PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Band Question???

Briana90802
05-11-2011, 08:35 AM
For those of you are married, engaged, or someday want to be married,(so pretty much everyone) do you have, or want, a femme style wedding ring? I'm getting married May 2012 and I know what kind of ring I want, it's very masculine, and now I'm wondering if I want to go with something femme. A masculine ring, like a watch, is a dead give-away when you're out enfemme.

What are your thoughts?

Gerrijerry
05-11-2011, 08:41 AM
get a second ring that will make you feel better when out dressed. Does not have to be real of course.

Jennifer in CO
05-11-2011, 09:23 AM
shortly after I transitioned in 79 my wife have me a Christmas present...a matching wedding band to the one I had given her 2 years prior at our wedding. I wore it for the next 5 years and even for a while after I transitioned back...but it was a wee bit feminine on a guys finger so I put it away for when I was on the rare occasion out "dressed". My fingers have grown such since then that it would never fit me again even if it had survived the fire.

Jenn

Fractured
05-11-2011, 09:40 AM
I don't wear my band at all. Neither does my SO. For me it was a hassle to take it off while simming - it always felt like it would slip off in the pool. So I eventually just left it off. My SO's hands do not do well in the winter - cracking and bleeding and whatnot. She keeps the ring off to reduce the trauma to her hands. It doesn't bother either of us that the other isn't wearing the ring.

I suppose that if I wanted to wear a band while out and about (assuming I did so) that a more feminine width would be nice.

PamelaRI
05-11-2011, 09:47 AM
My SO and I have matching rings. I have a cubic zirconia ring that I add to that finger for the rare times that I've gone out dressed.

KandisTX
05-11-2011, 11:31 AM
If my wife and I are ever able to find a chance to have our "switch" wedding, I will get a feminine wedding set to wear when dressed. My band at the moment is a simple white gold band not too wide so it is more of a "gender neutral" style so it works okay while I am out dressed.

AKAMichelle
05-11-2011, 11:43 AM
I bought myself a cubic engagement / wedding ring for when I was out dressed.

joannL
05-11-2011, 12:52 PM
I have bought a couple of wedding rings to wear when I'am in fem. They both have the engagement ring also.

aprilgirl
05-11-2011, 01:39 PM
I didn't even want a ring as I had never worn watches or any other jewelry in male mode. My fiancee (who knew I was a cross dresser) preferred that I did and picked one out for me. The only thing I did was to go in and get sized. Subsequently, I had some girls at my office checking out the ring and two of them mentioned seperately that while they liked it, it was a feminine looking ring. I wasn't bothered nor offended by their comments.

I told my wife about the experience and she stated that she picked it out with Kim in mind. Made sense to me, she is so clever and frugal.

Sally24
05-11-2011, 03:33 PM
When my wife qnd I got married we both chose simple white gold bands. We had to put string on one for the ceremony because they were hard to tell apart. She has since given me an engagement ring to match that is very similar to what I gave her 30 years ago. Got to love that woman!

Tammy V
05-11-2011, 04:33 PM
This is a good question and thread. With the recent acceptance of my wife to me dressing, I have been wearing my wedding ring more and more when dressed. It is not a particularly masculine one, nor fem, but now I am considering buying a feminine ring also.

RachelRICD
05-11-2011, 04:37 PM
I have a CZ wedding/engagement I wear at work and when I am out female. Just makes things easier

JaytoJillian
05-11-2011, 04:39 PM
I NEVER take off my wedding band. My solution is to wear a large "stretchy" feminine ring with it when I am out en femme.

5150 Girl
05-11-2011, 04:40 PM
I have a ring with a CZ and a wrap to. I wear it all the time. Nobody seems to notice or care

bobbie sue
05-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Hi ladies i wear the fem ring and my wife wears just a gold band for i am the ladie of the house

Briana90802
05-12-2011, 02:51 PM
These are some great answers, but as far as a unisex ring I can't picture it. Does anyone have a picture or link of what they are talking about?

Melissa52uk
05-12-2011, 03:41 PM
I have a limited edition Omega watch .... But now want to wear everything feminine. Even trying to get my wife to swap my Omega for her cute Raymond Weil gold ladies watch !! She's not having it yet ... LOL

Go for the feminine ring or have a second one .... :-)

Melissa x

Jamie001
05-12-2011, 04:10 PM
I have a limited edition Omega watch .... But now want to wear everything feminine. Even trying to get my wife to swap my Omega for her cute Raymond Weil gold ladies watch !! She's not having it yet ... LOL

Go for the feminine ring or have a second one .... :-)

Melissa x

I have seen a lot of hip GG girls wearing larger men's watches as the "current fashion". I even read an article that large men's watches (high-end brands that cost thousands of dollars) are being sold to women because it is the fashion to wear larger watches. I was purchasing nail polish at Planet Beauty and the very beautiful GG that assisted me was wearing a men's larger gold watch.

ziggie
05-12-2011, 04:15 PM
My wife and i have matching white gold bands. I never thought of them as particularly masculine or feminine.

