PDA

View Full Version : 1st Psychologist Apt Tomorrow

Shawnacdin
05-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Well tomorrow is my first psychologist appointment tomorrow to discuss my dressing. I really am not to nervous to talk about my dressing because I have put a lot of thought and research into finding a shrink. I am guessing a lot of people have seen a psychologist, is there any questions I should ask her on my first visit?

Thanks girls,
Shawna

Duana
05-16-2011, 08:48 PM
I have no advice about what to ask because I don't know what your problem is. I feel no need or desire to see a shrink and in fact, the DSM doesn't classify CDing as a problem unless its interfering with normal functioning. What's up?

StaceyJane
05-16-2011, 10:38 PM
You should ask about her experience working with TG people.

Jaydee
05-16-2011, 11:25 PM
You should ask about her experience working with TG people.

My best suggestion. It can make all the difference.

Jaydee

BillieJoEllen
05-18-2011, 12:13 PM
If you're seeing the psychologist on your own feel free to ask her anything you want to. Let her guide you through your therapy but always keep in mind that you are in charge!
I was forced into therapy and it didn't do one lick of good except to deplete my financial resources.

Sarah Doepner
05-18-2011, 02:59 PM
And how did it go?
My plan would be to sit and let the professional take the lead. When the conversation got to your crossdressing, get clarification on the counselor's background and experience in the area. If they seem antagonistic or confrontational and you don't like that approach, let them know. They will be working with and for you. Other than that, just be open to them and honest in your answers. If you aren't, it's waste of everyone's time and money.

Shawnacdin
05-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks for all the feedback, the appointment went great and I am seeing her next week. :)