PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to be a woman?

Annie D
05-16-2011, 05:54 PM
When we confess our desire to wear women's clothing to our SO either before or after marriage or the relationship that we mutually agree to enter, one of the first questions we are asked is, "Do you want to be a woman?" As I remember my response, it was "Oh no, I am a man and want to remain one!" At least something pretty close to that. As I have read so many threads and replies, my answer seems to be fairly representative of the answers most of you have shared. But after all the years and all the miles we have all put in dressing and perfecting our desire to project a female image and be accepted as a woman, did we really answer the question truthfully?

For me the truthful answer should have been: "No, I don't want to go through surgery but if given the chance I would live as a female 24/7." How many of you have come to the same conclusion?

Some dress only occasionally, some dress every day, some travel as women, some want to work full-time as women, some share the desire to be accepted as a woman, and some are taking hormones, have undergone surgery for breast implants and some have made the final decision to undergo SRS.

I have come to the conclusion that with the family obligations and the years that have passed, that it is not financially feasible to have surgery but perhaps I would decide the live as Annie once I retire, the rest of my life.

Be honest! Given the chance, do you want to be a woman?

RebeccaJ
05-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Its a great question Annie and I have asked myself many times what my real desires are and I can honestly say that I really have no desire to transition or to live 24/7. I like how I feel dressed and would love to be able to present as female however I also very much like my life as a man. I really want to be able to find the right balance that would provide me the satisfaction I seek while not interferring with my family or career.

kendra_gurl
05-16-2011, 06:00 PM
I would love to have been born female. I enjoy fully transforming myself into a passable female vision. I've done it 24/7 for a few days. But I like my masculinity too and would never want to not be able to be both as I am now so my answer is NO

VioletJourney
05-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I do not want to go through SRS or to transition, but if given the chance I would start my life over from birth as a girl.

No offense to the TS community, but I just don't feel that surgery and hormones could fully make me into a woman.

Mary Lee
05-16-2011, 06:04 PM
"Yes, I want to go through surgery but I have too many medical issues but if given the chance I would live as a female 24/7."
Should have done it 42 years ago when I got out of the military.
I am 64 and on SSD.

Daphne Renee
05-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Would I like to have born a girl? right now i say yes but if I had would I still appreciate it? For now I would have to say no. I wouldnt want to go through SRS and the like. I like to dress but I cant say with any degree of certainty I would be any happier as a women. That being said I will just enjoy dressing when I can.

Melissa Rose
05-16-2011, 06:09 PM
I would transition in a heartbeat. I have made the decision not to for personal reasons not related to the financial cost or physical pain. I'm quite happy with my current status so I'm not depressed or angry about not living full time as a woman. I would not miss my male side at all.

S. Lisa Smith
05-16-2011, 06:10 PM
I like being both. I love my Lisa time, but I love my male time also. The only changes I would make in my body would be to remove my hair...

girltoy
05-16-2011, 06:10 PM
When I first started dressing, it was for more personal indulgence. While I was married, my ex-wife was very understanding and supportive (and we've still remained close friends). I stopped for a while afterwards, but recently my ex-wife brought it up to me when she found (and returned!) a CD full of pictures we had taken together. We talked about it for awhile, and I commented that I wanted to further explore my feminine side and she told me "Do it! This time is yours!" I'm still uncertain exactly how far I want to take it, but I honestly believe that I would be perfectly happy living as a woman. Of course, I say that being perfectly happy living as a man who changes his clothes as soon as he gets home from school and work ... so what does that say about me?

Julie Denier
05-16-2011, 06:15 PM
I have no desire to become a woman. Besides my physical attributes that would make passing nearly impossible, I really enjoy being a guy. I'm just having a lot of fun being a guy who, now and then, really enjoys his softer side and getting all dolled up.

SherriePall
05-16-2011, 06:17 PM
My reply today would not be the resounding "NO" I gave just over 10 years ago when I came clean with my wife. With the passing of time I would love to live full-time. However, the passing of time also saw changes in my life which now would make that impractical.

sally silverfox
05-16-2011, 06:26 PM
My dream is to seamlessly pass from one gender to the other at will.So cding is the closest to that dream I can come.Though barely passable on the best of days as I observe GGs around me on my best days I look as good and even better than many of them-IMHO.Given the fact that so many women-not all-seem to not make any effort to dress and yes act feminine in the traditional sense makes us appear more as women ..I realize men have been and often are very chauvinistic, still not all traditional women felt oppressed and relished their role particularly if given equal status with regard to wages,responsibility etc while still dressing and acting as a woman.I suppose I'll get heat for this but remember I grew up with Leave It To Beaver and Ozzie and Harriet.My mother always appeared very ladylike and dressed acordingly.I guess thats where I got my love of fem and all that goes with it.Would I like to be a woman?Maybe but since it's not possible I'll settle for second best.

Kathryn Philips
05-16-2011, 06:29 PM
I would like to be able to become completely passable as a woman without losing ability to pass as a male. Alternating between a completely male and completely female appearance. Accepted as a woman and a male (sorry cant use the word man) depending on appearance. But no surgergy, no drugs...

BRANDYJ
05-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Hi Annie, You are right. One of the first questions we are asked is if we want to be a woman. I have had to respond to that question myself. My answer was and is the same. No, I do not wish to become a woman. I am very happy to be just a man that has a feminine side from time to time. I like being my SO's man and at times I like being her female friend.

Billie Jean
05-16-2011, 06:37 PM
My dream is to seamlessly pass from one gender to the other at will.So cding is the closest to that dream I can come.Though barely passable on the best of days as I observe GGs around me on my best days I look as good and even better than many of them-IMHO.Given the fact that so many women-not all-seem to not make any effort to dress and yes act feminine in the traditional sense makes us appear more as women ..I realize men have been and often are very chauvinistic, still not all traditional women felt oppressed and relished their role particularly if given equal status with regard to wages,responsibility etc while still dressing and acting as a woman.I suppose I'll get heat for this but remember I grew up with Leave It To Beaver and Ozzie and Harriet.My mother always appeared very ladylike and dressed acordingly.I guess thats where I got my love of fem and all that goes with it.Would I like to be a woman?Maybe but since it's not possible I'll settle for second best.I too would like to change gender at will. I really don't think I would like to experience their biological functions. I would like to have sex as a woman as their orgasms seem to be way better than ours but then the grass alway looks greener on the other side of the fence. I still think it would be nice to choose which gender I was for the given time. This weekend we buried a close friend and I would have liked to have worn a black dress and hose for the funeral. I wish I could be as beautiful and lady like as she was. Billie Jean

Jennifer in CO
05-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Having lived full time as a woman for close to 5 years 30 years ago I can honestly say I miss it. Admittedly it was a different time in my life but I was married then (and to this day to the same woman) and so sometimes I think living as a woman and being a woman would have been two different things.

Jenn

TGMarla
05-16-2011, 06:50 PM
The last time my wife asked me that, I answered as honestly as I could without causing great pain to her. Because honestly, the answer is that I would have been happy to have been born female, but I am unwilling to undergo transition and surgery to achieve that. I am unwilling to cause such great pain to myself and my loved ones in order to achieve what may be only a pipe dream. And the best thing in my life is the privilege I enjoy of being able to be a good husband to my dear wife. Do I wish I was a woman? Yes. Do I want to take drastic measures to become a woman? No.

I seriously cannot imagine what pain it would cause to my brother, my mother, my sister, my wife, and my good friends were I to suddenly undergo transition. I'd lose nearly everything I hold dear to me, and the end result would not nearly justify all of the wreckage it would leave in its wake.

Lynn Marie
05-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Do you want to be a woman?

Nope.

BobbieJoe
05-16-2011, 07:17 PM
I'd rather be a billionaire.

sissystephanie
05-16-2011, 07:42 PM
I really like BobbieJoe's answer!! But my real answer is the same one I have always given! I HAVE NO DESIRE TO EVER BE A WOMAN!! Never have had, and it is not likely that I ever will! Sure, I do love to wear feminine clothing! But that is as far as it goes!! I was born a man, and really like being one!!

prettytoes
05-16-2011, 07:51 PM
When I see an attractive teen girl with a killer body I often ponder if she appreciates what she is. If I could go back to birth, and change how I was born, with no knowledge of what I have in my life now, than yes. I would not want to give up my wonderful wife and family, but I often wish that I was born female. I have no desire to transition, as I would not make a very attractive woman. I do however, love the clothes and bright toenails!

Miranda09
05-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Nope...I am not interested in becoming a woman full time for the rest of my life. With THAT said, if I could snap my fingers and be a woman for a few days to experience what it was like, yes I would. But I enjoy being a guy as much as i do presenting as a female and would not want to give up that part of me. :)

suchacutie
05-16-2011, 08:01 PM
I've posted a number of time that I very much enjoy both of my genders. I completely agree with the couple of posts that indicate they would like to be able to transform smoothly and effortlessly from one gender to another, but I'll add a bit more to that:

In my dreams I would transform every few days, living blocks of time in one gender and then the other! Work doesn't allow that right now, but we'll see :)

Tina is always a work in progress :)

tina

GirlyBits
05-16-2011, 08:02 PM
I would change into a woman in a heartbeat if I could.

JohnH
05-16-2011, 08:07 PM
I would like to be a woman - I'm willing to do HRT but the idea of SRS does make me feel queezy. I have never been a father and I am too old to be one, so I don't have the investment in being a male. I feel in a way I am naturally transitioning due to andropause where my skin has gotten softer and I have had some breast growth. Estrogen would simply enhance the process.

I would not miss the narrow constraints placed on males as far as dress and grooming are concerned.

Johanna

Loni
05-16-2011, 08:07 PM
i would not want to go through all the surgery, but i would love to be give the chance to live full time as a woman.

Loni

lori m crawford
05-16-2011, 09:02 PM
as for me i wood love to be a women a have all they have to go throw to be one i think a womens body is the most greetes thing they can carry a baby in then an give birth an feed feed a baby all a man can do is take care of them to me a women is a amasing thing not a mans no man has to go though what a women dose

JavaJunkie
05-16-2011, 09:28 PM
That's been my wish since like day 1 lol. I don't see myself as having much masculinity in any case even when in drab. It's pretty much femme all the time lol. I've never really seen the point in me being a male anyways.

Rianna Humble
05-16-2011, 10:36 PM
No offense to the TS community, but I just don't feel that surgery and hormones could fully make me into a woman.

No offense taken here. You are quite right, hormones and Surgery cannot make me into a woman. We take the hormones and undergo the surgery because we are women not in order to become something that we were not.

Stephanie-L
05-16-2011, 10:42 PM
There are times that I fell I would go through the entire SRS ordeal to be a woman, other times I would simply like to live 24/7 as a woman without the SRS, though maybe with HRT. And other times I do enjoy being male, though those are few, and getting to be fewer. I know that i am not ready yet for anything permanent, but probably someday in the future...........Stephanie

kinky_caitlin
05-16-2011, 10:49 PM
I started out thinking I wouldn't want to be a woman. But now the more I express my feminine side, the more I want to be a woman.