Leyna
05-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I NEVER take off my wedding band. My solution is to wear a large "stretchy" feminine ring with it when I am out en femme.

Can you post a pic of what you're talking about? I always felt horrible whenever I took off my wedding right to dress.

sometimes_miss
05-12-2011, 04:34 PM
get a second ring that will make you feel better when out dressed. Does not have to be real of course.

+1. Get one of each. Your 'girl' ring can be something with CZ instead of diamonds. Looks the same to the naked eye, and if cut the same, can't be told apart without chemical or electrical analysis.

t-girlxsophie
05-12-2011, 07:01 PM
I married 3 years ago,but my wife and I have always entertained the thought of having some kind of blessing where sophie and her could have a ceremony,sadly though we havent a clue how to start or how to achieve it.We got engaged xmas 06 and on christmas day we exchanged female rings,I got gold ring with amethyst stone was a wonderful sweet moment we shared together that,I guess is as good as a blessing

JohnH
05-12-2011, 07:14 PM
A plain wedding band is quite acceptable for male attire. So there is no need to have a separate "femme" wedding band. My wedding band is 4 mm wide.
It fits in with my moderately long fingernails that have clear nail polish on them even when I am in drab.

Johanna

TxKimberly
05-12-2011, 07:28 PM
For those of you are married, engaged, or someday want to be want be married,(so pretty much everyone) do you have, or want, a femme style wedding? I'm getting married May 2012 and I know what kind of ring I want, it's very masculine, and now I'm wondering if I want to go with something femme. A masculine ring, like a watch, is a dead give-away when you're out enfemme.

What are your thoughts?

These days you can get quite inexpensive but convincing and beautiful female wedding rings at most department stores. Something that looks awesome for only around $50. A couple of years ago, I asked my wife how she felt about it - would you feel like I had betrayed our marriage or vows if I were to wear a fem wedding ring while dressed? She assured me that it was all right with her as long is the ring I wear still represents our love and our vows. :D (That's not verbatim but is essentially what was said)

Rachel Morley
05-12-2011, 08:42 PM
My wife and I have matching, fairly narrow, gold bands. I have small hands and so it looks a little bit girly in boy mode .. but I like that.

Angelofsomekind
05-12-2011, 09:14 PM
I have a second ring for when I'm dressed.

Briana90802
05-12-2011, 10:37 PM
I married 3 years ago,but my wife and I have always entertained the thought of having some kind of blessing where sophie and her could have a ceremony,sadly though we havent a clue how to start or how to achieve it.We got engaged xmas 06 and on christmas day we exchanged female rings,I got gold ring with amethyst stone was a wonderful sweet moment we shared together that,I guess is as good as a blessing

We're planning on having the ceremony on Oahu. There's a guy there that is really open to all types of wedding, including ones dealing with cding. My SO suggested to me that we both have wedding dresses on but I opted for drab as to not ruin any special day. However, she then suggested that I only take pictures with the photographer in a wedding dress. I'm kinda warming up to that one.

Jeannie
05-12-2011, 11:20 PM
I want a more feminine type wedding ring, however when I asked my wife about it she said "If you do I will beat you within an inch of your life, do not take that ring off of your finger unless of course the finger comes off too". Now let me clear the air a little bit. She of course would not beat unless I ask her to, but she has to tie me up first LOL. In most ways she is a very traditional person about some things and very open minded about other things. My job is to guess which ones go where and with what.

eluuzion
05-13-2011, 05:57 AM
The last time (last, as in final) time I got married, we got married on top of Vail Mountain (Colorado). It was just the 2.5 of us (she was pregnant). Pretty cool, we rode up in a private gondola with the preacher to the top. Then had the ceremony in this beautiful rock formation. Then he took pictures with the view behind us. Then we rode the gondola down and partied in town.
Then she had an affair, then we got divorced, then I went bankrupt, then...oh...sorry, got sidetracked...:brolleyes:

Anyway, I could have worn a wedding dress if I wanted to (but then my partner would have pushed me out of the gondola close to the top, lol). Point is, nobody would have really known about it, since it was quite the private event. Great way to get married in a dress if anybody wants to do it sometime!:)

Not sure if you are planning on using "stones" in your ring. But pave' settings (small stones set in a row(s) can pull off the "neutral" look very well. Same with "invisible" settings (can't see the metal that holds the stones).

I inherited a bunch of women's jewelry from the family estate a couple years ago. Mostly antiques. I have about 6 (working) watches and several rings, and a bunch of everything else. Some of the rings are awesome (one has 30 diamonds in it!) but obviously, they are all too small...except for this one, which is a tiny watch that is a finger ring!

Resizing them for myself would definitely leave me no room for any excuses at the jewelers, lol. So I have procrastinated that adventure. But now I can look like a movie star (or a $20 hooker). It’s been fun just trying to figure out what some of this stuff actually is. :doh:
:love:

DAVIDA
05-13-2011, 06:12 AM
I have two male rings. A simple gold band and a ring that Jean gave me years ago that has seven chanel set diamonds.
I also have a women's set that is CZ.
I have used a large solitare diamond with the chanel set ring as a set too.:D