PDA

View Full Version : Stone age Trans-Gender!

Sejd
05-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Here is an interesting discovery for you all. Grave of Stone Age ‘gender bender’ excavated in Prague
http://sejd2spirit.blogspot.com

Teri Jean
05-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Yep that was Great-great-great-great-great- grandpa/ma on my mom's side of the family.

Persephone
05-12-2011, 03:37 AM
That is REALLY interesting, Sejd! Thanks!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Melody Moore
05-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I read about this find about a week ago, but it's not the first discovery of it's type, but it's age & location in Europe
is what I think is most significant. Because this is where you find that more of bigotry towards transgender people
came from Western/European cultures while its been more accepted in places like Asia, the Pacific & the Americas.

So this only confirms that transgendered people have been around since time began for mankind. Other intersexed
babies & other babies born with physical deformities were killed at birth & often thought to be an omen of evil. It
is also believed that in many tribes, cultures or early societies in Europe seen the transgendered or gay people as
being unproductive to their communities & societies. They couldn't have kids & often couldn't do the work of other
males & fight so this is why they were ostracised & also killed. The reason I think that more men are affected than
women is related to the fact that males are more likely to be affected by hormonal changes during foetal development
due to how the whole developmental process works. All men start out as females & develop in the male direction through
the action of testosterone.

Your translation of 'What is a Trans person?' from the TID web
site is very interesting, especially the part that I highlighted here.

A human being, a man or a woman who wants to more or less dress or feel like a the other gender. It may be that it is unusual, but it is actually perfectly normal. Trans Gender behavior appears in all cultures of this world and is known throughout history. It is not tied to any sex, education or skill. Mostly it is men who is recognized as TG persons.So I will be following this story & using this new discovery of early transgender/
transsexual culture in my volunteer work in public education & awareness. ;)