PDA

View Full Version : capris

joan47
05-11-2011, 05:48 AM
I just bought several pairs of capris. On mother day I was at my sister inlaws with her daughter and my wife. They were all wearing capris. They all know about my cding but have not seen me totally dressed, however, i have been there in all feminine clothes such a very tight low rise jeans, girls t, and bra and panties, ear rings and thin shaped eyebrows.. The question is, she is having a cook out on Memorial Day, I would love to wear my new capris and sandals to show off my painted toenials (a very neutral shade, beige). What do you think, I have seen some guys wering capris, has anyone seen them in stores for men??

bobbie sue
05-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi Joan I just love wearing my capris and showing off my red toe nails and no i have not seen any for men and do not want to these are for us grils so be proud of who you are and wear your capris.

Carvery Carly
05-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Excuse my ignorance but what are capri's?
Here in UK, a capri is a model of car from the 70's or there abouts.

alice clair
05-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Hi Kimberlee
I havent seen them for men but i see alot of college guys wearing them and most of those waiters you see walking around town have them on, so i would say that they are okay to wear. I have three pairs of them myself, so go for it. Have a fem day!!!

Christie ann
05-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Capri pants are great! I wear them everywhere and have no issues at all. I just wish I could shave my legs to go with the whole look. Oh well...small steps.

Starr
05-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Carvey Carly,

They are a short legged pant, some of us remember them being called pedal pushers.

Kate Lynn
05-11-2011, 09:51 AM
I have one drawer in my chest of drawers that has nothing but capris in it,my favorites are the capris with zippers at the bottom.

What they call capris today,were called clam diggers or peddle pushers back in the 50's and early 60's,I like them,wear them often during the summer.

Stephenie S
05-11-2011, 09:54 AM
I think you should go dressed as in your avatar.

S

Barbra P
05-11-2011, 10:17 AM
I wore capris, as a boy, in the Fifties although they were called something else for boys. The Kingston Trio, Harry Belafonte, and a few others made them popular. I’m much older now and a lot heavier (I now weigh twice what I did then, damn I was skinny then) and I am having a terrible time finding capris, and/or jeans and/or women’s shorts that fit. Yeah I have a large waist but I don’t have big thighs, actually I have very nice legs, probably my best feature. I have always gotten compliments on my legs when going enfemme on Halloween – that would be every Halloween since High School.

Well I’ll just keep looking, with my fingers crossed that I find a pair.

Wendy_Marie
05-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Even here in the buckle of the bible belt of S.W. Missouri I have seen guys in capris as well....I love mine and think they are great for the lovely spring weather we have been having here over the last week. I actually plan to wear my new ones to my therapy appointment tomorrow, that is unless I decide to wear my short shorts instead....I will let the weather and heat decide this for me in the morning though.

Patrice_CD
05-11-2011, 12:19 PM
After reading this thread, I will be wearing my capris when I go to the salon for my pedi tomorrow morning.

Stacy L
05-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Carvey Carly,

They are a short legged pant, some of us remember them being called pedal pushers.

And clam diggers. :)

Billie Jean
05-11-2011, 05:08 PM
For men they are called clam diggers or sailor pants. Billie Jean

Paulacder
05-12-2011, 03:36 AM
I have a couple pair of Capri's that I love wearing in my Adrogynous Mode. They have a couple small buttons at the cuffs. I top them of with a floral top, white canvas deck shoes with a anklet. It's either no one notices or no pne cares. Blends in perfectly in public either at the Mall or just running eerrands.

Tina B.
05-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Back when Harry Belafonte did Day-O, or the banana boat song, we called them Calypso Pants, and wore them with open shirts that tied at the waist. It was great for pool parties and things like that. I wore them all summer long that year.
Tina B.

Jenny Beth
05-12-2011, 11:10 AM
They all know about my cding but have not seen me totally dressed, however, i have been there in all feminine clothes such a very tight low rise jeans, girls t, and bra and panties, ear rings and thin shaped eyebrows.. The question is, she is having a cook out on Memorial Day, I would love to wear my new capris and sandals to show off my painted toenials ??

I'm confused. If they know about your cding and have seen you in feminine clothes why wouldn't you wear your capris? Am I missing something here?

Anna B
05-12-2011, 07:13 PM
bodie and doyle,The Professionals they had a Capri did they not lol.sounds like they are similar to leggings

Wow, there's a blast from the past!

As far as I can tell, Capri pants are "just below the knee" leggings...

A x

Barbra P
05-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Back when Harry Belafonte did Day-O, or the banana boat song, we called them Calypso Pants, and wore them with open shirts that tied at the waist. It was great for pool parties and things like that. I wore them all summer long that year.
Tina B.

I couldn't remember what we called them, but my Wife suggested that she thought they were called Calypso pants, that's two votes for Calypso pants, and I think that is correct. Women are still tying their shirt under their bust, but the fad has long since died for boys, as has Calypso pants. I was sorry to see them go, I hung onto mine for a number of years, until they no longer fit. I liked them much better than shorts ah, the good old days.

t-girlxsophie
05-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Excuse my ignorance but what are capri's?
Here in UK, a capri is a model of car from the 70's or there abouts.
bodie and doyle,The Professionals drove a Capri didnt they lol.they sound just like leggings