PDA

View Full Version : A Very Pleasant Day

Persephone
05-13-2011, 06:23 PM
The weather here is warm and the sun is shining. What a lovely Spring day!

I kept looking at my new maxidress and wondering. My spouse thinks that I'm a bit too old for strapless. So I went back and forth, maxidress or jeans today? Finally, I decided that I was going with the dress!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/StraplessMaxidressE.jpg

I'll leave it up to you - is it O.K. to wear a strapless dress at my age?

Once I was dressed, it was out the door to my manicure appointment. It is my manicurist's Birthday today, so I brought her a card and a bottle of wine. We chatted about all the usual things as she did my nails. Several hairdressers and clients said that I looked lovely today!

After the appointment I met my spouse for lunch at a nearby Mexican restaurant where we spent a very pleasant hour nibbling on buffet items and chatting. Then she went off to run a couple of errands and I headed to the spa for my aesthetician appointment.

I know many of the staff at that spa so going in and coming out always involves smiles and chats with manicurists, hairdressers, receptionists, and aestheticians.

Four of us, two aestheticians, myself, and another client chatted as my eyebrows were tinted and shaped. Today the discussion swirled around travel plans, fun things to do, how comfortable maxidresses are, and men and their cute little behaviors.

A very relaxing day. It is so lovely to go through a sunny Spring day of pampering and of people using your real (femme) name. It is so nice to be accepted, to be "normal."

Hugs,
Persephone.

Eryn
05-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Hmmm, too old for strapless? I suppose that you might be if you worry about what a few catty observers might be thinking. I think that most women are thinking "Wow, I wish I could wear that!" :)

Your day sounded heavenly. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Hugs, Eryn

Julie Denier
05-13-2011, 11:14 PM
You look fantastic! Sounds like you had a great time.

Danni Renee
05-14-2011, 06:28 AM
I think you look perfectly fine in the strapless! I wish I could have a day like yours!

Sara Jessica
05-14-2011, 07:24 AM
First of all, maxi-dresses are really hard to pull off, even for the best of us whether a natal female or tg. Some are very casual, others lean towards dressy, and I've seen many-a-look ruined by the wrong footwear. One's height and shape play a big role as well in how a maxi fits.

All that said, I think you pull it off pretty darned well. Even the strapless which can be a non-starter for lots of us in tg-land, it looks like you wear it well. Not so sure I've heard of a rule about going strapless and age but if you looked in the mirror and said to yourself "I rock this look :)" then all is good.

I've tried on a couple maxi dresses before, one of which seemed to convey such a unique feminine energy but I didn't end up getting it thinking the style wasn't about to last more than a single season. That was over a year and a half ago and the maxi dress is still around. Go figure but I'm glad it is. Some women really look gorgeous in them and it's something you don't see all over the place. A truly unique expression of style.

SherriePall
05-14-2011, 08:44 AM
At our age we should be able to wear anything we want especially when it is worn as well as you are wearing that maxi-dress. Looks good!

Anna B
05-14-2011, 08:50 AM
I think you look perfectly fine in the strapless! I wish I could have a day like yours!

My sentiments exactly.

Anna x

wadevikingfan
05-14-2011, 09:09 AM
i think you look great in the strapless...i wish i could pull that off...you are never to old to go strapless...age is just a number and do any of us act our age???

wendy

Kathi Lake
05-14-2011, 10:04 PM
Barbara,

I'm loving the dress on you, as well as your pretty brows and your hair - but mostly, I'm in love with your day. From a manicure, to a spa day, to lunch with your accepting wife - this is the stuff dreams are made of.

:)

Kathi

Debglam
05-14-2011, 10:22 PM
A very nice look for what sounds like a very nice day!

Persephone
05-15-2011, 01:37 AM
Thanks y'all! I really, really appreciate all of your encouragement and support.

So far I love the way the maxis that I have look and feel. And I was delighted to find that I could wear my first strapless without it falling down!

I am blessed with a charmed existence! I love my wife, I love our adventures, and I love my life!

Hugs,
Persephone.

kimdl93
05-15-2011, 11:20 PM
too old for strapless - nah, you looked great. I wouldn't have thought anything other than that lovely lady looks comfortable, and I wish I had worn something like that!

erickka
05-16-2011, 05:39 AM
Sounds like you had a greay day. I think yoiu look fine in the strapless dress.

DAVIDA
05-16-2011, 05:47 AM
Well, they will have to cut me out of MY strapless dresses!:heehee:

I am wearing one right now!:thumbsup:
There wasn't any tags on mine that had any kind of age limit for wearing one.:brolleyes:

Keep wearing what you like.
Heck with what others think!:D