PDA

View Full Version : A perfect world

Jessey
05-12-2011, 01:05 AM
I'm sure most of you girls would agree on this. I have been wishing and wanting a well I have to say it a perfect world. A world that there is no gender based stores,activities,and so on. A world that a man can dress,buy,and be the girl that he wants to be with no descimination. I live in a small comunity and work in a factory with closeminded individuals so its hard for me to ecpress my inner beauty other than behind closed doors. As far as where I work the rule stood for along time anyone could wear shorts as long as their legs were shaved or they had there best pare of hosiery on. Well several years ago a male challenged that shaved his leggs and wore shorts to work. Within a week the man was terminated and the rule was changed to only women can wear shorts to work. Dont know about anyone else but that is plain out discrimination in my book,and I do so wish there would be none of that

eluuzion
05-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Sounds like a "Deliverance" sequel to me.:straightface:

So, what eventually happened to the guy who got fired?

no wait, I changed my mind...I don't want to know...

:love:

Elena Ornamental
05-12-2011, 01:27 AM
Another thing that would give us a more perfect world: there's a common psychological mechanism where someone boosts his (or her) own ego by putting someone else down. Think how society would be changed without that happening!

Tina B.
05-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Not sure that would be a perfect world, if no one cares what a person wears, would we? It's hard this way but I won't even look at a dress if it is advertised as being made to fit a man. I don't want nylon underwear, only nylon panties. I want it for the very reason you want them not to notice, because it is womens wear. I like all of those gender differences!
Tina B.

Noortje
05-13-2011, 06:34 AM
The world will never be perfect, but if we work hard and with courage, it will be better tomorrow than it is today.

Don't do anything that gets you fired or beaten up, though!

Patrice_CD
05-13-2011, 07:41 AM
My SO use to be an HR person and I relayed your story to her. Right off the bat she said "that's discrimination under the original rule".

Sara Jessica
05-13-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm not a proponent of the perfect world you describe. I appreciate the differences between genders. My issue is that I was drafted onto the wrong team. That said, a perfect world from my perspective would be one where the differences between the sexes remain but that anyone who wished to express themselves in a manner that might be contrary to their given gender is accepted 100%.

Jocelyn Quivers
05-13-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm basically with Sara's take on this. In exploring further, I understand the right of an employer to dictate certain dress code policy for each gender. The perfect world version would be, not extending that policy to what one chooses to wear on their off time when off the company clock.

TGMarla
05-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Yup. Sara pegged it. I know that some people think they want an androgynous world, but I really don't. I like the differences between men and women. I'd just like to be able to emulate the other gender without the social repercussions that go along with that. Like Sara, I feel like I lost the ol' genetic crapshoot at birth. I often wonder ath the fact that, but for a moment of fate where a 50% chance of either gender could have happened, I might have been female in this life. It didn't happen, and I have some regret about that. But to me, androgyny is not the answer. Tolerance and understanding would be much better.