ColleenCD
05-16-2011, 10:52 PM
If I were born in different times…I remember when people dressed with care and style, not with the disgust and self deprecation as many do today. Women took pride in their hair, face, clothes and shoes and accessories. They were beautiful inside and out. Of course, there was no support for CD’s, no internet, no groups or therapists who understood. We thought we were the only ones in the world with who wanted to wear clothes of the opposite sex. Renee’ Richards was the object of our fascination with her trailblazing courage.

Yet the question remains. Being born female at birth I would have been happy. 30 years back, without commitments, and if we had today’s modern medicine, legislation and support, then yes, I probably would have transitioned.

Now I have a great life, nice career, beautiful wife, and superb family. I enjoy my girl time as Colleen, but would not trade what I have for what could have been.

Colleen

Joni Beauman
05-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Yes - I would vote for female if gender could be achieved a priori in its total essence and lifetime experience. As it is, I prefer to keep my wonderful wife - 28 years in a few days. Being Joan from 11 pm to 1:30 am most nights and on occasional work road trips is an acceptable compromise; though, alas, I feel I am passing less these days. Geez - I didn't stand a chance at The Inferno in Madison last Friday night (in town to move daughter home for summer). Clocked in a second. Joni

Kate Lynn
05-16-2011, 11:34 PM
No,I just like wearing certain womens clothes and shoes.

Nichola
05-17-2011, 04:01 AM
Given the choice, I'd have been born a woman but I have no desire to transition.
I'm fine with being a guy but enjoy the thrill of getting to be a girl every now & again.
I feel it's something I almost 'need' to do.

erickka
05-17-2011, 05:33 AM
I say no. I look at it this way..... I have the best of both worlds, and why try to fix what ain't broke?

katrinakat
05-17-2011, 05:48 AM
Absolutely!!!!! I'm constantly, jealous, of women, they get to have all the FUN!!!!! But i'm not a girl, I'm stuck being, a boy who wishes he was a girl!!!! There's not an hour that goes by that my transgender feelings, recess and allow me the opportunity to feel at ease. Always, in the back of my mind, there's a lingering presence, that never lets me go!

Dawna Ellen Bays
05-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Its a great question Annie and I have asked myself many times what my real desires are and I can honestly say that I really have no desire to transition or to live 24/7. I like how I feel dressed and would love to be able to present as female however I also very much like my life as a man. I really want to be able to find the right balance that would provide me the satisfaction I seek while not interferring with my family or career.

That sums it up for me as well...

I like being both. I love my Lisa time, but I love my male time also. The only changes I would make in my body would be to remove my hair...

I have no desire to become a woman. Besides my physical attributes that would make passing nearly impossible, I really enjoy being a guy. I'm just having a lot of fun being a guy who, now and then, really enjoys his softer side and getting all dolled up.

Two more quotes that describe my emotions as well. I'd like to be able to change attributes (at will) that would make me more "passable" as a woman...while still being a male crossdresser. I know that sounds weird, but for me, being a crossdresser is the thrill of it all...

Afterthoughts: I'd like to be "passable" enough that no one I know would recognize me. That would give me the courage to do all the girly stuff I'd love to do. Besides too much work goes into being a woman for my lazy self to doll up every day...

Sarasometimes
05-17-2011, 08:04 AM
No, I don't wish to be a woman fulltime. I consider myself to be pretty close to right in the middle of the gender continuum. I enjoy equally being male and those times whe ni can express my feminine side by dressing and behaving in a femme manner. Would I like more freedom to do that as I feel the desire, yes! I would love to do more of the typical femme activities bt not at the expense of being able to be masculine to the degree i can now. I feel confident that if I transitioned that I would crossdress as a FtM. Now many will say but women can do that. Not really. Can they skip all the grooming rituals and still be veiwed positively by mainstream USA? Armpit, legs...being hairy; skipping the earrings, handbag, accessories, no bra tee shirt and stained shorts; unkempt hair and nails...I think if you make the switch that all becomes necessary.
To those who say well if i could magically be a woman for a week i would do it, please remember that fantasy is usually far from reality. Great Question?

JulieK1980
05-17-2011, 08:16 AM
It's always been a barely successful balancing act for me. I'm diagnosed TS, though I have chosen to not transition for a massive number of personal reasons, I DO in fact feel as though I am the wrong gender on the outside.

There's not an hour that goes by that my transgender feelings, recess and allow me the opportunity to feel at ease. Always, in the back of my mind, there's a lingering presence, that never lets me go!

I'm much more familiar with this statement than even I like to admit.

sometimes_miss
05-17-2011, 08:29 AM
My desire is not simply to be female; my desire is to be a beautiful one. Being a frumpy middle aged fat woman with no significant other (which basically is what I would become if I had SRS and hormone treatment at this stage of my life) would not be much different than my current life. If you had given me the choice at age 14 to become female, I would have jumped at it, as I would have been able to become more physically female (I didn't reach puberty until 17, and my sister was attractive so I imagine with proper surgery and hormone treatment, I would have been also. When dressed in her clothes in my early teens, I was rather pretty). Another part of the equation is that due to my early life's being tormented by males, I tend to find men repulsive, automatically suspect them of ulterior motives, and always think they're trying to take advantage of me in some way, so I would never have a heterosexual relationship if I had become female. So, knowing that gay women really aren't interested in MtF TSs, my life was pretty much a loss no matter which way I went.

DebsUK
05-17-2011, 08:47 AM
I'd have absolutley no qualms about living as a woman, all other things being equal. I think I'd function well in a female role and I find (to my eternal surprise) that I pass quite well. But I can't make it work in my current circumstances with a wife who I adore and a good job that is fulfilling and rewarding not to mention pretty well paid.To transition in my job would probably be far easier than in a lot of workplacees (I work in healthccare and work in an office) as the NHS are pretty big on that sort of thing, but still it would be more difficulty than I'd be prepared to deal with. Then there are other family members to consider. Also one of the mowt important things for me is travelling which would be all the more difficult if I was en femme.
I feel kind of androgynous inside though my preference would be female, but I am not unhappy as a male.

If I did transition I wouldn't go for SRS as IMHO this wouldn't help me in functioning as a woman nor change other people accepting me as one. It's a big procedure which wouldn't add anything to my quality of life (again this is IMHO and I don't mean to say it's not right for TS sisters). I would consider hormones and permanent hair removal though

monica.missil
05-17-2011, 08:54 AM
If things in my life were different, I would consider it. Since I have always wanted to be a woman. But with family(two grandsons and two daughters whom I adore) I would not want to rock their world. So I take whatever opportunity fate gives me to dress full time.

Rianna Humble
05-17-2011, 08:57 AM
My desire is not simply to be female; my desire is to be a beautiful one. Being a frumpy middle aged fat woman with no significant other (which basically is what I would become if I had SRS and hormone treatment at this stage of my life) would not be much different than my current life.

I used to lie to myself in these terms, but for me it was only an excuse to continue my denial. I don't say that this has to apply to anyone other than me, but I know for a fact that I never truly believed myself when I said that there would be no gain in becoming a frumpy woman. I didn't really make much progress coming to terms with myself until I was able to say "I would much rather finish my days as an ugly old woman than spend one more day as the man I have never been".

Since I came to terms with myself and began the journey towards transition, everyone says how much happier and at ease I seem to be. I have even become better at my job in Customer Relations than I was before (and I was already pretty good).

Chrissy.Sexton
05-17-2011, 09:18 AM
To be a woman is the only thing I want. Ironically, it's the only thing I can never have. Sad.

Marcie R.
05-17-2011, 01:20 PM
I have lived as a man all my life, however underneath I always wished I was a woman. Many times that I have been away on business, it has given me the opportunity to transform myself into my secret life as Marcie. My wife does not know of my life as Marcie and would be totally devistated if she found out. Marcie has been part of my life, hidden, for over fifty years and I find that whenever the opportunity arises, I come out of the closet in private, to live the life that has been prisoner in this aging body. The happiest time of my life has been as "Marcie".

carhill2mn
05-17-2011, 04:07 PM
I think semantics and the limits of understanding the meanings of a word get involved here. Being a "woman" means different things to different people. I prefer to dress like a woman and act like a lady. I do this as much as I can. However, there are times when family, friends and circumstances where being my male self is expected and better for all involved.

ToxicAvenger095
05-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Most of the time I just dream of being female, and it is all I want. But sometimes I think I am okay being male. I don't know, it changes. I's like to think I would have been happy to have born female - I wish I was alllll the time - but at the same time, if I was a female, would I have met all my wonderful friends I have today? Maybe I am okay being me. I think someday I would like to become a woman, but who knows. Everyone who knows about me has been very supportive, and all the important people would support the decision to have surgery. But if I wanted it, it is still a long road to that day. Right now I am just trying to figure out who I am.

Marla
05-17-2011, 04:51 PM
I used to think that I would not be happy as a full time woman, but for the last ten years I'm absolutely sure that that I would be. But I'm way to old to go the whole route and my sons would never speak to me again! (and my wife would file the papers immediately) Oh well sometimes life's a real pain in the ass.

Cheryl T
05-17-2011, 09:22 PM
For me it's the difference between being CD and being transsexual.
Would I want to be a woman? Yes, I have always thought that I would love to be one.
Do I feel I am one? No, I don't, I just enjoyed expressing my feminine side this way.

I would love a chance to spend a week without changing back and forth. Maybe someday.

Pythos
05-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Nope. I just want the same latitude in self expression that women for the most part have.

jenniferoonus
05-17-2011, 10:01 PM
I would like to be able to become completely passable as a woman without losing ability to pass as a male. Alternating between a completely male and completely female appearance. Accepted as a woman and a male (sorry cant use the word man) depending on appearance. But no surgergy, no drugs...
Hi Kathryn,

It's so weird that your description of what you want is exactly what I have been living for the last 5 years. On weekdays (day time) I am a woman and everyone in this space believes that I am a 100% woman, none of them knows that I am still a 100% male under my makeup and female clothes. On the other side, when I am not dressed as a woman, I am a 100% male and no one knows about my secrete of dressing.

However, having been a '100%' woman for 60% of my time and enjoy life as a woman, I really want to be a woman all the time but I couldn't due to family situation. I don't know what to do now but just let nature take its course...

PretzelGirl
05-17-2011, 10:10 PM
One thing that I have always been grateful for is that I have been happy being just who I am. Yes I veer in different directions, but I am able to do that whenever I want. So, no I don't want to be a woman. I am quite happy with the self discovery I am able to go through.

KellyCD
05-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Honestly, I do want to leave my current field and start hormones and get breast implant's. However the only surgery I would want "down there" is to remove the "boys". But that will never happen because even though I do "want it". I'm still comfortable where I'm at in life.

