PDA

View Full Version : I Have This Recurring Dream

Piora
05-13-2011, 05:16 PM
It's the dead of night, and I find myself locked inside a warehouse of all women's underwear. Thousands of items. I mean, I'm talking everything you can possibly imagine. Stockings, panties, garter belts, corsets, baby dolls - the works. I find dozens of items in my size, and I want to take them to a little room that I (somehow) know of that has a full length mirror in it, to try them on. I see it and try to get there, but on the way the setting changes and I am no longer there in the warehouse, but out in a parking lot, still holding the things I wanted to try on. I think to myself, "well, I'll just take these things home and try them on there", but there are a lot of items and I'm afraid that I will be caught by someone I know. I look for my car and realize that I didn't get here that way, and in fact I have no idea how I got there, or where I am - what city, even. I then become frustrated because I want to go back to the warehouse, but I can't, and I wake up feeling such a sense of loss.....

The dream occurs once or twice a month over the last 2 years. Anyone else have a similar dream? The odd thing is, I have never experienced any type of recurring dream before - of any kind.

Kate Simmons
05-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Seems to me you are in a causality loop Hon. You need to take some kind of affirmative action in the dream scenerio to conclude it. This is basically like an "unfinished symphony" for you.:)

Raynefall
05-13-2011, 05:26 PM
I think it's your way of telling yourself that you don't have enough clothes! Lol. The fact that you can't find your car to bring them home but you want so much stuff seems to point me in that direction. Or maybe you really want more clothes but don't have the time/money/transportation to. I would look into those two possibilities.

Ash Leland
05-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Hm....

So- you see a ton of women's underwear, that at first glace appears to be accessable, then you take what you want, and as far as you know it is yours, and then you are physically unable to take them home or put them on...

Could it be that they reflect something to the effect that something appears accessable, but turns out to be not as accessable as you thought? Just an idea.

It seems remarkabe that this is the first and only recurring dream of your life. That seems like it would be worth paying attention to.

k lynn
05-14-2011, 05:12 AM
I have a recurring dream also about shopping sometimes it happens twice a week have had it now for about 4 years

Noortje
05-14-2011, 06:23 AM
I had this recurring dream where I would want to (sneakily) try on women's clothing in a store, but I kept getting interrupted and I never made my way into the changing room. Or I was dragged out by security.

This was probably because I spent a lot of time skulking around clothing stores, wanting to try things on but not being able to. Now that I'm out, the dreams are pretty much gone.

Is trying on a lot of lingerie something you would like to do, but are not able to?

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
05-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Using the old knowledge from my psychology and socialogy courses, could it be that subconciously you want to come out to the world but can quite do it. Your desire to be yourself and crossdress in private is the reason you see so many clothes that are your size. The fact that you can't find you car could be that you you are afriad to take that step into the world. My dream is close to yours except that every so often I do take the clothes to the car and people ridicule me for it. Just a thought. Dreams can be interpretted in a pluthora of ways.

RADER
05-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Years ago; I was locked in a Jeane Nicole Store at night, for the whole night, from 9 PM.
to 5:30 AM. for store remodeling. You see they did not want to close the store during the day,
And the Maul where the shop was located had security that locked down the entire complex
from store closing, about 9 PM. until about 5:30 or 6 AM. for the stores to receive shipments
for stocking and opening at 9:00 AM.
Now here I was, some times with only one other guy and a SA to keep an eye on us; She would be
asleep after midnight in the office anyway, with a ton of Womans clothes of all types.
They did not Cary a large line of undies, but party dresses galore. Once in a while I would
hold a dress up to me and look at it in the mirror, and dream of trying it on.
But their sizes did not include anything that would come close to my size. They stop at 20 or 22,
and then I needed at least a 26, or 28. But it was a great place to have to work, even the grave night
shift, for 2 glorious weeks.
Rader

AlyssaT
05-14-2011, 04:48 PM
I've always been annoyed that my dreams are no fun. My crossdressing dreams always involve me is some state of partial dress and in danger of being caught. Maybe "caught" isn't the right word. In real life, I've been out of the closet with my family and closest friends for almost 20 years. But I almost never dress around them, because I'm so self-conscious about looking silly. It doesn't help that I have facial hair.

Why can't I have dreams where I'm dressed and passing and enjoying myself? I think I'm just an anxious person in general. Even in my dreams.

kimdl93
05-15-2011, 11:54 PM
my whole life has been, to some extent, reflected in the dreams that I recall from my earliest moments. I remember women in stockings, briefers, garter belts, etc as a swirling dream. In those dreams, I simply wanted to join them, wear what they were wearing, and be who they seemed to be. I dared not share those dreams with anyone, yet the power of the images stayed with me, week after week, month after month, year after year. I could deny, pretend and ignore the images, but my body and soul protested.

