PDA

View Full Version : Help Suzy out with some excuses girls.

suzy1
05-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I was at home, Dressed, and make up on. It was 8.30 pm yesterday. I was expecting no one.
Then the door bell rang!
What do you do?
There is only one thing you can do. Pretend you are out. So that’s what I did.
But it takes nerve.
You just have to keep telling yourself they don’t have a key. They will go away. And they did.
What you don’t know is who it was, a cold caller or someone you know?
So the excuses if it was someone you know.
You where in the shower.
You where asleep in front of the T.V.
You had the plague and did not want to pass it on [perhaps not]
You had just popped out to the shop.
You had been intending to fix that door bell for weeks.

Any more you can think of girls.
They could come in handy sometime.

SUZY

SherriePall
05-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Suzy -- If they don't call ahead of time and just expect you to be hospitable at that time of evening (assuming that it is a time past when you would normally receive visitors), then they should expect no excuses, but should offer an apology to you instead.
However, if I felt obligated to offer one it would be that I was in the shower or detained in some other part of the bathroom.

kimdl93
05-10-2011, 02:48 PM
I was asleep seems like a good one.

TGMarla
05-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Sherrie's right. They ought to call first.

But then, I was out in the back yard.
I was out jogging.
I was out driving my other car. (Assuming they saw mine in the driveway)
I was crossdressed and really didn't want to answer the door.

Wait....scratch that last one.

I was riding my bike.
I was on the phone upstairs and didn't hear the bell.
I was fixing the washing machine.
I was out in the garage.

Anne2345
05-10-2011, 02:53 PM
As far as excuses go, I believe you have hit the good ones. The way I see it, if someone rings the doorbell unannounced or without having called in advance, the chances are it is probably not someone I care to see regardless. So if I choose not to answer the door, so be it. If the visit is important, they will call from their cell phone. Sometimes I simply do not want to deal with an unannounced visit from the outside world without advanced notice. This is true whether I am dressed or not. I do not intend to be rude, but a good friend or family member will usually be courteous enough to call in advance, so I generally can exclude such people from the list of people ringing the door bell. As a result, when I choose not to answer the door, I do not feel the slightest amount of guilt about it. If you need an excuse, though, the excuses you listed are sufficient. I have used some of them before myself. Except for the plague excuse. Nice! I like that one! LOL! :)

sissystephanie
05-10-2011, 03:16 PM
If someone rings my doorbell at 8:30 PM, it better either be a family member or a neighbor who has a serious need!! Whichever, the door is not going to be opened until I have changed some clothes!! I do have a peep-hole so that I can see who is at the door without being seen!! BTW, my family members know to call me before coming to the door! I don't need any excuses!!

Anna B
05-10-2011, 03:27 PM
detained in some other part of the bathroom.

A quite lovely turn of phrase!

How about:

I was in a neighbours house, helping her with something?
I was mending a puncture on my bicycle?
I was down by the river fishing?
I'd gone shopping on foot, (cos the car was still in the drive)?
I'd been taken to hospital by ambulance?

I'd been eaten by a plague of soldier ants...whoa, back to reality, sister!

Anna x

suzy1
05-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Are you taking this seriously Anna?
I don’t have a bike. We don’t have soldier ants, I don’t even have a river.
This really happened you know!

“Detained in the bathroom”? Doing what? Don’t answer that.

Anna B
05-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Hi Suzy, yes I know, its happened to me a couple of times too. I just hid behind the curtains and pretended I wasn't in. But I secretly wondered what would have happened if I'd answered the door en femme...

Anna x

abigailf
05-10-2011, 03:38 PM
My favorite excuse "I was in the bedroom masturbating."

That usually shuts them right up, or gets a laugh.

fran46
05-10-2011, 03:38 PM
How about...

* I had just poked myself in the eye with my mascara wand.
* The hair dryer I use on my wig is so loud.
* I broke a heel on my way to the door.

JaytoJillian
05-10-2011, 04:08 PM
I was really under the weather

I was plugged in to my i-pod

I was on an important phone call

I thought it was a solicitor

The doorbell must be broken

I was in the garage working on the car

Jenny Beth
05-10-2011, 04:16 PM
I had the stereo cranked up with Led Zeppelin and had the head phones on.

NicoleScott
05-10-2011, 04:16 PM
I agree with Sherrie and Stephanie - no excuse needed. If someone chooses not to call first, I can choose not to answer the door, no excuses needed. Someone who demands an explanation is telling you to account for your whereabouts. I won't do it.

joandher
05-10-2011, 04:21 PM
I was taking the Dog for a walk, if you havnt got a dog it was the neighbours dog

HUGS J-JAY

Rianna Humble
05-10-2011, 04:22 PM
“Detained in the bathroom”? Doing what? Don’t answer that.