However if given the chance to do this life over again, I'd choose to be a woman in a heartbeat.

t-girlxsophie
05-17-2011, 10:27 PM
I've no great philosophy,I love my Femme side and Indulge in it as much as possible,I am happy that I get a lot of time to dress,My Wife is fully supportive and encourages me to express my Feminine side,but I have never entertained the thought (despite many ppl thru the years trying to convince me otherwise)of Transitioning.I would lose too much (wife,son etc) and thats something I would never risk
And To be Honest theres things I would miss being able to do as a guy,my Wife too is happy with the situation the way it is and I wouldn't change my life for anything

Sophie

Jill Devine
05-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Like so many have said, I too have no desire to go the SRS route and turn my life upside down. In many respects, I identify as TG and would not object to the idea of being born female. But I was born male and I have been blessed with a stunning family.

Barbara Dugan
05-17-2011, 10:40 PM
OH!GOD help me, Yes I really want to be

busker
05-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Like so many have said, I too have no desire to go the SRS route and turn my life upside down. In many respects, I identify as TG and would not object to the idea of being born female. But I was born male and I have been blessed with a stunning family.
Several have mentioned this idea but here's the problem--this dialogue would never take place, you would never be a crossdresser and had you been born female, you have no idea how or what your life would have been at all, and you certainly would not be here. You might just be nancy down the street and nobody would be the wiser.
There is absolutely nothing that can turn a male into a female,except into the female of one's own fantasy, and as someone said, there is a great variety of interpretations about what exactly is a female. IT simply turns into a label and has no real meaning.
We all imagine a female in our mind that could be us, but that doesn't necessarily conform to reality.

NathalieX66
05-17-2011, 11:40 PM
There's too many existing components to my persona to resort to being one gender only.
I cannot be happy being male.
I cannot be happy being female.
So I'll be both.
gender fluid this is called...works for me. :)

Metoo
05-17-2011, 11:52 PM
right now as I feel at this moment the answer would be a definite YES. I love everything female; the clothes and everything that goes with it. In reality I know that could never happen. I am 59 years old with a 5 year son which I love so much and wife who I'm not sure wants to be with me or Not. If I was younger the answer would be a definite YES

BobbieCrescent
05-18-2011, 02:29 AM
If we're being completely unrealistic here, if there were some technological or supernatural means of switching back and forth, i'd say that there is almost a 100% chance that i'd put in some heavy time swapping back and forth.

LaurenB
05-18-2011, 05:45 AM
Being a strong male father and husband and protector-provider has it's advantages. Being a nurturing, expressive, creative, caring and faithful female soulmate has it's advantages. I choose both. In fact I find that I can't be only one of these for any length of time without the desire to be the other. It would seem unsettling to be split this way but it really is the best for me.

vikki2020
05-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Yes! Maybe not to transition fully, but certainly a little help with some breast enhancement, facial surgery, and throw in a few "natural curves"! Definitely want to live as a woman full time!

Polly R
05-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Nope...I am not interested in becoming a woman full time for the rest of my life. With THAT said, if I could snap my fingers and be a woman for a few days to experience what it was like, yes I would. But I enjoy being a guy as much as i do presenting as a female and would not want to give up that part of me. :)

Hello everyone

As Miranda and most have said, the categoric answer is NO! (There are more horror stories about the side effects of hormones than there are good stories and then there's all the gory bits that go with SRS - does that qualify me as a wimp?) But it would be an interesting experience I guess, just for a day or two... I'm generally happy with my male self and especially some of the male things I do but I do like the fun of glamming up from time to time and trying to present as a reasonable an image as I can. I suppose it's the lovely sensuous fabrics, colours and makeup that I like best - those to which a male, according to 'normal' society, is denied...

xx Polly

Julogden
05-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Yes, I'd live 24/7 if I could support myself, and would love to get some facial feminization surgery too. SRS would be my last step, if I could afford it, but at this point in life, none of that is likely. If I ever win the lottery, I'll definitely be making some surgeons wealthier. ;)

Carol

NicoleScott
05-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Nope. Everything is OK the way it is.

Valerie Nova
05-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Call me shallow, but for me it would depend on how pretty I was. I'd rather be a guy than an unattractive woman. But I'd rather be an attractive woman than a guy. I'd have to look and sound female though; no deep voice and big feet.

Honestly, I think I'd be just as happy as a girl as I would a guy. I think I'm right smack dab between genders, as I imagine many of us here are.

The only hard part would be dating guys. But I think I could do it if I were a girl, even though I consider myself a straight guy. It's weird, but even though I'm not sexually attracted to guys, I am attracted to the idea of being the girl in a male/female relationship. I'd probably date feminine guys... a lot of bisexual girls seem to end up with that type.

Good question though, really thought-provoking! :)

Vicki-Z
05-18-2011, 06:34 PM
YES! YES! YES! If I had my life to live over again I would definately transition as young as I could. I would be much happier being what I really am inside. :daydreaming: However now at my age and family responsibilities I can't.

Vicki

:hugs:

5150 Girl
05-18-2011, 09:28 PM
If I woke up as a real woman in the morning it would be the best mircal ever!!!!

Jeannie
05-18-2011, 09:49 PM
I have had that fantasy but I am really not sure if I would really want to be. One big reason is putting up with men. We can sometimes be a real pain in the ass. Women are always being looked at as inferior and nothing more than sex objects. I recently saw on another CD message board where a Transsexual was beaten by two teenage girls at a McDonald's and no one stood up to help her except an old retired lady and she was also hit by these girls. The TS was beaten so badly that she went into an epileptic seizure (she had epilepsy). Everyone just stood around and watched. Her only crime was trying to use the womens rest room. The poor young women had also been raped in another incident. Women always run the risk of being raped, molested and beaten. I am sorry for being such a negative person on this but we must consider the other side being a women as well as the good things. It's not all just about wearing the clothes, it's about being a women and all that that means.

Karinsamatha
05-18-2011, 09:57 PM
All things considered I would love to live full time. If I were to hit lotto the useless thing would go away :daydreaming: but as the song says " If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all". So for now I will keep doing what I have been doing and getting through life as best as I can.

Xandra
05-18-2011, 11:28 PM
That’s a great question and not an easy one to answer.

Seeing as I am drawn to most things feminine, my answer should be yes; but at this juncture I really appreciate the ability to live in both worlds, albeit if the feminine side is known only to me.

I guess I can best sum up my feelings thus: Would I like to live my life as a woman? Absolutely! Would I like to transition? No, that’s not where I am at.

So, I guess I want to have my cake and eat it :)

Alex xxx

suchacutie
05-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Nathalie, I've never heard the term "gender fluid" but I like it a lot :)

tina

dawnmarrie1961
05-19-2011, 10:19 AM
No. I want to be myself. To answer the question any other way would be unrealistic since the fact remains that no matter what changes I may make to myself, no matter how realistic I might appear to others, I can never be something that I am not. No matter how much I might want to lie to myself in order to convince myself otherwise. I can only be the best representation of what I can be. Nothing more nothing less.
A person can never be truly at peace within themselves until they have come to grips with their own limitations. True that a person can live a lie and seem outwardly very comfortable doing so. But it doesn’t change the truth. A lie is still a lie no matter how cleverly the words are crafted to appear as the truth.

LauraEwing
05-19-2011, 10:59 AM
No, I dress because I love wearing heels and dresses, if I were to become a woman, I would lose the feeling I get when putting on a pair of heels. Being able to wear high heels, dresses, knickers and so on everyday, without worrying about being caught, wouldn't be as fun for me.

BillieJoEllen
05-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Given the chance I would hop on the operating table for SRS in a heartbeat. If I knew back in the late sixties what I know now my life would have been much different. True I wouldn't be a real woman but at least my mind would match my body and I would have the confidence to deal with all the shortcomings SRS would bring along with it.

Valerie Nova
05-19-2011, 11:47 AM
There's too many existing components to my persona to resort to being one gender only.
I cannot be happy being male.
I cannot be happy being female.
So I'll be both.
gender fluid this is called...works for me. :)
Still, women do have more fluidity to their gender expression than men do... I love the thought of being able to wear high heeled boots one day and cargo pants the next if I felt like it. But still, SRS is too hard and then you can't have kids after it. And besides, I'd be a pretty bitchy, kind of masculine woman anyway.

RenneB
05-19-2011, 12:20 PM
I agree with another one of the posters here, if I knew what I know now back then, I would have dropped ol' willy and made the change. The resources for learning were too scarce and now, it's like night and day. However, seeing my biological replacements for the first time sure is a great feeling. You look into their eyes and I swear you can see God.

On the other hand, you don't know what you've got til its gone. Through out my life, I've taken for granted soo many things and when I lose them, I sure do miss them.

This isn't much of an answer, but its what I'm thinkin' at the moment...

Renne.....

shaq91
05-19-2011, 12:27 PM
No, I like being a man... but like dressing up in girl clothes

RobynGirl
05-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Funny, I just had a total knee replacement surgery six weeks ago. The whole time I was being wheeled into the "OR" I was thinking of wishing it was "SRS". I am married now for the second time but deep down inside I want to transition. After my surgery the thought of crossdressing or "SRS" never entered my mind. Now it's back again stronger than ever. I often wish I could experience my life as a girl growing up, with my period, proms, and first kiss. And the thought of being married and the honeymoon and having a hot night of sex pleasing my husband make me melt inside. And feeling him penetrating me makes me moan with pleasure.

So yes I would love to transition......

Robyn

JamieTG
05-19-2011, 03:12 PM
I wish I had been born a woman and I don't enjoy my masculine side anymore but I'm such a health nut that I wouldn't do anthing with risky side effects. About 10 years I really thought I needed to try hormones but I've been able to keep fighting back the urge. I'd like a more feminine body but I don't hate my male organ and can't ever see having SRS.

RobynGirl
05-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Omg I hate my male organ and would love to fill out a one piece swimsuit without that equipment down there. Nothing like wanting to kiss a man in a wet bathing suit and feeling the warmth. Wow I am so naughty, lol

Rianna Humble
05-19-2011, 03:41 PM
the fact remains that no matter what changes I may make to myself, no matter how realistic I might appear to others, I can never be something that I am not. No matter how much I might want to lie to myself in order to convince myself otherwise.

This was the truth I had to face up to before I was ready to give up the pretence of being a man and accept who I really am.

To answer the OP's question,I don't "want to be" a woman, I am a woman and I want to be at peace with myself.

sometimes_miss
05-20-2011, 01:39 AM
Call me shallow, but for me it would depend on how pretty I was. I'd rather be a guy than an unattractive woman. But I'd rather be an attractive woman than a guy. I'd have to look and sound female though; no deep voice and big feet.
I used to think it was incongruent to want to be female, but with the condition that I be an attractive one; no longer. Pretty much all women go to great lengths to be as attractive as possible, and some make up person once said that there are no ugly women, only lazy ones. I'd be very happy to be an average young female, with the figure and all the female bone structure to make myself as pretty as possible. But becoming a middle aged collosal female with male bone structure? No thanks. Same here with my clown size feet, too. The voice thing? There's a couple of guys on youtube that teach how to alter your voice; it's not easy, but it is possible. I was curious, so I tried it; it takes a lot of practice, and it certainly doesn't feel natural when your doing it (although perhaps if you do it all day long, it gets easier) Problem is, you'll eventually 'slip' back into using your normal male voice every once in a while, and the contrast is startling.