The dreams quit only as an adult, and only after I had spent time dressed with my x wife. She was cool with it - as much as one could hope anyway, and dreams beccame something of a reality.

Nia Hush
05-16-2011, 03:50 AM
My dreams are fairly disjointed. Last night I dreamed was in a hotel, but that the showers were like those in a college dorm, separate from the actual rooms and central to each floor. I though that was weird and then I noticed varions items and articles of women's clothing strewn around the room.

I checked the key, checked the door - it was the room I was assigned so I assumed these were just things left behind and the cleaning folks just hadn't cleared the room. So I set them aside and started to settle in.

Then the door opens and this tall blonde woman comes in wearing only a towel and her glasses, just back from the shower. She seemed slightly familiar, appearing in a previous dream. I don't usually dream up blondes, but again, he seemed a familiar face.

I averted my eyes and pleaded my case, showed her the key I was given, so there wasn't a long argument over my intrusion. Still, she wanted me to pay for what she perceived as a transgression even though we agreed to share the room for the night. She threw out my clothes and said if I wanted to stay there I'd have to wear what she wanted me to wear. I think we can see where this is going... yep, to the mall - she wanted me to be her girlfriend that weekend.

From there it was all random segueways. I think we were at a shoe store across from a Victoria's Secret and then the zombie apocalypse happened. Thankfully the shoe store also had a stockpile of guns and an army of polar bears entered the mall to help people fight off the zombies.

Stupid zombies always disrupt the interesting points of my dreams. I think the blonde and I got separated, but she made it through OK. We met for dinner back at the hotel and it was kind of a blank from there.

Yeah, have fun analyzing that, I don't even know where to begin :P

SusanQ
05-16-2011, 05:00 AM
My ongoing dream (for decades literally) is that I'm in a house with these 4 girls I was friends with in college and they suggest that the five of us play strip poker. Since it takes place in the 1960s, the girls were each wearing more articles of clothing than I was. We decide that in the interest of fairness, they would bring me a set of clothes like they are wearing, so that we each have the same number of things to remove if we lose. They help me put on the bra, panties, panty girdle, nylons, half slip, skirt and sweater. I keep my own loafers, since my feet were way gigger than the biggest girl's feet.

We always end up totally naked in my dream ;)

Jess Marie
05-16-2011, 09:30 AM
I hate to be the bringer of sad news, but your dreams may not have anything to do with you dressing at all. In our dreams, we use things current in our life as a medium for our subconscious to direct us. When reflecting on your dream, it is not important to focus on the small details, but rather the generalities of the dream. For example, here are some things to ponder.

Building- Buildings can refer to business. If the building you are in is full, it could mean you are doing economically well, or business is good.
Clothing- In your case, you are sort of losing clothing, which refers to vulnerability.
The room you cannot find- It refers to being in the womb.
Sense of being lost- Refers to decisions that you are uncertain about. In your case, you may have made a wrong decision.
Theft- If you are stealing, it could mean you think your earnings are unfair or that you lack the resources to acquire what you want.
Walls (what buildings are made of)- Refers to male power. This is your impression of male dominance in the household. Depending on how high the wall is or how long it is, refers to how male dominance is in your life.

Daphne Renee
05-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Dreams are strange sometimes. Often I dont recall dreaming at all. Sometimes they are about work or other things.

Kaz
05-16-2011, 10:26 AM
I love dreams! They are where our subconscious is putting things together and building patterns for us. When they work best we wake up with that Eureka feeling and we are glad that someone told us to "sleep on it". Recurring dreams are probably where it is more complex... I have had loads in my life, but then I am very old!

There is never one interpretation of a dream. Psychologists have tried to figure it out but there are lots of theories out there and very few answers. Moses (alledgedly) courted favour with the pharoah for interpreting dreams.

My take on it... it is the unattainable. I would love to be able to (or have the bottle to) go to a store, try everything on and ideally walk away without paying for anything.. because that is the other problem. It costs. But yes... you can't get away can you? And you can't go back. You are stuck in a loop. There is no clear way forward and there is no going back. Welcome to my world!

For some of us the dream lies in going forward.

In my recurring dream, I am fully dressed in my hotel room but have the urge to open the door and go for a walk in the corridor - but then as the door closes I am in a very busy reception and in public and I realise that I have left my key in my room.

Maybe we need to work this stuff out for real?

BillieJoEllen
05-16-2011, 12:58 PM
I don't care what I dream about. When I dream I am always female. This has been going on since I was a little kid.To the best of my knowledge I've never had a dream where I was male. I dream just about every night.