Or in British, "You caught me in the smallest room in the house"

Leyna
05-10-2011, 04:25 PM

Thank you, I needed a laugh today.

Jeanna
05-10-2011, 04:25 PM
I was fixing my makeup and you left too quickly

Leyna
05-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Or...

"Oh, was that you? Sorry, I get very focused when I'm crossdressing, and I didn't even realize you someone was there until after you had left. You know, should try it some time! I just found this KILLER pair of boots, and such an adorable babydoll that you.would.not.believe, that would be PERFECT for you!"

Anna B
05-10-2011, 04:35 PM
"Oh, was that you? Sorry, I get very focused when I'm crossdressing, and I didn't even realize you someone was there until after you had left. You know, should try it some time! I just found this KILLER pair of boots, and such an adorable babydoll that you.would.not.believe, that would be PERFECT for you!"

You know, I think that would really freak them out...

Anna x

Kaz
05-10-2011, 04:38 PM
I remember when this happened to me but I then realised it was the postman with something I actually needed for work that day... if they left I would have had to pick it up the next day. I panicked and I also chickened out of the obvious "outing". I remember hitting the upstairs bathroom above the front door, opening the window and shouting out "can you just open the door and leave it on the mat"... trying to keep out of visible contact... it took a conversation to make this little act work, but it did.

Doesn't help you Suzy... the door wasn't locked and I had the upstairs window... but what the heck!

kendra_gurl
05-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Suzy

I am so sorry you didn't get my private message in time to know it was Kendra knocking on your door all decked out in my party dress in finest lingerie to take you to dinner and dancing.

Seriously: I stay late and dress in the office of my business quite frequently and have at times locked up a little early. I solved the problem of not knowing who it was by installing a security camara so I can see them. Still finding a sutiable excuse for you is a problem. The I must have been in the shower or soaking in the tub seems best for 8:30 pm but you may need something better for earlier in the day

the_me
05-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Oh, I do this all the time watching my friend's apartment when he's at work on the weekends... Just don't answer. I don't even turn down the volume on whatever video I'm watching (although will avoid making it obvious I am awake and ignoring them.)

"I was sleeping." is always a winner.
"I (was / must have been) in the (bathroom / shower)." works just fine.
"I was DRRRRRRRUuuuuuunk." has actually worked.

You have tons of options. Write out some of the plausible ones and toss darts at them when you need a quick one next time. ;)

Leslie Langford
05-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Well, Suzy, there are two issues here as I see it:

1) Coming up with a plausible set of excuses that you can fall back on for the next time - and there will be a next time, since Murphy's Law is one of the few immutable constants in our universe (besides death and taxes, that is ;))

The other gurlz here have already given you plenty to work with, but I find that something along the lines of "Sorry, I didn't hear the doorbell because my shotgun went off accidentally while I was cleaning it and temporarily deafened me" usually sends the appropriate signal.

2) The fact that you somehow feel guilty for not having answered when the doorbell rang.

Advice columnist Ann Landers once put it something like this: "If you are uninvited or unexpected, then you are also unwelcome". I think the old gal was onto something here, and I fully subscribe to that POV. I have no problem ignoring the front door or the telephone in such instances if I want to be left alone, or am doing something which interests me more or is more important (and what could possibly be more important than some "me" time for crossdressing?). Then again, maybe I'm slowly drifting into old fart-hood and am just becoming a grumpy old crossdresser. And while you're at it - get off my lawn! ;)

Anna B
05-10-2011, 05:26 PM
You lot are awful! These excuses! I have a growing urge to just answer the door when dressed. I haven't done it yet but I wonder what the reaction would be...

Kaz
05-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Anna,

I am there too! Wouldn't it be a blast!

Jess Marie
05-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Say you had the runs. I'm sure they will not ask any more questions and just let it be

kendra_gurl
05-10-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm sorry I was polishing my nails and couldn't open the door without messing them up

Carroll
05-10-2011, 08:23 PM
"I saw you coming up the drive and decided That I didn't want to talk to you at the time"
"the potty was plugged up and I was plunging"
" You kidding...I never heard you bang...err...knock on the door"
" You didn't use the door bell. I never answer the knocks"
" I was just too damn lazy to get up and answer the door"

Jorja
05-10-2011, 09:45 PM
You lot are awful! These excuses! I have a growing urge to just answer the door when dressed. I haven't done it yet but I wonder what the reaction would be...

Anna,

I am there too! Wouldn't it be a blast!

I actually did this on several occasions before I went full time. The look of shock on their face is worth it. Then the next day at work they walk around with a glassy eyed look. So much better than just not answering the door :D

RenneB
05-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Sorry my closet doesn't have a door bell.... LOL... Actually, I disconnected our doorbell. When someone pushed the button, I don't anything and they don't think to knock so they just go away... Only those people I know, know to knock, but that is after they call to make sure that I'm home. No "just droppin' by friends" for this girl.

