PDA

View Full Version : How long?

Kate Simmons
05-16-2011, 06:20 AM
One thing I've noticed a lot of folks saying is that they get moody when they are not able to dress or that dressing relieves stress and tension for them. If that truly is the case, I'm wondering what some would do if they were not able to dress for an extended period of time(for whatever reason) and how do they think it would affect them. How long could you go without dressing? I guess it would depend on the particular motive for dressing in the first place. I realize fetish dressers will say they do it because they like to which is all fine and good but basically what I'm asking is regardless of whether it's a compulsion or a choice, how long could you go without doing it and how would that affect you and your disposition?:)

Danni Renee
05-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Well, for me at this point in time - not long. In the past, when I was in denial and deep hiding, I could go months without dressing. I could feel the tension building and when the opportunity presented itself, I jumped on it. Since I came out to my SO I have dressed almost every day. I had a tough week last week and I did not dress for two days (well technically I always underdress now but I am refering to exterior clothing and wig) and my SO said she noticed a significant change in my mood as well as noticing I did not sleep well the two nights I did not wear a night gown to bed.

Emily Ann Brown
05-16-2011, 08:01 AM
After my stroke I went 4 months. No choice. I was okay, just missed being myself. I go a week or more without makeup. Remember my hair and breasts are MINE. I sleep in gowns every night.

During the time just before the Ex left I went 5 months by choice, no sleeping in gowns . I was mentally okay. Dispostion was okay I guess. Again, just wanted to be me again. Noticed every dress the ladies were wearing.

Em

suzy1
05-16-2011, 08:21 AM
I go without dressing for three days almost every week. I am very busy enjoying the sport I love so I don’t get moody.
But by day three I am missing Suzy and looking forward to getting home. It is a relief to have a shower and put on a nice clean dress.
I would not want to go any longer.

SUZY

wadevikingfan
05-16-2011, 08:39 AM
about a week for me...i wear panties all the time, but life gets hectic at times and not able to wear the goodies...so , yeah, i get antsy and want to wear...trying to find excuses why i have to be home alone...

wendy

Amy Lynn3
05-16-2011, 08:42 AM
The longer I go without dressing, the stronger/need my desire to dress becomes. That was a short answer, but I recall those long periods of time over the years I was not able to dress and I was not a happy camper.

pinkeverything
05-16-2011, 03:22 PM
I wonder if this is the answer. Hmmm? I guess it's been many months, maybe a year, since I used any make-up. Probably a month since I've underdressed. I put on a wig, fairly often. But, I'm grouchy. Actually, I'm not grouchy at all. People just mistake my acerbically short toughness, with grouchy. It isn't the same, but there isn't much sensitivity in either. I think I soften up quite a bit, when dressed. Maybe I should do it more. I could use some sunshine, I feel kinda lonely.

sissystephanie
05-16-2011, 03:36 PM
I did go without dressing for a 5 year period some years ago. I didn't like it, but felt it was better for the family. After a few weeks I did not even miss dressing! Now I dress to some degree almost every day. But I still think that I could give it up if there was a good reason for doing so. I have told both my children and my girlfriend in Scotland that I would stop crossdressing if they wanted me to! But all 3 said how I dressed was my business, not theirs!! I don't ever wear a wig now, nor do I use any makeup!! I am just a guy who wears feminine clothes!! And I have way too many friends to be lonely!!

AnnaCalliope
05-16-2011, 09:25 PM
There was a period of time in my teen years where I would come home from school, go to my room and put on bra, panties, stockings and a leotard, and all my troubles would just float away. It became part of my regular routine for almost 2 years, until one summer we went on a family vacation to Colorado, and out of fear of my parents finding out (they did later that year anyway) I decided against packing any of my femme clothing. BIG MISTAKE. We were gone for 2 weeks and I stopped being able to sleep after day 3. I felt like a drug addict. I was constantly irritable, I had awful insomnia, no appetite. My parents just brushed it off as "he's just being a teenager". Finally on the 9th day there, I smuggled a pair of my mother's satin underwear into the bathroom and put them on. It wasn't much, but it was enough to restore my sanity for the remainder of the trip. From that point on, no matter where we went, I always made sure to hide at least a little bit of Anna away, just in case.

Jocelyn Quivers
05-16-2011, 10:37 PM
Not very long as I have experienced this recently due to several outside factors of which I had little control over. Bascially I will find the time, if that means dressing at 3:30 in the morning, so be it that will have to happen.

I will use the expression of "Once the genie has been let out of the bottle, there is no putting it back in," to describe my fem side and denying that side for more than maybe 2 weeks at the most is considered unacceptable.