Donnadcd
05-21-2011, 07:46 AM
oh yeah!!

my only regret is that i didn't do it 30 years ago

Samantha Jaynes
05-21-2011, 07:57 AM
I don't want to be a woman except when I feel like being a woman. Then I hate to think I'm displaying any vestige of my masculinity. Likewise when I'm a guy I hate to feel that I'm showing any part of my feminine side. It feels so schizo sometimes, but I guess that's just the way I've dealt with being who I am all these years.

darla_g
05-21-2011, 08:12 AM
no..............................................

diannecourtney
05-21-2011, 08:34 AM
I began to have complete interest in being a women very late in life. When the "EX" discovered my clovetity we needless to say had some discussions. She asked the same question ( I had not thought of it) so I said flippantly, if I were 30 yrs younger I'd consider it. Well then and there I think the divorce had occurred. She is with me these days for helping w/cateract surgery and I am fully attired as Ms Dianne,what else can happen? Oh by the by this weekend its raining and it willbe the eighth or ninth weekend straigth of foul weather,

Crysten
05-21-2011, 10:16 AM
I have come to the conclusion that with the family obligations and the years that have passed, that it is not financially feasible to have surgery but perhaps I would decide the live as Annie once I retire, the rest of my life.

Lets analyze this statement for a minute. Years have passed, sure. Family obligations? Sure. "It's not financially feasible to have surgery". What? So regardless of anything else, years, family, it comes down to money? As in "forget everything else, if I had the cash, zip bang I'd have SRS tomorrow". Reassing our personal goals is something most transgendered folks need to do from time to time. I think you should take a look at yours.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but that statement really struck me. You said a lot in your post, but you ended it with....your bank account. Of course I wish you the best no matter what =).

Annaliese2010
05-21-2011, 04:18 PM
...Be honest! Given the chance, do you want to be a woman?
Oh H#ll no! For me that sounds horrible. I mean...can you Imagine? Gad! I'd never want to give up my rationality nor my...well...you know.

Inna
05-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Would I? What do you mean..................I am a WOMAN!:gorgeous:

Intertwined
05-21-2011, 08:39 PM
“Sex” refers to a person’s genitalia and secondary sex characteristics. Each individual is born with either male or female genitalia, or a combination of both. I do not wish to change my sex.

"Gender" refers to the "socially constructed" roles, behaviors, activities, and attributes that a given society considers appropriate for men and women, and therefore are naturally unrelated to biological sex. As I understand the term, I cannot change my gender.

"Gender Identity" represents a person’s core sense of being male, female, or within a continuum that exists between male and female. I like my gender identity just the way it is, androgynous, both male and female at the same time.

PHXTC
05-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Great topic. Myself? No. I enjoy the man side of me as well as the CDing side of me.

Annie D
05-22-2011, 09:28 AM
To all the ladies who have had replied; I have enjoyed reading your comments and appreciate everything you have said.

Hello Crysten. I have been married over 20 years to a fine woman who accepts my crossdressing and we have a wonderful relationship concerning family and finances. I am eligible to draw social security and my wife and I have a son who is a junior in college and a daughter who will be entering college in the fall. Let me share a couple of REAL WORLD concepts:

1. At my age I pass well enough to be accepted as Annie.
2. When I am dressed I feel very feminine and satified with how I present myself.
3. I plan on retired once our kids get out of college, in 4 or 5 years.
4. Looking at the longevity of my parents, I have about 20-25 more years to go.
5. Investing $25,000 to $40,000 for SRS and taking the money out of my retirement fund is not wise or prudent and especially unfair to my wife because it is her money too.

No it doesn't boil down to my banking account; it boils down to using my retirement and measuring the cost versus reward.

Valerie Nova
05-22-2011, 06:55 PM
I used to think it was incongruent to want to be female, but with the condition that I be an attractive one; no longer. Pretty much all women go to great lengths to be as attractive as possible, and some make up person once said that there are no ugly women, only lazy ones. I'd be very happy to be an average young female, with the figure and all the female bone structure to make myself as pretty as possible. But becoming a middle aged collosal female with male bone structure? No thanks. Same here with my clown size feet, too. The voice thing? There's a couple of guys on youtube that teach how to alter your voice; it's not easy, but it is possible. I was curious, so I tried it; it takes a lot of practice, and it certainly doesn't feel natural when your doing it (although perhaps if you do it all day long, it gets easier) Problem is, you'll eventually 'slip' back into using your normal male voice every once in a while, and the contrast is startling.
I might try the voice thing at some point; thanks for the tip.

To say that unattractive women are just lazy I don't think is fair though; I've seen plenty of women who looking good is effortless for, and others who couldn't be helped by anything short of radical plastic surgery. Plus, as I'm learning now, your body typically has an ideal weight it wants to be at; lose too much weight and you'll feel like you're starving 24/7. Sucks, but what can you do?

Raychel
05-22-2011, 07:32 PM
If there were no troubles with changing tio a woman, just take a magic pill and bam done.

Nope, I would still rather be the same man that I am now. I enjoy being a man, and I enjoy even more getting to wear wiomans clothes sometimes. If I had to wear them all the time, I am afraid that the enjoyment would go away.

Kerigirl2009
05-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Sometimes my mind thinks, OMG yes, and other times it says what are you nuts. / For me I think it is all about finding out how the Women live and to know those experiences. So yes and no. I would love to know and if I liked it then I could answer this question.
But truthfully, I would love to be able to switch back and forth but I suspect If I had that choice I would remain mostly female.
Keri

Suzette Muguet de Mai
05-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Gosh, this is a hard one to answer truthfully. I have put off answering till I could honestly say yay or nay, In my heart and brain I feel more inline with being female than male, just the twins let me know that my body is male. I have many mood swings and they seem to increase in frequency as the moon rises and appears at its brightest. I feel that to be a woman was what I should have been, but I was directed towards many male things that now have faded with time.
In answering this question: Yes I want to be a woman...Minus (pregnancy + Period). Would I be totally accepted by the sisterhood, no because as my mother says, you cannot give life as you have no uterus. Yes, that hurts.

Angie G
05-22-2011, 09:08 PM
I would love to live as a woman 27/7.at my age like you it wouldn't be feasible to have surgery and my wife wouldn't care for the idea at all.:hugs:
Angie

NathalieX66
05-22-2011, 09:25 PM
I posted a while a back ago on this thread.
My advice for every single one of you to is meet & know someone who has gone down the full route.
Make friends with them , the knowledge is well worth it.

I found my place. I like me as I am, I do not need chemical, pharmaceutical, or surgical intervention, however permanent hair removal notwithstanding. That's me and me only. Anyone can fantasize where they'd like to be, but going through the motions of transition is pretty heavy stuff. It can be done, and the results will provide happiness for the right people....i've seen it.

gerigirl
05-22-2011, 11:39 PM
While I have had periods of denial, I know I AM a woman. Transition for me has been more than a 40 year struggle. I remember very clearly thinking something was wrong with me at 5, and I developed my first transition plan when I was about 12. I have so wished that "wanting to be a woman" in the way suggested here was enough to move me further forward in my transition. I have felt such desperation and regret that I wasn't strong enough to put aside my fears, depression, disappointment, anxiety, and shame those many years ago. The biggest irony in my life is that struggling with my transexuality has made it so difficult to address it as the core issue in my life. It is part of why I don't have the money for surgery and the kind of support that I feel I need to succeed in my situation.

What I "WANT" is for the society to accept me as a woman, but with my height, bone structure, and features this isn't likely to happen regardless of how much surgery I have. Hormones have worked a little magic, but I am always going to be seen as a transwoman first. While that is getting easier to accept as I move forward it hasn't been at all easy. Recent social changes are making it a bit easier these days, but I still feel like I am bearing a heavy burden. Some people have written that they wish they could transform in an instant, or start over if it were possible. I guess I will endorse this view as well, but I would settle for a body that just presented more possibilities or to be 12 or 15 again in today's social climate.

Mistybtm
05-23-2011, 12:15 AM
yes most of the time but not 100% of the time I would say 99.9%

Rianna Humble
05-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Yes I want to be a woman...Minus (pregnancy + Period). Would I be totally accepted by the sisterhood, no because as my mother says, you cannot give life as you have no uterus. Yes, that hurts.

Although I am a woman (albeit with the wrong body), those are two things I regret not being able to experience. I have always wanted to have children, but not by someone else carrying them.

Your mother's comments are extremely hurtful, does she say the same thing to any other women she knows who cannot conceive? After all by her standard they should not be part of the "sisterhood" either.

I would love to live as a woman 27/7.at my age like you it wouldn't be feasible to have surgery and my wife wouldn't care for the idea at all

Angie, I have had to settle for only 24/7 but I don't understand why you say that your age plays a part in determining whether you could have surgery. I can understand the point about your wife, however.

Pattie O
05-23-2011, 01:20 AM
Yes,to be honest,I would love to be a woman and have felt this way since a very young age.I dream about the whole bit except maybe pregnancy but would love to be able to present as fully female and be treated like a lady(although in society this appears to be occurring less and less with time).To me it would be divine to be able to dress the way I wanted and to go out dancing or to the opera /ballet and being wined and dined and even going to the footy!
But ,I think to me it is just a dream and far from my reality so I have to accept the way things are and there are some very important parts of my life I would never want to change and the most important being my immediate family.

Samantha_Smile
05-23-2011, 07:07 AM
Said it before and I'll say it again...
I preffer to have to option to present as which ever gender I like. Even if there was a magic pill that would transform my past present and future to that of me being female, I wouldnt take it.
Im happy with my life and to be honest I wouldnt change it.
CDing has it ups and downs, but so does everything else in life.

BreenaDion
05-23-2011, 07:49 AM
I do not want to go through SRS or to transition, but if given the chance I would start my life over from birth as a girl.

Violet sorry to say but we DONT take hormones and do surgery to make US feal like woman . We are woman from birth , unlike CD'ers who ARE MEN. Our minds are that of women and dont think and act like men, unless we have to hide from persecution, which is a heinous ordeal to undertake.

No offence taken .
Breena.

Joanne108
05-23-2011, 08:14 AM
I agree. If society were more tolerant I would live dressed as a woman. I would love to do it 24/7! BUT I am a man. I fully accept that I am a male that loves to dress and look like a woman. However there is no way I would want to have a period, be pregnant, or have SRS! I love who I am. I do not and will not change it. Cross-dressing has given me perspective of how hard women work on their look. Also it has given me patience when my wife is getting ready. She'll say,if I try to rush her, "I still can get dressed to the nines faster than you". She is right! I take to damn long getting dolled up! I guess I am comfortable with who I am.

Inna
05-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Just to be a slightly controversial :) well, not really because it is the fact, every embryo within the very first stage of fetus development is designated "default female" then depending on chromosomal and genetic information process of transformation of the sex characteristics happens. So you see, we all,and I mean all, were at the beginning a female anyway. We just returning to our original form, that's all.

sabrinaedwards
05-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Hi Annie, when I'm all dressed up, my ultimate fantasy is to be complete woman. That fantasy adds to my enhansed feelings I have while fully dressed. I love being a girl!
Love, Sabrina

Cait
05-23-2011, 12:06 PM
If I'm being honest with myself given the choice I would prefer to have been born female. However, that not being the case I am perfectly happy with being male and am very comfortable and confident with who I am.
I can't say that at this moment in time I have any inclination whatsoever to transition but who knows how I'll feel about that in future.
Essentially, I'm happy being me.

KimMcNelis
05-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the question... The answer is more complicated than a simple 'yes' or 'no.' That being said,... No. ;-) I don't need to be a woman to be who I am in the world. I can be myself regardless of the gender I'm presenting. It's simply easier sometimes to present who I am (or more of who I am) while presenting one way or the other. Would I like to be a woman? Sometimes yes, very much. However, there is no magic pill that would let me morph back and forth between female and male, and transition tends to be a one-way journey. Could I be happy living as a woman? Yes, probably so... though undertaking life as a transwoman is not to be done lightly; it is a necessary path for some, to being who they are. To having their body match their spirit, their psyche. Most of my friends in the gender community are TS women, and I certainly can relate w/them in many ways, and relate to how they are as people and how they interact with life. Most importantly, though, life is meant to be lived and enjoyed... and if one can live life and enjoy it sliding between genders, or staying in only one, then more power to them.

LoriFlores
05-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Yes, I wish I was a complete woman. I desire full femininity and a correct female body. I hate my masculinity... :sad:

BriannaCD
05-23-2011, 06:58 PM
The last time my wife asked me that, I answered as honestly as I could without causing great pain to her. Because honestly, the answer is that I would have been happy to have been born female, but I am unwilling to undergo transition and surgery to achieve that. I am unwilling to cause such great pain to myself and my loved ones in order to achieve what may be only a pipe dream. And the best thing in my life is the privilege I enjoy of being able to be a good husband to my dear wife. Do I wish I was a woman? Yes. Do I want to take drastic measures to become a woman? No.

I seriously cannot imagine what pain it would cause to my brother, my mother, my sister, my wife, and my good friends were I to suddenly undergo transition. I'd lose nearly everything I hold dear to me, and the end result would not nearly justify all of the wreckage it would leave in its wake.

Interesting reply Marla. I have known all my life I was different in the way that I should have been born a female. Being also that I have four older sisters does not help the situation much. One sister knows of that pain I endure on a daily basis and has encouraged me to go against the grain of what others think or say in order for me to feel better aligned mind and body.

My wife has known from the first month of dating that I was Transgender (M2F) and that I had a nice wardrobe full of nice things. As I was single at the time and starting transition. But being with my wife and being the father of her children was what motivated me to stop my transition. Today, I feel that it was the WRONG choice to make. I am sadder, more depressed, withdrawn, and less social today for making that decision.

"Where you say you cannot imagine what pain it would cause them" - what about the pain inside yourself? Mine kills me everyday but at the same time, my depression causes me to be hidden even within my own self and I could not see myself Transitioning within this life time. My mother came to terms with my gender issues about 10 years ago and knows that I still dress from time to time as does my sister, but given the opportunity to go back in time to my pre-teens when this feeling was strongest, I would do things differently. I would have told my therapist then that I was born in the wrong body instead of saying I was just being shy at school, and so many other things.

I guess I care about what others think of me more than what I think of myself because I cannot go through with it. Now I just dress in my home when everyone is out.

Brianna

Marla - Thank you for opening my eyes a little wider to what I have been feeling for a very long time. I have tried to express myself to others as to why, and your writing has helped to me. So thank you Marla.

Alice Green
05-23-2011, 07:22 PM
I would in a heartbeat.

kathyw
05-24-2011, 06:49 AM
yes i would if god will let me be one. but i dont have the money for a docter and my grandkids woulsnt understand

Jennifer Marie P.
05-24-2011, 08:06 AM
I want to be a woman thats why I fully transitioned got breast implants and live and work as a woman 24/7 and waiting for my SRS.

markinhose
05-24-2011, 12:07 PM
if it were only that easy to do it, yes in a moment, in a heartbeat,

i would. so many things that stand in the way, loosing a job over it, loosing friends and even family, not to mention the time, and money it takes. if only i could snap my finger or even go back to my birth and change gender right from the beginning like someone said previosly.

ive come to accept who i am, and im grateful to still be able to dress enfemme when i want and go out, date who i wish, whether im mark or shannon. do i like it? no. am i settling? i have to say yes. at times it is depressing. but i enjoy and still make the best of what and who i am....

kimdl93
05-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Would I undergo surgery and HRT, no. Would I dress 24/7 - doesn't work with family and professional responsibilities. Would I like to be a woman...god yes!

Nicole Rose
05-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Sometimes I fantasize but I feel like I could never do it.

stockinged nemo
05-25-2011, 01:19 AM
I don't want to be a woman but find it fun and sexy to try and look like one. I would never want to permanantly become a woman, but I have fantasized about switching places with other women for a day.

tinysquid
05-25-2011, 11:38 PM
i would love to- wold change in a minute! =]

Farrah Rose
05-26-2011, 01:25 AM
I love being a man, but also love becoming a woman. I like having the option to become feminine from time to time and at the end go back to my normal male self. I dont want to lose that, so i dont really want to be a full-time woman.

Shanice
05-26-2011, 02:00 AM
The more I actually dress and think about it I do. I find myself driving in boy mode, listening to music, and feeling really feminine. I can see myself being full woman more often than not. It really is confusing and frustrating.

amielts
05-26-2011, 06:07 AM
When we confess our desire to wear women's clothing to our SO either before or after marriage or the relationship that we mutually agree to enter, one of the first questions we are asked is, "Do you want to be a woman?"

I guess everyone really needs to explore this issue and be truthful about it. Lying about this will hurt both parties involved.

As for me, I am transitioning full-time, because I have explored the issue and that's what I want to do.

karren G
06-08-2011, 04:26 AM
When we confess our desire to wear women's clothing to our SO either before or after marriage or the relationship that we mutually agree to enter, one of the first questions we are asked is, "Do you want to be a woman?" As I remember my response, it was "Oh no, I am a man and want to remain one!" At least something pretty close to that. As I have read so many threads and replies, my answer seems to be fairly representative of the answers most of you have shared. But after all the years and all the miles we have all put in dressing and perfecting our desire to project a female image and be accepted as a woman, did we really answer the question truthfully?

For me the truthful answer should have been: "No, I don't want to go through surgery but if given the chance I would live as a female 24/7." How many of you have come to the same conclusion?

Some dress only occasionally, some dress every day, some travel as women, some want to work full-time as women, some share the desire to be accepted as a woman, and some are taking hormones, have undergone surgery for breast implants and some have made the final decision to undergo SRS.

Be honest! Given the chance, do you want to be a woman?
:) If you lived in south wales GB they are all for funding SRS as stated on the tv and the artical said on itv wales that most that want SRS are mostly about 52 years of age and that the NHS would encorage and fund there SRS - now that's a thought if i did decied i wanted to one day as the wife is always buying more sexy underware and dresses etc, and dose not mind me femanine in front of her even in bed in a camisole and frilly knikers she has bough me or given me hers - I love her lots , and she is very accepting of my femanine side compleatly. :daydreaming:

Peta_T
06-08-2011, 04:38 AM
Hmmm. Physically, as in body.. yes in a heartbeat. Emotionally and psychologically I am a woman.
If medical science progressed to the point that regardless of your starting point, you could control the end result, then yes. Sign me up. Pregnancy, periods, PMS everything else, yes please. I would gladly accept all the problems of being a woman.
Problem is current methods just will never allow me to “fade” in the background as a woman. I will always stand out a “guy in a dress”. The depression this causes is mine to bear.

Jessica86
06-08-2011, 05:09 AM
I honestly don't want to be a woman, even if I was given the chance. As I tell my wife, I can change my hair, breast size, and whatever in a few minutes! That, and no time of the month, child birth, and the pain of trying to always reduce your body weight. I take a look at my life and I literally wrote down what I love about Jessica and my male side. Jessica has no stress, and that's the main thing I love about her. There is nothing like coming home, drinkin beer, shootin guns, muscle cars, and my friends sittin around talking with me about women. I would not have heard my son's first word. It was "daddy". Too many good things. The stress, and my desire to be sexy and beautiful at times is overwhelming, and that is when Jessica comes out. Being sexy as Jessica is so fun, and a big reason why I dress too! So, I will continue to try to pass as a woman, but I will never want to be a woman in this life. I love all that I have too much.

Joanagreenleaf
06-08-2011, 05:09 AM
"A" woman?

Why stop at one?

Carla
06-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Emphatically NO! I love women's clothes, their style, color, texture, feel, and am downright comfortable in them. With my wife's support, I have a complete wardrobe for winter and summer. But we all know that will grow!!! LOL.

Anyway, I have no desire to BE a women, only to look like one as much as possible. I dress nearly everyday as it is only because their are no children at home and I am retired. I often go out but not in very public places....yet anyway.

Girl
06-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Yes, yes, absolutely yes! I want my external appearence to reflect the totally feminine woman that I am in my soul! I should have been born a girl!

Roxanne_Alternate
06-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Never. I'm comfortable in my male body and want to keep it that way.

I know I'm 100% straight so that makes it even less difficult for me to chose between being a man or woman. I dress only occasionally anyway. Being a guy is so much easier. It's a pain to put on make up every time...

Joanagreenleaf
06-10-2011, 06:07 PM
To probably be shorter, weaker, under paid - and having to date men?

No, thanks.

On second thought, just, "No."

Debutante
06-10-2011, 08:19 PM
I want to go deeply and feel a very real and womanly self, that is femme, and daringly female... I don't seek
surgery or other bodily transformations... someone called this "deep crosddressing"...

Kelly Greene
06-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Do I want to be a woman?
Most of the time I find myself saying I wish I had been born a girl, but my loving wife can not deal with a totally female me and it would be unfair for me to force her to. I think my best course of action is to find a way to integrate male and female into one, this is also the long path to being tg,cd,ts, or what ever else you want to call it,I will call it me.