Oh, I'm sorry, I must have been in the garage with my earmuffs on. Can't hear a think I'd say to the rare person who follows up sometime later...

Renne.....

Chickhe
05-11-2011, 12:16 AM
...I saw you at the door and I didn't answer it because I wanted to find out how long you would wait before leaving.

suzy1
05-11-2011, 02:56 AM
Thank you girls. What can I say?

What I can say is that you are a devious lot! Some of your excuses are shocking to an innocent English girl like me.

The Lady Suzy.

eluuzion
05-11-2011, 05:06 AM
When your doorbell rings unexpectedly, particularly after dark...
What are the chances of something good being on the other side of your front door if you opened it?

I never answer my doorbell. But I always know when somebody is approaching (motion sensor trips inside audio chime in my office). I know who it is by looking a the monitor in my office (cam outside). My house always looks like nobody is home.

But that is not your question.

If I was in your position. I would not feel compelled to answer at all. But if I did decide to answer that question from somebody...I would be darn sure my first response would be "What time did you come by?" Otherwise, your credibility goes right out the window.

Here is another consideration to escalate the drama... What would you do if that person did know you and decided to call you on your cell phone? :heehee:

I can't offer any generic excuses that work in any circumstance. But I can tell you how to modify your house and behavior to allow you to ignore the doorbell whenever you desire without facing any negative consequences at all. But that's a different topic...

or you could try this option...
http://www.alibinetwork.com/index.jsp

:love:

RADER
05-11-2011, 10:01 AM
In my neighborhood, when the door bell rings, it is generally someone looking
to sell you something you do not need, or convert you to a religious group.
Be glad you did not answer the door; You probably saved some money or at least
saved yourself from a fate from going to the unpromising land.
Although if you answered the door in a real bad fem outfit, maybe you would scare
them away for life. That would be to good to be true. LOL
Rader

Tammy V
05-11-2011, 04:40 PM
I have a long history of not answering the door, whether en femme or not. If someone does not call first I will rarely answer it, but my excuse would eb I was in the shower or "couldn't make it to the door in time."

Jilmac
05-11-2011, 04:53 PM
At that time of evening, in the shower, and asleep in front of the TV works for me. Another good excuse is vacuuming the carpets.

Billie Jean
05-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi Suzy, yes I know, its happened to me a couple of times too. I just hid behind the curtains and pretended I wasn't in. But I secretly wondered what would have happened if I'd answered the door en femme...

Anna xI've often wondered that. Billie Jean

sandra-leigh
05-11-2011, 06:03 PM
I just answer the door in whatever clothes I'm wearing. (If I'm in the middle of changing then I toss on whatever is handy and fast to put on.) Just like I did today when the supervisor of our regular contractor dropped by. It isn't the first time he's seen me in one of my nightgowns and it probably wont' be the last. Certainly our postman and all the major parcel delivery company drivers have seen me in something obvious. When our previous postman retired last year, the way he spoke about how "appropriate" it was that it happened to be our place that he was making his very last delivery to, I got the impression that he too is a crossdresser.

My "Just answer the door" solution is not for everyone, but I have no expectation that my dressing is a secret -- it couldn't possibly be a secret after the number of times I've taken the city bus in a skirt, or gone shopping at the mall or grocery stores in a skirt or dress.

Kaz
05-11-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm with you Anna... pact?

Anna B
05-11-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm with you Anna... pact?

Mmm, I dunno. May Chicken out...

Pact babe. When we gonna do it?

Anna x

Debglam
05-11-2011, 06:57 PM

:rofl: Girl, you are KILLIN' me! :)

Helen_Highwater
05-11-2011, 07:36 PM
In the shower; on the loo; I went for a walk to the local convenience store (out of ...... oh yes toilet roll and shower gel).

Fab Karen
05-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Just tell 'em you were out shopping for dresses. :)
None of their business, you weren't home is good enough for them. & mention "I'd appreciate it if you called first."

"My favorite excuse "I was in the bedroom masturbating.""
Or: I was in bed with two hot men, couldn't stop in the middle of THAT.:devil:

Frédérique
05-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Help Suzy out with some excuses girls...

Here’s a few you can try out:

I was giving my wombat a long-overdue flea bath…
I was engrossed in a fascinating TV program about alternative sexual practices in Madagascar…
I’m neither here nor there, which is neither here nor there…
I’m NOT well…
I was re-arranging my collection of antique corsetry…
I overdosed on cheese balls and whiskey and fell asleep…
I couldn’t pull myself away - Jayawardene was only two runs away from a double-century!
I never answer the door during the second week of May…
I was listening to polka music on headphones…
My cat was giving me a shampoo…
I was unable to remove my patent leather mask in time...
I thought you might have been Frédérique...:eek: