG's would put it - "I have nothing to wear!!!" ;)), the right wig and lingerie, accessories and matching shoes with the appropriate heel height (depending on the occasion), along with the million and one other details that need to be attended to. A labor of love, to be sure, but it still takes time. And then there's the make up, and the effort required to get it just right...

But the rush I experience when I see the finished product and am finally ready to walk out the door makes it all worthwhile - priceless!

Genivieve
05-09-2011, 03:11 PM
It only stresses me because I have to hide everything. On top of al the work it takes to try and look remotely feminine, I am always looking over my shoulder. Then, I have to pack up everything and try not to leave evidence. I guess the expense is stressful too. Unless I fully come out I have to buy clothes, makeup, and wigs that are dreadful...wasted money.

kimdl93
05-09-2011, 03:16 PM
not really. I'm prettty relaxed, since I spend most days dressed. Back in the past, before the girls left home (mostly) I stressed a bit more.

sweetjan
05-09-2011, 04:43 PM
I am never stessed out thinking about dressing or being dressed. I am much more relaxed when I am dressed.

Lori B
05-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Naw....dressing, preparing to dress, being dressed....it doesn't stress me out at all, really. In fact, it's a real stress reliever. I do get a little stressed putting everything away, though. I really don't want to leave clues behind for my wife to find. She knows I do this, but I prefer not to rub her face in it.

Marla pretty much said where I`m at.........:)

Alice Torn
05-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Because I have felt guilty about being born, and about most things in life, from a guilt based family, I do feel some stress , along with enjoyment, and relaxing when dressed. Afterwards, especially if there was a release, guilt and stress are a problem for about a day. I have trouble facing people afterwards, sometimes. Since my libido is almost dried up, I usually don't act out sexually, for the last few years. There is much less stress when i just dress, take videos, pics, then change back. Going out in public is another horse! Stress level hyper! But, the past few times out, last summer, I had less stress, than earlier adventures.

Vickie_CDTV
05-10-2011, 03:28 AM
I can relate to the stress. It takes so much prep and planning for me to dress up and go out, it can be quite stressful trying to make everything work. When it doesn't all come together, it is even worse. It can be such a project for me, and it is one reason I don't dress up and go out as much anymore.

Kate Simmons
05-10-2011, 05:27 AM
Not as much as the five pounds I recently gained Hon.:heehee:

erickka
05-10-2011, 05:35 AM
Not at all. It actually relaxes me, especially if I have some time to actually lounge around and enjoy the feel of the clothes,etc., and reflect upon the balance it brings to my life,

Pythos
05-10-2011, 09:51 AM
The only thing that stresses me out, is either getting out the door before the parental unit get home, or getting back to "normal" clothes before their return. Otherwise, I find this "hobby" to be a great stress reliever, and when I actually get to go out and about skirted, it is really nice once in an area that is not full of ignoramuses.

Jo7
05-10-2011, 12:06 PM
I cannot say how totally relieved I am. Before I found this website I didn't know if I was losing my mind, or what. But thank God, you're all just like me, you've got wives, and do you know what, I'm just going to stop worrying about it. Life is too short to waste a single minute worrying about what we do and why we do it. I like doing what we do, I don't know why, I don't care, I'm just going to enjoy it for as long as I can.

Michelle Crossfire
05-10-2011, 12:11 PM
i dont put that much planning into it. i don't go out when dressed, so that may keep it more simple for me, but i try to keep it somewhat spontaneous. It is also a stress reliever for me.

JaytoJillian
05-10-2011, 04:03 PM

Putting everything away is the absolute worst.

docrobbysherry
05-10-2011, 11:38 PM
I can relate to the stress. It takes so much prep and planning for me to dress up and go out, it can be quite stressful trying to make everything work. When it doesn't all come together, it is even worse. It can be such a project for me, and it is one reason I don't dress up and go out as much anymore.

YES! THAT'S what I'm talking about, Vickie! Like most here, while I'm dressing and dressed, I FEEL GREAT! But, maybe I'm a bit obsessive about trying to improve my looks. It's SO disappointing when I look at pics later that I'd be embarassed to show to anyone!

Putting everything away is the absolute worst.

Not for ME, Jill! I'm usually quite relaxed and satisfied AFTER a session! And, my bedroom and bathroom r so destroyed as to be completely unusable! Thank goodness I have to put everything away before my kid comes. Otherwise, I'm such a slob, I'd probably just kick all the clothes into the corner of my bedroom and fill up my bath tub with forms, jewelry, and wigs!

diannecourtney
05-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Holly cow -- The otherstress, Oh such a release, girls things are absolutely the ultimate release!!! The other week in the salon was the most enjoyable hour I ever had since beginning to dress.

divamissz
05-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Getting ready, especially if I have no idea what I'm wearing, stresses me. Or if I'm running late, or if I can't get my makeup to look right or...Yeah, I'm a mess. I actually do far better once I AM dressed-then I relax.

Melissa52uk
05-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Definitely stress release .... I love everything about getting dressed, from shaving in the shower to walking down the stairs dressed .... :-)

Melissa x

Breannah
05-13-2011, 12:09 PM
The actual dressing doesn't stress me, But i have to admit i get worried after if i go straight out that i may have left something noticeable out of place! I once left a used makeup wipe on the side by bathroom mirror and know that day was probably the most iv ever been worried incase someone got home before i did and saw it.

Anna B
05-13-2011, 12:31 PM
The actual dressing doesn't stress me, But i have to admit i get worried after if i go straight out that i may have left something noticeable out of place! I once left a used makeup wipe on the side by bathroom mirror and know that day was probably the most iv ever been worried incase someone got home before i did and saw it.

Wow, Breannah, I know that feeling! Did I put all my female clothes away? Did I clean myself up? Did I leave my heels where I took them off? It does stress you out a bit, till you get home and check, hopefully before anyone else checks...

Anna x

Melissa52uk
05-13-2011, 12:42 PM

I'm so lucky not to have that problem. Now fully dressed and my wife is cooking dinner for us. I also have my own girly bedroom as we sleep separately .....

Melissa x