StephanieC
06-10-2011, 08:56 PM
For me, I think the potentials are far more attractive as a female than a male. Or to state it differently, I don't see anything about being male that is more compelling than being female.

sweetmelody
06-10-2011, 10:03 PM
What a tough question ! The further into dressing I go, the more I would have to say yes. I would love to wear lingerie and a skirt to work every day. Unfortunately I know what I would stand to lose and I am not willing to give that up. I am content dressing when I can. We'll see what the future holds

Jamie Burton
06-11-2011, 09:33 PM
The more I actually dress and think about it I do. I find myself driving in boy mode, listening to music, and feeling really feminine. I can see myself being full woman more often than not. It really is confusing and frustrating.

I've found myself in this same situation - confused, frustrated, upset, constantly feeling like I'm about to burst into tears. If you'd asked me just a few weeks ago, I'd have said no quite quickly. Just last weekend I spent two full days (while at the Be-All Conference), a full 48 hours, living and being only Jamie. It was amazing and now I've actually starting to think seriously about making the transition and living full time (I have no desire for SRS but have begun to consider hormone therapy), but am incredible torn by what that would do to my family. I'm starting to look around for a therapist with experience working with TG clients to see if they can help me sort this out.

Genivieve
06-11-2011, 10:06 PM
I think about this a lot. I just had to delete a whole essay I just wrote! This isn't the place for it. I would want to be a woman even in a society where females are considered to be inferior. Deep down I'm a girl and if it meant being a housewife, having to spend hours looking presentable, or relying on a man to tell me what to do, I'd still want. I'd be willing to give up a lot to have my inner feelings and genetic body match.

Sedona
06-12-2011, 06:40 AM
To answer the question. No, not at all. I never have, and doubt I ever will.

wantstocrossdress
06-16-2011, 03:49 AM
for dressing up, yes. that's the only reason.

for work, my regular and personal life, and everything else, i'd rather be a guy.
i dont want to go through monthly periods.
walking around in heels aint fun.
i dont want to fuss and worry about makeup or touching up

though there are times that i do want to have breasts so that i could get a better feeling and not just socks/bag of beans in my bras but what what would i do with breast when im on 'man mode' again? :D

Beverly
06-16-2011, 06:49 AM
YES! But I don't want to take hormones do to health concerns.

kristinacd55
06-16-2011, 07:42 AM
As I told my wife, not at this point in my life. If I was in my teens, or 20's I would definitely think about it. But I enjoy being a guy sometimes as well.

BobbieJoe
06-16-2011, 07:52 AM
I'd like to be Alice in Wonderland.

JessiRed
06-16-2011, 08:02 AM
I already am, my body just doesn't agree...

Natalie D
06-19-2011, 10:44 PM
I've enjoyed my life as a man and doing the things men do. Doing things that only a man can do with his son for instance and going out drinking with my mates. So many things that I wouldnt change. But the feminine part of me longs to know just what it feels like to be a woman. Child birth, periods and the sexualty are things we as men can never truly understand. Changing my gender has never intrested me. I dont feel like I was born the wrong sex so I have no desire to change. But I do think all the time about being a woman. Yeah it would have been nice to have been born a girl but I'm happy just dressing and acting like a woman for a few hours. Thats enough for me.

gender_blender
06-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Sure! But only if I could be a more attactive female than I already seem to be.

boardpuppy
06-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Like most other girls, when I came out to the SO, it was the usual resounding "NO". Today I can say that yes I would change genders in a heartbeat. What physical changes I wish to make to acomplish this are still being though out.

Alice

maryellen
06-19-2011, 11:30 PM
If I could make the transition without losing friends, family and profession, I would do it in a heartbeat. But a year ago I would have just said no. Now it's a deep yearning. The tradeoffs don't seem as disastrous as they once did. I'll see where I am in another year.

Maryellen

Rianna Humble
06-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Sure! But only if I could be a more attactive female than I already seem to be.

This seems to be a case of wanting your cake and eat it too! You are already very attractive

zorianacd
06-20-2011, 09:22 PM
In short, no. I love being a guy. I love being able to work on the illusion of being a female. The clothes, shoes, nails and makeup are just fun to mix and match. The only thing I would do is hair removal which would make it a lot easier to dress on a whim.

Kendra Sue
06-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Yes and no. Depending on my mood. Sometimes I am perfectly content being a man. Other times I see the pretty clothes, jewlry and makeup and then I become very envios

Renee_B
06-20-2011, 10:51 PM
I find myself torn, I'm not all that attached to being male and I enjoy dressing as a female, I tend to think I present male more because I'm used to it than anything else.

NathalieX66
06-20-2011, 11:10 PM
20 years ago, madly Yes.
I evolved somehow to the point that I've developed strong self-image of me in both genders...I can't do without one or the other.
So I feel I'm half female/half male, and I like it. My female expression of me seems to be rather external and extrinsic part of me, not internal/intrinsic. ...guy inside/girl outside. I'm bored and unsatisfied of male presentation, it's just not me.....but I'm perfectly happy cutting up my knuckles while fixing an engine block on an old car, and going out in public in a cocktail dress later on. The "need for conquest" element of being a guy is still there, yet I want to doll up and be beautiful.

eluuzion
06-20-2011, 11:24 PM
If the pay is competitive and there is a 401K & health benefits pkg...yes...I would accept the position.:D

Otherwise, no thanks...

It is like being a doctor. I am not a real doctor, I just like pretending to be one in the bedroom sometimes...:heehee:

Now if anybody figures out a way to become invisible, call me.

:love:

Rianna Humble
06-21-2011, 02:16 PM
if anybody figures out a way to become invisible, call me.

I don't know, I think your wife would see straight through you :heehee:

SweetIonis
06-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Sometimes very strongly. A lot of the time the desire is there, not as strong, but there nonetheless.

That said women have some issues they have to deal with. Mood swings from hormones, discrimination. I have seen childbirth a couple of times. Each time, I said forget about being a woman. But then I forgot about it! LOL!!!

sarahNZ
06-22-2011, 05:05 AM
Would I like to be a woman???... Of course I would! Providing I was born that way (GG). Yes I could go the route that some have taken with hormones and surgery and some day I may do just that, BUT.. and no offence ment to those who have gone that way... I have a deep voice, wide shoulders, narrow hips, and a mans face and height, that said... with enough money and surgery I may well be able to fix those parts (or at least some of them) and I may be able to get by in the world, heck I may even be able to fool some... but I would never be able to fool myself! I would still be a woman in a mans body to me.

And don't even get me started on how much it would cost to get enough shoes in my size to keep a woman happy..... :devil:

SaraTV
09-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Do I want to be a woman? Nah.

I've thought long and hard about which label I should place on my screen-name, and I'm using TV because I love the clothing... but not forever.

SarahLynn
09-18-2011, 06:39 PM
When ... so what does that say about me?

Girltoy, I think your "name" says it all.

SarahLynn

geri-tg.
09-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Some very good answers. When I was asked that very question I said no what I wanted to is no SRS but live as a women only to chenge to a boy mode when nessary.

cassandra54
09-18-2011, 07:23 PM
if there was an SRS that could make me identical biologically the same as a woman, i would give it some serious thought, but that would include the ability to have children. given the current state of anti-aging medicine and all of the treatments available such as knee and hip replacements, who knows how long one might live. the idea of living a second life as a woman for the next forty or fifty years is certainly intriguing. the only limitation is the cost. but for the time being i am happy leading two different lives. i get to dress as much as i can and when i am not, i do enjoy my male side immensely. i think i can be extremely close as cassandra to being a woman without the current SRS.

SarahLynn
09-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Would I, if I could, transition fully with all the correct body parts? Perhaps.

I've seen several here who have mentioned some of the "bad" aspects of being FAB (Female At Birth) but I'm wondering if they have given much thought to the other "bad" aspects, breast cancer, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, radiation treatments, doctors who are not fully "professional" in their behaviour, etc.. Lets add in men, who in general, treat women as chattel not equals, bosses who expect more than what the job calls for, underlings who will be advanced ahead of you because they have families to support, etc..

There are times of late when I imagine myself as a lady, yet I know these times are usually when I'm engaged in procreation activites. More than anything I wonder how it feels to be "on the receiving end". And I know I will never know these things regardless of what phyical changes I make to myself. I know it would not be the same, even if i had SRS.

For now, what I want most is to have more time to fully dress. To have a wardrobe of beautifull clothes, nice shoes, jewelry, long hair again with full makeup, and to be able to dress this way anytime I wish. And to truely look like the woman I feel is inside of me. She would appear to the outside world as a mix of the following ladies in their heyday, Grace Kelly, Teresa Brewer, Vera Lynn, Connie Francis and Connie Stevens. And she would have a singing voice as lovely as all of them too.

If I can't have that then I'll continue to exist as I am, frustrated with my male self but not totally dissatified with me either.

SarahLynn

Torrey
09-18-2011, 09:37 PM
I think Rianna said it best...

We take the hormones and undergo the surgery because we are women not in order to become something that we were not.

Based on that premise, and it is how I feel, I would (and hopefully will) go through everything necessary.

DebbieL
09-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Yes, absolutely yes, I've wanted to be a girl since I discovered there was a difference when I was 5 years old. Each time my body went through changes making me more like a man, I went into deep depression and despair. I didn't have testacles when I was born, and I had been told that they might come down naturally. When the did, I tried desperately to push them back up where they came from. When my voice started changing I turned to drugs and alcohol. When I found out I was a bass, I got even more self-destructive and suicidal.

Unfortunately, I had zero support from my parents. My mother understood, but her father was a right wing fundamentalist Christian and might have gone so far as to have me kidnapped and exercised. My father was feminine, but he didn't want me to have to go through the same abuse he endured as a kid. Too late, I was already there.

I hoped that if I got married and was having real sex all the time, I wouldn't need to dress, and might accept being a man, but that didn't work out so well. Marriage, 2 children, divorce, and child support made it impossible to put together the money for the measures required to transition. But being confronted with the consequences of never seeing my children again, I decided to wait.

If there were a magic spell that would turn me into a 20 something beautiful woman with all of my current wisdom and knowledge, along with perhaps, the memories of the woman I had become, I would do it in a heartbeat. I'd even give her my body, and all the success that came with it. Alas, it's only a fantasy that only exists in fictional books, movies, and television.

I often wonder if, when we die, we have the option of heaven or reincarnation. If so, I might opt for another round as a beautiful and successful woman. If I have to go to heaven, I hope I have the option of choosing my body, and maybe even making adjustments when I want to, like a second life avatar.

Since I was very young, maybe 4-5 years old, I've had dreams of life as a 16 year old girl, who had been having a wonderful time with boys. But I also remember being strangled to death, I think by my religious father, who framed my boyfriend for the murder. When I moved to the mid-hudson valley, I realized that I had lived there before.

I wonder if that your woman had always wanted to be a boy?

