PDA

View Full Version : Kind of Close Encounter

Marie-Elise
05-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Last night some buddies and I went down to our local pub for a few beers. Well, one of us notices that a crossdresser walked in. Then a couple more. Altogether, I think there ended up being three tables of men in dresses having dinner.

I was curious and kept my mouth shut. I had never broached the subject with any of these guys and wanted to hear their thoughts. I mean, we're in Georgia just outside of Atlanta. It's a red state.

Anyway, I was quite happy to hear a couple of comments (like: "We have our poker night. They have their dress like women and go to dinner night.") but nothing offensive. In fact, this led us to try to see how many movies with crossdressers we could name.

Anyway, the best comment I heard was: "This is so cool. It's great that they came out here."

Well, I just thought I'd pass that along.

Anna B
05-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Hmm, that kinda encouraging...

Anna x

Debra Russell
05-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Did you find out when there next outing was ? too good to pass up

Kate Simmons
05-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Pretty cool Hon. By the title I thought maybe you had been abducted by some of those little grey ET's.:)

vikki2020
05-15-2011, 02:07 PM
That is nice to hear! So, this is just a neighborhood place, and not considered a "friendly" establishment? Lot of people there? That is very encouraging, and I think a lot of people are thinking differently these days---for the better!

Carroll
05-15-2011, 02:28 PM
too bad you couldn't approach them and ask when they are meeting again. You could have joined them

Darlene-VA
05-15-2011, 02:34 PM
I used to go to a support group in Roanoke and we had up to 12 of us at a time eating at a Chinese place and we never had a problem, of course one night 3 state troopers came in for dinner and some of the girls were really nervous but they never said a thing and let us enjoy our meal

Paulacder
05-15-2011, 02:34 PM
I remember when I was actively envolved in a local crossdressers support group our monthly meeting consisted of going out for dinner. Although the location change from time to time the last function I attended was at a local reastraunt-bar that caterd to a mixed crowd. After dinner it was always a blast mixing with the none crossdressing patrons.......

Evie08
05-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Yang,

I think this really speaks to who you choose to spend time with and your choice of friends. Maybe your state maybe shifting to pink?

stephanieg
05-15-2011, 03:33 PM
I am lucky too,go to a bar,the customers and bartender know me very well.Went last night dressed with a few of my CDing friends.The bartendor knew me on the spot and had a few beers.

Marie-Elise
05-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Yes, I do think it speaks well of my friends. And, no, this isn't a pub that advertises for crossgender customers. It's just a friendly neighborhood pub. There were lots of people in at that time since it was dinner time. I feel good about living where I do, even more so after last night. I won't be joining them since I have never gone out en femme. I did text my wife about it at the time. She replied by asking me if I want to come home and change so I could join them. :)

CindyT
05-15-2011, 10:28 PM
That is pretty nice to hear! Unfortunately, I don't think that is the way it would in a small Wisconsin town, but one never knows!!!

DAVIDA
05-16-2011, 07:26 AM
Well, shut my mouth!:D
That makes me proud(something that I have always been) to live here!:o

wadevikingfan
05-16-2011, 08:53 AM
i keep on reading posts on here , that they live in a red state..that people don't accept cross dressers...i think people are more understanding of crossdressers now...and you found that out....i just think people are more open about a lot of things...like same sex couples, cross dressers..etc...things that are not the "norm" what is the "norm" nowadays??

wendy

sherri
05-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Are you saying there were NO snarky comments? You have very enlightened friends ... rather atypical, I might add. But yeah, I do believe people in general are getting a smidgeon more tolerant. Maybe it's the PC factor.

Marie-Elise
05-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Are you saying there were NO snarky comments? You have very enlightened friends ... rather atypical, I might add. But yeah, I do believe people in general are getting a smidgeon more tolerant. Maybe it's the PC factor.

There were a couple of comments that might be considered snarky. The one about how, if they were going to dress up as a woman, it would be in something hot and sexy as opposed to the church lady clothes these particular gurls were in. However, that was the exception and not the rule. Sure, there was some of the usual guy joking and ribbing but nothing that offended me or made me think there was any hostility. You know, except for the initial double take, there wasn;t even any staring as far as I could tell.

SamanthaS
05-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Too bad the rest of the world isn't like your friends :)

Wendy_Marie
05-16-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm thinking there may have been more than one crossdresser sitting at your table too!

Marie-Elise
05-16-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm thinking there may have been more than one crossdresser sitting at your table too!

Hehehe...my thought exactly. :)

TGMarla
05-16-2011, 04:55 PM
What a breath of fresh air to hear something like this! I think most of us take for granted that any given group of guys, when presented with such a situation, will default to snide comments, prejudiced language, and the usual boorish reactions. I'm proud of you and your friends for not gravitating to the lowest common denominator.

Lori B
05-16-2011, 05:00 PM
I would have bought the gals a round of drinks myself......:p