PDA

View Full Version : Sports While Dressed?

Debglam
05-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Hey Girls,

As I expand my range of outside activities while dressed, I was thinking about cycling, running, hiking, etc. Here is my concern: I only have one decent wig right now and don't want to wreck it. Soaking it with sweat and baking it in the sun CAN'T be good!

What do you think? Any creative alternatives to buying a second wig?

Thanks,
Debby

windycissy
05-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Get an inexpensive wig that's long enough to pull back into a ponytail and wear it with a visor or girly ballcap

AllieSF
05-14-2011, 11:19 PM
I agree with Cissy. Get an inexpensive wig and enjoy your sports en femme. I have played golf and tennis (both with Cissy in Sacramento), and walked round trip across the Golden Gate Bridge. The best part about playing golf is our right and obligation to play from the Ladies' Tees! Make sure to throw in some en femme pool and hot tub time after all that strenuous exercise.

idjen3
05-14-2011, 11:41 PM
While the weather has been cool this spring, I have been running in girl mode. I've run with a sports bra, forms, women's top, shoes and such. I run on a trail that is pretty quiet this time of year. It is wonderful to be myself out in the elements. Those that I have encountered have not even blinked an eye at me. Most folks who are serious about working out are way to in the zone to notice anything.

Persephone
05-15-2011, 01:08 AM
I do a 4 mile run/walk through my neighborhood en femme just about every other morning. Exchanged waves and smiles with the other walkers and runners on a routine basis. Can't imagine doing it any other way.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Taylor Skyrim
05-15-2011, 06:54 AM
I would like to know what would i put on for make up if i was to go out running en femme?

Chloe Renee
05-15-2011, 08:48 AM
i cycle , run and occasionally do yoga while dressed en femme. Yesterday i played a little volley ball while at a relay for life gathering, darn bra kept sliding up as the cami kept comimg down. No wig for me though, just a tonne of product to cover the light areas.

Tina B.
05-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Don't go to cheap on the wig, for that much activity you will want an open weave wig, they would be cooler than a solid cap wig, as some of the cheaper ones are. And I would recommend trying a short bob doo of some kind, I think that would be cooler than a long wig. As for make up, I yet to see one that won't melt.
Tina B.

Jean Marie
05-15-2011, 12:28 PM
My sports story is a little differant, 3 years ago myself and 3 other T ladies attended the Kentucky dewrby for the day and of course wore fine dresses and big hats and were southern belles for a day, had no problems except at to limit our intake of Mint Juleps bought by some guys.

Debglam
05-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Thanks all! I think a low end wig is probably the way to go! Make up??? Probably minimal to none and just keep moving fast! Meltdown is right. :sad:

Suzette Muguet de Mai
05-15-2011, 07:28 PM
I would go to a body building gym where a lot of females workout and maybe I could blend without trying:)

Stefia S
05-15-2011, 08:44 PM
A few of us took a mile or so hike to the top of a 400' waterfall, and did "glisten with persperation" as we got to the top. We all coincidentally, use Krylon Ultrafoundation because it seems lighter and less waxy than some of the other stage/TV foundations. We found that our foundation did not run, but actually smoothed out quite nicely. I'm not sure what would happen if we had worked harder and were dripping though.

Be sure to pack a comb!

brandi.tgurl
05-15-2011, 08:56 PM
i haven't had a problem either. Except, that i'm realistic, and i don't have to body to pull off some of the feminine sports wear that i would like. However, i have been jogging and walking for years in the early morning and evening hours without a hitch. i do wear breast forms with a sports bra- the one i have to a size to small but it holds everything in place just fine. I also use one of my older wigs, which was inexpensive, and has seen better days - as have most people's hair styles when they exercise. I just pull it up into a ponytail and don't worry about.

docrobbysherry
05-15-2011, 10:15 PM
U need a short, washable wig! You'll be washing it A LOT! So, it needs to be VERY brushable!

Chickhe
05-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Wear a really cheap wig under a helmet. Otherwise, if not wearing a helmet, just use your good wig, it won't mind. The main problem, wearing a helmet will flatten and matt your wig. For makeup, just a daytime, waterproof is a good idea, look is good.

Jennifer in CO
05-16-2011, 12:39 PM
I thought we were talking sports....how 'bout this...My suit is unisex, my shoes are unisex, but my nomex underwear is a ladies cut and wore my cotton sportsbra and panties while driving my racecar this weekend...
now THATS a different sport for ya to do while CD'ing.... :)

Jenn

StephanieDragg
05-16-2011, 12:59 PM
I've enjoyed cycling to a neigborhood town for a few years now and have had no problems with the wigs as long as the weather was nice, just always brushed them out and used my conditioner on them which I usually water down a bit, many times I leave the house and ride about two and a half miles into town, stopping at a few places, then cruise back home later... I have a nice basket on my bike, so depending on my outfit I may switch from my tennis shoes to sexy pair of pumps, and also have room for my purse, when I go to Saugatuck I always bring my bike and love cruising around on it. Have fun!!

Nancybaily
05-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Maybe You can try ballet or yoga in the garden and do your hair in a ponytail

Diane Smith
05-16-2011, 11:24 PM
We all coincidentally, use Krylon Ultrafoundation because it seems lighter and less waxy than some of the other stage/TV foundations.

I sincerely hope you mean Kryolan (a brand of stage makeup) rather than Krylon, which is spray paint from the hardware store. :) It's good paint, but the colors tend to be a little too garish for street wear.

- Diane

Randee
05-17-2011, 03:07 PM
There must be many sports you can dress like you want for it. Maybe it will catch on like perhaps this one I ran across----
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3168/2708959555_914c5d8c0d.jpg

Debglam
05-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Thanks for all of the good advice!

Maybe You can try ballet or yoga in the garden and do your hair in a ponytail

This is on my bucket list! Yoga is so elegant and a lot harder than it looks!

I sincerely hope you mean Kryolan (a brand of stage makeup) rather than Krylon, which is spray paint from the hardware store. :) It's good paint, but the colors tend to be a little too garish for street wear. - Diane

But you won't rust. . .

There must be many sports you can dress like you want for it. Maybe it will catch on like perhaps this one I ran across----

Excuse me, your niblick is showing:o

My sports story is a little differant, 3 years ago myself and 3 other T ladies attended the Kentucky dewrby for the day and of course wore fine dresses and big hats and were southern belles for a day, had no problems except at to limit our intake of Mint Juleps bought by some guys.

Sounds like fun!

Jenny Doolittle
05-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Last time in Myrtle Beach I went and played golf. the one thing I did learn about playing as Jenny was to remember to take a tie-back for your hair, it was blowing so I know it took 3-4 strokes from my game. The other thing that took some getting used to was altering my swing to accomodate the "c" cup addition. (gave me a new appreciation of the LPGA players)

When I have played as Jenny I have to say the couples I have ben matched with have been very sweet, so if you have thought of playing but have feared being matched with someone, don't be, you will enjoy the experience.

StarrOfDelite
05-18-2011, 11:14 AM
I hadn't thought of the theatrical type makeup before. Thank you, ladies. One thing I'd like to mention is that a sport visor type of baseball cap is very feminine looking, helps to keep a wig in place during high-exertion sports movements, and tends to obscure the forehead line which full cap wigs usually have. I wear a visor cap inside when lifting weights at the gym for those reasons. And, of course, don't forget the super cool sunglasses and the stud earrings.

BillieJoEllen
05-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Would it be possible to grow your own hair?