RiverdanceGirl
09-18-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm a tall masculine looking man and I could never pass as a woman no matter how much surgery I had. I live in a town of very short people. I've decided as much as I want to be a woman it's just not feasible. However the good lord blessed me with rather feminine legs so it's not so bad. Hosiery therapy to the rescue. Being female is all I've ever wanted so it's difficult to come to terms with the fact I can't ever have what I want. I'm hoping some day they'll invent the technology to allow us to step into the Star Trek transporter, be beamed out and beam back in with the body we truly desire. I'd be a petite brunette and love it.

christina s
09-18-2011, 10:02 PM
This is a weird question for me . Do i want to be a women ? Not really . Do i think life would of been easier if i was born in the exact same living conditions and was born a girl ? Probably .

Torrey
09-18-2011, 10:03 PM
I often wonder if, when we die, we have the option of heaven or reincarnation. If so, I might opt for another round as a beautiful and successful woman. If I have to go to heaven, I hope I have the option of choosing my body, and maybe even making adjustments when I want to, like a second life avatar.

What a wonderful thought. There is a belief among those of a certain Protestant denomination which says that we made a choice to come down and live our lives. One has to wonder if we were given that option & quality control missed a boo boo during production.

cassandra54
09-18-2011, 10:15 PM
I often wonder if, when we die, we have the option of heaven or reincarnation. If so, I might opt for another round as a beautiful and successful woman. If I have to go to heaven, I hope I have the option of choosing my body, and maybe even making adjustments when I want to, like a second life avatar.,

i too am one of those mainstream christians that believe in reincarnation. i think one's soul is like the electricity that drives our bodies. it is never extinguished, it just moves to a new body. if i could choose my next life, i would like to come back as a girl and grow up in cali in the 50's or 60's. how cool would that be. speaking of reincarnation, maybe some you who believe you are a woman trapped in a man's body really are. maybe you were a woman in a previous lifetime. it does make sense. especially when it says in the bible, "the kingdom of heaven is at hand". if i take that literally, then i am to believe that heaven is right here on earth, living a life we choose.

Kim Young
09-19-2011, 12:37 AM
I'd love to on a part-time basis but never full-time. I identify too much with being male, other than the CDing part.

But then again maybe after a one-month trial, I wouldn't want to turn back. I'd probably have to find new friends as the dynamic between my current friends would be disturbed, or is that disturbing...

marny
09-19-2011, 01:35 AM
at least for a weeekend. or every day

Lexine
09-19-2011, 01:43 AM
I love the flexibility of being a man, a woman, or a combination of both (androgyne). My opinions have changed over the course of the past year, but one thing is constant: I love being a gender tourist and I feel that if I did fully transition to being a woman that I'd have to find a way to transition back as a man.

Carol Elizabeth
09-19-2011, 03:11 AM
From an old Jewish prayer:

"Each day I rise and thank God I was born a man..."

'Cause in my case,

I'd make one bu++ ugly woman.

So unless I was born a GG - I will stay the way I am.

Amymonroe
09-19-2011, 03:56 AM
If i could hit the restart button i would, or if i did not have the family ties that i have i would love to transition. i have even prayed for it. i still have deep feelings about switching sides. but right now i have too much to loose. now if i were in an accident and i lost the use of my male parts then i would push the issue with family and friends.i guess i am on the line with this question.

Annie D
09-19-2011, 06:36 AM
Start over again? No, I don't think so. I would miss my wife and my kids too much to do so but to live along side of them as Annie would be most fulfilling for me.

BlondeFarrah
09-19-2011, 09:03 AM
I said "no" just because family questions. I m very happy with my life.

kimdl93
09-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Honestly, the asnwer has changed over the years moving incrementally towards wanting to spend more and more time as a woman. I don't know that circumstances will ever permit me to be, but I have to say, yes, in many respects I "want" to be a woman. That being said, my realities are much like yours...I don't foresee being fully out to everyone in my life and work...so I'll remain, part time. Its really not a bad compromise.

Jennifercrossdress
09-19-2011, 12:19 PM
I sometimes wish I had been born a woman, but I really enjoy being a man and have no desire to under go surgery or to transition.

That said, I'm curious, how man of us would appreciate femininity if we had been born a woman? I mean the only time my wife wears really pretty or sexy clothes its when its for me.

Evana
09-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Oh what a question. I regret my sex so much. I should have been a girl. I love everything about them. They can look pretty, dress and walk sexy, buy beautiful clothes...

I love dressing up so much and I take a whole day to prepare. I love shaving my legs and painting my toe nails. I have to say that I am not a very aggressive person and I don't have the nerve to go into a beauty shop to buy lipstick. I buy my lipstick from the supermarket 7:00 in the morning and I go to the self checkout.

I need help!

BLUE ORCHID
09-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Hi Annie, Not really I just love dressing like a woman.
If I was a woman I probably would have been a F to M CD.

Orchid

Debutante
09-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Sometimes I have those deep feelings that are womanly, and feel: "Why am I struggling so much to be a man in the everyday world? So much hiding, stress,
taking on a false self" I guess I have more of a road to go to self-acceptance, exploration, and going deep.......

Donna June
09-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Yes, I would want to be a woman. I feel I have the heart and soul of a woman and if I knew back, maybe 20 years ago, what I know now I would have had SRS. Thank God though, I am content with my life and don't fret about it.

Rianna Humble
09-19-2011, 06:26 PM
I am content with my life and don't fret about it.

In that case you definitely don't need the stress of transitioning

Tammy2010
09-19-2011, 10:39 PM
yes i want to be a woman. If i could go back in time and change up the chromosomes a little i would.

Wendae
09-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Nah! Thought about it for years. Wanted a vagina and to get rid of the thing between my legs that I hated. Now years later I would rather dress when I feel like it and not have to fem up 24/7.

dee-liscious
09-20-2011, 12:25 PM
yes...if I could flick a switch I would be a woman in a heartbeat x

Cindy.
09-20-2011, 12:30 PM
No. I enjoy being a guy a lot of the time. From what I can gather, my dressing stems from how wonderful my wife is. I always want to be like her when I dress. She drives everything in me.

BlondeFarrah
09-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Cindy...just to say "congratulations" to you

wanagione
09-20-2011, 02:31 PM
I would transition if the time was different. I am making changes that I and my wife can live with, such as shaving and laser to the beard. But I have made committments that I feel I should keep. If things change though I would transition.

AndreaCD1963
09-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Do I want to be a woman? No - I certainly enjoy some of my maleness.
Would I want some femme features to be real / permanent - resounding YES
Would I want to live full time femme but keep the "man parts" - resounding YES

I'm selfish - I want the best of both worlds!

I love female clothing! I love the female figure and form!

I want the shape & the clothing while keeping the man-part too

Emily Ann Brown
09-20-2011, 02:45 PM
The answer is...I AM A WOMAN! Oh...you meant physical in body. If God let me wake up tomorrow as a GG I would throw a party. But after the pain and fight I went through after the stroke...I am not volunteering for more pain, or more pain for my kids.

Em

Shelly67
09-20-2011, 03:27 PM
NO.
I would just like one thing ...... to be present in a world where people like ourselves are totally accepted and understood .
One can dream .

part-time-amanda
09-20-2011, 07:56 PM
No. I couldn't give up the life I have worked so hard on.
with that being said, I would love to spend one day as a woman so I could get out and be confident.

AnitaH
09-20-2011, 09:00 PM
I do like some aspects of being male. If truth be told not too many aspects though. I would not want surgery but I must admit that I have often thought that I would like to live 24/7 dressed.

AnitaH

ashleymasters
09-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Not permanently but If I could just switch back and forth I would love it. If I could just change shape to a 5ft 5 120lb little pretty lady I would probably do it every other weekend. And still have the life I do now. I know that's not even close to possible but it's fun to think about.

TheresaJTS
09-21-2011, 01:35 PM
I would definitely love to have smooth, hairless skin, long hair and c-cup breasts. I believe I would keep what's between my legs though. Somehow I find that very sexy.

ArleneRaquel
09-21-2011, 03:59 PM
I have loved my years living as a woman, but I am too chicken to have any type of surgery done.

Leslie Iz
09-22-2011, 11:55 PM
Yes, I want to be a woman with all of the good and bad that goes with it, my feelings to be female have only grown stronger over the years. While I do not regret who I am or who I was born as my overwhelming desire to be everything XX consumes me. I will continue to live both lifestyles out of apprehension and maybe fear so my real hope would possibly be reincarnation.

Sensei86
09-23-2011, 12:12 AM
I would definitely love to have smooth, hairless skin, long hair and c-cup breasts. I believe I would keep what's between my legs though. Somehow I find that very sexy.

This. As just another women it wouldn't be anything special.

Courtney463
09-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Yes a woman please... Its funny people are like "if you find a Jeanie what would your three wishes be... Easy answer 1st wish to be a beautiful woman who could model for her career, second to be 20 again, third that everyone in my life knew me as a woman like it has always been the case! Life would be perfect!

missmillie
09-23-2011, 11:44 AM
This something that I have kicked around for a few days since reading this thread. My answer is no, and the reason is I could become a woman and have no one to answer to except myself as you all know that have read my posts I can g 24/7 as a woman with no problem in fact I do quite often even at my job.
My main reason I am very femme acting I do not date other men or do I date women, I go out and have social evening with my girl friends and work associates i even have danced with men at some of the clubs we go to these are not dives they are upscale entertainment venues and the discussion has come up about my transitioning to a woman, I have talked to our resident phsyc at length on this and what I myself have determined is that no I could never be a real woman, in appearance yes in my heart no I would not have the proper tools of a woman although I have been dressing since I was 6 or7 years old I couldn't do it. the dancing is another thread that I may post. things at one time got a little sticky.
As always Millie

BrittM
09-23-2011, 12:06 PM
No, not really. I hadn't even thought about it until this thread was made, actually. I think I want to be able to go out and pass as a woman some time, but mostly just for the adrenaline I'd feel and the feeling I'd get when someone thought I actually was a girl. I don't want to become a woman, I just would like to dress well enough for people to think that I am one while dressed. I like my masculinity and my "boy mode" life, and wouldn't want to give that up. Britt is an expression of my femininity, but that femininity is just a small part of who I am, not my entire identity. It's just something different, new, and exciting...and gives me a chance to behave femininely without recourse. So I can enjoy my feminine moments, instead of repressing them, and then go back to boy mode when I'm done.

<3
Britt

Aprilrain
09-23-2011, 12:12 PM

None taken here but I will say that when you change your mind 10 or 20 years from now your REALLY going to be kicking yourself for not having taken those hormones at your current age (19ish?):heehee:

BrittM
09-23-2011, 12:31 PM
NO.
I would just like one thing ...... to be present in a world where people like ourselves are totally accepted and understood .
One can dream .

Exactly! Everything would be so much easier if this was the case!

giuseppina
09-23-2011, 09:16 PM
I have no desire for any body modifications other than ear piercing, and I don't want to live as a women 24/7/365. It's not right for me.

herwannabe
09-25-2011, 09:55 AM
I honestly wish I had been born a woman, and I would do the whole change over but at last I am not good looking enough to pass at 57 yrs old. But if I could rub Genies lamp and have 3 wishes then being a woman would be one of those wishes.

Krissie1962
09-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Yes I certanly would like to be a real women.I believe I was nearly born a girl,I have virtualy no body hair, that coused a lot of problems in school .physicle ed class the kids were required to shower after class,I was tounted about my lack of hair and having a girly body this occured in the many schools I attended.so it was not just the jocks poking fun,,,,,,what they did not know was I was looking at there bodies as well, and thinking of getting home and sneek off and put panties on."usauly" aquired from a nieghbors cloths line.surgerie, I would have done that 20 years ago ,if I only knew.now I realize im not alone .I think often of a realy good kiss from a man,and being carresed and touched,in a realy soft gentle way,by a man as a women.I would have been pretty premiscuois I think if I had been born a girl.

BrendaT
10-25-2011, 06:01 AM
I could not imagine not being a man. I love it as much as I love dressing and being fem. I would love to have nice natural breasts but that's it. Brenda is just a part of who I am not who I am as a whole. She is my stress reliever and fantasy and let's me get away from my ultra manly job. I am bisexual so the need to be female to satisfy an urge isn't required as well. If I was born female, I would hope my wife was gay so I could still marry her, can't think of another person on the planet I want to grow old with. I will admit there has been times I would have begged to be female, when I met this really hot movie star in LA. Would have enjoyed some time with him..lol

Laura17
10-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Yes I do!! I would transition in a heartbeat if I could.
There isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about the different moments in my life where I should have accepted those feelings I kept repressing and had opportunities to initiate the road to womanhood.

The only thing that keeps me confined to a closeted CD, is my love for my kids and wife.

JanetK
10-25-2011, 10:19 AM
My response is a tricky one and for me cannot be a yes or no answer.
I feel that I am a woman in a male's body. I outwardly express myself as Janet every chance I get. Note-I started off this last sentence saying I want to be Janet every chance I get, but I AM Janet. I just don't show it with my outward appearance. I have to be careful, because the urge to express the true me can sometimes outweigh my daily responsibilities. I have walked the thin line of pushing my dressing too far several times, and have come close to getting in a heap of trouble at work and home because of it.
Would I transition? Definitely. Am I emotionally ready? Unfortunately not at this time. There is just too much to lose. I feel that I would lose my wife, family, friends, and my job if I were to transition. But it is such a massive dream of mine. I have thoughts all of the time about how great it would be to show the real Janet 24/7.
One issue with becoming a woman full time is that I am physically attracted to women. Very feminine women at that. I am not attracted to burly women. I have nothing against burly women as people, I am just not physically attracted to them. I also have absolutely no attraction to men. In order for me to have any sexual relationships if I were to transition, I would have to find a lesbian woman who does not find any issue with dating a woman who used to be a man.
Another issue I have is money. It is very expensive to transition. Luckily, I have an extensive collection of clothes and shoes so that expense would be minimal, but the expense of SRS and HRT are more than my budget can handle right now.

*Vanessa*
10-25-2011, 10:42 AM
None taken here but I will say that when you change your mind 10 or 20 years from now your REALLY going to be kicking yourself for not having taken those hormones at your current age (19ish?):heehee:

Or 30 :/ yikes! - Totally agree with you April...

Do you want to be a woman? I just want and need to be me.

Stephenie S
10-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Wow. Very impressive. Nine pages.

I just want you all to remember that femininity is a MALE construct. When you talk of pretty clothes, makeup, hairstyles, high heels and such you are not talking of femaleness. You are talking about a construct, a man made construct, of what MEN think women should be. This has NOTHING at all to do with being female.

And many, many of you are talking about the fact you would only want to be an ATTRACTIVE woman. "I'd rather be a guy than an ugly woman." Clearly you have no idea what being a woman is all about at all.

None the less, an interesting thread. Lot's of response. But this IS a crossdressing forum, isn't it?

S

Erica Thorn
10-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Nope, I like my man side to and I'm just happy visiting the female side now and then :D

KellyJameson
10-25-2011, 01:44 PM
It would be interesting to know how many CD's wish they had been born a woman.

reflections-of
10-25-2011, 01:59 PM
No not really. It is fun to dress and all that but I enjoy being a man more then being a female. I would rather have a magical ring and when I put it on, boom, I transform into a girl. While I'll admit I may wear it a lot when I first get it, I think in the end, not so much. It would be like a new toy, fun at first but after awhile you don't play with it as much as you used to when you first got it.

But mostly I would wear it to make shopping easier. I gets annoying after a while getting looks and all that. It's like, yeah, I'm a guy who dresses as a female. It's like get the **** over it....oh no I am buying a dress, some people make big deals over stupid things.

Rianna Humble
10-25-2011, 03:46 PM
And many, many of you are talking about the fact you would only want to be an ATTRACTIVE woman. "I'd rather be a guy than an ugly woman." Clearly you have no idea what being a woman is all about at all.

None the less, an interesting thread. Lot's of response. But this IS a crossdressing forum, isn't it?

Could that be an interesting difference between cross-dressers and TS folk? When I finally sought medical help, I told the doctor "I would rather end my life as an ugly woman than spend one more day as a man"

Shaila Storm
10-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi Annie , Just to let you know that in my case I have always thought as a girl and I am almost sure that its a scientific fact that some men are born with a feminine brain . I know that since I was about 5 or 6 I felt that something up stairs (brain) did not match with what I was seeing Down stairs (body) so my answer to this one would be girl power all the way .

Shaila

wilt575
10-25-2011, 08:56 PM
For me the answer is no I don't want the surgery because it would't give me what i really want real working female equip. but yes I would to come back as a woman and be able to get pregnant and carry a baby that's my dream meanwhile I'll just dress the part.

RitaRich
10-26-2011, 01:00 AM
I am an artist. There is a fem in me that is as strong than the boys hanging from me. My fem is the creator. My boys are the alpha male. The take charge guy. The role I have to play in order to pay for my new skirt and hot crop top.
If I could wave a magic wand, I would keep them both. I see both my man and my woman as strengths. If society says I have to have one of them removed, it is only because they are jealous!
We are the future! Men who are no longer stuck in the alpha male stone age era. We can be soft as a vulvae and hard as a rock at the same time. They can scoff us, mock us and even dare to chop us, but they will never stop us. We will keep coming.
Whether they like it or not, someday rock hard Females will rule the earth!

Monica93304
10-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Yes. I do... I've been a CD for a while, but I would say that I consider myself a TS in a non-medical transition phase. I have been changing my appearance slowly with longer hair, always shaven, and shaped eyebrows. Next phase for me is HRT and laser hair removal before going full time.

FYI, I just turned 41.

jillleanne
10-26-2011, 07:04 AM
In all fairness, I cannot answer that because I do not know what it is like to live as a transitioned woman. I currently live retired as a genetic male often expressing my fem side portraying a female for days or weeks at a time and because I am not transitioned; expressing myself for this length of time requires alot of hard work. If you are asking if I would transition, the answer would be yes, I would IF, my current situation were ever to change in that I was single again which I have no desire to become. I am quite happy in my relationship with my s/o. Yes, if I were to transition, I would have FRS and SRS with breast augmentation with the hopes I could be as happy as I am now, and have to work much less at being the gender enhanced person I see in the mirror. I would also miss the male in me. That being said, if the question were, " Would you rather have been born a woman?", the answer is emphatically yes. My fear of transitioning any time in the furure is, would transitioning give me the feminine qualities of a genetic woman, physically and mentally? I believe the answer is no, and that is something I would need to deal with to appease my mind which I know I could do . Oh, just to be clear, I would sexually be a lesbian.

Deborah
10-26-2011, 07:11 AM

Sums up my feelings as well.

Dora Faye
10-26-2011, 10:11 AM
I don't really feel the need to become a woman but I sure wouldn't mind looking a little more like one.

Debutante
10-27-2011, 04:41 PM
I could see doing it more... with a fantasy of being my womanly self at work.... but only if it was a safe environment with accepting, supportive people. it's very hard to allow myself this

GBJoker
10-27-2011, 09:10 PM
If I was seriously given the chance, and had the money... and the time, etc... I honestly could say... I've no answer to the question.

3 and a half years ago, I would have begged to a full real female (except the pregnancy part...), but things have changed too much. When I came out to people a year and half ago, I was asked that question, and I did not, and still have not provided an answer. I probably never will.

Toni Citara
10-27-2011, 09:13 PM
No. I like who I am, like my body, my brain, and my enjoyment of crossdressing has nothing to do with a desire to change genders. I love throwing on a suit for the office, picking out a shirt and tie that rocks, the only thing I wish I could add to my look is a killer pair of heels.

JasmineKCD36
10-27-2011, 09:36 PM
I think the more I think about this question the more and more I want to be. I already have a very feminine way about myself (at least my friends think so) and I just feel right when I'm dressed. My problem is just mental though in worrying about what everyone thinks of me and being accepted. Guess I need to get over that.

Marissa333
10-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Yes. I will eventually transition to full time but I am pretty sure I will not do srs. If I could magically be changed into a woman I wouldn't even hesitate to answer yes.

cdsara
10-27-2011, 09:55 PM
I agree I like my male side and making love to my wife but if a genie appeared and gave me 3 wishes I know one would be to tryit out for awhile and then have the choice. I feel happier being male after coming out to my wife. too bad I can't be male and still have a nice set of breasts!

RiverdanceGirl
10-27-2011, 10:01 PM
The magical transformation, totally yes. I'd be Gillian Murphy when I woke up tomorrow.

To answer the root of the question, yes yes yes and yes.

Vanessa5
10-27-2011, 10:25 PM
No I don't think I would like to be a woman. There are times I wish I were a woman then ahhhhh not so much. In my profession my breasts would get in the way too often.

kundthu1
10-28-2011, 03:20 AM
permanent transformation? NO, but if I can change at will then yes, I want to enjoy both sides of my personality fully

siantv2003
10-28-2011, 09:44 AM
I really like BobbieJoe's answer!! But my real answer is the same one I have always given! I HAVE NO DESIRE TO EVER BE A WOMAN!! Never have had, and it is not likely that I ever will! Sure, I do love to wear feminine clothing! But that is as far as it goes!! I was born a man, and really like being one!!

That pretty much sums it up for me too. Oh, I have (over) analysed this a thousand times but when I strip it down to bare facts, I am happy with my male self and everthing about it. I also enjoy being Sian occassionally .. a little escapism of sorts :-)

Oh and I also l agree with BobbieJoe - lots of money would always be nice, could buy those stunning heels Is aw the other day .. a snip at £600!

krissy
10-28-2011, 12:48 PM
i would love to dress most days and nights as long as family didnt catch me .i just enjoy dressing up and feeling complete inside i dont want to have sex change just dress and be me